2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

J.Dillinger Blackheart

At least Ubisoft still makes single player focused games something that a lot of developers are abandoning in favor of multiplayer.

they may still make Single player focused games bro? But they are absolute dog sh*t if u ask me. On topic, i just noticed its dutch who says "this place..there's no such thing as civilized"

I still wonder who said "when the time comes, you gotta run and dont look back"

Edited by highzman420

Yeah, 'When the time comes, you gotta run and don't look back' is spoken in a voice that is more similar to Dutch's than Arthur's, at least from what we heard in Trailer #2.

Yeah, 'When the time comes, you gotta run and don't look back' is spoken in a voice that is more similar to Dutch's than Arthur's, at least from what we heard in Trailer #2.

I heard someone else say this before and it made me scratch my head. The voice in the first trailer sounds nothing like Dutch. Dutch's voice is so much deeper.

• Like 1

I heard someone else say this before and it made me scratch my head. The voice in the first trailer sounds nothing like Dutch. Dutch's voice is so much deeper.

The only thing we can be sure of is that this sound bite was snipped from a cutscene and is probably out of context with the impression that Rockstar is trying to create in the trailer. In other words, I'd assert that this phrase is not the pivotal plot point of the story.

That's what pisses me off about trailers in general, and Rockstar trailers as well. In the trailer, years before the real product, we're so hungry that we come to iconify certain dramatic phrases or scenes or musical snippets, burning them into our brain, triggering deep emotions about the game, only to find out later that in the actual game, they're just an offhand bit of a cutscene.

That pisses me off, basically.

EDIT: Examples, in GTA IV: "Perhaps here, things will be different" is just a line of dialog between Nico and Karen. Also, "Get this done; then we'll talk." is just a line in a phone call from ULP to Nico. In the actual game, neither line is as heavy as the impression they try to create in the trailer.

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 4

With it being October and just getting trailer 2 telling us very little, and still there only being just a release window it's hard to not be pessimistic. We probably won't see sh*t RDR2 related until maybe DEC or Jan, if there is not at least a place holder date by then i fear the worst.

True, we do have L.A Noire releasing in November but I'm hoping for sure we'll get some screenshots by December!

December at the latest. I really think either Sony will have something for PSX or we'll see more at The Game Awards on December 7th.

I think the latter seems more a given since Geoff Keighley is already hyping up on Twitter about the 2018 titles the show will be showing. That and Rockstar are also on the committee for voting and thus invested in the whole show too.

What do you think we'd get at the Game Awards? That's the last place I'd expect to see anything.

Just more footage. The show is known and watched mostly for its exclusives with future titles. RDR if I recall won a number of awards at one of them and even had Jose Gonzalez performing live.

No guarantee obviously but it's a show I wouldn't rule out. Maybe this time RDR2 can win Most Anticipated since it lost last year. lol

• Like 1

Rockstar Vienna

Even if we won't get any Red Dead news for a few weeks or so™... The next 2 months are gonna be interesting nonetheless.

November 1-5: Paris Games Week (Sony conference on Oct 30)

First week of November: Take Two Earnings Call 2nd Quarter fiscal 2018

November 14: Release of L.A. Noire on PS4/XO/Switch/HTCVive

December 9/10: Playstation Experience 2017

And lots of new game releases in between.

Definitely better than the drought months June, July, August

I imagine RDR2 will be at one of the Playstation conferences in some way for them to talk about what the timed-exclusive content will be.

• Like 3

Holland_Hicks

R* can literally copy and paste the mechanics from this game and I'd be satisfied. :)

• Like 11

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Polish them a bit and f*ck yea, executions are 1 of the most gratifying thing in games in my opinion. MP3 is underrated af

• Like 2

If it's Dutch's gang

why is Arthur in the center?

Debut-Cover-Art.jpg

Edited by greenrock

Arthur does all the work but Dutch gets all the credit lol

Arthur, seemingly being the enforcer of the group, deserves a position in the center. Oh, and yes, he's our protagonist!

