1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

TheOriginalGunslinger

And all the shady people start roaming the streets. I want towns to actually be more dangerous at night.

Makes me think actually, how many games actually have dangerous towns? Countless RPG's and stuff have been like "careful going to [x town], it's full of dangerous people" but then you get there and no one so much as looks at you funny. It'd be really cool if a dev actually did it properly, towns and settlements having their own unique feeling beyond simply visuals is something I'd love to see in general.

GTA III and GTA: San Andreas are the only games I can think of that have some hostile territories. You would get harassed constantly by either the Triads or Leone Family in Portland later in the game and in San Andreas various gangs would talk sh*t and sometimes (not always) would try to be pretty lethal.

You aren't the only one thinking that. It certainly has crossed my mind at times.

Another subject but whatever happened to Rufus? :(

Edited by Dexter_Morgan
  • Like 1

@Jason Yeah I agree, it definitely could use some more detailed attention. For example in rdr1 Thieves Landing was supposed to be the most notorious and shady town around.

However there was nothing extra dangerous over there I found. The only thing unique to the place was that the honor system worked differently over there.

@Dexter_Morgan Yeah but the thing is, those were gang affairs. We're talking about towns in general becoming more shady at night and attracting more unusual and dangerous crowds.

In all the other R* games with some exeptions, you can find the same type of people day and night. I would really like to see this changed.

Good question, but I don't know were Rufus went.

Edited by SuperKitsune
  • Like 2

Take 2 seem to have the same booth space as last year for E3. So no RDR2 it seems.

We get other new game titles news from one of the labels excluding R*

TheOriginalGunslinger

If that Poker app mini-game turns out to be true we should get a few games in with us all here every now and then if it does drop too. Should be fun! It would be cool if there is also a chat function included with it.

This October we will have been through The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in this thread. Can't wait to hop back on my horse and brush off the dust of those beautiful weapons. :)

Edited by Dexter_Morgan
  • Like 3

This thread gets super quiet after news is released. Anyone think we'll get a RDR2 GI issue in March? Or what month do you guys think we'll get one?

• Like 2

In Thieves Landing you get shot at by NPC's early on in the game if you go down the good guy route.. I'd say that's pretty dangerous

Yeah, it seemed like 90% of the time I tried to go through Thieves Landing there'd be a guy trying to kill a prostitute and I could never just ignore it. As soon as I saved her I'd end up in a crazy shootout against the whole town. Fun times.

This thread gets super quiet after news is released. Anyone think we'll get a RDR2 GI issue in March? Or what month do you guys think we'll get one?

March: unlikely

April: a good guess

May: at the latest

Just my personal opinion of course.

• Like 3

If that Poker app mini-game turns out to be true we should get a few games in with us all here every now and then if it does drop too. Should be fun! It would be cool if there is also a chat function included with it.

This October we will have been through The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in this thread. Can't wait to hop back on my horse and brush off the dust of those beautiful weapons. :)

I second this! It's a great idea!

Would be even better though if they include poker in RDR2O then we could all hop on ps4 or Xbox and have a big GTAF poker night.

Maybe make it into a weekly thread. With once a week tournaments etc. being a big poker player I'd definitely chip in (no pun intended) as I plan on spending many hours playing poker in game anyway.

That being said I'd like to see the poker system improved in single player a bit. You know with things like every saloon has a poker table but in the rich city or in a train car there are these big poker rooms full of high stakes games or on every in game Friday night there is a big tournament out on a big steam riverboat. I'd love that. That and the npcs have actual tells you can pick up on once you play with them long enough.

Edited by Synthetic_Soul
  • Like 4

does anyone take Arthur as a smoker?

He most likely is it was really common back then. John was a smoker so I could see it with Arthur. Gang life is rough. I would need a smoke if I had lawmen from three different states after me.

Ha, yes :lol: If I had lawmen from three different states after me, I'd need a smoke, a drink, and a woman. And by saying that, I don't mean to devalue a woman as though she's just an object, like a smoke or a drink. What I mean is, I'd need a woman. ;)

Not sure but i hope it's sooner that later.

8 more long months to go...:whuh::facedesk:

Id expect a GI cover or any form of info anytime before mid march

Id expect a GI cover or any form of info anytime before mid march August or September, not before.

August or September, not before.

I love reading peoples baseless speculations on when they will release info. "not before" based on what there's nothing saying they wont release GI cover in March or release info earlier

It's always calm right before the storm that never comes. :p

• Like 2

The game informer cover for GTA V came ten months before the actual release (in December '12) but at that time it was intended to be released the following spring and we knew next to nothing about the game aside from speculation.

• Like 2

Idk where to put this really, and I don't think it warrants its own thread, so i'm just gonna drop it in general chat. If more than a few people are interested I'll give it it's own thread. Long post Ahead:

All the countdowns are cool, but i dont like it. these websites are lame. 260 days going down once a day make me feels like it takes forever. I started counting seconds until the game releases, and i couldn't find a countdown that would do seconds. thats when i decided to make my own countdown clock. I gave it an RDR background and logo, made it count seconds. Then i decided to add some script that goes through random quotes from the first game and went to the RDR wikia page and stole some of their quotes, then i added links to Here and Newswire and to the first two trailers. then i sat on it for days because i figured you guys wouldnt care but as we pass the first 1,000,000 seconds since the release date was announced i figure ill put it somewhere.
SO:

9GMBYkD.png

Features:

-Matches to system clock so you dont have to worry about time zones.(I had this problem with some of the browser clocks.)
-Counts in seconds.

