2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

I don't think John will be in RDR 2, Rob Whiethoff is retired, isn't he?

As a side character he would have much less dialouge. Money talks, I can assure you he did/would talk into a microphone for the right amount of cash.

Actually, it's pretty likely he's voicing John again, there was an interview a few years back where he mentioned he'd probably work with R* again given the chance.

Edited by Mr. Scratch

I hope they don't give us anymore story trailers. We got a perfect amount of the story in the latest trailer. I just wish we could've seen more action scenes from the trailer, like what the physics and blood will look like.

Yeah and what about the AI; like did they managed to surpasse the NPC's behavior, the living world ?

i.e the guy cutting chickens in Armadillo, a while after, he's taking a break smoking a cigarette bought from Herbert Moon store.

He's going back to work until the sun goes dawn, then after that, he's going to play poker until 11oclock.

And finishing his NPC routine by drinking at the bar, and falling down outside in the mud drunk.

And also the animals AI...

On top of this is one of the most detailed wildlife simulations seen outside of a Nature/Hunting game, featuring animals that reason about hunger, thirst, and threats to themselves. And there's still Euphoria, our personality-based combat AI, and all the unique player horse AI left to mention.

We have over 800 unique character models, each with a unique voice. Over 200 of these have full 24 hour schedules governing their daily life in the world. Each NPC is running a behavior tree no dummy FSM's for background pedestrians. This allows them to context switch very rapidly, which is necessary with how dynamic the world is. There are personality profiles that extend across game mode a character who behaves recklessly when facing aggression from the player or another NPC is likely to also play Poker recklessly.

http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial/2010-awards-results/

And as you said, the ragdoll and blood;

Edited by anthony
  • Like 7

Sooooo.... When can we expect more stuff? December? I can't stop watching the trailer over and over.

I think october will be month for GTA:o stuff and some info / gamplay trailer for L.A. Noire and after 14th november we can expect some screenshots just to stay tunned and in December GI cover...

I wonder that too. Golden weapons could make an appearance again. I'm not sure how mod-able/moddable guns from the Old West are, I'm not a gun guy, but I'd imagine it would be somewhat limited either from weaponsmiths not making attachments due to no demand of the market or prices being too high. I doubt a cowboy would request a heavy caliber or a zoom scope. Just a straight six-shooter and a holster, right?

If you were wealthy back then, you could have your guns and holsters engraved with ornate designs. You could even have your name, or just your initials, engraved onto the gun. Since ivory wasn't illegal around the time that RDR2 takes place, you could even have ivory handles (i don't know the terms for every part of the gun) for your guns. If you were wealthy back then, there's a lot that you could have done to your guns to make them more your own.

What always bothered me about the gold weapons in RDR1 is that they were highly unrealistic. Gold isn't a strong enough metal to handle the kind of forces that are created when you fire a bullet out of a gun. The gun would immediately crack, fracture, or explode upon firing that first bullet and it would either seriously injure you or kill you.

Holland_Hicks

I know someone already brought this up, but I kind of hope there's a limit to how many weapons you can carry at a time. I'd like something like Max Payne 3, where you carry two revolvers and a long gun. I know this is quite limiting in an open world game, so maybe they can at least do it like GTA IV where you still carry an arsenal of weapons, but it's limited to a specific tier.

Lol i actually feel like we still don't know sh*t about the game. So yeah theres 1 protag, and it's a prequel. Ok. What about the things we are able to do in the game? RDR is 50% story and 50% gameplay for me.

• Like 2

I know someone already brought this up, but I kind of hope there's a limit to how many weapons you can carry at a time. I'd like something like Max Payne 3, where you carry two revolvers and a long gun. I know this is quite limiting in an open world game, so maybe they can at least do it like GTA IV where you still carry an arsenal of weapons, but it's limited to a specific tier.

Something like one weapon from each tier?
  • Like 2

CantaloupDRMC

I wouldn't mind, nobody uses all weapons anyway

• Like 1

It could be like Max Payne 3 with weapons,

I notice in the screenshot a few months ago Arthur has a rifle on his back, now in the second trailer in most scenes he doesn't

When the bank vaults blow he is carrying a rifle like in Max Payne 3 when a pistol is equipped in the other hand

Maybe because there is no rifle on his back because he isn't carrying one

In RDR in the first and second mission, John doesn't have a rifle and isn't therefore on his back. Once you have a rifle it is always on his back

• Like 1

Anyway, I want the option to drop weapons like in GTA O, you couldn't do in GTA V which was strange

Or you can 'store weapons' in your 'campsite' and select which ones to have in your weapon wheel, similar to the weapon safe in GTA O

I don't want to have 5 to 10 different weapons in each weapon section. One in each is just fine, in GTA O I have 1 in each, but 2 different explosives & 2 heavy guns (minigun and homing launcher)

Edited by B_E_N_1992
  • Like 1

I found some more minor voice actor/actress related stuff earlier, will post my findings in a couple of hours when I get back home.

Edited by Neudd
  • Like 6

GTA V story plot; To survive, they have to set up and pull off a series of increasingly audacious heists.

RDR II story plot; They rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.

