2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

MostWantedMVP

Very excited about bears (obviously) being in RDR2.

I loved nothing more than going to tall trees and getting a chase, they were some of the most frightening moments ever.

Edited by MostWantedMVP
  • Like 5

So all this discussion about he said "back" or "bag" reminds me when the native guy from the trailer says "we need an extra gun". In the Spanish version the subtitles say "necesitaremos alguien mas" meaning "we need an extra MAN"..

So did he said back or bag... This is killing me.

So all this discussion about he said "back" or "bag" reminds me when the native guy from the trailer says "we need an extra gun". In the Spanish version the subtitles say "necesitaremos alguien mas" meaning "we need an extra MAN"..

So did he said back or bag... This is killing me.

Pretty sure Dutch said "Will you have my back?".

And the native said " We need an extra GUNNER".

When the game will be released you actually cannot enjoy it anymore because you already discovered everything by digging too deep ;D

Hahaha very true, itll turn into playing the game just to see if we were right with our theories :lol: its still a time killer till the game comes out though

Guys, I had a dream that R* pulled a quick one on us and realeased the game in January... saying they said Spring so they had more time to work with just in case. Everyone was happy, i had an erection, then boom i woke up and reality hit. Good dreams can be decieving -_-

• Like 1

Femme Fatale

Yeah, I've had a lot of really awesome dreams, so I know it feels rather sh*tty having to wake up from them. :(

• Like 1

TheOriginalGunslinger

RDR and GTA are separate universes

No they are not since some of the GTA5 pedestrians wore John Marston on their t-shirts and Jack Marston published a book in GTA 5, making them historical figures.

"Homages"

Also, I'm pretty sure Bonnie mentions "Manhattan" (wouldn't that have been Algonquin?) during the mission "This is Armadillo, USA" early in the game in Red Dead Redemption.

I loved nothing more than going to tall trees and getting a chase, they were some of the most frightening moments ever.

Getting an entire Free Roam session of players up there and "trying" to knife all bears was quite funny too.

The Bears won

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 1

MostWantedMVP

Getting an entire Free Roam session of players up there and "trying" to knife all bears was quite funny too.

The Bears won

Good times, my friend. Good times.

6bears.jpg

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger

Good times, my friend. Good times.

6bears.jpg

Good times indeed! Another great thing was that lonely little cabin when you get further into Tall Trees. There are usually cougars everywhere near there. 16 players + that cabin was hilarious. The cougars would wait until someone got out and attack them.

All we had was our throwing knifes and throwing ax.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 2

Frantz Fuchs

I don't think we can expect anything else until January.

Fixed.

Ah... no actually. You broke it. The game is coming out in May, and the real marketing for games begin 6 months away from release. November will be the time.

I hope you're right. I can't take another lengthy drought.

We're not getting anything now until LA Noire is out. I'm predicting PSX to be the start of full marketing.

Edited by Frantz Fuchs
  • Like 1

Femme Fatale

Are we assuming that Arthur is the protagonist and not the antagonist?

That would be a rather clever twist tbh.

Are we assuming that Arthur is the protagonist and not the antagonist?

That would be a rather clever twist tbh.

but there is gameplay footage of him with the bow, so he most likely is the protag

Dick Justice

He's definitely the protagonist. This isn't some random Kojima Solid Snake fake-out from 2001, Rockstar are advertising their new game.

Edited by Dick Justice

MostWantedMVP

I wonder if Rockstar will be at PAX East next year?

rdr_atpaxeast.jpg

Or most likely we might see something at PSX!

• Like 1

Reeeeally hope the blood, gore and Euphoria are on par with or improved on from Redemption. Blood pools formed exactly under the killshot, blood decals were bright when they first formed but dried up to a darker color over time and gunshot wounds were large and bloody. Headshot gore was brutal, and Euphoria physics were at their best. IV and Redemption heavily advertised Euphoria as a main feature, so I hope it returns exactly as it was in Redemption.

• Like 7

So there are people saying that Arthur sounds like he has Cajun accent? does that mean he is ethnically german/cajun?

Rockstar Vienna

So in terms of performance... What do you think we can expect from the consoles?

My wild guess:

Xbox One X: Checkerboard 4K, 30fps mostly stable

PS4 Pro: 1440p, 30fps mostly stable

PS4: 1080p, 30fps with some drops

XBox One: 900p, 30fps with some drops

So there are people saying that Arthur sounds like he has Cajun accent? does that mean he is ethnically german/cajun?

