2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

HandSoap2811

this might be a, very, long shot, but what if in the end, we fast forward to John Marston, kill our friend Arthur here, and start the RDR remaster? Wouldn't seem that far fetched, especially with RDR Online coming, obviously, along. Would also tie in the stories together and make a beautiful story arch.

​Then ofcourse Undead Nightmare pack add on, extended over the entire map -> the first one was a huge success, no reason to not redo it for this one.

Perhaps a side story add on for Dutch? Would make some sense to close the triangle.

And the obvious Online support for the years to come. Curious what it will be.

At the very least, enough options for Rockstar to take, and some of these have definitely been on the table at their office.

I would put down serious money that they're going to expand the map with the New Austin and Mexico areas as an online update.

lol people said that we would get LC map expansions in to gta online ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

Holland_Hicks

this might be a, very, long shot, but what if in the end, we fast forward to John Marston, kill our friend Arthur here, and start the RDR remaster? Wouldn't seem that far fetched, especially with RDR Online coming, obviously, along. Would also tie in the stories together and make a beautiful story arch.

​Then ofcourse Undead Nightmare pack add on, extended over the entire map -> the first one was a huge success, no reason to not redo it for this one.

Perhaps a side story add on for Dutch? Would make some sense to close the triangle.

And the obvious Online support for the years to come. Curious what it will be.

At the very least, enough options for Rockstar to take, and some of these have definitely been on the table at their office.

I would put down serious money that they're going to expand the map with the New Austin and Mexico areas as an online update.

lol people said that we would get LC map expansions in to gta online ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes but that's a whole other map where they'd have to contextualize how you get there and all that. RDR2's map is basically a continuation of the first game's map, so they could really easily just slap it onto the existing map. Not to mention that I think RDR2's map is lacking in those classic cactus filled, sandy desert areas, so they could throw it in to satisfy people like me.

A lot of rework will have to be done to bring Redemption's map up to date, the kind of work that will need a story, or a single player expansion in other words, to justify it. I will take that kind of an expansion from both story and Online perspectives, but it's most likely not going to happen and we will be waiting another decade to revisit the dusty border states running on a much advanced version of Rockstar Games Engine. 8K resolution and the desert, plus the cactus, will look more realistic than ever!

Edited by Efreet
  • Like 3

Cutter De Blanc

Hey guys, just a thought, maybe it's just the title of the game, and Arthur gets no actual redemption in the storyline?

Or maybe it's the story of someone else's redemption, told through the eyes of Arthur Morgan.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 4

Frantz Fuchs

Anyone think "The Strange Man" makes a return? Foreshadowing events once again?

He has to.

"I remember you from back out west"

"They chased us from the west, they chased us over the mountains"

He more literally says "I know you from Mexico, I know you from back out west" because you previously meet him in the game in Mexico, and in New Austin, as opposed to when he says that in West Elizabeth. I think you're making a bit of a leap.

He's referring to two different events there.

Hunter S. Compton

He's referring to two different events there.

Yes, the first time you meet him and the second time you meet him. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

How does that sound?

October 2016: Waiting 7 months for 7 screenshots and a delay (with no info in between).

October 2017: Waiting 7 months for the release of the game (with tons of info in between).

I'm not even religious, but please Lord.
  • Like 10

J.Dillinger Blackheart

With it being October and just getting trailer 2 telling us very little, and still there only being just a release window it's hard to not be pessimistic. We probably won't see sh*t RDR2 related until maybe DEC or Jan, if there is not at least a place holder date by then i fear the worst.

• Like 1

I hope the entire map isn't open from the start.

Have to wait for the rivers of lava to cool.

• Like 1

i hope the game focuses on straight crime and no wacky gta-esque goverment agent villains

Given that you're part of a gang that robs and kills other people, you're definitely going create serious enemies in the government. There is nothing wacky about this and it's authentic to the western era.

I think the context is, we don't want a govt villain asshole as a mission giver. On the other hand, it could be cool to have a dedicated lawman start chasing down your gang midway through the story, with increasingly tough battles and challenges, then build the game to a climax boss battle with the lawman and a huge posse, even army guys. Or maybe railroad mercenaries like in The Wild Bunch.

Is anyone else disappointed we didn't at least get some new artwork with the trailer? Some art of Arthur would've been appreciated.

After I wait a reasonable period of time for Rockstar to release new info, and they don't, then I'm disappointed all over again. I'm disappointed quite a lot.

