2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Saintraw,yeah there is nothing to discuss here.

The trailer didn't bring much,i mean look at the rdr section,it's empty.

Indeed, already almost back to ghost town mode. Rockstar marketing can beat their chest and claim "Mission Accomplished." They gave us some nice facial animations, glimpse at a couple of characters, and a couple of funny-looking horses. And kept us guessing and frustrated on the things that matter.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting that video; we were all hungry for any insight. Rockstar makes sure we don't get any, for months at a time.

They're trying to get us to speculate ourselves into a frenzy, like we did for the long, painful GTAV droughts. But we're too burned out for that, now. And they're holding back so much, we're deprived of a decent foothold.

I don't know about others, but now that I see Rockstar's pattern so clearly, it reduces my hype, reduces my enjoyment of anticipation. They'll still get my $60 on day of release, and that's all they care about. Fan happiness for its own sake doesn't pay dividends to shareholders.

Edited by saintsrow

-snip-

This analysis video is almost entirely speculation, full of "probably" and "possibly" disclaimers, since yet again, Rockstar manages to give us a trailer with nice pictures and no, or misleading, information.

I think this disillusionment is seen in that the hype decay time is much faster than in the past, already dying off. We're getting tired of this misleading, ambiguous crap.

So all we have is speculation. Given that, I can make a simpler RDR2 trailer analysis statement, that doesn't take 13 minutes to watch. Specifically, it says: "We watched every frame of this trailer, and we still don't know sh*t about the game. Thanks, Rockstar."

If anything the hype is stronger than ever going by the amount of views the trailer has on Youtube, as it's already exceeding the amount of views of some of the GTA 5 trailers in just a few days and how the internet has gone full speculation mode after the trailer dropped (which is pretty much always the case with Rockstar trailers).

Rockstar has always made trailers like this: enough is shown to peak people's interest, but not too much to spoil things. I prefer that over a trailer that spells out everything for the viewer and leaves very little to the imagination. This way we get confirmation on a few new gameplay mechanics (dual wielding, bow and arrow, etc), the settings and timeline (swamps, snow, mountains, phones being shown, etc) and the story (it's a prequel, Dutch, Bill, the Van der Linde gang are present) but there's still enough left for the player to discover by themselves.

''We don't know sh*t about the game'' is bull if you ask me. The difference between what we knew about the game after trailer 1 and trailer 2 is night and day, because if you did watch every frame of the trailer you'll know that we know a lot more about the game now than before and for Rockstar to squeeze that all that information in a 1 minute and 30 seconds trailer is pretty impressive.

Edited by Matrelith
  • Like 3

Indeed, already almost back to ghost town mode. Rockstar marketing can beat their chest and claim "Mission Accomplished." They gave us some nice facial animations, glimpse at a couple of characters, and a couple of funny-looking horses. And kept us guessing and frustrated on he things that matter.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting that video; we were all hungry for any insight. Rockstar makes sure we don't get any, for months at a time.

They're trying to get us to speculate ourselves into a frenzy, like we did for the long, painful GTAV droughts. But we're too burned out for that, now. And they're holding back so much, we're deprived of a decent foothold.

I don't know about others, but now that I see Rockstar's pattern so clearly, it reduces my hype, reduces my enjoyment of anticipation. They'll still get my $60 on day of release, and that's all they care about. Fan happiness for its own sake doesn't pay dividends to shareholders.

and why would you choose that world view?

I dunno man,their marketing is really bad(from a fan perspective).

Will it hurt to announce a game 6 months prior to release,knowing that you will get it in time?

Fallout 4 did the same thing,and while the game was not great,the hype leading to it was great and fans didn't have to wait long.

Why can't R* announce the same way?

Lol if I'm not mistaken,they were supposes to announce it at E3 2016,but because of some club shoot-out thing they decided not to.

Do you imagine how awful it would be if they announced it in 2016?

TRIGGER WARNING TRIGGER WARNING

IM WARNING YOU ,YOU'LL GET TRIGGERED

do you guys think they they should include racism

RDR was really tamed in that regard ,and really the only rockstar game that acknowledged racism ,at least, was TLAD,

I wouldn't mind racism,especially since rdr2 takes place before rdr so they have no excuse to exclude this element of american history

to me it would just be a more genuine experience.what do you guys think?

Johnson Johnson

Will it hurt to announce a game 6 months prior to release,knowing that you will get it in time?

Fallout 4 did the same thing,and while the game was not great,the hype leading to it was great and fans didn't have to wait long.

