Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation

Spider-Vice

RDR2 Bitch & Moan Thread

Use this thread to air your grievances about Rockstar and their practices, and how RDR2 is gonna suck or whatever have you!

Message added by Spider-Vice

What Info is coming next for RDR2?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. We know we're going to have preorder bonuses, but what do you think R* means by "and more"?

• Online Info
    • Gameplay Trailer
    • Official Artbook Info
    • More Screenshots
    • More Story Trailers
    • Nothing, they're liars
    • It was just the Collector's Box

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/30/2018 at 11:00 PM

Dick Justice

@J. Dillinger, you know there were doctors in RDR too right? There was a mission where you and Bonnie drive to Armadillo and you go in and buy medicine. Yet that game had no survival aspects. Youre only going to disappoint yourself when you assume these things are in the game before we know for sure.

DexMacLeod

Why would you be going to a doctor's office to restore deadeye? Its a shot we get now? That sounds like something a general store would sell. Tonics and remedies for only health purposes? A tonic for 10% health and a remedy for even more? Why would both be used for health.

In Redemption you could buy Dead Eye Tobacco at the Doctor and in the shot of the Doctor's Office from RDR2 it sure looks like it says Tobacco on that list of stuff. Different sized health packs aren't exactly uncommon in video games.

To me it sounds like if your bitten by say a snake, you can buy a remedy for how it may affect you. Tonics are a medicinal substance taken to give a feeling of vigor or well-being. I can see there being different tonics for certain health needed situations & things.

I guess I just have no idea where you're getting that from. I get that it's what you want I just don't get why you think that's a thing that's going to happen.

Sicknesses, illness and disease was much apart of the west if we are going to talk about realism and history. You get attacked by some sh*t out in the woods, it would be realistic to just eat a herb and your all better huh? This isnt dumb ass GTA where you throwback a box of nerds or a soda and regain health.

It may not be "just dumb ass GTA" but it's still "just" an over the top action adventure game. I think the game being fun is going to come before being realistic. What are you even saying here? You should be able to go to the Doctor for a tonic that heals bear attack wounds or if you get attacked by a bear you've just got to sit there and watch Arthur slowly bleed out?

Look at the general store, why tf would all that sh*t be advertised if they don't mean sh*t? Meats, groceries, canned goods? Just for laughs yea?

It also says Linen, you really think we're gonna be able to buy fabric at the general store? Not to mention the barrels full of brooms and washboards that more than likely won't be things we can buy and use.

In Redemption the General Store in McFarlane's Ranch only had four things listed outside. You can't buy any of them inside. These are elements used to create the illusion of a "living breathing" world. Not gameplay elements.

Like I said, I get that you want this to be a realistic Western simulation I just don't see any evidence for you to believe so strongly that Rockstar is going to give you that.

zachsterosu

Why would you be going to a doctor's office to restore deadeye? Its a shot we get now? That sounds like something a general store would sell. Tonics and remedies for only health purposes? A tonic for 10% health and a remedy for even more? Why would both be used for health.

In Redemption you could buy Dead Eye Tobacco at the Doctor and in the shot of the Doctor's Office from RDR2 it sure looks like it says Tobacco on that list of stuff. Different sized health packs aren't exactly uncommon in video games.

To me it sounds like if your bitten by say a snake, you can buy a remedy for how it may affect you. Tonics are a medicinal substance taken to give a feeling of vigor or well-being. I can see there being different tonics for certain health needed situations & things.

I guess I just have no idea where you're getting that from. I get that it's what you want I just don't get why you think that's a thing that's going to happen.

Sicknesses, illness and disease was much apart of the west if we are going to talk about realism and history. You get attacked by some sh*t out in the woods, it would be realistic to just eat a herb and your all better huh? This isnt dumb ass GTA where you throwback a box of nerds or a soda and regain health.

It may not be "just dumb ass GTA" but it's still "just" an over the top action adventure game. I think the game being fun is going to come before being realistic. What are you even saying here? You should be able to go to the Doctor for a tonic that heals bear attack wounds or if you get attacked by a bear you've just got to sit there and watch Arthur slowly bleed out?

Look at the general store, why tf would all that sh*t be advertised if they don't mean sh*t? Meats, groceries, canned goods? Just for laughs yea?