Edited by B_E_N_1992
  • Like 2

Let's hope it's not like V I don't want Arthur making a deal with the feds to kill Dutch on a heist that goes bad. Please no

• Like 1

MostWantedMVP

Can't wait to see the updated engine in action. I think it'll be a huge step from Red Dead Redemption.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Who here is hoping for some crazy thick fog effects in the game? Had that thought today.

Imagine, it's the early morning hours, and you're riding on horseback through the thick Forrest, lantern in hand, as a thick layer of fog slowly rolls in...you hear a sharp Yelp in the distance, a scream of complete terror. You dismount your horse, grab your rifle and begin your slow descent into the thick labyrinth of fog before you. you're getting ever more closer to the cries now, which have become ever more somber and silent, like a disobedient dogs cowardly whimper. You take notice of the fur that is gliding through the air, glistening in the in the thin Rays of sunshine that pierce through the thick fog. Raising the rifle to your shoulder you spot the outline of a deer creeping it's way into your eyesight, it takes seconds for you to realize it's limping, a crudely torn wound of hanging flesh resembling that of a Roman numeral "III" covers his side. As he falls to the ground you can't help but wonder what manner of beast could inflict such damage to this poor creature. Your imagination needn't wonder far. A deep guttural growl slices it's way through your ear drum... You regretfully recognize its soulless echo: A black bear. there's only one problem: it's coming from right behind you!

To be continued: Spring, 2018

Sorry for the long post. My imagination runs wild sometimes. In any case, this is the kind of immersion and atmosphere I'm expecting and usually get from R*

I thought you were gonna say skinwalker
Skinwalker? I have no idea what you mean. Did you mean sky walker? Lmao

Native American legend bro

I like how R* went back to edit the "II" in the first reveal trailer. It does look better with the Roman numerals as others have mentioned. So, I agree.

https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/11600

Yeap, I noticed that too. Not sure if they did this before, but they are keeping consistency with their promotional content on their website.

They also edited it to say Spring 2018 months back when it was delayed to Spring 18.

• Like 1

I hope theres a native american trading post where you can buy your bow and arrows, and more stuff related to native americans, even outfits, and hats.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

See this is why i cannot wait for Red dead Online. Im sure it will be cool playing as Mr Morgan but..I want to play a NATIVE AMERICAN! In some way, shape or form i have to scalp a muhf*cka idgaf! Hopefully in the next RD the main protag could be a Native American or Mexican.

I like how R* went back to edit the "II" in the first reveal trailer. It does look better with the Roman numerals as others have mentioned. So, I agree.

Yeap, I noticed that too. Not sure if they did this before, but they are keeping consistency with their promotional content on their website.

They also edited it to say Spring 2018 months back when it was delayed to Spring 18.

I still have the original version of the first trailer saved on my flash drive. It still has the '2' in the title and it says "Fall 2017" at the end of the video. I guess I'll keep it for novelty sakes now.

He said he missed working with R* a few years ago though. Doubt he'd say no to a few lines.

He said he missed working with R* a few years ago though. Doubt he'd say no to a few lines.He said something a long the line of that he wouldn't mind working with them again.

Spaghetti Cat

Pick it off a dead body, sheesh. I would welcome a return to realism, but then again we might get the railgun as a pre-order bonus...who knows. :p

E:

WHOOPS responding to a previous page...hello all!

Edited by Spaghetti Cat

No Image Available

Rockstar Vienna

How can you post images in this section ?

Just click on the little "Image" icon in your comment bar and copy the url of the image into it.

I still have the original version of the first trailer saved on my flash drive. It still has the '2' in the title and it says "Fall 2017" at the end of the video. I guess I'll keep it for novelty sakes now.

It's on Youtube too :p

Edited by IG_

How can you post images in this section ?

Just click on the little "Image" icon in your comment bar and copy the url of the image into it.

Ok thanks, any extension ?. I tried jpg, jpeg and pdf, but the image seems to not show. The image is a edited screenshot from Rockstars homepage

GTA V story plot; To survive, they have to set up and pull off a series of increasingly audacious heists.

RDR II story plot; They rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.

It's almost like most R* games have a similar theme about moral choices!

Eh, I'm fine with the typical Wild West storyline. Not too original to be part of a gang. Quote me when the game comes out that at one point a gang member will cross us and Dutch will order us to kill the rat.

As for pic posting right-click on it and "Copy Image Location", I believe. That usually does the trick. Put the image location into that picture square mentioned earlier. There's a pic tutorial somewhere...will try to find it if you need it.

Edited by livejoker

It's almost like most R* games have a similar theme about moral choices!

Eh, I'm fine with the typical Wild West storyline. Not too original to be part of a gang. Quote me when the game comes out that at one point a gang member will cross us and Dutch will order us to kill the rat.

As for pic posting right-click on it and "Copy Image Location", I believe. That usually does the trick. Put the image location into that picture square mentioned earlier. There's a pic tutorial somewhere...will try to find it if you need it.

Thanks, but you can't right click on a Mac..

Spaghetti Cat

Control Click Dawg

E: yes it's a new page, yes the above post makes no sense in context. DEAL WITH IT

Edited by Spaghetti Cat

No Image Available