2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

I think Arthur is Uncle from RDR

iV2k7Dt.jpg

/s

Edited by Nurolight
  • Like 2

I can see why Arthur is unlikeable, but remember the title of the game is Red Dead Redemption 2 and if R* keep up the theme of "a Man may find his redemption" then we might be looking at a similar development, although quite different considering that Arthur is a criminal with bad friends, while John was a retired criminal who had bad friends in the past.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Arthur unlikeable? LOL well to each own..I like him 10x better than ANYONE from RDR except for irish, that crazy bastard was funny. Im personally tired of playing these lackluster heros, this is the character i've always wanted to play.

Arthur Morgan is better than all characters of GTA V COMBINED!!!

He surely looks like a great character to me, for sure one of R*'s better ones, if you can tell by one? short trailer?

Can't wait for more on this game, hopefully in a few weeks, this trailer got me so excited for more ...

It's annoying how a prequel has the number two on the title.

Sure, you could argue it doesn't make sense from a story perspective. But this isn't a movie, it's a game and it's continuing the mechanics and themes established in Red Dead Redemption, hence the name Red Dead Redemption 2.

Also I'm pretty sure besides being a prequel, it's going to be the redemption story of Arthur Morgan.

"Red Dead Redemption: The Phantom Menance"

• Like 2

Idro_Novenalen

So who's expecting ant rdr2 related news next week? Pretty stupid question, I know

Edited by Idro_Novenalen

I think Dutch is going to do something truly horrific and insane that is witnessed by Arthur which will cause him to cut ties with the gang.

The first act of the game will be Arthur doing odd jobs and heists with the gang, having a merry old time. The second act will see Arthur having a falling out with Dutch, and he'll go on his own to seek his redemption. Finally, the third act will see Arthur with new allies and pretty much redeemed. Finally I think there will be an epilogue chapter reminiscent of the original.

As for the supposed ending leak:

I could see Arthur dying and then we take over the role of Marston building up his ranch, while also allowing us to still do whatever we want out in the open world. But I think since it's been leaked R* will rewrite the ending.

Personally, as much as I want to play as John again, I hope Arthur makes it to the end.

Edited by Holland_Hicks

Arthur unlikeable? LOL well to each own..I like him 10x better than ANYONE from RDR except for irish, that crazy bastard was funny. Im personally tired of playing these lackluster heros, this is the character i've always wanted to play.

Exactly what i was thinking, I love the character of John but how many times in the past decade have we seen the criminal with a heart of gold trope like Nathan Drake or Niko, Arthur Morgan from the small glimpse we've got is dripping in personality and he seems to be the opposite of John in that he is just bad maybe with a few good qualities where as John was dragged into his life of crime but was really good but with a few bad qualities.

but the games not out yet so this could all be pointless...

• Like 4

I think Arthur is Uncle from RDR

Seeing how much Dutch has aged between games (I'd say around 10 - 15 years), I don't think Arthur could get that bad. Plus, even with the facial redesigns to fit the technology (like with Dutch and Bill), I don't think he looks all that much like him.

iV2k7Dt.jpg

I don't think he was being serious lol

• Like 2

About the blond girl,here's a plausible answer i found for her

From a youtube comment:

"I think the blonde girl is Heidi McCourt, the unseen character who got shot in the head in a ferry heist by Dutch

it was explained by the strange dude in RDR 1 This is what he said "She was a girl Dutch van der Linde shot in the head on that raid on the ferry a few years back. Same one you got shot on. Pretty girl... until her eye was hanging out by a tendon, and her brain was plastered over a wall."

• Like 3

I'm really interested in seeing what happens to Arthur at the end for him to not be mentioned at all by Dutch and everyone else in RDR. Maybe he moves to Canada?

Or it could just be an oversight on Rockstar's part since I don't think they planned his character that far ahead.

The Notorious MOB

Soo guys here seem to really want a RDR 1 2.0.? Why would R* use the same plot in another game. I hope to god edgar ross has absolutely nothing to do with this game. He wasn't anyone of any substance in part 1.

You have to be joking there right? He's one of the major reasons Marston is hunting his old gang. He's also the person you have to kill to end the game.