It also says Linen, you really think we're gonna be able to buy fabric at the general store? Not to mention the barrels full of brooms and washboards that more than likely won't be things we can buy and use.

In Redemption the General Store in McFarlane's Ranch only had four things listed outside. You can't buy any of them inside. These are elements used to create the illusion of a "living breathing" world. Not gameplay elements.

Like I said, I get that you want this to be a realistic Western simulation I just don't see any evidence for you to believe so strongly that Rockstar is going to give you that.

Yep. I think that because there's almost no western video games(current-gen), a lot of people(myself included) want R* to go full on western simulator with it. I think it's quite reasonable to expect things like fishing, cooking, and crafting to an extent, but diseases and stuff are a bit of a stretch. I'd say with RPG elements, it'll pretty much be RDR with the new options/features GTA V provided, and then a little more.

Edited by zachsterosu

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Look im not saying these are for sure things that will happen, i just think its a possibility if rockstar wanted to focus on a realism and immersion. Now im not saying everything displayed will be sold there don't get me wrong, sh*t in RDR they advertised cookware, flour all kinds of sh*t and we know how that went lol. i just was looking at the delay photos as R* maybe trying to tell us something. The game being fun and realistic i think has to go hand and hand bro. Rockstar are innovators no? Bitten by a snake, should it just lower health? Players can just pop some medicine and all good? what is the fun in that? lets say bitten, you get woozy, its hard to walk and control your character but you have to make it to the doctor or consume a remedy in a certain amount of time. Does that not sound fun and realistic? I think as developers adding more depth to things like that would like to be improved and expanded on. in RDR it was medicine and tonics that regained your health for you. I could see if remedies were in RDR and meant nothing, but its something not seen before. i don't want a western simulator, i want a realistic, action & adventure western open world experience. There isn't nothing wrong with having speculating and discussing "could be's" harmlessly and peacefully, but to say what rockstar wont do or will do shouldnt be debated but i totally feel what your saying. At the end of the day i was just stating what i thought would be cool and what i think would add immersion to the game. We know nothing yet, imagine you telling someone in 2013 there would be flying and submarine cars in GTAV lol.

Jason

We know nothing yet, imagine you telling someone in 2013 there would be flying and submarine cars in GTAV lol.

Man has a point. :lol:

Edited by Jason

Hmmm nice bike

Please....... :(

Honestly, after all of this waiting around with not a peep from Rockstar (again), I'm starting to feel more like this Phil Collins song

Maybe some people have stayed hyped, but honestly, this whole silence thing doesn't do it for me.

DexMacLeod

Man, these giant walls of text are pretty tough to respond to in any sort of efficient fashion.

The game being fun and realistic i think has to go hand and hand bro. Rockstar are innovators no? Bitten by a snake, should it just lower health? Players can just pop some medicine and all good? what is the fun in that? lets say bitten, you get woozy, its hard to walk and control your character but you have to make it to the doctor or consume a remedy in a certain amount of time. Does that not sound fun and realistic?

Rockstar are innovators but mostly when it comes to creating a detailed world. Their gameplay mechanics are often outdated before their games even release. Even still, survival mechanics aren't new. Those types of games have existed for ages.

If I'm on my way to a mission marker or objective and I have to stop what I'm doing to go see a Doctor for my snake bite that's not fun to me. That breaks the immersion of the story for me.

i don't want a western simulator, i want a realistic, action & adventure western open world experience.

The problem, for me with that is the realism has to be consistent. If you're going to make things likes snake bites and what not have realistic effects then suddenly the constant violence and shootouts start to stand out as even more over the top than they already are.

There isn't nothing wrong with having speculating and discussing "could be's" harmlessly and peacefully, but to say what rockstar wont do or will do shouldnt be debated but i totally feel what your saying. At the end of the day i was just stating what i thought would be cool and what i think would add immersion to the game. We know nothing yet, imagine you telling someone in 2013 there would be flying and submarine cars in GTAV lol.

Yeah. I don't mean to sound antagonistic or anything like that. I post these things with no emotion and am just engaging in friendly conversation. Sorry if it ever appears as otherwise.

Hugoat

I think we can take some gang partners to explore the world with Arthur. (It's cool to have a company other than the horse).

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Man, these giant walls of text are pretty tough to respond to in any sort of efficient fashion.