• Like 1

MostWantedMVP

With it being October and just getting trailer 2 telling us very little, and still there only being just a release window it's hard to not be pessimistic. We probably won't see sh*t RDR2 related until maybe DEC or Jan, if there is not at least a place holder date by then i fear the worst.

True, we do have L.A Noire releasing in November but I'm hoping for sure we'll get some screenshots by December!

• Like 2

J.Dillinger Blackheart

True, we do have L.A Noire releasing in November but I'm hoping for sure we'll get some screenshots by December!

Same here..whatever the case, Dec or Jan has to reveal a date if you ask me. But even then im still iffy about a spring release. Just from the trailer you can see the game still needs some work, so it wouldn't be a shock to me if the final date is around summer or early fall worst case scenario. But the way games pubs do things nowdays, they may release iit unfinished and just patch what needs fixing as time goes along.

BUT THE BENZ

We Need a Steven Ogg Cameo!!!!

WORD!!!! have him drink lots of MILK and act all outlaw-ish!

i hope the game focuses on straight crime and no wacky gta-esque goverment agent villains

Given that you're part of a gang that robs and kills other people, you're definitely going create serious enemies in the government. There is nothing wacky about this and it's authentic to the western era.

I think the context is, we don't want a govt villain asshole as a mission giver. On the other hand, it could be cool to have a dedicated lawman start chasing down your gang midway through the story, with increasingly tough battles and challenges, then build the game to a climax boss battle with the lawman and a huge posse, even army guys. Or maybe railroad mercenaries like in The Wild Bunch.

The core of Marston's journey was a long-term mission given to him by a govt villain asshole, Edgar Ross that is. I don't think that the story will follow that same path, otherwise R* would show up as being noncreative by recycling same old stories.

December at the latest. I really think either Sony will have something for PSX or we'll see more at The Game Awards on December 7th.

I think the latter seems more a given since Geoff Keighley is already hyping up on Twitter about the 2018 titles the show will be showing. That and Rockstar are also on the committee for voting and thus invested in the whole show too.

• Like 1

Johnson Johnson

R* wont be in any of those conferences, its gonna happen in Game informer december

This will probably really weird,but I think one of the reason Open-World R* games are appreciated so much is because of the physics.

I just recently saw some AC:Origins gameplay,and no kiding,when the main Character killed a hippo,you actually can clip through his body.YOU ACTUALLY CLIP THROUGH A HIPPO,WHO'S HALF YOUR SIZE,YOU'RE BASSICLY GLITHING IN THIS GAME JUST LIKE THAT HOLY SH*T.

• Like 3

This will probably really weird,but I think one of the reason Open-World R* games are appreciated so much is because of the physics.

I just recently saw some AC:Origins gameplay,and no kiding,when the main Character killed a hippo,you actually can clip through his body.YOU ACTUALLY CLIP THROUGH A HIPPO,WHO'S HALF YOUR SIZE,YOU'RE BASSICLY GLITHING IN THIS GAME JUST LIKE THAT HOLY SH*T.

Ubisoft open world games are repetitive garbage. They all play the same.

Edited by Yoona

Holland_Hicks

December at the latest. I really think either Sony will have something for PSX or we'll see more at The Game Awards on December 7th.

I think the latter seems more a given since Geoff Keighley is already hyping up on Twitter about the 2018 titles the show will be showing. That and Rockstar are also on the committee for voting and thus invested in the whole show too.

What do you think we'd get at the Game Awards? That's the last place I'd expect to see anything.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Ubisoft open world games are repetitive garbage. They all play the same. FACTS! IDGAF i have a profound hatred for Ubisoft as a company. They are apart of what is wrong with gaming right now.

At least Ubisoft still makes single player focused games something that a lot of developers are abandoning in favor of multiplayer.

At least Ubisoft still makes single player focused games something that a lot of developers are abandoning in favor of multiplayer.

Hmm... Rainbow Six. The Division. Ghost Recon. For Honor. The Crew. Steep. Skull and Bones.

Need i say more?

Edited by DisCrafted
  • Like 4

Assassins creed, Watch dogs, South Park, Far Cry.

Edited by Zello

Assassins creed, Watch dogs, South Park

That's it? Lol. And even those games have some sort of MP. Watch Dogs for example. Both 1 and 2.

That's it? Lol. And even those games have some sort of MP. Watch Dogs for example. Both 1 and 2.

You just literally listed the whole AC franchise. Really?

• Like 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat.

Thanks. We all know where this is going to go.

Edited by Spider-Vice

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives