1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

Take-Two [one of their publishing labels] will blow away E3 this year.

RDR2 showing up in E3 will be insane!

Did they say that they will be there? Because as far as I know they dont attend E3

I'm expecting a lot of bugs and glitches for online the day it launches. It happened when GTA online launched and probably will for Red Dead online for like a couple days it will be a nightmare.

if that happens i wont even care because I'm just going to enjoy SP until it gets fixed lmao

Me, I'm gonna log in and create a character the day Online launches expecting massive connectivity issues followed by Rockstar giving all registered users free money/items as an apology.

Did they say that they will be there? Because as far as I know they dont attend E3

I think BLOOD confuses "will" and "would".

• Like 4

Take 2 is confirmed to be there. Remember though they own 2K and Rockstar so they could just show up with NBA and WWE.

Or, given RDR2 is going to be their biggest release this year, they could go all out like they did for Mafia 3. We'll have a better idea when the E3 floor plans release.

• Like 1

I thought about the upcoming news again. We already talked about Rockstar... "In the coming weeks" could mean a lot. But I think they'll stick to their word when they say "a lot more information". And In the end it all comes down to the GI cover if you ask me. What else? Another trailer? More screenshots? Nah! The December cover story for GTA V came out early November 2012. At that time the game was slated for a Spring release. Most likely May. So about 6 months before the release of the game (and even 10 months before the final September release). I think R* will do the same with RDR2 and the GI cover story. So 6 months before October 26th (late April) is probably a good guess (+/- 1 month). So there are 3 months possible imo:

If we're very lucky: April cover - release early March (7,5 months before RDR2's release)

Most likely imo: May cover - release early April (6,5 months before RDR2's release)

At the latest: June cover - release early May (5,5 months before RDR2's release)

What? "Another trailer.." You say it like it's a bad thing :D

I thought about the upcoming news again. We already talked about Rockstar... "In the coming weeks" could mean a lot. But I think they'll stick to their word when they say "a lot more information". And In the end it all comes down to the GI cover if you ask me. What else? Another trailer? More screenshots? Nah! The December cover story for GTA V came out early November 2012. At that time the game was slated for a Spring release. Most likely May. So about 6 months before the release of the game (and even 10 months before the final September release). I think R* will do the same with RDR2 and the GI cover story. So 6 months before October 26th (late April) is probably a good guess (+/- 1 month). So there are 3 months possible imo:

If we're very lucky: April cover - release early March (7,5 months before RDR2's release)

Most likely imo: May cover - release early April (6,5 months before RDR2's release)

At the latest: June cover - release early May (5,5 months before RDR2's release)

yeah. especially if its a gameplay trailer, or one with john in it, that'll probably satiate me.

• Like 1

Is Rockstar games already talking to new informations about a game " in the coming weeks" in the past ?

I'm sorry for my bad english

In the coming weeks can mean 1 month or more knowing Rockstar.

Or 9...

"We are really excited to bring you more details about the game this summer."

***Waits to the very last day of summer to announce a reveal coming a week later***

Yeah this is just one of many examples with Rockstar, at best sometime in March we'll hear something....at best...

Edited by LegacyKillaHD

Oh no, don't get me wrong, not at all! But a lot more just sounds like a GI cover story imo. A trailer would be awesome of course, but I think it's really time that we get some specific gameplay Information in the form of an in-depth magazine preview.
  • Like 3

When R * announced the new versions of L.A Noire last September they used the term "In the coming weeks" to divulge more details. These new details only arrived in late October with a trailer of the game (October 26).

I think at some point in March we'll get some RDR2.

• Like 1

A trailer would be awesome of course

Is it wrong of me to expect a series of trailers like they did with the original one? I loved these.

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 2

Is it wrong of me to expect a series of trailers like they did with the original one? I loved these.

I would also like a series of gameplay, but I think we will have only one video showing everything in the game (just like they did in GTAV).

I think RDR had several videos because R * wanted to show that the game was something completely new and more ambitious than Revolver.

• Like 7

I wouldn't expect these until the last 2-4 months before release. I'm praying they bless us with gameplay next, but it's unlikely considering how we're still a ways from release.

Edited by Holland_Hicks

I wouldn't expect these until the last 2-4 months before release. I'm praying they bless us with gameplay next, but it's unlikely considering how we're still a ways from release.

99.9% sure that the next info will be a GI cover.

• Like 1

99.9% sure that the next info will be a GI cover.

I agree, that or an IGN preview.

After all, what other great game could be the cover? What do we have at the end of the year besides Metro Exodus? Until E3 arrives we do not have as many AAA arriving in the fall apart from RDR2 and Metro.

How many people actually believe R* when they say "the coming weeks?" I know we've been burnt before, but I think I actually believe them this time. I feel pretty good about early-mid March.

