1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

4:30 p.m. today

Mark my words 8)

Which time zone are you in, cowboy?
CET Yaahh

That means three more hours. Does R* always post around this time?

Actually, if next week will have any sort of news, today we should get some sort of teaser.

Agreed

• Like 1

Mark my words 8)

Which time zone are you in, cowboy?
CET YaahhThat means three more hours. Does R* always post around this time?

Actually, if next week will have any sort of news, today we should get some sort of teaser.

Agreed

I believe the last time they did

Oh look....It's another false hope Thursday.

Oh lok..... Another pessimist

Trust me, I really hope we get info today. I just think next week is more likely. I would LOVE to be proved wrong, though.

• Like 1

Mark my words 8)

Joah ... that fits well. At this time I'm almost done with work.

I drive back home and jump out of my business clothes in my jeans. Then I drive to the stable and take care of my horse Doc.

And finally, when I get home in the evening and look at my tablet ... tada ... there's news from Rockstars. I would be so happy and the whole forum here freaks out :panic:

But I think i should wake up ... that's too good to be true. That annoys me somehow, although I'm still relaxed about the release date and this spooky silence.

Edited by Yelda
  • Like 1
Tall Trees Sasquatch

Trailer teased today.

1 Week later the trailer releases, we get a gameplay trailer much like the ones for Redemption with a voice over telling us a bit about the story and the new mechanics Rockstar have implemented and the benefits of an improved RAGE engine for the current gen consoles.........we're all having a rootin tootin good time the game looks awesome! Trailer ends with "FALL 2018"......

How would you feel?

• Like 1

Trailer teased today.

1 Week later the trailer releases, we get a gameplay trailer much like the ones for Redemption with a voice over telling us a bit about the story and the new mechanics Rockstar have implemented and the benefits of an improved RAGE engine for the current gen consoles.........we're all having a rootin tootin good time the game looks awesome! Trailer ends with "FALL 2018"......

How would you feel?

It would be a bittersweet feeling, let me tell you that much.

Believe me, if it is the date there will be no provocation.

Explain further, please.I do not think R * would make a trailer just for that (I might be wrong, I hope) is usually a newswire post like: "Here's the date and f*ck it".
  • Like 2

Trailer teased today.

How would you feel?

I'd be fine with this. I'll accept some extra time to polish the game if some info comes with it to soften the disappointment of waiting longer.

• Like 1

Does anybody now how to chance one's member title? It says my member title is "rat" xD

Yep it's easy, just click on your user name at the top right of the page, click "my profile" then right above your picture you should see a button that says "edit my profile" click that and you can change a whole buncha sh*t including member titles.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I dreamed of some RDR2 screenshots. One of them showed Arthur looking at the landscape on the ranch and another showed Arthur in his black coat but without the bandana on his face.

• Like 2

Maybe some of you will find this interesting...

★ Red Dead Redemption 2
- Weapons, Props, Environments and Fragmentation.
- Performance and memory optimization.
- Photogrammetry R&D
- FACS scanning and processing

I take it that R* didn't use photogrammetry in one of their games before. For those who don't know what it's, read below.

Photogrammetry is the process of pulling visual data from an array of photographs for the purpose of generating fully textured high poly models. This is a tool used in many different industries such as map making, archaeology, and cinema.

Only recently has this process begun to creep into the video game industry, with the most notable example to date being EA's Star Wars: BattleFront.

Photogrammetry has significantly raised the quality level people expect out of their games, and will become much more of a standard practice in the years to come. This technique is about to really catch fire!

• Like 11

★ Red Dead Redemption 2

- Photogrammetry R&D

I take it that R* didn't use photogrammetry in one of their games before. For those who don't know what it's, read below.

Photogrammetry is the process of pulling visual data from an array of photographs for the purpose of generating fully textured high poly models. This is a tool used in many different industries such as map making, archaeology, and cinema.

Only recently has this process begun to creep into the video game industry, with the most notable example to date being EA's Star Wars: BattleFront.

Photogrammetry has significantly raised the quality level people expect out of their games, and will become much more of a standard practice in the years to come. This technique is about to really catch fire!

Very cool indeed! If it does look as good as SWB I would be happy :)

★ Red Dead Redemption 2

- Photogrammetry R&D

This is Amazing!
  • Like 1

Does anybody now how to chance one's member title? It says my member title is "rat" xD

Yep it's easy, just click on your user name at the top right of the page, click "my profile" then right above your picture you should see a button that says "edit my profile" click that and you can change a whole buncha sh*t including member titles.

Hope this helps.

I can't find it, but i'm on mobile, does that matter?

Hunter S. Compton

Watched a Western from 2011 called Meeks Cutoff last night (on Netflix). It was incredibly pretty and meditative and serious and somber, and I couldnt help but think how horrible and boring the game would be if it was as hardcore. I want realism, I want immersion, but my god I want the f*cking thing to be fun! I feel like if all of you who keep asking for simulation or more extreme survival elements are forgetting that the goal of a game is to be intuitive and enjoyable. That being said the film took place in 1845, in the era of wagon trains.

Also who are the 30 guests reading this thread? Who are you people?

Edited by Hunter S. Compton
  • Like 4

Hope this helps.

I can't find it, but i'm on mobile, does that matter?

I don't know honestly, I don't think so. I'm on my IPad and I've changed mine. How far did you get? Did you get to your profile and you're having a hard time finding the edit button or what? I'll try and help ya figure it out.

• Like 1