2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Holland_Hicks

I know someone already brought this up, but I kind of hope there's a limit to how many weapons you can carry at a time. I'd like something like Max Payne 3, where you carry two revolvers and a long gun. I know this is quite limiting in an open world game, so maybe they can at least do it like GTA IV where you still carry an arsenal of weapons, but it's limited to a specific tier.

Something like one weapon from each tier?

Exactly.

Let's hope it's not like V I don't want Arthur making a deal with the feds to kill Dutch on a heist that goes bad. Please no

Some people have already speculated that Arthur is the Pinkerton agent who has infiltrated the gang.

So here’s my most recent find, voice actress Lindsay Perry.

EUFjssv.png

She’s worked with Rockstar before appearing in GTA V as the voice actress for a minor character named Jane.

On her resume she’s got down that she's also worked with Rockstar on an unreleased game under NDA…

4OETm4O.png

Things got interesting when I realised that she’s friends online with other actors/actresses we’ve looked at in the past and have speculated on their involvement with RDR2:

• Benjamin Byron Davis - Dutch - will be in RDR2.

• Cali Moore - is friends online with the voice actors of characters in RDR (John Marston, Dutch & Bill Williamson) as well as the other actors linked with them (including Roger Clark & Noshir Dalal).

I'm pretty sure these guys as well as the other actors/actresses we've looked at are involved with RDR2. For everything else found so far on voice actors/actresses among other finds; check out the RDR2 treasure hunt thread to catch up.

I'm going to keep looking and see if I can find anything else.

• Like 17

Someone mentioned that they can't wait to see the improved RAGE engine and physics.

My gut's telling me that it will be exactly like GTA V,because many reports were saying that thank to the RAGE(or euphoria I dunno wtf and which one exxactly) the game was unstable,and was very hard to programm to work correctly.

i hope my gut's wrong though.

Holland_Hicks

Someone mentioned that they can't wait to see the improved RAGE engine and physics.

My gut's telling me that it will be exactly like GTA V,because many reports were saying that thank to the RAGE(or euphoria I dunno wtf and which one exxactly) the game was unstable,and was very hard to programm to work correctly.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game is seeing developmental problems at this point. Something tells me we'll be playing this game in summer 2018 at the earliest. Care to share these "reports?"

They don't simplify anything, RAGE was a problematic engine in its inception when Rockstar got it from Angel Studios, but it has matured immensely since. It had issues with RDR and GTA IV, but as I said, because this is their own engine, and they have dozens if not a 100 engine programmers, they can do whatever they want and fix all the issues, which they have since Max Payne 3. Every game engine has its quirks, of course, but RAGE isn't the unstable thing it was ages ago. In fact, I think the next-gen version of RAGE is the best so far, and they'll ojnly keep improving.

Edited by Spider-Vice

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

They don't simplify anything, RAGE was a problematic engine in its inception when Rockstar got it from Angel Studios, but it has matured immensely since. It had issues with RDR and GTA IV, but as I said, because this is their own engine, and they have dozens if not a 100 engine programmers, they can do whatever they want and fix all the issues, which they have since Max Payne 3. Every game engine has its quirks, of course, but RAGE isn't the unstable thing it was ages ago. In fact, I think the next-gen version of RAGE is the best so far, and they'll ojnly keep improving.

Oh,thanks for the info.

But if it is so,then why(in your opinion) have the physics been dumbed down in GTA V?I really never understood that,considering some people modified it on 360 and PS3 to return it back to GTA 4 days?

What happened then?Any ideas?

The game supports "better" physics animations anyway if you change some values, so it doesn't have to do with the engine. I reckon that was a design decision, not an engine limitation. A questionable decision, but definitely not to do with the engine.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 6

Lol, it's no longer Red Dead Redemption 2. It's Red Dead Redemption II.

Rockstar still types it as Red Dead Redemption 2 everywhere except the logo. Looks like they're going to have it both ways.

• Like 1

Lol, it's no longer Red Dead Redemption 2. It's Red Dead Redemption II.

Rockstar still types it as Red Dead Redemption 2 everywhere except the logo. Looks like they're going to have it both ways.

And we'll also be using both forms. RDR2 on the forum title, RDRII on the forum description.

Okay now it's all coming together. I've just found a direct link between these voice actors/actresses and Rockstar. Going to look into it more before posting directly in case they remove anything after I post.

BaileyPoints

Oh,thanks for the info.

But if it is so,then why(in your opinion) have the physics been dumbed down in GTA V?I really never understood that,considering some people modified it on 360 and PS3 to return it back to GTA 4 days?

What happened then?Any ideas?

It's probably not been "dumbed" down, but a matter of choice. GTA V has improved physics just not as silly as GTA IV was.

I'd disagree,I think GTA V's physics are more silly(sorry,I didn't mention,I talk mostly about the character physics,regarding bodies,not cars).

And something else.I don't like how they changed the 2 to numerals.Seem very similiar to Mafia 2 Logo.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I figured out who his voice reminds me of. Foghorn Leghorn.

"AH SAY AH SAY I SEEN YA NAME IN AH LEDGAH"

Indeed. I'm having fun trying to make a parody of this accent, but it's already so over the top that the best I can do is imitate it.