Lol if I'm not mistaken,they were supposes to announce it at E3 2016,but because of some club shoot-out thing they decided not to.

they announced in 2016

Indeed, already almost back to ghost town mode. Rockstar marketing can beat their chest and claim "Mission Accomplished." They gave us some nice facial animations, glimpse at a couple of characters, and a couple of funny-looking horses. And kept us guessing and frustrated on he things that matter.

and why would you choose that world view?

Take 2 don't pay dividends to shareholders...

RDR was really tamed in that regard ,and really the only rockstar game that acknowledged racism ,at least, was TLAD,

I wouldn't mind racism,especially since rdr2 takes place before rdr so they have no excuse to exclude this element of american history

Yes, I'm sure we will hear the N word multiple times

Yes, I'm sure we will hear the N word multiple times

Great,I wanna be disgusted.

"Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation systems."

Does this means it will launch on PS4 Pro too?

Edited by C4R3ON

you can be sure that there will be upgraded version from release on for XBOX One X and PS4 Pro. If there wouldn't they can already prepare for the sh*tstorm

Does anyone else think we'll get to play out the botched ferry job that John got injured in, also if the women from the trailer who only trusts Morgan is Heidi McCort then we'll know how she ends up

Of course they should include racism, would be strange otherwise.

The Notorious MOB

Do you think a younger West Dickens could make an appearance? Can't really remember when he said he arrived from England or if he said that at all

I really hope they don't go overboard with the cameos but knowing Rockstar we'll get nothing but fan service :(

Of course it will launch on PS4 Pro.

Indeed, already almost back to ghost town mode. Rockstar marketing can beat their chest and claim "Mission Accomplished." They gave us some nice facial animations, glimpse at a couple of characters, and a couple of funny-looking horses. And kept us guessing and frustrated on the things that matter.

They are? They know fans will speculate and analyse of course, but they're at no fault for people getting upset when we don't have enough to speculate about or analyse. Be realistic here, they typically don't reveal much of the game pre-release anyway, and you're expecting bountiful amounts of information this far from release?

Some people in this forum are getting them selves far too hyped up for a game that's still 6-7 months away, pace your selves fellas, it'll be worth the wait but there's no reason to get your selves upset about the marketing when it hasn't even begun yet...

Your idea of marketing simply doesn't work.

They could reveal to us their entire game concept, the story composition and the map, but that would take away from the hype, for most if not all of the people.

I personally really do enjoy these Trailers, as I know that they are made from in-game footage(so I will be able to play the game "like in the Trailers" essentially, as with every Rockstar Game) and also because they are so well shot and composite that they are just eye-candy to watch and hear.

I could keep watching this Trailer the entire day and I honestly wouldn't get bored, because everything is just so well made, and thought out, like a movie, everything is "perfect" and there for a reason. The transitions, the camera angles, the dialouge and the music.

Edited by Mas u Sees

You got som mone fo me bwoi?

I seen your name in our ledger

You're a wanted man Mr. Morgan.

Edited by Good Hombre

Dude we already know you love the dialogue in the trailer but don't go on spamming and double/triple posting just for it.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

I don't think John will be in RDR 2, Rob Whiethoff is retired, isn't he?

Edited by Good Hombre

I don't think John will be in RDR 2, Rob Whiethoff is retired, isn't he?

As a side character he would have much less dialouge. Money talks, I can assure you he did/would talk into a microphone for the right amount of cash.

I don't think John will be in RDR 2.

While he may not make an appearance, there'll be some sort of reference to him maybe.

0rTqlCW.png

i5 10400F • MSI Z490-A PRO • XPG 16GB DDR4 3000MHz •

MSI RX 570 4GB • NZXT H510 • Cooler Master MWE 650 V2

You got som mone fo me bwoi?

I seen your name in our ledger

You're a wanted man Mr. Morgan.

Maybe when your Mother's finished mourning your Father, I'll keep her black. On your behalf. Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

Edited by B_E_N_1992
  • Like 2

Sooooo.... When can we expect more stuff? December? I can't stop watching the trailer over and over.

• Like 3

Sooooo.... When can we expect more stuff? December? I can't stop watching the trailer over and over.

November hopefully.

November hopefully.

Yeah that would make sense. 6 months before the game's release is when the marketing really starts (assuming RDR2 is going to be released in May, i'm sure that's the case)

Edited by DisCrafted

That bar shooting E3 rumor was complete BS. They were never going to show a trailer at E3.

• Like 4

Holland_Hicks

I hope they don't give us anymore story trailers. We got a perfect amount of the story in the latest trailer. I just wish we could've seen more action scenes from the trailer, like what the physics and blood will look like.