Being from Louisiana it would most likely be Anglo French/Cajun or Spaniard /Cajun

Edited by HBKingJosh

The Outlaw Josey Wales The film tells the story of Josey Wales, a Missouri farmer whose family is murdered by Union militants during the Civil War. Driven to revenge, Wales joins a Confederate guerrilla band and fights in the Civil War. After the war, all the fighters in Wales' group except for Wales surrender to Union officers, but they end up being massacred. Wales becomes an outlaw and is pursued by bounty hunters and Union soldiers.

I think the story of A. morgan could be a homage to the the movie. The backstory of Mr Morgan is what i'm really excited about tho. This rarely happens in story mode games where you play the antihero, this is going to be fun. On to top it off being on the run? MAN OH MAN! i cant f*ckin wait.

Dude that sounds f*cking awesome! I'm going to watch that right now! I saw "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" last weekend because they said some of the shots from the trailer (specifically the train robbery ones) were probably inspired from a scene in it. Pretty good movie. Would definitely recommend it.

• Like 1

Reeeeally hope the blood, gore and Euphoria are on par with or improved on from Redemption. Blood pools formed exactly under the killshot, blood decals were bright when they first formed but dried up to a darker color over time and gunshot wounds were large and bloody. Headshot gore was brutal, and Euphoria physics were at their best. IV and Redemption heavily advertised Euphoria as a main feature, so I hope it returns exactly as it was in Redemption.

It's funny how the gore in RDR was better than what we saw in GTA V. In V there would just be a small red mark or smudge where you shot them. Yet in RDR huge gaping wounds and holes would appear after head/face shots.

Another voice actor/actress related find.

I’ve found even more information that now directly links actor Roger Clark (Arthur?) and several other actors/actresses to Rockstar and RDR2.

Roger Clark (who I first linked to RDR2 through the voice actors of characters in RDR that we now know are back in RDR2) is also friends online with several Rockstar Games developers who work on the motion capture, audio and animation. One of the developers even mentions how they work directly with the actors on the motion capture. So yeah, a pretty big giveaway as to their involvement with Rockstar and the game.

At the request of GTAForums mods who can verify this information (Spider-Vice), I’ve partially removed the name of the Rockstar developer and won't be directly linking to profiles. If you decide to look into this yourself I ask that you take similar precautions.

EpmyYO7.png

You can see here that Roger is friends with one of the developers. This is also the same for several other actors/actresses we’ve looked at being directly linked with Rockstar and each other, giving us a growing group of actors/actresses most likely to be involved with RDR2.

These are all the online connections between the 3 Rockstar developers I’ve looked at and all actors/actresses so far found by myself and other GTAForums members:

Rockstar Dev 1Animator who also works with the actors on motion capture.

• Online connections with – Rockerstar Dev 2 & 3, Roger Clark, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins

Rockstar Dev 2Motion capture audio engineer.

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 3, Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Noshir Dalal, Harron Atkins

Rockstar Dev 3 – Something to do with animation.

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Cali Moore

Roger ClarkResume - Audio sample 1 - Audio sample 2 -

- Audio sample 4
  • Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Rob Wiethoff – as John Marston in RDR, likely to return in RDR2.

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 2, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore

Benjamin Byron Davis – as Dutch Van Der Linde in RDR, will return in RDR2.

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Steve J Palmer, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Steve J Palmer – as Bill Williamson in RDR, likely to return in RDR2.

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Noshir DalalWorking mocap on an unreleased game under NDA for 2.5 years as a major character. - Resume 1 - Resume 2 - Showreels

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2 & 3, Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Steve J Palmer, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist

Lindsay PerryWorked with Rockstar before (GTA V), has on her resume worked on unreleased Rockstar game. - Resume - Showreel

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 3, Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore

Harron AtkinsIMDb -

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2, Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Kaili Vernoff

Cali MooreIMDb -

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 3, Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Gabriel Sloyer CeronWorked with Rockstar before (GTA V). - IMDb - Showreel

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Peter BlomquistWorked with Rockstar before (LA Noire), IMDb

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Kaili Vernoff

Kaili VernoffIMDb

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist

To me, those directly linked with Rockstar developers are all but confirmed by Rockstar themselves to be involved with RDR2. I think there’s more than enough connections between the other actors/actresses that aren’t directly linked with Rockstar to show their involvement as well. However, until we get official confirmation or further proof - remain somewhat hesitant.

