Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,346 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation

Spider-Vice

RDR2 Bitch & Moan Thread

Use this thread to air your grievances about Rockstar and their practices, and how RDR2 is gonna suck or whatever have you!

Message added by Spider-Vice

What Info is coming next for RDR2?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. We know we're going to have preorder bonuses, but what do you think R* means by "and more"?

• Online Info
    • Gameplay Trailer
    • Official Artbook Info
    • More Screenshots
    • More Story Trailers
    • Nothing, they're liars
    • It was just the Collector's Box

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/30/2018 at 11:00 PM

TheOriginalGunslinger

What the hell who am I kidding. I can't stop guessing and speculating. I wonder if it's a big deal to release just ONE SCREENSHOT maybe even two? C'mon Rockstar! Wet our appetite a little. ;)

23381644.jpg

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

bilala21

I think the GI cover is going to be Agents of Mayhem, they released a new trailer today

Edited by bilala21

Spider-Vice

Glad we're still finding these. Nice find!

Archive: http://archive.is/I3YeF

Frantz Fuchs

Multiple protagonists pretty much confirmed? Roger Clark and him are both supposedly lead characters.

Don't know how I feel about this. I wanted a more story driven game with one protag this time...

Edited by Frantz Fuchs

Efreet

Multiple protagonists pretty much confirmed? Roger Clark and him are both supposedly lead characters.

Don't know how I feel about this. I wanted a more story driven game with one protag this time...

Not necessarily a protagonist. He could just be a major character, as the opposite of 'Lead' role is 'Supporting' role.

Frantz Fuchs

Not necessarily a protagonist. He could just be a major character, as the opposite of 'Lead' role is 'Supporting' role.

I was under the impression that lead is synonymous with protagonist. Maybe a native American English speaker can confirm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_actor

inb4 this is all over gaming websites. include me in the screenshot

LegacyKillaHD

So could it be Jeff Harms, Roger Clark and Benjamin Byron Davis or Steve J Palmer as our trio?

bilala21

Does game-informer have a specific day that they reveal the cover, or is it random?

Spider-Vice

Usually Tuesdays or Thursdays. Either the first or second week of the month.

Edited by Spider-Vice

LegacyKillaHD

Does game-informer have a specific day that they reveal the cover, or is it random?

Someone posted the days over the years for the May's cover reveal....seems to be between April 4th to April 9th

Kirsty

Another interesting find Jabalous, another thing to add to the Treasure Hunt. I can't wait to see if all these finds we've gathered are truly in the game.

Lead actor I would say is just one of the main characters. In TV shows leads are the first names in the opening credits, with supporting cast listed towards the end and only appearing on the sides.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Damn

DGSimo

I don't believe there was anything suggesting Clark was the lead, just the possibility of his involvement in the project and his voice sounding similar to the one in the announcement trailer.

This would be iirc the first bit of info suggesting the importance of a role.

Jason

I still think there's an outside chance of more than 3 playable characters and you select which 3 you want for a mission. Seems like a plausible natural progression from GTA V's system and would go well with the story following a gang (if that is what the story is about anyway).

Frantz Fuchs

I don't believe there was anything suggesting Clark was the lead, just the possibility of his involvement in the project and his voice sounding similar to the one in the announcement trailer.

Would they include his voice in the trailer if he wasn't the lead?

LegacyKillaHD

I still think there's an outside chance of more than 3 playable characters and you select which 3 you want for a mission. Seems like a plausible natural progression from GTA V's system and would go well with the story following a gang (if that is what the story is about anyway).

eghhh idk

Drew MacFarlane's Voice Actor did RDR's Debut Trailer and Ned Luke did GTA 5....so honestly we don't know

saintsrow

In the past, some of the important sound bites in trailers came from other characters, taken from cutscenes. I think that's just as typical as having the protag's voice. Actually, Rockstar probably learned their lesson when they used Ned Luke's voice in the first GTAV trailer - giving away a main character. I don't think they will do that again.

I was under the impression that lead is synonymous with protagonist. Maybe a native American English speaker can confirm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_actor

inb4 this is all over gaming websites. include me in the screenshot

I took a look at the link to the guy's resume. He seems to use "lead" in a lot of places, including the New Media section. I don't know the definition of lead vs supporting, though.

Edited by saintsrow

TheOriginalGunslinger

GTA IV, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, and GTA V all had a special place on this building in NYC. Let's hope Red Dead Redemption 2 follows...

rdr_canalgreene1.jpg

Also, this is my "waiting for anything related to Red Dead Redemption 2" look and pose.

Rdr_gus_ballard.jpg

Zoobz

Hopefully when the last of this current GTA:Online drip feed update content (cars) finishes up.* We'll start to see hints / actual RDR2 info.

*Think it's the last car tomorrow (Turismo Classic), maybe something next week. Not sure.

Darrel

Tomorrow gentleman.

We can hope

assCRACK_98

Hopefully when the last of this current GTA:Online drip feed update content (cars) finishes up.* We'll start to see hints / actual RDR2 info.

*Think it's the last car tomorrow (Turismo Classic), maybe something next week. Not sure.

Turismo and Duke of Death.

Zoobz

Turismo and Duke of Death.

Cool. So that makes the Duke on the 11th. We can hope for after something RDR2 related after that.

Maybe the 18th, the following Tuesday. But this R*, they can announce anything anytime. But I think it'll be after this GTA:Online update content.

Spider-Vice

The Duke isn't really a new car though, though if they do dedicate a week to it, we'll be looking at past the 11th. Definitely not tomorrow, that's car day.

volta2001

Duck of Death I says

Alborghetti

No tweets today...

mombo2811

No tweets today...

tomorrow

assCRACK_98

No tweets today...

tomorrow

the day after that

DShadelz

No tweets today...

I haven't necessarily sleuthed over Rockstar's twitter for the past few months, but I know they rarely go without posting. When this does occur, is it ever for no apparent reason? I know there's usually Twitter silence before a Tuesday/Thursday announcement, but could this be something not related to RDR2?

I think I speak for a good number of people in saying I have a good feeling about this week, I just want to gauge my confidence for our actual chances of getting some new info.

Dick Justice

Well, I voted for April but I'm still not confident about this week. I think we'll finally get something in between 11th and 27th of the month. It'll be post GTAO car updates and pre-Gun Runner update that will come out end of the month/beginning of May (right? I don't follow GTAO updates too closely).

Edited by Dick Justice