The game being fun and realistic i think has to go hand and hand bro. Rockstar are innovators no? Bitten by a snake, should it just lower health? Players can just pop some medicine and all good? what is the fun in that? lets say bitten, you get woozy, its hard to walk and control your character but you have to make it to the doctor or consume a remedy in a certain amount of time. Does that not sound fun and realistic?

Rockstar are innovators but mostly when it comes to creating a detailed world. Their gameplay mechanics are often outdated before their games even release. Even still, survival mechanics aren't new. Those types of games have existed for ages.

If I'm on my way to a mission marker or objective and I have to stop what I'm doing to go see a Doctor for my snake bite that's not fun to me. That breaks the immersion of the story for me.

i don't want a western simulator, i want a realistic, action & adventure western open world experience.

The problem, for me with that is the realism has to be consistent. If you're going to make things likes snake bites and what not have realistic effects then suddenly the constant violence and shootouts start to stand out as even more over the top than they already are.

There isn't nothing wrong with having speculating and discussing "could be's" harmlessly and peacefully, but to say what rockstar wont do or will do shouldnt be debated but i totally feel what your saying. At the end of the day i was just stating what i thought would be cool and what i think would add immersion to the game. We know nothing yet, imagine you telling someone in 2013 there would be flying and submarine cars in GTAV lol.

Yeah. I don't mean to sound antagonistic or anything like that. I post these things with no emotion and am just engaging in friendly conversation. Sorry if it ever appears as otherwise. Nah man your good, i honestly didn't take it the wrong way at all tbh, it was innocent discussion, No insults or anything. The feeling is mutual. I can respect your opinions and I can see what you mean when u speak about things breaking the immersion for you. We'll just have to see how things go,i could be thinking too much imto it. I'm sure R* will decide what they think is the best experience for players.

mechanics being outdated what do you mean by that?

Rockstar innovates open world experiences, this being a next gen game and seeing what they have done with GTAV, i can only imagine how far Rockstar will go to make this a truly fun immersive experience for players. Anyone can detail a world, i hate Ubisoft but even they can detail a world in great fashion. What you can do in the world, how things work is what has always impresses me about R* and they're games. GTAO with the amount of features and mechanics and content could seriously be a whole new game lol.

greenrock

I had a dream about red dead 2

XxEviLKnighT

Haha

Same

thedarkman123

my dream was delayed

DGSimo

Hmmm looks like after doing some research it seems RDR2 did get it's PEGI rating, and not a provisional one at that.

FlatFX

http://www.pegi.info/de/index/id/1184/

Topic 3 is interesting because they need an "examination pack" to proove the rating. So for me that is a copy of the game.

How does the rating process function?
Prior to release of each version of a game, publishers complete an on-line content assessment and declaration form. The first part of the form deals with legal provisions in certain European countries.

1 The publisher then completes the second part of the form relating to the content assessment of the game and taking into account the possible presence of violence, sex and other sensitive visual or audio content.

2 According to the declared content, PEGI allocates a provisional age rating along with content descriptors to indicate why the game has been allocated that age category.

3 The PEGI administrator (NICAM or VSC depending on the provisional age rating given) are sent an examination pack which contains all of the information and material required to double-check the provisional rating against the PEGI criteria.

4 The publisher is then issued with a licence authorising the use of the age rating label together with the related content descriptor(s) for the game.

Edited by FlatFX

O.Z

Good sign, something is definitely coming, whether it's a delay or a spring release date.

Indeed, RDR2 is coming in 2018

DGSimo

http://www.pegi.info/de/index/id/1184/

Topic 3 is interesting because they need an "examination pack" to proove the rating. So for me that is a copy of the game.

How does the rating process function?

Prior to release of each version of a game, publishers complete an on-line content assessment and declaration form. The first part of the form deals with legal provisions in certain European countries.

1 The publisher then completes the second part of the form relating to the content assessment of the game and taking into account the possible presence of violence, sex and other sensitive visual or audio content.

2 According to the declared content, PEGI allocates a provisional age rating along with content descriptors to indicate why the game has been allocated that age category.

3 The PEGI administrator (NICAM or VSC depending on the provisional age rating given) are sent an examination pack which contains all of the information and material required to double-check the provisional rating against the PEGI criteria.

