2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

I pray every day that Rockstar will not become a company of only two franchises, even if they take years to do another GTA or RDR, this will become tiring over time.

I mean R * has so many incredible titles that it could bring back that gap between a new GTA.

A Bully 2 needs to happen, a Manhunt 3 would be welcome to complete a trilogy, a new IP as Agent could be reborn and why not a Table Tennis 2?

It would be cool if they rebooted Manhunt. Not like a third game in a trilogy but a new stand alone title like Redemption which contains similar themes and elements but is otherwise separate from the previous two titles. Even if they leased out the IP to another studio. To me Bully is a game that belongs in the past like Beaterator or State of Emergency.
  • Like 3

I hope going forward Take-Two cut that Royality crap, lol funny how they pay two brothers a lot for the franchises they own. And if they exit replace them with execs from Sony's Guerilla or Zenimax's Bethesda.

Edited by BLOOD
TheOriginalGunslinger

I'm expecting a lot of bugs and glitches for online the day it launches. It happened when GTA online launched and probably will for Red Dead online for like a couple days it will be a nightmare.

At least I hope they learned how to handle a cloud-based multiplayer system so people don't catastrophically lose all their progress a few days in like GTA Online.That happened to me day 1 of GTA Online. It's weird though because everyone mostly spawned up near the Vinewood sign (the tutorial) was somehow bypassed at first.

I agree though. This time around (and especially due to this second delay which is time to really get in there) that I'm sure Rockstar are trying to not make that happen again and will try to get a steady smooth experience day 1 of multiplayer (hopefully) as well.

Edited by Dexter_Morgan
  • Like 1

By the way,this better not be the case in RDR2.Also please no ''honor meter'' or some sh8t,let me destroy people and love it.

giphy.gif

I have no problem with an honor meter, as long as the story is written in a way where it makes sense regardless of whether or not I'm good or evil, my problem with RDRs honor system is it didn't really make sense given johns story.

Now if we can play Arthur as either a cold hearted badass or an honor-bound Robin Hood, is love that for replay value.

Also I agree on the wanted system, GTAVs was absolute garbage. I hope they bring back the ability to surrender. It was almost impossible to get arrested in V they'd rather shoot you. I'd be happy with a newer more fleshed out version of RDRs wanted system. I loved that you could lose the cops and they could still find you later on. I hope that returns in a big way. I'd love to be hiding out in the woods after a big heist, always on edge because a bounty hunter could be around any corner.

Again, this is Red Dead. Not GTA. :panic:

Lies! This is GTA wild west I'm going to take my horse to pay n spray and lose the cops! Edited by Zello
  • Like 3

Again, this is Red Dead. Not GTA. :panic:

Lies! This is GTA wild west I'm going to take my horse to pay n spray and lose the cops!

Grand Theft Stagecoach

Edited by INFERNO E100
  • Like 2

Honestly that very plausible leak that just came out is enough info for me.

Let's talk again when the drought kicks in and half of the forum is nearing heart conditions again :D

Edited by SuperKitsune

I agree Holland. I am still very skeptical of that leak. Some of the info is skethcy. It is also possible that it is out of date

Just curious, what makes "some of the info sketchy? Everything makes sense except the tents in my opinion.

Also if the info is out of date then would the images be out of date as well?

Personally I think everything is real and unfortunately I think the source just didn't describe the info very well. Sounds like they were taking notes off of what they were given, either way I expect Rockstar to release this info soon probably in a gameinformer cover or IGN first access and they will do a much better job describing the gameplay, open world and features.

• Like 2

This lamp in Arthur's hand. I think this is going to be an item on the guns wheel, something that would help a great deal mainly to look for items at night where the moon can not light or a place without electric light.

red_dead_redemption_2_screencap_11_bayou

Maybe the tents are not the only properties we'll be able to buy and customize. Perhaps they are just the most customizable. How many main story missions do you all think the game will have approximately?

• Like 1

I agree Holland. I am still very skeptical of that leak. Some of the info is skethcy. It is also possible that it is out of date

Just curious, what makes "some of the info sketchy? Everything makes sense except the tents in my opinion.

Personally I think everything is real and unfortunately I think the source just didn't describe the info very well. Sounds like they were taking notes off of what they were given, either way I expect Rockstar to release this info soon probably in a gameinformer cover or IGN first access and they will do a much better job describing the gameplay, open world and features.

