1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

The era now known as 'The Great Drought of Non-GTAV-Related Rockstar Games News' (2013-2016) has now come to an end.

We're ready to visit the frontier once again.

Well, I have ventured out of the GTA Online section, traveled a long ways to come here, just to say..

I AM f*ckING HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have ventured out of the GTA Online section, traveled a long ways to come here, just to say..

I AM f*ckING HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all with you brotha

If we end up having to go through that red logo every time we want to visit the site for the rest of the week, that sh*t'll get old real fast.

Let's hope it's a Tuesday announcement.

Edited by Xerukal
  • Like 1

I wonder what time period Red Dead 3 will be set in? At the end of RD2 they were getting closer to the industrial era. Red Dead Revolution?

rdr_0563.jpg

At the same time I don't really want RD to be like GTA.

I wonder what time period Red Dead 3 will be set in? At the end of RD2 they were getting closer to the industrial era. Red Dead Revolution?

rdr_0563.jpg

Would be dope to be honest.

It must feel good as a developer that you don't even need to post a word, just a picture of a certain colour, to get a hype train this big started. At the time of this post, 36,077 retweets and 50,858 likes on that tweet.

Red Dead marketing budget so far...

$0

It must feel good as a developer that you don't even need to post a word, just a picture of a certain colour, to get a hype train this big started. At the time of this post, 36,077 retweets and 50,858 likes on that tweet.

$0

145 users viewing this topic so far.

• Like 2

I simply hope it's not going to be a two year wait, like GTA V was upon its initial announcement. A one year wait would be my preference, assuming there's no delays.

This time they probably held off on announcing it until they were absolutely sure they could meet a certain deadline. It's also important to realize that Take-Two is probably pressuring them to get a new game out the door (despite GTA Online making strong profits), since it's been three years since the release on GTA V on last-gen.

Edited by Original Light
  • Like 2

rdr_0563.jpg

I actually want it to be like, at the same time (1911) but just a new characters story.

Or older, in the 1800's.

• Like 2

I simply hope it's not going to be a two year wait, like GTA V was upon its initial announcement. A one year wait would be my preference, assuming there's no delays.

This time they probably held off on announcing it until they were absolutely sure they could meet a certain deadline. It's also important to realize that Take-Two is probably pressuring them to get a new game out the door (despite GTA Online making strong profits), since it's been three years since the release on GTA V on last-gen.

April 2017 minimum without delays

Edited by eyman
  • Like 1

Some LinkedIn profiles talked about a new AAA project in development since 2012/2013, it's been 3 years since then so maybe this time we're finally getting a decently organised release. Hopefully.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 2

To be honest I will only care about a new Red Dead if it gets announced on PC as well.

Otherwise, no thanks.

it must be depressing being a PC only gamer

Edited by lazloisdavrock
  • Like 2

Some LinkedIn profiles talked about a new AAA project in development since 2012/2013, it's been 3 years since then so maybe this time we're finally getting a decently organised release. Hopefully.

I personally think they've been working on it at least since 2012, a solid 4 years of work sounds reasonable. Red Dead Redemption started development in 2004, I believe. So its development totaled roughly 6 years. Sequels usually don't take as long to develop, especially if they're using the same game engine.

$0

GTAV teaser had something like 5000 retweets at the time. How Twitter has grown!

Also who are all these people on this side of the forum?! lol :p

I personally think they've been working on it at least since 2012, a solid 4 years of work sounds reasonable. Red Dead Redemption started development in 2004, I believe. So its development totaled roughly 6 years. Sequels usually don't take as long to develop, especially if they're using the same game engine.

This is going to be the first truly next-gen Rockstar game. I'm sure the RAGE engine has been transformed beyond recognition since 2010.

• Like 2

$0

GTAV teaser had something like 5000 retweets at the time. How Twitter has grown!

Also who are all these people on this side of the forum?! lol :p

We come from the deepest depths of the GTA forums, lol. A new red dead would be awesome

• Like 2

Is there anything hidden in the image ?

TezFun posted this tweet https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/787670385785446401saying cgwptlomlbnimainkh had something to do with the name ??

I knew there was something to that. It could be some kind of cipher, but you get an approximation from just the letter count anyway (Red Dead Retribution).

• Like 1

Not sure if this was posted here earlier but here you go:

[flash=640,360]

I refreshed my subscriptions and saw this video. I didn't even finish watching it, I just went to these forums ASAP

Is there anything hidden in the image ?

TezFun posted this tweet https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/787670385785446401saying cgwptlomlbnimainkh had something to do with the name ??

Apart from the "last modified" date (which is probably when it was uploaded to R* servers) of 10/13/2016 18:52:39 on the background and 10/13/2016 18:52:38 on the logo, there doesn't seem to be anything hidden.

cgwptlomlbnimainkh is the directory where the image is saved. Strangely enough, I get an "Internal Server Error" rather than the normal "You don't have permission to access [directory name] on this server." when I try to access it.

• Like 2

Refresh my memory guys: For GTAV did the teaser page go up first followed by a official announcement and THEN the trailer or did both the official PR announcement and trailer go up at the same time?

Just wondering if we're getting something this week or maybe they'll wait for next Sunday and have the announcement trailer airing with The Walking Dead premiere?

Refresh my memory guys: For GTAV did the teaser page go up first followed by a official announcement and THEN the trailer or did both the official PR announcement and trailer go up at the same time?

Just wondering if we're getting something this week or maybe they'll wait for next Sunday and have the announcement trailer airing with The Walking Dead premiere?

GTA V was a teaser, than a newswire post that said trailer coming on the 2nd of November.

GTA V had a PR announcement, with a trailer countdown. The trailer was a week after on November 2 2011.