Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Lemoyne outlaw

finally a new rockstar game! it sure has ben a very long time since a new rockstar game has been anounced. i hope that they announce it this week. i still remember how hyped i was when gta 5 was announced and then the long wait for it to be released. and sure it sucked waiting but i loved coming on here every day to see if there was any news or to disscuss it. that really helped kill time and make time go by. now im excited to do it all over again. even if we have to wait 2 years it wont be as bad because we will all be waiting together.

• Like 2

Is there anything hidden in the image ?

TezFun posted this tweet https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/787670385785446401saying cgwptlomlbnimainkh had something to do with the name ??

Apart from the "last modified" date (which is probably when it was uploaded to R* servers) of 10/13/2016 18:52:39 on the background and 10/13/2016 18:52:38 on the logo, there doesn't seem to be anything hidden.

cgwptlomlbnimainkh is the directory where the image is saved. Strangely enough, I get an "Internal Server Error" rather than the normal "You don't have permission to access [directory name] on this server." when I try to access it.

That's some next-level CSI sh*t right here.

• Like 1

Is there anything hidden in the image ?

TezFun posted this tweet https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/787670385785446401saying cgwptlomlbnimainkh had something to do with the name ??

Apart from the "last modified" date (which is probably when it was uploaded to R* servers) of 10/13/2016 18:52:39 on the background and 10/13/2016 18:52:38 on the logo, there doesn't seem to be anything hidden.

cgwptlomlbnimainkh is the directory where the image is saved. Strangely enough, I get an "Internal Server Error" rather than the normal "You don't have permission to access [directory name] on this server." when I try to access it.

That probably explains the random string of letters, I'm sure they know people use a lot of Inspect Element and stuff on Rockstar's website sometimes, and keep trying random links on the follow-up to an announcement, so they had to make sure we didn't find it.

That thing being there since Thursday is surreal.

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

To everyone who spent months in the "Red Dead Sequel Rumour Mill:Speculation and Ideas" thread; we gotta have a round of high-fives.

That kind of means that the trailer is already sitting on a Rockstar San Diego computer somewhere right now. It's simply waiting for its scheduled release so it can blow up the f*cking internet.

• Like 2

signature.png

Rockstar doesn't need E3 to drop the bomb.

Edited by Veroder

Shadowfennekin

I'm so hyped right now. Please don't make a Red Dead Online R*

• Like 3

RD3 on the top in Reddit's /r/all https://www.reddit.com/r/all

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

lazloisdavrock

really hope its title has a 3 in it. It will confuse so many people. it will be glorious

• Like 2

It must feel good as a developer that you don't even need to post a word, just a picture of a certain colour, to get a hype train this big started. At the time of this post, 36,077 retweets and 50,858 likes on that tweet.

Red Dead marketing budget so far...

$0

GTAV teaser had something like 5000 retweets at the time. How Twitter has grown!

Also who are all these people on this side of the forum?! lol :p

We come from the deepest depths of the GTA forums, lol. A new red dead would be awesome

We do indeed :) *waves*

So hyped for this! Please don't mess it up R*

This is giving me flashbacks to 2011 when they teased GTA V simply by posting "#GTAV" on Facebook and Twitter. I'm really excited for this!

• Like 2

VWSTp.png

I love the early hype! The part I am most looking forward to is right after the trailer drops. The in depth, frame by frame analysis. The building of the map based on what we see in the trailer etc. Exciting times ahead!

• Like 3

That kind of means that the trailer is already sitting on a Rockstar San Diego computer somewhere right now. It's simply waiting for its scheduled release so it can blow up the f*cking internet.

Just the thought of there being some sort of playable new Red dead game out there right now, is mind blowing in of itself.

• Like 3

To everyone who spent months in the "Red Dead Sequel Rumour Mill:Speculation and Ideas" thread; we gotta have a round of high-fives.

*High Fives*

Again props to those handful of folks, and I'll throw myself in there, for speculating and also pointing all signs to this time for Rockstar to reveal something. lol

• Like 3

really hope its title has a 3 in it. It will confuse so many people. it will be glorious

you mean something like "Red Dead 3: Redemption 2: Renegades"?

• Like 2

signature.png

BS_BlackScout

Here is something cool for 16:9 monitor users.

Not official

EDIT: Used proper sources, now it should look more natural XD

C1Yca9a.png

4K Version

remasteredwallpaper4k.png

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 4

I'm not surprised but I am somewhat disappointed. I hoped for a new IP.

Then again, unless I missed something (wasn't looking much really), this might just be a re-release of RDR on CG.

Edited by RogerWho

This is actually more vague than GTA V's initial announcement, but it's enough to bring people such as me here after several weeks/months of inactivity:

Aw yes! New Red Dead. I just hope it doesn't take several years from this point to be released, or failing that; go several months without anything new what so ever.

• Like 4
RE9mJnf.png

spitfire 26 rus

yt3.ggpht.com/-EiBcbWhCKJo/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/2mfP0UleL6U/s193-c-c0xffffff-k-no-rj-mo/photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Only takes them one little picture to get the hype train running.

Yea if you wanna get to the front page of Reddit, all you gotta do is post a black and red logo

• Like 1

iiConTr0v3rSYx

This is actually more vague than GTA V's initial announcement, but it's enough to bring people such as me here after several weeks/months of inactivity:

Aw yes! New Red Dead. I just hope it doesn't take several years from this point to be released, or failing that; go several months without anything new what so ever.

Ha. Soon. Max Payne 3 related articles. Soon. Soon.... Soon........ In a few weeks or so. Game has been delayed.

MP3 was a great game but R* sure as hell knew they used V's hype to promote it.

i have a feeling it won't take longer than a year, and they can always add train heists a little later...

Edited by mahavishnu

Whatever it is it'll probably be disappointing as hell. That, or Table Tennis 2.

HaythamKenway

Oh boy, time for another round of exhausting hype and "In a few weeks or soTM". Can I just get into a cryo sleep or something?

Anyway, I'd rather see Agent than RD3, but anything's welcome at this point, as long as it gets R* out of their Online-Maintenance-Only mode.

Edited by HaythamKenway
  • Like 2