Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Howdy outlaws!

Sorry to change the topic but, I wanna ask something to everyone.
Wanna ask if you would like to see different perks for different outfits return and if so, got any specific perks in mind? :)

For example.. Lets say if you're wearing a certain outfit, the chances of you falling from your horse are lower.

Lemoyne outlaw

Howdy outlaws!

Sorry to change the topic but, I wanna ask something to everyone.

Wanna ask if you would like to see different perks for different outfits return and if so, got any specific perks in mind? :)

For example.. Lets say if you're wearing a certain outfit, the chances of you falling from your horse are lower.

sure i wouldent mind this. as long as there are ways to buy clothes at stores. i hated how the only way to have different clothes on. you had to do a bunch of challenges. sure you can have rare and unique outfits only earned by challenges. but we should also be able to have easy access to regular clothing.

Most likely there will be a skill chain system like in GTA V. You probably will unlock different outfits based on skills you master (sharpshooting, horse riding, etc.). I think the outfits will be unlocked as the story progresses and are available in a store. I would like to see unique outfits for a specific area of the map. Like a tailored suit in a major town or a outlaw outfit in a known gang area.

I think that skills-based outfits are great, but most of all I want to be able to combine everything. Every shirt, with every pair of pants and every hat ... will that be possible?

In RDR I liked the outfit of Bollard Gang with the chaps and the deep red bandana.

But somehow that was always unsuitable when I played Marston as the good guy and chased their gang for bounty. It wasn´t even useful for camouflage ... they still shot at me even if I was still far away D:

It would be great if you could take the sheriff star after you've killed him ... like in Godless ... oh yes that would be sick :devil:

Edited by Yelda

Most likely there will be a skill chain system like in GTA

I highly doubt that. Red Dead is a grounded, serious toned game. I don't think things like "Sex Appeal" are going to be in unfortunately. :lol:

TheOriginalGunslinger

I wouldn't mind skills in some sense but this game doesn't have to be a carbon copy of GTA V. I mean I'm not bashing the idea because I could actually see skills increasing/decreasing for hunting, shooting, et cetera...

I'm going to pull a "greenrock" here (love you greenrock) but does anyone take Arthur as a smoker? I could see Arthur lighting a match with his thumb and firing up a cigar.

Edited by Dexter_Morgan

does anyone take Arthur as a smoker?

He most likely is it was really common back then. John was a smoker so I could see it with Arthur. Gang life is rough. I would need a smoke if I had lawmen from three different states after me.

• Like 3

does anyone take Arthur as a smoker?

He most likely is it was really common back then. John was a smoker so I could see it with Arthur. Gang life is rough. I would need a smoke if I had lawmen from three different states after me.

Well..I can't really see Dutch's gang advocating a healthy lifestyle, so take it as 75% yes :D

• Like 3

Hey fellas. It's been two weeks since i was here. A lot of sh*t happend during this time. Had a hard time and the next weeks/month won't be better for me... Anyway, i'm happy to be back with you fools and f*cking finally we got some real stuff to talk about :) Hope everybody's fine.

• Like 4

Valentine day is always boring for me, lucky I am working this year. Now it will be great for any thing from R*/TTWO that day.

I think that during the night in the city only the hotels, saloons and general stores will be working. And the streets completely deserted with only a few rats, cats and mangy dogs.

Edited by Hugoat
  • Like 3

I think that during the night in the city only the hotels, saloons and general stores will be working. And the streets completely deserted with only a few rats, cats and mangy dogs.

And all the shady people start roaming the streets. I want towns to actually be more dangerous at night.

Edited by SuperKitsune

And all the shady people start roaming the streets. I want towns to actually be more dangerous at night.

Same here. It would definitely make it feel more immersive than any past Rockstar title.

• Like 2

Makes me think actually, how many games actually have dangerous towns? Countless RPG's and stuff have been like "careful going to [x town], it's full of dangerous people" but then you get there and no one so much as looks at you funny. It'd be really cool if a dev actually did it properly, towns and settlements having their own unique feeling beyond simply visuals is something I'd love to see in general.

• Like 6

Rockstar Vienna

It wasn't anything special but I really liked the nightwatch missions with Charlie and the other dogs.

• Like 3

TheOriginalGunslinger

Makes me think actually, how many games actually have dangerous towns? Countless RPG's and stuff have been like "careful going to [x town], it's full of dangerous people" but then you get there and no one so much as looks at you funny. It'd be really cool if a dev actually did it properly, towns and settlements having their own unique feeling beyond simply visuals is something I'd love to see in general.

GTA III and GTA: San Andreas are the only games I can think of that have some hostile territories. You would get harassed constantly by either the Triads or Leone Family in Portland later in the game and in San Andreas various gangs would talk sh*t and sometimes (not always) would try to be pretty lethal.

You aren't the only one thinking that. It certainly has crossed my mind at times.

Another subject but whatever happened to Rufus? :(

Edited by Dexter_Morgan
  • Like 1

@Jason Yeah I agree, it definitely could use some more detailed attention. For example in rdr1 Thieves Landing was supposed to be the most notorious and shady town around.

However there was nothing extra dangerous over there I found. The only thing unique to the place was that the honor system worked differently over there.

@Dexter_Morgan Yeah but the thing is, those were gang affairs. We're talking about towns in general becoming more shady at night and attracting more unusual and dangerous crowds.

In all the other R* games with some exeptions, you can find the same type of people day and night. I would really like to see this changed.

Good question, but I don't know were Rufus went.

Edited by SuperKitsune
  • Like 2

Take 2 seem to have the same booth space as last year for E3. So no RDR2 it seems.

We get other new game titles news from one of the labels excluding R*

T R U C I D O

In Thieves Landing you get shot at by NPC's early on in the game if you go down the good guy route.. I'd say that's pretty dangerous

• Like 3

TheOriginalGunslinger

If that Poker app mini-game turns out to be true we should get a few games in with us all here every now and then if it does drop too. Should be fun! It would be cool if there is also a chat function included with it.

This October we will have been through The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in this thread. Can't wait to hop back on my horse and brush off the dust of those beautiful weapons. :)

Edited by Dexter_Morgan
  • Like 3

OfficialTissue

I hope we get some type of Big Game Hunting mode or something.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger

I hope we get some type of Big Game Hunting mode or something.

I second this.

• Like 2

This thread gets super quiet after news is released. Anyone think we'll get a RDR2 GI issue in March? Or what month do you guys think we'll get one?

• Like 2

In Thieves Landing you get shot at by NPC's early on in the game if you go down the good guy route.. I'd say that's pretty dangerous

Yeah, it seemed like 90% of the time I tried to go through Thieves Landing there'd be a guy trying to kill a prostitute and I could never just ignore it. As soon as I saved her I'd end up in a crazy shootout against the whole town. Fun times.