Is that Dutch's gang? Really? :whistle:

Edited by Efreet

It could just be a showcase of the characters in the game rather than a shot of the formal gang. I also don't expect us to be under Dutch's heel for the whole game. I assume we'll be building/running our own for the majority.

Edited by DexPac
  • Like 1

J.Dillinger Blackheart

The unknowns are probably Arthur's posse, and the Van der linde Gang. RDR2 will try to tell a story of both Arthur and the Dutch Gang.

• Like 1

I could see that being the thing that breaks it

Arthur getting pissed that he does all of Dutch's dirty work while Dutch stays on the side

R* can literally copy and paste the mechanics from this game and I'd be satisfied. :)

One of my fav games of all time. One of the best Rockstar games ever too. Everything was perfect and oh boy how much i love the game's original score.

Edited by DisCrafted
  • Like 3

I could see that being the thing that breaks it

Arthur getting pissed that he does all of Dutch's dirty work while Dutch stays on the side

It kinda reminds me of SA CJ did everything but Sweet and everyone else still complained

Hunter S. Compton

I really don't know what to make of that poster. The woman clearly isn't there, Javier Escuella clearly isn't there. So even if this is all Van Der Linde boys it clearly isn't all of them. I've seen a lot of speculation that the feller with the mustache and double breasted jacket is Landon Ricketts but that's never made any sense to me; he's clearly never met Jon before RDR and doesnt seem to be the outlaw type regardless.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

I really don't know what to make of that poster. The woman clearly isn't there, Javier Escuella clearly isn't there. So even if this is all Van Der Linde boys it clearly isn't all of them. I've seen a lot of speculation that the feller with the mustache and double breasted jacket is Landon Ricketts but that's never made any sense to me; he's clearly never met Jon before RDR and doesnt seem to be the outlaw type regardless.

There are characters that will be left to the story to discover, like the 7 riders from trailer #1 for instance. The female from trailer 2 could be the female riding on the end. But then there are still 4 from trailer we have no idea who they are.

There are characters that will be left to the story to discover, like the 7 riders from trailer #1 for instance. The female from trailer 2 could be the female riding on the end. But then there are still 4 from trailer we have no idea who they are.

Javier Escuella is clearly seen wearing a black bandana with John Marston in the train heist scene and clearly seen wearing the same jacket as seen in the poster.

John Marston is also carrying the same rifle and wearing the same jacket from the poster in the train heist

Edited by MojoGamer

MostWantedMVP

Heres some images I put together of Arthur with a beard.

I hope we can use that barber shop in the trailer.

Beard

dUyj5Z8.png

Mustache

vJSySff.png

Mutton Chops

NPhPmUG.png

• Like 12

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Javier Escuella is clearly seen wearing a black bandana with John Marston in the train heist scene and clearly seen wearing the same jacket as seen in the poster.

John Marston is also carrying the same rifle and wearing the same jacket from the poster in the train heist

clearly? I've looked through that entire trailer, nobody looks like john or javier to me. But if that's what you see, ok.. how you can identify someone through a bandana is beyond me lol. The only way i know it's dutch in the "civilized" scene is because of his hair. But Javier will probably be in the game, that's 1 character from rdr we know very little about, and would probably make for a great character if he had more of a focus. I would love a dlc with him as a protag, focused souly on Mexico. Edited by highzman420

Edward Nashton

Heres some images I put together of Arthur with a beard.

I hope we can use that barber shop in the trailer.

Mustache

vJSySff.png

This one seems to suit him the best. I'm also hoping they'll include barber shops in the game, It'll be strange if they don't, actually.

• Like 1

I want to give him a very big beard and I hope he has a hairy chest.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1

mikeinthahouse

This was probably posted already, but it seems Roger Clark's voice is in this short clip! The man who's supposed to voice Arthur..

Holland_Hicks

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything until January. I'm strangely okay with this, despite not getting much from the latest trailer.

• Like 3