2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

CantaloupDRMC

People have had enough for a while.

We'll start with the speculations again in October near November,when we go insane again as the 3 draught hits.

Oh man I really hope Rockstar will drop other news by then.

Edited by CantaloupDRMC

On the graphics front. I think they look amazing. In particular the fire, smoke, clouds and trees. The textures are fine. Heck even uncharted 4 had a few wonk textures up close and THAT'S a linear game. This is open world and looks like this?

The only part I can agree with graphics naysayers is the 2 scenes with a blurry smear which was when Morgan was riding the horse into town and when he jumped on top of the train. Very unlike R* to allow low quality scenes like that appear in a trailer. Which I feel like those things will be cleaned up before release anyway. 95% of what was shown looked phenomenal.

Also not the best cut R* trailer ever but It's still a fine one.

Edited by NYC PATROL
  • Like 2

Holland_Hicks

And just like that this thread is dead again lmao

They didn't give us enough to work with. This should've been the announcement trailer if you ask me.

Walter Tschanz

I'm calling BS on yall saying Arthur is in his 30s

he looks like he is in his 40s

red_dead_redemption_2_screencap_08_shake

Ugh. Look at the f*cking mouth on that guy. That's some straight up Mass Effect Andromeda animation right there.

Cutter De Blanc

After this scene Arthur dislocates his jaw and eats the man whole

• Like 3

Dick Justice

I have a feeling we'll get the release date before Playstation Experience on December 9th/10th. Rockstar uploaded two versions of the trailer on Youtube. One with Playstation branding and one without; the one shared by Playstation has 32 million views, while Rockstar's has 3 million. The fact that there is even a PS version of the trailer means that deal between them and Sony is still in full-swing. They'll definitely want to announce whatever that deal contains - as well as a special bundle - at a big event.

The next investor call is in November? Hopefully we get a release update before then.

damienrayemusic

Hi guys. Been working and writing a lot of music. Anyways, I have a new theory on RDR2 that I think is worth sharing. I know a lot of people think John kills arthur, but I think otherwise.. firstly, I think that the 1st trailer "when the time comes you gotta run and dont look back, this is over... IS Arthur saying this to John, before the heist gone wrong when John gets shot. On top of this, I think that Dutch asks "do you have my back" and arthur replies "always dutch" because this is a reference to when John left the gang, so Dutch questions everyones loyalty now. And finally, I'd go as far to say that Arthur is the one that shoots John! I think thats not only why he wasn't mentioned, but the last shot of the trailer (no pun intended) arthur shooting at the camera after talking to Dutch, I think thats him shooting Marston... thoughts?

Some people are saying that dutch's voice actor doesn't sound like Byron in the RDR 2 trailer, but troy baker

thoughts?

• Like 1

It does sound kinda diffrent maybe because he's supposed to be younger or the VA is just older.

• Like 1

It could be a different voice actor, RDR was released 7 years ago now and given it's development time it's likely been 8-9 years since those lines were recorded. It's possible that the guys and gals from back then weren't available to do it this time around.

I'd be surprised if it was Troy Baker though, GTA V's mocap and voice work was done over years and Baker's always seems to be in at least one or two major titles every year. Not sure he'd find the time, Rockstar don't seem too keen on working with more well known talent for whatever reason these days either.

Johnson Johnson

Some people are saying that dutch's voice actor doesn't sound like Byron in the RDR 2 trailer, but troy baker

thoughts?

It is the same

Edited by Johnson Johnson
  • Like 1

Dick Justice

That is the same voice actor. There is absolutely no doubt about it. I recognised it during my first watch of the trailer before Dutch is even seen, during the "ain't no such thing as civilised" line.

• Like 6

TheOriginalGunslinger

That is the same voice actor. There is absolutely no doubt about it. I recognised it during my first watch of the trailer before Dutch is even seen, during the "ain't no such thing as civilised" line.

Same. As soon as that line was spoke I instantly recognized his voice.

Anyone thinks the guy who says, "Your a wanted man, Mr. Morgan" is Edgar Ross? The voice sounds similar.

With the focus on the gang will we get a wild west version of Empire building?