I agree with you both. While I personally think a good amount of the info seems legit, there are some things that make me question the accuracy of the reporting. First off, while it's possible, I highly doubt that New Austin will included in the map. The lack of the P.U. Railroad in West Elizabeth suggests that a majority of New Austin would lack the primary mode of fast transportation in RDR. Secondly, the fact that they just say 'Ridgewood' instead of 'Ridgewood Farm'(which isn't even a prominent location), is a sign that they are either leaving out details, or inaccurate. Finally, in the vehicles section, they don't mention boats once. I'm almost certain that R* will at the very least have canoes(seen in trailer 1), and probably even more vessels to operate, given the amount of water within the world boundaries. If they have boats only as an inoperable mode of fast travel, then why include the penitentiary in the borders where it's accessible? I think what we've got is a combination of leaving out information, and mistakes in reporting.

Edited by zachsterosu

I saw your video, and I know you think everything in that article was correct, but something seems fishy about it to me. The screenshots are undeniable proof that they had some kind of leak, but I'm highly skeptical of the rest of the claims in that article. For one, the mention of Armidillo and Ridgewood really threw me for a loop. The leaked map (which has been proven to be basically true) doesn't include New Austin at all. And I also can't wrap my head around why we would be going back to the old map. Maybe they remastered it for online?

Whoever wrote they article was clearly unfamiliar with Red Dead, as they just dropped the Armidillo thing without even mentioning New Austin or the fact that it existed in the first game. I also find it very suspect that they've had this info for so long and just sat on it. Especially after the second trailer, which should've verified that the screenshots were real. And those screenshots could be from an earlier build as well, the character model for Arthur looks slightly different to me. I'd rather remain skeptical of unverified claims than get fooled I guess.

• Like 2

This lamp in Arthur's hand. I think this is going to be an item on the guns wheel, something that would help a great deal mainly to look for items at night where the moon can not light or a place without electric light.

I really hope it is, I love when games give the player a light source like that. Dunno if any if you guys played the Sea of Thieves beta but you could pull out a lantern, turn it on and off and raise it up higher to your face and it was a really cool little thing to have, and pretty useful in a world with not much natural lighting.

• Like 3

I agree with you both. While I personally think a good amount of the info seems legit, there are some things that make me question the accuracy of the reporting. First off, while it's possible, I highly doubt that New Austin will included in the map. The lack of the P.U. Railroad in West Elizabeth suggests that a majority of New Austin would lack the primary mode of fast transportation in RDR. Secondly, the fact that they just say "Ridgewood" instead of "Ridgewood Farm"(which isn't even a prominent location), is a sign that they are either leaving out details, or inaccurate. Finally, in the vehicles section, they don't mention boats once. I'm almost certain that R* will at the very least have canoes(seen in trailer 1), and probably even more vessels to operate, given the amount of water within the world boundaries. If they have boats only as an inoperable mode of fast travel, then why include the penitentiary in the borders where it's accessible? I think what we've got is a combination of leaving out information, and mistakes in reporting.

It's also possible that 'Armidillo' and 'Ridgewood' are just placeholder names for locations on the new map. They might've just reused the names from RDR

• Like 2

I made some more stereoviews, and put them in my stereo photo wishlist post, about 90 pages back.

Here's one:

VSAeWnh.png

I hope they have this as a game photo option. Given the current virtual reality 3D fad, it seems like an suitable idea. People could view these stereo slides on their phone, with a Google Cardboard mount, or equivalent.

• Like 5

I think R* is waiting for this thread to reach page 1000 to release info 22 more pages to go!

Plot twist: They're waiting for page 2000.

• Like 2

Pretty far out theory, but could this guy's name be Lucky?

dZZo46ah.png

tbyA38Ah.png

Arthur's holster is empty, and we see this guy with him later in the swamp. I think they're old friends, and when they first meet each other, they fight because of some past beef or something. It would be similar to the strained relationship Michael and Trevor have throughout GTA V. Many of us in the mapping section believe that this town is Valentine, and if this is indeed their first interaction in the game, it isn't completely out of the blue to think that maybe this guy lives close by.

6pDOR81h.png

As you can see, there is a location known as 'Lucky's Cabin' right next to the town, and this dude definitely looks Irish. Thoughts?

Edited by zachsterosu

6pDOR81h.png

If you darken the image and focus center left, that looks to be a grouping of buildings with a dirt road running left to right. On the map that area seems to be Downes Ranch. Definitely spaced out enough to be a big personal ranch or a small MacFarlane type ranch

Also, the more I try to track the river bend that goes behind the mountain to the left the more I feel like theyve changed it a bit, the map makes it seem pretty obvious. In the trailer its much harder to see. Could also just be perspective

Edited by SeniorDerp
  • Like 1