1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

VigMarston

Imagine the photo possiblities in Red Dead Redemption II...

Shootouts in the saloon, traveling in the wintery snow and train robberies.

It's going to be something special!

Oh my God, yes!

I played Horizon zero dawn and loved its photo mode. It would be awesome if you can change the lighting, add lens flare and all those good stuff in RDR II.

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 2
J.Dillinger Blackheart

Top of the morning, Im astonished at how f*ckin great the grass and foliage looks. Here's to this week fellas 🍻. I'm not expecting a damn thing, WHATEVER happens-happens..

• Like 5

As we approach another week of potential news, I too have been thinking of why we have heard so little about RDR2. I mean part of it, is just good old fashioned R* being R* when it comes to marketing. But what if part of the lack of marketing is due to the very nature of RDR2's story. We know it's a prequel, and features characters that we already know about from RDR back in 2010. So what if part of the reason they're so silent, is due to not being able to show much of the game without majorly spoiling it for us?

This drought is getting to me I think.

• Like 5
MostWantedMVP

Top of the morning, Im astonished at how f*ckin great the grass and foliage looks. Here's to this week fellas . I'm not expecting a damn thing, WHATEVER happens-happens..

Indeed! It's amazing how far Red Dead has come in 8 years.

I think we'll get an announcement this week.

• Like 1
SuperKitsune

As we approach another week of potential news, I too have been thinking of why we have heard so little about RDR2. I mean part of it, is just good old fashioned R* being R* when it comes to marketing. But what if part of the lack of marketing is due to the very nature of RDR2's story. We know it's a prequel, and features characters that we already know about from RDR back in 2010. So what if part of the reason they're so silent, is due to not being able to show much of the game without majorly spoiling it for us?

I was thinking the same thing at some point. I mean the game is already the most anticipated of 2018. They don't need to do mass marketing for rdr2. Maybe they just want to keep us guessing and blow us away when the game hits the shelves.

Still no excuse for this mass hysteria though :D

• Like 1
J.Dillinger Blackheart

"not expecting a damn thing"

Are you sure Mr.Blackheart? :lol:

As sure as stink on sh*t son lol! I mean..i hope we get something, I dont "expect" a damn thing. Like I said, WHATEVER happens, happens. I can wait if need be.
  • Like 3
VigMarston

"not expecting a damn thing"

Are you sure Mr.Blackheart? :lol:

As sure as stink on sh*t son lol! I mean..i hope we get something, I dont "expect" a damn thing. Like I said, WHATEVER happens, happens. I can wait if need be.

I hope none of us have to wait anymore partner.

Holland_Hicks

I like how on their most recent tweet someone said "Your next tweet better be about Red Dead Redemption 2." :lol:

THE PEOPLE ARE READY FOR SOMETHING NEW ROCKSTAR!

• Like 4
Synthetic_Soul

I mean yeah that makes sense in the way of not wanting to spoil the story line of a prequel. That's all well and good. Still though. It doesn't account for the lack of anything, surely there are other things that they could show off in screen shots and trailers that won't spoil the game.

That being said, we can account for that like you said by saying "is R* being R*"

No master what you have to admit the lack of info is on some level 11 stranger things sh*t.

• Like 4
SuperKitsune

I like how on their most recent tweet someone said "Your next tweet better be about Red Dead Redemption 2." :lol:

THE PEOPLE ARE READY FOR SOMETHING NEW ROCKSTAR!

That's like a threat in a nice way :D

• Like 1

Doesn't every NPC in RDR have a name? I always thought that was a really cool detail. Hopefully they bring it back in RDR II.

• Like 1
J.Dillinger Blackheart

Lol as being a R* fan that is 1 thing you will hear all the time "the lack of info" this is R* at its finest. We just had to hunt for a "RDR2" gun we get in game only last month. It's not info about the game but to me it's showing you the mechanics of the guns. In the West, there are 2 types of guns (Double action) revolvers and (Single Action) revolvers. Reason why i think another treasure hunt is possible but that's besides the point. I don't think we have nothing to worry about yet.

Doesn't every NPC in RDR have a name? I always thought that was a really cool detail. Hopefully they bring it back in RDR II.

I'm Herbert Mooooooon!

• Like 1
Synthetic_Soul

. I don't think we have nothing to worry about yet.

But....but...wait..isn't that a double negative?

Then that means we have plenty to worry about! oh god no...someone sound the alarm!

Jk man I know what you meant :p

• Like 1
VigMarston

Kinda difficult to guess wat R* will do.. But, something tells me Tuesday will be the day.

Edit: Lol.. I read it wrong as well. Anyway, I still think Tuesday we'll get something :r*:

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 2
J.Dillinger Blackheart

Thursday or friday

Why do you think those are least likely? Oh nvm bro, I thought u said which day is most likely.
  • Like 1
Hunter S. Compton

I would absolutely f*cking LOVE A PHOTO MODE but I wish there were some way to integrate into into the game world like they gdid in GTA V with the phone: that was a stroke of genius: it’s not like the game is gonna make you set up an old time camera, that’s ridiculous. It’ll probably just be in some kind of sub menu. Something else: you know how the phone like pulled up in front of you or you were actually looking at it if it was first person mode? That’s how I’d like the map to work in this game, similar to something like Firewatch (bad) or far cry 2 (good). Of course those games are first person anyway, which begs the question again of whether or not y’all think this game will have first person mode or not. I’m not really sure to be honest. It worked great in GTA.... but for some reason I’m not sure about it here

• Like 2
J.Dillinger Blackheart

Wow I had no idea about NPCs names, that is dope af.

Edited by J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • Like 1
VigMarston

I would absolutely f*cking LOVE A PHOTO MODE but I wish there were some way to integrate into into the game world like they gdid in GTA V with the phone: that was a stroke of genius: it’s not like the game is gonna make you set up an old time camera, that’s ridiculous. It’ll probably just be in some kind of sub menu. Something else: you know how the phone like pulled up in front of you or you were actually looking at it if it was first person mode? That’s how I’d like the map to work in this game, similar to something like Firewatch (bad) or far cry 2 (good). Of course those games are first person anyway, which begs the question again of whether or not y’all think this game will have first person mode or not. I’m not really sure to be honest. It worked great in GTA.... but for some reason I’m not sure about it here

They don't have to overthink it. Just add a photo mode option in the start menu and we can just customize our photos.

And speaking of First person, thats up to them. They can add it during launch or later by updates or something.

• Like 1
Hunter S. Compton

Yeah if anything I would probably expect it after launch, given how many new animations it would require.

ALso brb I now have to change My social club name to “Orpheus Billingsley”

VigMarston

Well, starting from tomorrow it's back to waiting and speculating then :r*:

Please don't remind me. This news drought has already sucked 2 to 3 years of my lifespan.

• Like 2
  • uNi locked and unlocked this topic
  • uNi locked this topic
  • uNi unpinned this topic
  • uNi unlocked and pinned this topic
  • uNi locked and unpinned this topic