1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

I think we will not be receiving GI coverage in March. That's because the next issue will be # 300 and they're probably going to do something commemorative, or remember the best coverage or something. I start believing we're going to get the information straight from the Rockstar or IGN.

What better co-attraction to have for issue 300 than an in depth story article of rdr2. That would be beautiful!

But you're probably right though..I can't shake this feeling that R* will give us no rain for a long time again..Probably some drought bullsh*t until April at the earliest.

They do have some stuff planned for this already such as an event where theyre serving a Game Informer labeled beer and counting their 300 best games of all time. I have a feeling they will still do their regular cover story and I think its entirely possible that theyll cover RDR2. But more likely gonna be in April.

• Like 2

I think we will not be receiving GI coverage in March. That's because the next issue will be # 300 and they're probably going to do something commemorative, or remember the best coverage or something. I start believing we're going to get the information straight from the Rockstar or IGN.

What better co-attraction to have for issue 300 than an in depth story article of rdr2. That would be beautiful!

But you're probably right though..I can't shake this feeling that R* will give us no rain for a long time again..Probably some drought bullsh*t until April at the earliest.

They do have some stuff planned for this already such as an event where theyre serving a Game Informer labeled beer and counting their 300 best games of all time. I have a feeling they will still do their regular cover story and I think its entirely possible that theyll cover RDR2. But more likely gonna be in April.

If gta San Andreas and RDR aren't on that list...then GI doesn't deserve the honor to cover games... :p

As i mentioned yesterday: I haven't been around here for the last two weeks and it's just too much to read. Are there any new indicators for the time RDR2 could be set in?

Edited by tsycho

As i mentioned yesterday: I haven't been around here for the last two weeks and it's just too much to read. Are there any new indicators for the time RDR2 could be set in?

Between 1898-1906

Between 1898-1906

I think more like between 1894-1902

• Like 1

Between 1898-1906

Tue double action in gta online is based on a Colt New Service made in 1898, unless R* dont go for a historical route it cant be before 1898

Between 1898-1906

Tue double action in gta online is based on a Colt New Service made in 1898, unless R* dont go for a historical route it cant be before 1898

Good point, I still think it can be before that though. But who really knows. It's a guessing game until the official announcement.

1898 eh? I guess Dutch doesnt look he much younger.

Would the wild west have been in its prime in that year or will we see more references to the old west starting to die?

Would the wild west have been in its prime in that year or will we see more references to the old west starting to die?

The "Old West" started to die around 1889. So if we are in the mid to late-1890s then we will see the decline beginning. I don't see it being a theme to the extent Red Dead Redemption displayed it but it might have nods to it. Electricity moving in, federal government presence, people from the East moving out West. From what we have seen so far it seems we are seeing modern technology moving into our setting.

Edited by Sobchak
  • Like 2

I'm hoping Natives are going to be playing a bigger role in the story this time.

prayersofthepipecarrier.jpg

I watched The Magnificent Seven (remake) recently and the Native in that film is badass.

martin_-003.jpgMag7-Warrior05-list.png

• Like 4

The "Old West" started to die around 1889. So if we are in the mid to late-1890s then we will see the decline beginning. I don't see it being a theme to the extent Red Dead Redemption displayed it but it might have nods to it. Electricity moving in, federal government presence, people from the East moving out West. From what we have seen so far it seems we are seeing modern technology moving into our setting.

I was hoping this game would take place in the Old Wests prime but oh well we still have Red Dead 3
  • Like 2

Out of interest, because I bang on a lot about the leap forward red dead was against GTA IV, as much as I loved GTa IV. It was just ridiculous how much better mostly everything was, physics, graphics, sound. They got lucky Niko, Luis and Johnny were such well written characters cos it took the three of them to even touch Marston, with their f*cking blocky heads, crazy driving physics and relatively forumlaic stereotypes (I know I didn't live in olde western times so how would I know, well I didn't live in 00's New York either, flashlight is still a driving tune tho). Anyroad, it was light years of an advance, and red dead 2 is looking that way over GTA v, I mean in glad, anyway, pls prescribe your theories as to my premise, I'd love to hear them.

Hashtag ice breaker or whatever

• Like 2

Anyroad, it was light years of an advance, and red dead 2 is looking that way over GTA v, I mean in glad, anyway, pls prescribe your theories as to my premise, I'd love to hear them.

Hashtag ice breaker or whatever

I agree 100%, Red Dead Redemption was far superior compared to GTA IV even with just a two year difference. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) was developed under Rockstar San Diego. They probably knew how to better utilize the power the new engine could provide. Interestingly I haven't noticed Rockstar San Diego's logo in the credits of any of the released material yet. They are probably the primary developer so it will be interesting to see how much they can push the engine.

Also there are rumors they were developing an updated engine to take full advantage of the current gen consoles. Guess we will see.