• Like 1

Dick Justice

Anyone thinks the guy who says, "Your a wanted man, Mr. Morgan" is Edgar Ross? The voice sounds similar.

Maybe. If I were Rockstar, I'd want the least amount of returning antagonists as possible. The issue with prequels is a certain number of characters are invincible. We already know Dutch, John, Bill and Javier won't die. That doesn't matter so much. But Edgar Ross? The man was the main antagonist of the first game. If he's the same son of a bitch that you definitely want to kill, but know you won't... Well, that's just annoying.

Someone mentioned a few days back that the main antagonists might be Edgar Ross and Archer Fordham. Well, we both know they won't die. So that's dumb.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger

Could we be playing as the protagonist and antagonist at the same time? :O

Empire building could be interesting. We can buy the saloons, brothels, opium dens, and a mining company.

• Like 2

Johnson Johnson

Arthur, woman and native do you think all 3 are protags or just arthur?

no is a created character, Seth Briars and Irish and the game is gonna be called Red Dead Redemptiom II Legends of the West

Walter Tschanz

thoughts?

Don't listen to children, AND don't smoke crack.

Could the Max Payne 3 style gunplay (but revamped even more) in a Red Dead Redemption II open-world setting work? I'm not talking about shoot dodging and stuff but as some have mentioned with the way weapons are holstered and used that would be pretty cool. I know Max Payne 3 was a third-person shooter but the enemy AI was very nicely done (enemies flanking and trying to shoot you out of cover rather than just stay in one spot most of the time to name one).

Would be interesting!

Hope so. Max Payne 3 shootouts are the best.

• Like 1

LegacyKillaHD

I'm not exactly knowledgeable like some of you are on the technical aspect but wouldn't the voice recording sound much better from RDR to now which is why Dutch and maybe Edgar Ross (if he's the one saying "You're a wanted man Mr. Morgan") voices sound a bit different? Although I'm sure age could be a contributing factor.

Edited by LegacyKillaHD

I honestly don't think there would have been great improvements in sound recording technology from ~2009 to today, to make that great of a difference. Audio products from over 10-20 years ago are still very relevant today.

Example, this headphone is regarded as 'high end'.
https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-closed-Studio-Headphone/dp/B0016MNAAI/

"Date first available at Amazon.com June 16, 2004" This headphone is still highly recommended today, and doesn't look like that will change soon.

My guess is that the voice actors are changing their voices on purpose, because they're voicing a younger version of their characters.

Edited by IG_

OfficialTwiggz

So the first RDR with John and Bonnie riding into town on a wagon, John mentions that he owns a farm up in Great Plains, and Bonnie doesnt believe him. He then says Ive only been at it about three years or so, Im not very good at it

1911 - three years = 1908

Just something I noticed. Im really paying attention to character dialogue replaying this game.

So it took him two years to recover, and build his ranch since leaving the gang and being left to die in 1906.

Honestly, playing as Marston during the final ending of RDR2 would fit.

HOLY f*ck. What if Arthur tries to save John after Dutch shoots him, and then Dutch kills Arthur and leaves John to die?

I NEED THIS GAME.

But if you play as John after he's betrayed by the gang wouldn't he be lying low at that time? We'll be making him ride around causing chaos.

OfficialTwiggz

But if you play as John after he's betrayed by the gang wouldn't he be lying low at that time? We'll be making him ride around causing chaos.

Which is true. But if that leaker was correct, youd be doing a little bit of mini games, building up your farm, etc. but you are correct, you cant just run around town and shoot everyone (for lore purposes, of course)

Another fun fact, Wiki states that Johns Dad died IN a bar fight at eight years old. John states that his dad died at eight years old, BUT lost his sight in a bar fight in Chicago.

Edited by OfficialTwiggz

Which is true. But if that leaker was correct, youd be doing a little bit of mini games, building up your farm, etc. but you are correct, you cant just run around town and shoot everyone (for lore purposes, of course)

Screw Role Play, its freemode from then on

OfficialTwiggz

Screw Role Play, its freemode from then on

Im sure you and some others would appreciate that. Me, Im more in it for the story and lore purposes. But to each his own.