2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

a brief cameo from Abigail.

Abigail hot coffee scene confirmed! Maybe we'll finally see who Jack's real father is.

did anyone notice how arthur doesn't wear oither an ammo bandolier or a rifle holster throughout the majority of the trailer ,and at one point he's carrying a rifle in one hand while walking, maybe Max Payne 3 type inventory,who knows

QNHLzCF.jpg

• Like 6

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Form comfirmed The Legendary Super Cowboy Jin The Outlaw Race Parody :lol:

Yall notice the ground rock texture of when arthur asks the guy if he got money for him. Those ground rock textures look like sh*t.

Edited by Ajax-D
  • Like 1

Yall notice the rock texture of when arthur asks the guy if he got money for him. Those rock textures look like sh*t.

Dude r* games trailers allways are in-game and at the moment maybe its the quality for rock to run on consoles with sh*ty hardware ... for sure when game lunches it will have quality more than GTAV

Yall notice the rock texture of when arthur asks the guy if he got money for him. Those rock textures look like sh*t.

The games still going through a lot of changes and is going to stay like that for a while. R* takes time making their games. Look how gta V turned out? With time and patience RDR2 is going to be detailed to the last hair. Just wait. Once we play the actual game, then lets criticize at R* choices for messing up the textures. Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 1

PlayStation is involved with RDR2, so expect yourself to be single and pantsless for the rest of 2018, then its GTA 6 Hell Yeah Boii

TheOriginalGunslinger

Could the Max Payne 3 style gunplay (but revamped even more) in a Red Dead Redemption II open-world setting work? I'm not talking about shoot dodging and stuff but as some have mentioned with the way weapons are holstered and used that would be pretty cool. I know Max Payne 3 was a third-person shooter but the enemy AI was very nicely done (enemies flanking and trying to shoot you out of cover rather than just stay in one spot most of the time to name one).

Would be interesting!

I figured out who his voice reminds me of. Foghorn Leghorn.

"AH SAY AH SAY I SEEN YA NAME IN AH LEDGAH"

I think I need help I can't stop laughing at this

• Like 4

Edward Nashton

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say he's 38. It feels about right.

• Like 3

I can't unhear it now every time I watch the trailer

We're gonna need a game mod, where Arthur is replaced by a 3D Foghorn Leghorn. :p

Idro_Novenalen

Yall notice the ground rock texture of when arthur asks the guy if he got money for him. Those ground rock textures look like sh*t.

You can't expect full HD textures everywhere on consoles and in a vast open world like this. I'll take solid rock frame-rate and gameplay over enhanced graphics all the way

Maybe when your Mother's finished mourning your Father, I'll keep her in black. On your behalf. Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

Maybe when your community is finished enjoying the trailer, we'll keep them in the dark. On GTA's behalf. - R* Edited by D T

Maybe when your Mother's finished mourning your Father, I'll keep her in black. On your behalf. Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

Maybe when your community is finished enjoying the trailer, we'll keep them in the dark. On your behalf. - R*

ROFL :lol:

user posted image

Is anybody familiar with the accent of the woman seen at 1:04 in the trailer? I'm looking into something and it'd help me out.

edit: nevermind. Didn't work out.

Edited by Neudd

Maybe when your community is finished enjoying the trailer, we'll keep them in the dark. On GTA's behalf. - R*

I guess we'll keep enjoying the trailer then

I hope the animations are similar to that of Mafia 3's, hate the game all you want, it had some of the best animations I've seen in a shooter for a long time, GTA V's feel quite clunky these days and linear, Mafia's felt quite open and realistic, hope RDR2's are like that.

Hoping for a RDR Undead Nightmare II DLC, cant imagine how good looking killing zombies on next gen Rockstar style would be.!!

MostWantedMVP

I hope the animations are similar to that of Mafia 3's, hate the game all you want, it had some of the best animations I've seen in a shooter for a long time, GTA V's feel quite clunky these days and linear, Mafia's felt quite open and realistic, hope RDR2's are like that.

Rockstar use there own engine called RAGE. With the new hardware we're most likely to see a beefed up version of Max Payne 3's physics, which were phenomenal.

Hoping for a RDR Undead Nightmare II DLC, cant imagine how good looking killing zombies on next gen Rockstar style would be.!!