I'm thinking April yeah. Chances are though they'll reveal a little bit more than we'd like and the info torrent will begin shortly thereafter with various trailers etc. around June or July.

Does anyone think itd be cool if R* made an open world game set in the Middle Ages with castles and swords etc?

I'd rather see them go futuristic/sci-fi personally. Although going super low-tech might force them to actually put some time into making their melee combat system decent.

• Like 2

I found an extremely interesting exchange of dialogue between John and Abigail, during the mission 'Old Friends, New Problems'.

John: "Bill weren't so bad, but when Dutch went crazy, Bill took it hard."

Abigail: "For a while we all thought we'd found somethin' right, a better way to live, but it was just a lie. You saw it before they did."

John: "Maybe. But they was still kind of a family."

Abigail: "A family that left you for dead. You knew the truth, John, and they hated you for it."

Maybe the gang really did think that they were 'wild west robin hoods' of sorts, only to find out that Dutch was secretly keeping all the money for himself(look at his appearance in RDR2). This might explain why both Bill and Javier "took it hard" as John so often remarks. The man they so admired and had all looked up to was a fraud, and they felt betrayed. This could also tie-in to a theory I've seen passed around which is that the burning mansion belongs to Dutch, and that it might be the fire he is rumored to have perished in.

Geez, it's almost 1:30, I need to get to bed...

Edited by zachsterosu

I made some more stereoviews, and put them in my stereo photo wishlist post, about 90 pages back.

Here's one:

VSAeWnh.png

I hope they have this as a game photo option. Given the current virtual reality 3D fad, it seems like an suitable idea. People could view these stereo slides on their phone, with a Google Cardboard mount, or equivalent.

This is really cool, thanks for sharing!! How did you made the 2 different angles? Moving the camera?

Thanks. The old stereo pictures are like magic, to see 3D in a photo - it must have seemed like cool high tech, back in the day.

Yes, I made these by capturing a screenshot, then flicking the right stick just a tiny bit, to move the camera, and then capturing the screenshot from that angle.

Regarding the post above, these stereoviews are parallel viewing, not cross-eyed viewing.

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 3

I found an extremely interesting exchange of dialogue between John and Abigail, during the mission 'Old Friends, New Problems'.

Abigail: "For a while we all thought we'd found somethin' right, a better way to live, but it was just a lie. You saw it before they did."

Abigail: "A family that left you for dead. You knew the truth, John, and they hated you for it."

Maybe the gang really did think that they were 'wild west robin hoods' of sorts, only to find out that Dutch was secretly keeping all the money for himself(look at his appearance in RDR2). This might explain why both Bill and Javier "took it hard" as John so often remarks. The man they so admired and had all looked up to was a fraud, and they felt betrayed. This could also tie-in to a theory I've seen passed around which is that the burning mansion belongs to Dutch, and that it might be the fire he is rumored to have perished in.

It's funny..I also thought it might have been Dutch's mansion. But why would he roam around from camp to camp then and choose to live a harsh life? I mean even when on the run from the law, he still could've set up some better places to stay if he was that wealthy.

All I know is that this is going to be the best game EVER!!

I cant bloody wait

Yup, the trailers still give me the shivers, even after watching it a million times already.

Even though the trailers are misleading mashups of cutscenes and implied gameplay that isn't real, yes, we all love the trailers, and I'm sure that the people who make them have a lot of fun doing it.

So why aren't there more trailers??? Rockstar marketing should give us a new trailer each week.

• Like 2

Honestly I hope Dutch turns out to be a man of ideals and not some kind of cult leader fraud. i feel like it would make the story that much more deep. its one thing to be a crazy charismatic leader, its another to actually have morals and be able to convince other people of those things and strive to push them no matter what. the latter of the two is much more admirable in my opinion and i think it would make for a more complex story if you play the games in chronological order.

• Like 3

Can anyone imagine Bill Williamson actually being a respectable character? Hes nearly as disgusting as Seth in RDR.

I bet he's actually one of the more off-the-chain members of Dutch's gang. lol. he does seem pretty damned wild.

I was hoping this game would take place in the Old Wests prime but oh well we still have Red Dead 3From Redemption 1 the only way they can really go is backwards so perhaps the series will move chronologically in reverse from here on out. Start around twenty years prior to Redemption and then move to the 1880s and so on. Edited by Money Over Bullshit

All I know is that this is going to be the best game EVER!!

I cant bloody wait

Yup, the trailers still give me the shivers, even after watching it a million times already.

Even though the trailers are misleading mashups of cutscenes and implied gameplay that isn't real, yes, we all love the trailers, and I'm sure that the people who make them have a lot of fun doing it.

So why aren't there more trailers??? Rockstar marketing should give us a new trailer each week.

I'm afraid Rockstar doesn't see things the way we do. Rockstar can be a little..how shall I say.."Indifferent" at times.