2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

No he said bag Red Dead Redemption 2 is actually Bully 2

Dutch told Arthur to give him his lunch money or else he'd take his bag

The next logo change Bully II, Arthur is kind of a bully already, it all makes sense, Bully 2 and Rdr2 in one game, best of both worlds

I'm calling BS on yall saying Arthur is in his 30s

he looks like he is in his 40s

red_dead_redemption_2_screencap_08_shake

Ugh. Look at the f*cking mouth on that guy. That's some straight up Mass Effect Andromeda animation right there.

Not really..

Edited by anthony

Ok, so this is my theory of how the game will start:

So we begin in the present day after John Marston is killed, Arthur Morgan arrives at Bechers Hope, Jack confronts him "who are you and watta hell you re doing my house" (pointing a gun at him). Morgan: "Little Jack is that you, you look like your father". "how is that old son of a bitch". Jack: ... Morgan: "sorry i forgot he was 6 feet underground" . Jack with an anger in his face... Morgan: "listen kid maybe when your mother¨s finished mourning your father, I´ll keep her in black on your behalf". Jack: "who... are... you". Morgan: "so John never mentioned me or... look kid you think your father had a tragic life... just wait when you hear mine".

Now the game take us to the past and we start Arthur Morgans journey

NOTE: DONT TAKE THIS TO SERIOUS, IS JUST A STUPID FAN-FICTION

"So you're probably wondering how I got in this situation, well it all started when I forgot Dutch's bag"

Edited by Pepperjack

CantaloupDRMC

So we begin in the present day after John Marston is killed, Arthur Morgan arrives at Bechers Hope, Jack confronts him "who are you and watta hell you re doing my house" (pointing a gun at him). Morgan: "Little Jack is that you, you look like your father". "how is that old son of a bitch". Jack: ... Morgan: "sorry i forgot he was 6 feet underground" . Jack with an anger in his face... Morgan: "listen kid maybe when your mother¨s finished mourning your father, I´ll keep her in black on your behalf". Jack: "who... are... you". Morgan: "so John never mentioned me or... look kid you think your father had a tragic life... just wait when you hear mine".

"So you're probably wondering how I got in this situation, well it all started when I forgot Dutch's bag"

"Well you know kid, my mom always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Edited by CantaloupDRMC

HunterOfHunters

Anyone worried that we haven't seen much or any desert areas? In RDR the map was almost all that, I was expecting it to at least be signifcantly present in RDR2. We've seen some in ther first trailer but I thought those were to few. It's not really a big issue because the map looks awesome but I think it's impoartant to at least have a big one.

Edited by HunterOfHunters

CantaloupDRMC

Lol what are you talking about we've seen like 5% of the map so far

Edited by CantaloupDRMC

Holland_Hicks

Is there really anything left to talk about?

I need some gameplay bad.

Dick Justice

It's a limitation of the genre, in my opinion. I love westerns as much as the next fella, but compared to GTA -- for instance -- there's little to discuss. We can't sit around debating whether Grove Street will return, or whether Rockstar should include hovercrafts. We know what the game will be, it's success relies on execution. Unfortunately, there's just not as much to say.

• Like 3

It's a limitation of the genre, in my opinion. I love westerns as much as the next fella, but compared to GTA -- for instance -- there's little to discuss. We can't sit around debating whether Grove Street will return, or whether Rockstar should include hovercrafts. We know what the game will be, it's success relies on execution. Unfortunately, there's just not as much to say.

But grove street could return in this if you think about it, we could see a small patch of dirt that will one day become grove street

• Like 2

RDR and GTA are separate universes

• Like 1

Holland_Hicks

It would be cool if one day R* just establishes that all of their games are set in the same universe. Both GTA eras shares their universe with Bully and Manhunt. Max Payne, Red Dead and L.A. Noire are all in their own seperate canon.

I hope the master challenges return. Picking plants, treasure hunting, fighting legendary animals. Especially that last bit.

• Like 1

No they are not since some of the GTA5 pedestrians wore John Marston on their t-shirts and Jack Marston published a book in GTA 5, making them historical figures.

Edited by MojoGamer

Edward Nashton

No they are not since some of the GTA5 pedestrians wore John Marston on their t-shirts and Jack Marston published a book in GTA 5, making them historical figures.

So why is it that it's the FBI in RDR and FIB in the HDU GTAs?

• Like 1

Yes it's also known that Manhattan, as said in Red Dead Redemption 1 by Bonnie was named to Algonquin back in 1923 which is when the flooding around the city happened. Also you can see that John has a live invader page aswell making this take place in the Undead Nightmare universe, being that he's a zombie. And above, the FBI was named to FIB by Mayor Johnson Jon John Marston in 1945 because of the Edgar Ross Fiasco he discovered. Seriously this is all on the wiki people, look it up.

Edited by Pepperjack
  • Like 4

The Leaker said that BOI and not FBI used be called the Pinkersons.

RDR2 Pinkersons, RDR1 BOI, GTA FIB

No they are not since some of the GTA5 pedestrians wore John Marston on their t-shirts and Jack Marston published a book in GTA 5, making them historical figures.In Red Dead Redemption Bonnie Macfarlane says her brother moved to New York. New York does not exist in GTA. If they were in the same universe she would have said Liberty City but she didn't therefore RDR and GTA do not take place in the same universe.

The Jack Marston thing is just an Easter Egg.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1

That makes sense. What about Pogo and the Space Rangers?

In Red Dead Redemption Bonnie Macfarlane says her brother moved to New York. New York does not exist in GTA. If they were in the same universe she would have said Liberty City but she didn't therefore RDR and GTA do not take place in the same universe.

Say New York doesn't mean anything since R* isn't perfect.

Edward Nashton

The BOI is the actual historical predecessor of the FBI and there are journal entries in RDR that refer to them as the FBI.

Edited by Edward Nashton
  • Like 1

You're off-topic, but Pojo, the Space Rangers and Impotent Rage are official playable characters in GTA 5's Director Mode.

Edited by MojoGamer

You're off-topic, but Pojo, the Space Rangers and Impotent Rage are official playable characters in GTA 5's Director Mode.

No sh*t Sherlock.

Edited by Good Hombre

RDR2 Pinkersons, RDR1 BOI, GTA 3 FBI and GTA5 FIB

The BOI is the actual historical predecessor to the FBI and there are journal entries in RDR that refer to them as the FBI.

Gta 3 also had the FBI, so the FBI updated their name to FIB. Note: Claude is also in GTA 5.

Edited by MojoGamer

Holland_Hicks

There's no scene in the trailer where Arthur has the lasso at his side. I hope it doesn't just appear out of nowhere.

Edited by Holland_Hicks
  • Like 3

Edward Nashton

In Red Dead Redemption Bonnie Macfarlane says her brother moved to New York. New York does not exist in GTA. If they were in the same universe she would have said Liberty City but she didn't therefore RDR and GTA do not take place in the same universe.

Say New York doesn't mean anything since R* isn't perfect.

California is also mentioned - in fact, a lot of the stranger quests mention real world places such as funny man.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Strangers

GTA also references London, so RDR shares the same Universe

Edited by MojoGamer

"So you're probably wondering how I got in this situation, well it all started when I forgot Dutch's bag"Hahaha nice one...

LegacyKillaHD

GTA also references London, so RDR shares the same Universe

I hope that's sarcasm

• Like 4