This would be nice for an October release next year, right in time for Halloween.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

You can't expect full HD textures everywhere on consoles and in a vast open world like this. I'll take solid rock frame-rate and gameplay over enhanced graphics all the way

This all the way! The vast world is what matters not some texutures.

Is it weird that I am getting 2 copies of RDR2, 1 digital, and 1 disk hopefully a collector edition if available. !!

People have had enough for a while.

We'll start with the speculations again in October near November,when we go insane again as the 3 draught hits.

Another voice actor/actress related find.

I’ve found even more information that now directly links actor Roger Clark (Arthur?) and several other actors/actresses to Rockstar and RDR2.

Roger Clark (who I first linked to RDR2 through the voice actors of characters in RDR that we now know are back in RDR2) is also friends online with several Rockstar Games developers who work on the motion capture, audio and animation. One of the developers even mentions how they work directly with the actors on the motion capture. So yeah, a pretty big giveaway as to their involvement with Rockstar and the game.

At the request of GTAForums mods who can verify this information (Spider-Vice), I’ve partially removed the name of the Rockstar developer and won't be directly linking to profiles. If you decide to look into this yourself I ask that you take similar precautions.

EpmyYO7.png

You can see here that Roger is friends with one of the developers. This is also the same for several other actors/actresses we’ve looked at being directly linked with Rockstar and each other, giving us a growing group of actors/actresses most likely to be involved with RDR2.

These are all the online connections between the 3 Rockstar developers I’ve looked at and all actors/actresses so far found by myself and other GTAForums members:

Rockstar Dev 1Animator who also works with the actors on motion capture.

• Online connections with – Rockerstar Dev 2 & 3, Roger Clark, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins

Rockstar Dev 2Motion capture audio engineer.

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 3, Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Noshir Dalal, Harron Atkins

Rockstar Dev 3 – Something to do with animation.

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Cali Moore

Roger ClarkResume - Audio sample 1 - Audio sample 2 -

- Audio sample 4
  • Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Rob Wiethoff – as John Marston in RDR, likely to return in RDR2.

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 2, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore

Benjamin Byron Davis – as Dutch Van Der Linde in RDR, will return in RDR2.

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Steve J Palmer, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Steve J Palmer – as Bill Williamson in RDR, likely to return in RDR2.

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Noshir DalalWorking mocap on an unreleased game under NDA for 2.5 years as a major character. - Resume 1 - Resume 2 - Showreels

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2 & 3, Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Steve J Palmer, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist

Lindsay PerryWorked with Rockstar before (GTA V), has on her resume worked on unreleased Rockstar game. - Resume - Showreel

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 3, Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore

Harron AtkinsIMDb -

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 1 & 2, Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Kaili Vernoff

Cali MooreIMDb -

• Online connections with – Rockstar Dev 3, Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Gabriel Sloyer CeronWorked with Rockstar before (GTA V). - IMDb - Showreel

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Lindsay Perry, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Peter Blomquist, Kaili Vernoff

Peter BlomquistWorked with Rockstar before (LA Noire), IMDb

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Noshir Dalal, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Kaili Vernoff

Kaili VernoffIMDb

• Online connections with – Roger Clark, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Harron Atkins, Cali Moore, Gabriel Sloyer Ceron, Peter Blomquist

To me, those directly linked with Rockstar developers are all but confirmed by Rockstar themselves to be involved with RDR2. I think there’s more than enough connections between the other actors/actresses that aren’t directly linked with Rockstar to show their involvement as well. However, until we get official confirmation or further proof - remain somewhat hesitant.

What this all means - recording motion capture/audio for the game is something that can take multiple years for big projects like RDR2, more than enough time for actors/actresses portraying main characters to befriend each other as well as the Rockstar developers that they spend time with recording motion capture and audio. Noshir Dalal has down on his resume that he’s been working mocap on a game under NDA as a major character for over 2.5 years so far!

These connections could show potential interactions between the characters they portray in-game as they could've recording scenes together. I’d like to mention that just because they’re connected online, it doesn’t 100% guarantee their interaction in-game and the same can be said for the other way around - these are just online connections, actors/actresses listed here may have worked with each other and just not added each other online.

I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced, but as of now I’d say Roger Clark is the most likely found to be portraying Arthur, based on his somewhat similar appearance (recent R* games have a striking similarity between actors and the in-game models) and vocal resemblance - we just need to hear him with a strong accent like Arthur...

As for who the other actors/actresses could be portraying, we’ll just have to wait for more information to look at and compare them to.