• Like 3

How many people actually believe R* when they say "the coming weeks?" I know we've been burnt before, but I think I actually believe them this time. I feel pretty good about early-mid March.

A month is about four and a half weeks, so ... I believe in Rockstar.

After all, what other great game could be the cover? What do we have at the end of the year besides Metro Exodus? Until E3 arrives we do not have as many AAA arriving in the fall apart from RDR2 and Metro.

Theres still quite a few games coming still that are expected to arrive this year. Days Gone and Spider-Man are expected to get a release date soon and both are fairly anticipated games. Spider-Man especially.

• Like 2

-snip-

I don't think it's wrong to expect that at all. I expect some sort of series at least.

Theres still quite a few games coming still that are expected to arrive this year. Days Gone and Spider-Man are expected to get a release date soon and both are fairly anticipated games. Spider-Man especially.

I know! Man this is gonna be a great year for gaming but a tough one for my wallet. I'm still hoping Spider-Man and days gone get dates for the spring/summer (which at this point I highly doubt) because I am equally hyped to play both games. they look f*ckin amazing. But if they get released during the same time frame of RDR2 and I can only choose to play one right away, after eight years of waiting its gonna be RDR2 hands down. Then I'll move on to the others later on.

Which is why I'm sure every major dev that had a game out this fall (announced or not) is sh*tting major bricks since R* made their announcement.

I know! Man this is gonna be a great year for gaming but a tough one for my wallet. I'm still hoping Spider-Man and days gone get dates for the spring/summer (which at this point I highly doubt) because I am equally hyped to play both games. they look f*ckin amazing. But if they get released during the same time frame of RDR2 and I can only choose to play one right away, after eight years of waiting its gonna be RDR2 hands down. Then I'll move on to the others later on.

Which is why I'm sure every major dev that had a game out this fall (announced or not) is sh*tting major bricks since R* made their announcement.

Yeah, 2018 is looking like one of the best years in gaming in recent history. I'm pretty sure Spider-Man is coming out in Summer. A Marvel employee said he's sure he'll be fired if Spider-Man comes out near Red Dead Redemption 2 (He's actually a fan too). Shawn Layden said that all of their games planned for 2018 are going to be released in the first half of the year, so there's that too. On a side note: I can NOT wait for this year's E3. It's going to be amazing.

Edited by DisCrafted
  • Like 1

Yeah, 2018 is looking like one of the best years in gaming in recent history. I'm pretty sure Spider-Man is coming out in Summer. A Marvel employee said he's sure he'll be fired if Spider-Man comes out near RDR2 (He's actually a fan too). Shawn Layden said that all of their games planned for 2018 are going to be released in the first half of the year, so there's that too. On a side note: I can NOT wait for this year's E3. It's going to be amazing.

Hmm that's interesting. I have to admit as hyped as I am for Spider-Man and days gone (partly the reason why Im buying a ps4 this year.) RDR2 is the only game where I'm following the development super-closely.

Actually I think it's the only game I've ever followed this close usually I'll just see a trailer for a new game hear the release date and that's it. So I didn't know any of that info with the marvel employee and Shawn layden. So thanks! Appreciate it.

That's pretty hilarious that a marvel employee actually said that.

It just goes to show what kind of impact Rockstar has on the market when releasing a new title.

Pretty crazy when you think about it.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

E3 this year should be great, Spider-Man PS4, Ghost of Tsushima, Days gone, hopefully TLOU2. Is Days Gone suppose to release this year tho? Sony has so many games coming out it ridiculous. Xbox really needs to go for the gusto in terms of games or I'm giving up on Xbox.

E3 this year should be great, Spider-Man PS4, Ghost of Tsushima, Days gone, hopefully TLOU2. Is Days Gone suppose to release this year tho? Sony has so many games coming out it ridiculous. Xbox really needs to go for the gusto in terms of games or I'm giving up on Xbox.

No worries about TLoU PII. Neil said it's going to be at E3 with Gameplay a couple of months ago during their PSX Panel. Yeah, Days Gone is planned for 2018.

Edited by DisCrafted

DexMacLeod: Thanks man.

2K unlike sister company R* is always at every game convention [except for last year]. Their owner and parent company Take-Two was just there last year. Anyhow, I have a feeling Ghost Story [formerly Irrational Games] will have a new game out as well.

Note: If I am rich Justia will be one of those entities I will buy https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/take-two-interactive-software-inc-441215/

Edited by BLOOD

I would also like a series of gameplay, but I think we will have only one video showing everything in the game (just like they did in GTAV).

I think RDR had several videos because R * wanted to show that the game was something completely new and more ambitious than Revolver.

We're all going to be not surprised when the next trailer is a breathless, hyped-up, high pressure sales pitch for all the amazing PvP modes in Red Dead Online. Rockstar probably figures they've given us enough story footage already.