So, for a few days, rather than car-singing, I'm reciting some of the lines in this trailer, while I drive around, for entertainment.

"Ya'got some moneh for me, boih?"

"Seen yore name in ah led-jah."

"You're a waanted maan, Mr. Dickhead."

"WHERE'S AH MONEH??!!"

and so on...

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger

I'd disagree,I think GTA V's physics are more silly(sorry,I didn't mention,I talk mostly about the character physics,regarding bodies,not cars).

And something else.I don't like how they changed the 2 to numerals.Seem very similiar to Mafia 2 Logo.

maxresdefault.jpg

Should they put a cowboy in the middle of the logo instead of a gangster? :p Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

The game supports "better" physics animations anyway if you change some values, so it doesn't have to do with the engine. I reckon that was a design decision, not an engine limitation. A questionable decision, but definitely not to do with the engine.

Oh my god this!

I'm so sick of the meme saying GTA V has "worse" physics. GTA V is simply a different "design choice". For a lack of better description- GTA IV is more "loose", GTA V is more "sticky"

It's a roman numeral, how else can it be different from Mafia's roman numeral? :p

• Like 2

Holland_Hicks

Say what you want about the physics in GTA V, but they're still a thousand times better than most other games. Some games I feel like I'm shooting mannequins made out of paper mache. It all just feels very weightless.

• Like 2

So I found this video lol.Was pretty fun,descriptive of the forum when we were hit with the info-draught.

Say what you want about the physics in GTA V, but they're still a thousand times better than most other games. Some games I feel like I'm shooting mannequins made out of paper mache. It all just feels very weightless.

If this is true, you should consider buying some glasses that will make your eyesight better.

The physics in both IV and V were grate. Want to see those RDR2 ones and how they turn out. Hope it's a little improved over V's physics tbh. Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 1

I figured out who his voice reminds me of. Foghorn Leghorn.

"AH SAY AH SAY I SEEN YA NAME IN AH LEDGAH"

Indeed. I'm having fun trying to make a parody of this accent, but it's already so over the top that the best I can do is imitate it.

So, for a few days, rather than car-singing, I'm reciting some of the lines in this trailer, while I drive around, for entertainment.

"Ya'got some moneh for me, boih?"

"Seen yore name in ah led-jah."

"You're a waanted maan, Mr. Dickhead."

"WHERE'S AH MONEH??!!"

and so on...

When the game is released, someone needs to make a soundboard of all the lines that he says.

Holland_Hicks

If this is true, you should consider buying some glasses that will make your eyesight better.

Name a game that's released since GTA V that has better physics. I'll wait.

• Like 4

Dying Light ofcourse. That game was a banger. For example, Dying Light Run Boy Run Trailer

Edited by MojoGamer

LegacyKillaHD

Most people say Watch Dogs 2 yet they don't realize the mediocre Watch Dogs 1 was the first attempt by Ubisoft to make there own GTA game....also Watch Dogs 2 still doesn't compare to GTA 5....in all aspects

Something tells me we gonna play this game in Spring,but without the polish R* are known for.If I recall corectly,I have not seen one glitch or bug in the SP of GTA V at release.

What? What happened with RDR1 was in 2008-2009 and it was due to strenuous working conditions and constant decisional changes from management. RAGE is just fine nowadays and the trailer shows a very clear evolution since GTA V. RAGE is a very mature engine now. Plus, I don't know what that has to do with anything, when RAGE is their own engine and they can do everything they want to it every day, fix stuff, whatever not. It's not "hard to program" for them when they *own* the engine.

Weren't there reports that the game was called ''unstable and everything was ready to explode any minute(took from a interview on a site about engines I think,it was posted here in july I think)?And also reports that Benz was the one who mad everything work at the last minute thus saving everything?(took from a YT-er named ACG in a recent podcast).

So with that in mind,I thought that they specifically simplified RAGE for GTA V,making it easier to work with and also port the game on PC &NEXT GET(considering they have very much the same structure).

I really would like to talk about it,I like those kinds of topics.

Would love if Vice would share some info or something.

I've talked with ACG or Jeremy he was just going based off of what written in the lawsuit that The Benz filed, nothing more.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

I was looking through the trailer again, and i didn't find the below unknown rider to seem native american. Then i started searching and found that they could be old west desperado style pants, on top of the rider wearing what looks like a pancho. what you guys think?is

1zwlx53.jpg

• Like 4

I was looking through the trailer again, and i didn't find the below unknown rider to seem native american. Then i started searching and found that they could be old west desperado style pants, on top of the rider wearing what looks like a pancho. what you guys think?is

I think there are a couple of versions of Dutch's gang.

There will be Dutch's gang before Arthur joins and then the gang while Arthur is in the gang.

Near the end of the game, Dutch's gang will split and Bill's gang will be formed.

I expect John, Dutch, and Bill to be the only people from RDR that return beyond a brief cameo from Abigail.

Who knows!

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Seeing the the frames of Morgan walking through the swamp, I really hope we could at least swim this time. I don't care if it isnt underwater, as long its on the surface of the water.

• Like 2