Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

I wonder if the co-op feature in single player is still ago? It was back in 2014 but things could of obviously changed?

Rockstar also changed the logos for all their YouTube channels... except for the Polish one. Maybe they forgot the password for that channel?

It's just a bug. If you open it you'll see a new logo. Edited by Daniol

Oh boy, time for another round of exhausting hype and "In a few weeks or soTM". Can I just get into a cryo sleep or something?

don't do it man, they don't have nintendo wii in the future!

Edited by mahavishnu
  • Like 1

I like how they just have to post a stylized image of their logo, no text, no nothing- and every knows what's up.

The hype locomotive has officially left the station.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Our excitement is premature - this is Rockstar. They'll wait a year before releasing a single f*cking trailer, then another two years before the game hits shelves.

Honestly, I want to be excited, but their lackluster marketing makes it practically impossible. They make great games, but can't seem to ever actually market them, instead keeping their own fans in the dark for ridiculous amounts of time.

See you in three f*cking years, I guess*.

*Probably four, given their love of last minute delays.

• Like 2

Our excitement is premature - this is Rockstar. They'll wait a year before releasing a single f*cking trailer, then another two years before the game hits shelves.

Honestly, I want to be excited, but their lackluster marketing makes it practically impossible. They make great games, but can't seem to ever actually market them, instead keeping their own fans in the dark for ridiculous amounts of time.

We nailed it with our prediction of an October reveal, and I can tell you with confidence that you won't have to wait beyond 2017 to play the new Red Dead game.

:)

Edited by Jabalous

I think (hopefully) they'd have learned their lesson from the marketing/release of GTAV, and have kept any announcements until much later in the development cycle.

Lets not forget it's been 3 years since rockstar released any new game (not counting ports/remasters) and if the LinkedIn profiles are to be believed they could have been working on RD3 since 2011/12

All that development time, surely it's gotta be close to finished

Spring 2017 release?

Edited by TwistedMedia

"In a few weeks or soTM"

I expect an announcement this tuesday, trailer tuesday or wednesday next week and then one whole year without info about the game.

Another 2 year wait is something I don't want to experience again. :panic::panic:

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic only because they've been so silent for so long that it looks like their tactics have changed somewhat compared to the GTA V pre-release timeline, so that they only announce things when they are actually ready.

Plus they've had some poor soul change all their avatars, backgrounds and banners to the red/black theme, it sure looks like marketing is ready to go this time as well. There will probably be an official statement within the next few days.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Tuesdays is usually news days, so 48 hours for teasing seems feasible.

MOaRJRr.jpg

Trailer date announcement tomorrow. Trailer on Sunday with The Walking Dead. Full PR/Screens/Artwork the following Monday.

That's my bet. lol

Rockstar Vienna

Don't have any words right now. :inlove: But i wanna greet all my friends from the speculation threat. Good times! We finally made it!

I think (hopefully) they'd have learned their lesson from the marketing/release of GTAV, and have kept any announcements until much later in the development cycle.

I dearly hope that this is the reason they've been quiet for so long.

• Like 2

signature.png

I'm cautiously optimistic only because they've been so silent for so long that it looks like their tactics have changed somewhat compared to the GTA V pre-release timeline, so that they only announce things when they are actually ready.

Plus they've had some poor soul change all their avatars, backgrounds and banners to the red/black theme, it sure looks like marketing is ready to go this time as well. There will probably be an official statement within the next few days.

I really hope you're right. But sadly, after San Andreas, they just stopped marketing their games.

Just look at the wealth of tie-in websites for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas - and compare that to their modern tactic of taking years to do anything, never telling their fans anything, and pretty much sailing by on their reputation.

They might well be the best developer out there right now, in terms of the quality of their games, but when it comes to actual interaction with their fans, they lost their passion YEARS ago.

But, as I say, I hope I'm wrong.

Legomanarthur

Oh boy it's gonna be 2011 all over again, I love it!

fJEUkTi.png

Rockstar also changed the logos for all their YouTube channels... except for the Polish one. Maybe they forgot the password for that channel?

It's just a bug. If you open it you'll see a new logo.

Its probably just a bug, I still see the same thing though:

6LiQV9Q.png

... so I think that they'll just drop the reveal trailer on Tuesday with the release window ... Spring 2017!

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm so excited, it's been five years since they last announced a new game (not counting remasters, etc.)

I really hope you're right. But sadly, after San Andreas, they just stopped marketing their games.

Just look at the wealth of tie-in websites for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas - and compare that to their modern tactic of taking years to do anything, never telling their fans anything, and pretty much sailing by on their reputation.

They might well be the best developer out there right now, in terms of the quality of their games, but when it comes to actual interaction with their fans, they lost their passion YEARS ago.

But, as I say, I hope I'm wrong.

I think the main thing to remember is that the 3D era of gta games came out at a time when information wasn't as easily accessible, sure the Internet was around but (at least in my case) I was still buying PlayStation magazines to get my fix of game info. More work had to be done to reach your audience

Fast forward to 2016 and you've only got to upload your logo in a different colour and the Internet goes wild.

Rockstar have always been secretive and used the "less is more" approach, and I think we live in a time where the use of viral marketing, speculation and word of mouth is far more powerful than an overly in your face push from the company themselves

Also, can you imagine if this turned out to be Agent? I think there would be a lot of disappointment lol

Edited by TwistedMedia

Speaking of viral marketing, I do wonder if we'll have a parody Twitter account like the Epsilon one. That was really effective to get people going.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

EDIT: ^ posted already lol, late by a minute :(

Edited by jedijosh920
  • Like 1

HaythamKenway

For all the (deserved) bad reputation Bethesda got in the last few years, R* should really take notes from their playbook when it comes to promoting games.

Look at F4. An announcement with a trailer, a sizable demo couple of weeks later at E3 and a release later that year. Smooth sailing with not much drama. The hype machine was still overblown, with the crowd whipped up to unreal levels of anticipation, but it wasn't nearly as egregious as GTA V's overlong campaign, starting with initial complete lack of clarity and obnoxious radio silence and then followed by a everpresent barrage of material creating an unhealthy fan frenzy leading up to the delayed release.

And the usage of V's super-vague first trailer to generate buzz for Max Payne 3 still keeps me awake at night.

• Like 1