2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Pretty sure Dutch says bag and not back, even youtube thinks bag

That's cause YouTube is retarded.

"Do you have my BAG?"

"Always, Dutch."

How the f*ck would that make any sense?

You can clearly hear him say BACK.

• Like 16

He very clearly says "back".

If you want confirmation on this, watch the Trailer on a Rockstar channel with another language, for example German or French, there you have subtitles.

In both German and French he indeed says "will you have my back?".

''Arthur, can I have my bag back please?''

''Nope, like I said, I'll always have your bag.''

That's cause YouTube is retarded.

"Do you have my BAG?"

"Always, Dutch."

How the f*ck would that make any sense?

You can clearly hear him say BACK.

Hahahha OMG.

Perhaps Dutch and arther were school buddies and used to carry each other's bag.

Or Arthur had a huge crush on Dutch, so he allways carried his bag for him.

• Like 2

Perhaps Dutch and arther were school buddies and used to carry each other's bag.

Or Arthur had a huge crush on Dutch, so he allways carried his bag for him.

So many possibilities

Would you guys be mad if Arthur was homosexual? R* has never put in a homosexual protagonist before. Just asking based on the responses here

Would you guys be mad if Arthur was homosexual? R* has never put in a homosexual protagonist before. Just asking based on the responses here

Back then, at least in the early 1800s Homosexuality wasn't really a term.

The intimate bondage between two men was still regarded as friendship and interestingly enough sexual activity between men was regarded as pure love and sex for loves sake, simply because it did not feature the "task" of the woman to give birth to a child and produce offspring

I am honestly not sure if there is any record about homosexuality in the wild west though, but if they took the influence from the United Kingdom and the Renaissance, then it should be similar to what I described above.

Edited by Mas u Sees

I think Rockstar were trolling us with the October 2016 teasers giving fall 2017 release date was in fact the release date for the 2nd Trailer, if you consider that, they were accurate, even ahead of schedule....

I think Rockstar were trolling us with the October 2016 teasers giving fall 2017 release date was in fact the release date for the 2nd Trailer, if you consider that, they were accurate, even ahead of schedule....

Yeah i don't think so,we all doubted the 2017 release.

Edited by otachi

CantaloupDRMC

The intimate bondage between two men was still regarded as friendship and interestingly enough sexual activity between men was regarded as pure love and sex for loves sake, simply because it did not feature the "task" of the woman to give birth to a child and produce offspring

I am honestly not sure if there is any record about homosexuality in the wild west though, but if they took the influence from the United Kingdom and the Renaissance, then it should be similar to what I described above.

Brokeback Mountain buddy

• Like 1

OfficialTwiggz

Brokeback Mountain buddy

Never seen it, but didnt that NOT take place in the early 1900s, and more so as modern day ranchers? Lol

So is he gay with Dutch?

Brokeback Mountain buddy

Eh, the movie is based on a short story, who knows if the short story used actual historicly accurate info to base its characters and relations onto or if the author just wanted to convey a homosexual relationship in a western thing.(not that that would be a bad thing, just isn't R*s style to break the socio-historical background).

EDIT:

Well I did some research, and it turns out that during the western era, homosexuality, indeed was not a taboo.

As I stated in my first post, many men formed households and felt comfortable sleeping in the same bed. While some regarded those relationships as more intimate friendships, others indeed considered it love to each other.

As to RDR2, would certainly be interesting to see homosexuality make it into Red Dead Redemption 2, as it would be true to the historical setting as well.

I would just demand that it doesn't feel forced in, but I feel comfortable that R* could easily do it right.

Edited by Mas u Sees

lol, comment of the day

• Like 1

hahaha........oh, you're serious?

R* could implement homosexuality & it be a success. Depending on which way & extent

Edited by AredTarg

Meanwhile I managed to get my hands on a sealed copy of the RDR OST on vinyl, near mint condition, for a fifth of the price it goes around on ebay.

RgIcNec.jpg

M2w6xDj.jpg

Niice!

When I think Wild West, I think promiscuous men diddling each other's butts. It's where the "Wild" comes from, actually.

Meanwhile I managed to get my hands on a sealed copy of the RDR OST on vinyl, near mint condition, for a fifth of the price it goes around on ebay.

RgIcNec.jpg

M2w6xDj.jpg

I'm so jealous!

Ok, so this is my theory of how the game will start:

So we begin in the present day after John Marston is killed, Arthur Morgan arrives at Bechers Hope, Jack confronts him "who are you and watta hell you re doing my house" (pointing a gun at him). Morgan: "Little Jack is that you, you look like your father". "how is that old son of a bitch". Jack: ... Morgan: "sorry i forgot he was 6 feet underground" . Jack with an anger in his face... Morgan: "listen kid maybe when your mother¨s finished mourning your father, I´ll keep her in black on your behalf". Jack: "who... are... you". Morgan: "so John never mentioned me or... look kid you think your father had a tragic life... just wait when you hear mine".

Now the game take us to the past and we start Arthur Morgans journey

NOTE: DONT TAKE THIS TO SERIOUS, IS JUST A STUPID FAN-FICTION

hahaha........oh, you're serious?

Not really, I just wanted a few laughs, but you have to admit it sounds like bag, even though it's back

No he said bag Red Dead Redemption 2 is actually Bully 2

Dutch told Arthur to give him his lunch money or else he'd take his bag

Edited by Zello