4 The publisher is then issued with a licence authorising the use of the age rating label together with the related content descriptor(s) for the game.

It's likely the same as the ESRB though where they need to submit video evidence along with the form to confirm the content of the provisional rating.

saintsrow

I had a dream about red dead 2

I had a dream about Rockstar marketing RDR2. Nothing happened. Then I woke up.

EDIT: PS: Well, tell us about your dream, man.

EDIT 2: Dreams are all we got. We should tell each other about our RDR2 dreams.

Edited by saintsrow

MostWantedMVP

Red Dead fans: I can't wait for the marketing to start soon for Red Dead Redemption II, I'm so happy there is no more delays!

Meanwhile at Take-Two interactive...

giphy.gif

Edited by MostWantedMVP

SuperKitsune

While detailed diseases or health conditions might be unlikely, i would like to see more dynamic weather.

Such as the desert or savannah regions being able to cause damage or fatigue when you venture through them during midday when the sun is burning. Animals and npc's will hide from the heat.

Heavy rain making roads more soggy and slippery. Affecting your speed and making horse riding a bit more challenging. Npc's will seek shelter in houses or under trees.

Blizzards or dense fog making it impossible to venture through. Would be a somewhat realistic way to keep players away from certain areas during the beginning of the game, such as the mountains and the bayous.

And in general having to dress you according to the weather and/or biome you are in.

thedarkman123

will rdr2 have gore? limbs off, head explodes, something of that sort? i would really liked that.

Tall Trees Sasquatch

will rdr2 have gore? limbs off, head explodes, something of that sort? i would really liked that.

Shooting off limbs like Red did to Colonel Daren in Revlover would be awesome!

Red Dead Redemption had exit wounds when you got a headshot and sometimes, mostly with the explosive rifle, people could blow up into bits if hit with an explosive. Really hope they don't go the GTA V route and we get some realistic gore like the first game.

MostWantedMVP

It wouldn't be Red Dead without gore and really strong shooting mechanics.

As for limbs, I hope so. Half Life 2 did that 14 years ago so I don't see why Rockstar can't add it.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

LV3007

https://twitter.com/bol_com_games/status/952452906413936642

Tweet from a Dutch webshop

It says: from march 31st you'll explore the wild west with RDR2. The creators of GTA are now back with a brand-new giant openworld game.

If march 31st was only a placeholder date they wouldn't tweet that date would they?

FlatFX

31st of March would still count as their Q4 FY which they said wont happen.

But you are right that tweeting out a date is quite strange

Also they would just have 2 month of marketing for the game.

I still believe that news are imminent but with these news we will see a release date announcement for late August 2018.

Everything else would be a big suprise

Edited by FlatFX

thedarkman123

The good news is, even if there is a delay, there will be a release date, not fall or winter crap, but actual numbers this time, after this i won't care at all about more screenshots and videos, ITS HAPPENING.

SuperKitsune

Isn't a Saturday a kind of a strage day to release the game on? Tuesday or Friday seems more likely.

Edited by SuperKitsune

Not Kmart

I still don't see a delay happening yet..

Maybe if we were already half way through February, like past Valentine's day I'd start worrying.

I just don't see us waiting that long for information of course lol

Then again.. what do I know 😂😂😂

Edited by Not Kmart

Jestic

https://twitter.com/bol_com_games/status/952452906413936642

Tweet from a Dutch webshop

It says: from march 31st you'll explore the wild west with RDR2. The creators of GTA are now back with a brand-new giant openworld game.

If march 31st was only a placeholder date they wouldn't tweet that date would they?

I like how they don't even try picking a believable release date

It's 1 day before the next fiscal year AND on a Saturday no less.

They are just baiting pre-orders (almost seems like a chain reaction at this point).

Efreet

Except for GTA V New-gen, did any of these store dates predict a R* release date with a good accuracy? No, then placeholder as always until further notice. R* is tight-lipped when it comes to such information, or in fact, any information. One should be shocked if the leaked map is real, because it'd unprecedented in the history of the company unless it was a controlled leak. They take out RDR2 from actor resumes, you know. Anyway, this week or the next, otherwise it's done.

Wavybone216

Its Done lmao youre acting like the game will be canceled or something....at this point an extra 3-4 month wait wouldnt even matter weve waited this long....but Im still going for Spring until Rockstar says otherwise....