2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

About the blond girl,here's a plausible answer i found for her

From a youtube comment:

"I think the blonde girl is Heidi McCourt, the unseen character who got shot in the head in a ferry heist by Dutch

it was explained by the strange dude in RDR 1 This is what he said "She was a girl Dutch van der Linde shot in the head on that raid on the ferry a few years back. Same one you got shot on. Pretty girl... until her eye was hanging out by a tendon, and her brain was plastered over a wall."

I never really got the impression that girl was part of the gang going by that quote. I always interpreted it as Dutch killing a civilian when it wasn't needed, showcasing Dutch getting more ruthless and his descend into madness (madness in the sense of his mental state in RDR1).

Thats what i got out of it too, probably in the same situation when dutch's gang robs the bank in blackwater and shoots that girl in the head to escape

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Is it possible that their could be some cusotmization of Arthur's face, racial skintone, ears, hair etc. etc. essentially making our avatar "Arthur Morgan"? just a thought i had

Umm...if its a set character built from scratch by R* and molded by them then why would they make us be able to change his facial features to such an extent?

• Like 2

Just saw red dead 2 trailer - was f*cking good ..

only the name is stupid - Red Dead f*cking Redemption 2

but is it gonna be real singleplayer game or only some online bullsh*t?

Synthetic_Soul

Is it possible that their could be some cusotmization of Arthur's face, racial skintone, ears, hair etc. etc. essentially making our avatar "Arthur Morgan"? just a thought i had

Nah, I don't think so. Not sure why so many people wanted/expected this it's not what R* does its a lot harder to write a great story around a created character. I think at the most we'll se a facial hair system/barber and maybe a real-time hair growth system like the witcher 3...that'd be awesome enough in my opinion.

so is RDR2 Rockstar's first game set before the 20th century?

No I believe red dead revolver was.

• Like 2

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Im telling you, the Native Americans haven't been seen uet, but i believe they could play apart of the survival aspect of the game. Especially with ties to the buffalo.. Being on the run, im telling you Morgan will have to kill and cook what he kills.

Edited by highzman420
  • Like 3

Synthetic_Soul

Im telling you, the Native Americans haven't been seen uet, but i believe they could play apart survival aspect of the game. Especially with ties to the buffalo.. Being on the run, im telling you Morgan will have to kill and cook what he kills.

People included? Lmfao cannibalism FTW...hey RDR had em.

Im telling you, the Native Americans haven't been seen uet, but i believe they could play apart survival aspect of the game. Especially with ties to the buffalo.. Being on the run, im telling you Morgan will have to kill and cook what he kills.

People included? Lmfao cannibalism FTW...hey RDR had em.Was thinking the same thing. If we can skin animals why not people too?
  • Like 1

J.Dillinger Blackheart

If able to play as a Native American i wouldn't knock it. Natives were very savage people, they would skin you, scalp you, mutilate you etc. Bonnie McFarlane's father speaks on the Natives being "Tough people" i hope players get to experience what he means by that.

If able to play as a Native American i wouldn't knock it. Natives were very savage people, they would skin you, scalp you, mutilate you etc. Bonnie McFarlane's father speaks on the Natives being "Tough people" i hope players get to experience what he means by that.

If they are doing a multiple protagonist system, I'd love to actually play as a Native within one of their societies. It would be a huge shift in the visual style of the game, and isn't something we've seen a lot of in games.

• Like 1

I think people need to give up this multiple protag thing

Rockstar made it quite clear in their description that this is Arthur's story

Synthetic_Soul

I agree highz, I'm part Blackfoot and part Cherokee myself and I'd love to see a game where the Native Americans a portrayed correctly instead of just a tacked on stereotype..They were indeed a ruthless savage people but only because of how mistreated they were by the white man who came and stole our lands. I'd really like to see rockstars take on this, it could make for some very interesting plot points and gameplay mechanics.

• Like 3

when yall expecting more info

december, as like a xmas present or some sh*t from R*

• Like 1

Walter Tschanz

Anyone else not really hyped about this ? Rather have bully 2 or a new midnight club

I don't know.. between the muddy background textures, mediocre voices (aside from Dutch), and Marston being a total no-show I'm really not holding my breath. I wanted to be excited, but then again, I called this from a mile away.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

I agree highz, I'm part Blackfoot and part Cherokee myself and I'd love to see a game where the Native Americans a portrayed correctly instead of just a tacked on stereotype..They were indeed a ruthless savage people but only because of how mistreated they were by the white man who came and stole our lands. I'd really like to see rockstars take on this, it could make for some very interesting plot points and gameplay mechanics.

YES! f*ck YEAH, This is what i really want to see tbh. Idk if they will be historically correct, but would like to see R*'s take on that part of history.

This is a story of Morgan and his posse (and) The Van der linde gang. In RDR Dutch's men were predominantly Native Americans.

Synthetic_Soul

I really don't understand why people were expecting John to be a huge part of the game and even in the trailer?! I understand it's a prequel so he should be somewheres but I mean c mon, most of the time all previous R* protagonists all they get is a small cameo in future games and plus why would they spoil something they know everyone wants in the first trailer? Seems to me if John is indeed a larger part of the story they'd keep that a secret as long as possible.

There's no secret to be kept about John. He was with the gang and he's on the 7-men artwork. In the game, he would probably look 25-30.

when yall expecting more info

december, as like a xmas present or some sh*t from R*

I could see getting more in October. Its funny, you go back to RDR and they released the second trailer December 1st and then 2 weeks later we got the first video in the Gameplay series.

I mean, that would be a nice treat to kick off a new series of those videos but I'd love to see some art released too. Take Two has their quarterly investors call in November and then the next is..February I believe? I'd expect a release date before either of those 2 honestly.

• Like 2

Synthetic_Soul

I'm not really looking for historical accuracy either as I know R* likes to have fun with history I'd just like to see the reasons explained. To see natives portrayed as something more than "brainless savages" who attacked and killed for no reason. Like most games and movies like to do.

There's no secret to be kept about John. He was with the gang and he's on the 7-men artwork. In the game, he would probably look 25-30.

I'm not saying he's a secret per say I think it's safe to say we all know he's in the game, I just meant I don't think they would necessarily spoil how much in a trailer. I think they want to keep people guessing as to how much involvement he has.

Edited by Synthetic_Soul
  • Like 1

Native nations fought each other in bloody warfare for many generations before the settlers came. Their politics were just as intricate and the power struggles just as vicious as anything in Europe. The narrative that they were living in some kind of idyllic paradise infantilises them and completely simplifies history.

I believe John's involvement will be as much as Dutch's and Williamson's. No reason to focus on his story any further. This will mainly be the story of Arthur and the gang.

• Like 1

This is going to be game of the year!!! Wondering if they would add in the multiples character system from gta 5 and if there will be references to Red Dead Revolver.

so is RDR2 Rockstar's first game set before the 20th century?

Naw, the very first Red Dead was set during the 1880s.

Edited by Gtaman_92

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Lets say the leaked map is real right? Those tall trees in the delay screenshots that some think might be sequioa's, could that be the tall trees area on the leaked map? I only say that because A.Morgan state's they chased us from the west and over the mountains.