-Newswire link in top-left corner, link to this forum in top-right corner.
-Link to youtube videos of both trailers in bottom-right.
-Shows a quote from RDR1 or the RDR2 trailers every 10 seconds (Currently have quotes from Irish, John, Edgar Ross, Arthur Morgan, Bill Williamson, Dutch Van Der Linde, and Javier Escuella.

If you guys want ill pack it up for anyone with windows. if only two or three people want it, then ill just send you guys a message later. if its more popular than i thought it'd be i will make a thread and keep updating it when new trailers come out, or if preload dates are announced, etc.

Also if anyone has any more ideas of bells and whistles to put in this thing id be glad to hear it. I was going to make it play Jose Gonzales - Far Away but then if i distribute it i don't want there to be any copyright violations, plus, as its meant to sort of sit there in the background, you'd probably have it muted most of the time.

P.S.: This is my program, right, so this DOESN'T violate the forums rules on posting about warez? Those rules are for anti-piracy reasons?

Edit:
I made an official topic. it's here now:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/905607-rdr2-desktop-countdown-clock-for-windows/

Edited by Cozzi
  • Like 22

That being said I'd like to see the poker system improved in single player a bit. You know with things like every saloon has a poker table but in the rich city or in a train car there are these big poker rooms full of high stakes games or on every in game Friday night there is a big tournament out on a big steam riverboat. I'd love that. That and the npcs have actual tells you can pick up on once you play with them long enough.

Yes sir! Spent countless hours playing poker on RDR.

Would love if they did something like the GWENT tournament from Witcher 3.. Poker tournament in RDR II :D

And if you win the tournament, you get a rare weapon or deed for a rare horse(something like that)

Edit: Would also love a liar's dice tournament :p

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 3

I think we will not be receiving GI coverage in March. That's because the next issue will be # 300 and they're probably going to do something commemorative, or remember the best coverage or something. I start believing we're going to get the information straight from the Rockstar or IGN.

• Like 2

August or September, not before.

GTA V got it's GI cover in December 2012 so it can happen at any given time.

Would love if they did something like the GWENT tournament from Witcher 3.. Poker tournament in RDR II :D

And if you win the tournament, you get a rare weapon or deed for a rare horse(something like that)

Liars dice was the sh*t!

I remember playing It back when RDR came out. not understanding a f*ckin thing about it. Then I got crazy good at it and started playing it online with friends when they released that update, Wed make bets with eachother.

Matter a fact that game kept me in weed money for a good while in my high school years.

Good times man. Good times.

Man,If I can look back on RDR2 as fondly as I do RDR eight years from now. R* will have done their job

Weird how certain games just stick with you that way. I mean sure the memories and laughs with friends are what I remember most but it was the atmosphere of that game that was so special and that brought us all together in the same "virtual reality"

Liars dice was the sh*t!

I remember playing It back when RDR came out. not understanding a f*ckin thing about it. Then I got crazy good at it and started playing it online with friends when they released that update, Wed make bets with eachother.

Matter a fact that game kept me in weed money for a good while in my high school years.

Man,If I can look back on RDR2 as fondly as I do RDR eight years from now. R* will have done their job

Weird how certain games just stick with you that way. I mean sure the memories and laughs with friends are what I remember most but it was the atmosphere of that game that was so special and that brought us all together in the same "virtual reality"

Thats funny I always played alone and i have a deep affection for it but in the completely opposite way you do. lol. i feel that way about san andreas though. those little two-player blips hidden around the map and then you just go driving around shooting stuff.

• Like 1

Liars dice was the sh*t!

Thats funny I always played alone and i have a deep affection for it but in the completely opposite way you do. lol. i feel that way about san andreas though. those little two-player blips hidden around the map and then you just go driving around shooting stuff.

HAHA I totally forgot SA had 2 player.

Don't get me wrong. I've played over a 1000 hours of RDR and most of that was in single player. So I totally get where your coming from also.

I just think it has a lot to do with how old you are when you play "that" game whether it's max Payne GTA red dead or anything else. That one game that kinda changes you as a person. I was 16 when RDR came out and at that time I had a lot of really dark sh*t going on in my life and I was trying to find my way in life as my own person ya know? I had just gotten my drivers license and was actually starting to feel like my own man for the first time. Then John marston came along and a lot of his philosophy on people really sunk in to me at the time.

Ironic. Because one of my favorite quotes is your forum signature about the cattle.

I don't know if it's a good thing to say that you learned some of the moral standpoints you have still to this day from a video game character. But being I didn't really have much family at the time I did.

Good or bad John marston played a pivotal role in making me the man I am today. And that's why RDR is special.

Sure I had countless great times online with my old friends that I'll never forget. Many a late night staying up getting blazed and playing grab the bag. But over all it was the story and character of John, and the time at which. He came into my life that changed it forever.

Edited by Synthetic_Soul

I think we will not be receiving GI coverage in March. That's because the next issue will be # 300 and they're probably going to do something commemorative, or remember the best coverage or something. I start believing we're going to get the information straight from the Rockstar or IGN.

What better co-attraction to have for issue 300 than an in depth story article of rdr2. That would be beautiful!

But you're probably right though..I can't shake this feeling that R* will give us no rain for a long time again..Probably some drought bullsh*t until April at the earliest.