What this all means - recording motion capture/audio for the game is something that can take multiple years for big projects like RDR2, more than enough time for actors/actresses portraying main characters to befriend each other as well as the Rockstar developers that they spend time with recording motion capture and audio. Noshir Dalal has down on his resume that he’s been working mocap on a game under NDA as a major character for over 2.5 years so far!

These connections could show potential interactions between the characters they portray in-game as they could've recording scenes together. I’d like to mention that just because they’re connected online, it doesn’t 100% guarantee their interaction in-game and the same can be said for the other way around - these are just online connections, actors/actresses listed here may have worked with each other and just not added each other online.

I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced, but as of now I’d say Roger Clark is the most likely found to be portraying Arthur, based on his somewhat similar appearance (recent R* games have a striking similarity between actors and the in-game models) and vocal resemblance - we just need to hear him with a strong accent like Arthur...

As for who the other actors/actresses could be portraying, we’ll just have to wait for more information to look at and compare them to.

Interesting, great find!

I also noticed that Vince Oddo is following Harron Atkins on Twitter. He started following Roger Clarke, Benjamin Byron Davis, Harron Atkins and an actor named Brent Werzner at the same time. Now this guy Brent Werzner is also followed by / follows Roger Clark. He seems to have done some cowboy stuff before if you search for images of him on Google.

I think that pretty much confirms that both Vince Oddo and Brent Werzner will be in the game and should be added to the list.

• Like 2

user posted image

I also noticed that Vince Oddo is following Harron Atkins on Twitter. He started following Roger Clarke, Benjamin Byron Davis, Harron Atkins and an actor named Brent Werzner at the same time. Now this guy Brent Werzner is also followed by / follows Roger Clark. He seems to have done some cowboy stuff before if you search for images of him on Google.

I think that pretty much confirms that both Vince Oddo and Brent Werzner will be in the game and should be added to the list.

Nice find Rucke! Vince is someone I looked at and followed back when I first started looking at the accounts, but didn't think there was enough connections at the time with just Roger & Benjamin so I left him out. Brent was mentioned to me by Kirsty back in March but I didn't think there was enough connections there either, but with the recent Harron Atkins find I think you're onto something!

edit: something odd is happening - trying to find some of his past work, look what comes up when I search for Brent Werzner on Google... Although when you go to the link, there's no mention of his name on the page itself?

Edited by Neudd
  • Like 3

Rucke, you've helped me find another potential voice actor!

Blaze Mancillas - worked with Rockstar before on GTA V only for a minor role 'The Local Population' - so a random NPC?

Is linked online with Roger Clark, Noshir Dalal, Peter Blomquist, Vince Oddo and Brent Werzner.

Edited by Neudd

Blaze Mancillas - worked with Rockstar before on GTA V only for a minor role 'The Local Population' - so a random NPC?

Is linked online with Roger Clark, Noshir Dalal, Peter Blomquist, Vince Oddo and Brent Werzner.

What are the chances that they all have met at some agency or something and thats how they are connected? Maybe not all are RDR2 related?

But still amazing findings not at all trying to contradict your hardwork...awesome stuff really!

I've been MIA the last few days so have missed out on your updates, but have heard through Spider the work you've been doing. Great job as usual! I can't wait until we can officially tie them up with the game, if we can.

Oh I've added that medal BTW ;)

fib_ufo_small.png

What are the chances that they all have met at some agency or something and thats how they are connected? Maybe not all are RDR2 related?

But still amazing findings not at all trying to contradict your hardwork...awesome stuff really!

Yeah you're right, there is that possibility. That's why I leave out potential actors I find that only have a couple of connections. I'd say it's a given that those directly linked with Rockstar developers are involved though. But we should hesitate to say that the others are 100% involved, even though some of them are starting to have more connections.

I've been MIA the last few days so have missed out on your updates, but have heard through Spider the work you've been doing. Great job as usual! I can't wait until we can officially tie them up with the game, if we can.

Oh I've added that medal BTW ;)

Ha, thanks Kirsty! me too.

Hopefully I haven't got this all wrong, otherwise I'll hand in the badge...

Edited by Neudd
  • Like 2

Dick Justice

I wonder just how large some of these roles are. Obviously Roger Clarke has a big one... Remember there was that guy playing Casey in GTAV? We all debated over whether he was legit or not and it turned out he was a minor character in the stealth version of The Big One. Then again, we found Ned Luke and Steven Ogg beforehand too.

< Any chance she could be Cali Moore? I couldn't find a showreel to compare voices but their noses look similar to me.

Edited by Dick Justice