Also the voice that says "You're a wanted man Mr Morgan" sounds so much like Edgar Ross it's uncanny, I'll be genuinely shocked if it's not him.

There's a chance he's in this game if it leads to the plot of RDR 1.

Sequels contain similar plot points to their predecessors all the time. I think the game is called Red Dead Redemption 2 for a reason rather than being called Red Dead (something else). The series is called Red Dead so Redemption is a subtitle similar to Vice City or San Andreas. GTA V is set in San Andreas but has no connection to the previous universe. The way I see it this game will be directly related to Red Dead Redemption hence it being Red Dead Redemption II.

So who's expecting ant rdr2 related news next week? Pretty stupid question, I know

I'm willing to bet within the next two weeks we'll see a trailer for L.A. Noire. I wouldn't expect to see or hear about RDR2 until December.

GTA Online is going to continue existing every Tuesday that's for sure, we still have Transform Races and some other stuff. We're gonna have the rest of rhe week for either LA Noire or RDR2, but I'm not expecting much more on RDR2 until October or November.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Soo guys here seem to really want a RDR 1 2.0.? Why would R* use the same plot in another game. I hope to god edgar ross has absolutely nothing to do with this game. He wasn't anyone of any substance in part 1.

You have to be joking there right? He's one of the major reasons Marston is hunting his old gang. He's also the person you have to kill to end the game.

Also the voice that says "You're a wanted man Mr Morgan" sounds so much like Edgar Ross it's uncanny, I'll be genuinely shocked if it's not him.

Sequels contain similar plot points to their predecessors all the time. I think the game is called Red Dead Redemption 2 for a reason rather than being called Red Dead (something else). The series is called Red Dead so Redemption is a subtitle similar to Vice City or San Andreas. GTA V is set in San Andreas but has no connection to the previous universe. The way I see it this game will be directly related to Red Dead Redemption hence it being Red Dead Redemption II.

I'm willing to bet the next entry in the series will be called Red Dead (something else) with a new set of characters.

• Like 1

Dee-account-with-1kbans

From a youtube comment:

"I think the blonde girl is Heidi McCourt, the unseen character who got shot in the head in a ferry heist by Dutch

it was explained by the strange dude in RDR 1 This is what he said "She was a girl Dutch van der Linde shot in the head on that raid on the ferry a few years back. Same one you got shot on. Pretty girl... until her eye was hanging out by a tendon, and her brain was plastered over a wall."

that might actually be it

The Notorious MOB

I'm willing to bet the next entry in the series will be called Red Dead (something else) with a new set of characters.

I'm still holding out for another prequel based around Landon Ricketts. Although we might get to see him in this one too :)

From a youtube comment:

that might actually be it

Could be. But She's obviously a member of the gang, and John says he doesn't remember her. I think it's more likely she was an innocent passenger on the ferry who was shot indiscriminately by Dutch.

• Like 2

Whenever it comes out in like 8-10 years

• Like 3

Whipped up a little something to give ya'll an idea of the facial improvements we might be seeing by release.

HfqqLW3.png

Anyone else not really hyped about this ? Rather have bully 2 or a new midnight club

Then what on earth are you doing in the RDR2 general chat? :miranda:

I'm more hyped than ever that we finally get a sequel/prequel to Red Dead Redemption, it's one of the greatest games of all time!

Edited by MostWantedMVP
  • Like 5

I just really hope we arent working for the government or the feds like in IV, V and RDR1.. kind of sick and tired of it..

• Like 3

I just really hope we arent working for the government or the feds like in IV, V and RDR1.. kind of sick and tired of it..

I think this game will focus on the releationships between the gang.

I've always wanted to see how John was treated by Bill and Dutch so hopefully we'll get to see that.

I love how people stopped being so active here,compared prior the second trailer.

A lot of them gianed their sanity back lol.

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Anyone else not really hyped about this ? Rather have bully 2 or a new midnight club

Are you legitimately asking this on a f*cking Red Dead subforum? Jesus H...

From a youtube comment:

I never really got the impression that girl was part of the gang going by that quote. I always interpreted it as Dutch killing a civilian when it wasn't needed, showcasing Dutch getting more ruthless and his descend into madness (madness in the sense of his mental state in RDR1).

• Like 1