1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

Maybe they could do a period crossover, seeing the final death of Wild West outlaws and the rise of the Mob, based around the 1920s. This way we see a much older Jack Marsten and the first look of the mob gangsters.

Very unlikely, the mob has always been very city based. RDR just has to be in large open spaces with fields, deserts...

I mean they nailed the wild west concept too much to deviate from it.

Not necessarily. The 1920s is the beginning of the Prohibition, where gangsters are setting up illegal distilleries all around the country, even in rural areas, which the Wild West are situated. We could see conflicts and interactions between the old timer cowboys and the mobsters.

It's just too much of a difference, don't you think? They've hit the jackpot with this time setting and I'm pretty sure they know that. There's no need to make such big changes to a concept that has proven itself. I've never played any other good wild west game other than RDR. But there are plenty of good gangster games out there... Rockstar has won the west and now they will guard it with their lives. Mobs are more of an eastern thing anyway...

I just want to ride my trusty steed without having to worry about them dandy automobiles ramming me off of it

• Like 2

so tomororw title reveal

thursday trailer?

Lol dude stop it, you are a black hole when it comes to information/leaks.
  • Like 4

Nah greenrock has always had it right. REmember when he said John Marsting was gonna be in the game?

Edited by Nick Testbranch
  • Like 4

Maybe they could do a period crossover, seeing the final death of Wild West outlaws and the rise of the Mob, based around the 1920s. This way we see a much older Jack Marsten and the first look of the mob gangsters.

that's kind of what I imagine, a game struggling to let go of old ways into new.

I can't see a prequel, but it could be. I just can't see it.

If the leaked map was real, then, since the areas are the western-most areas OF the RDR map, and further west than RDR, then clearly it is the west being driven out by the east?

And look at that, wouldn't that leaked map, if real, include nevada? And wouldn't that be understandable, to see the last stagecoach robbery in a game?

HMb4A4A.png

For prequel, how does that work? I only had very limited free roam play in RDR, I didn't get to do much and I don't know the whole story - what compelling reason would there be to go back in time of a character already killed off, and also the issues of making sure the actor will work again, for the right price, and after he quit that industry "for good"?

Let's see some both compelling reasons for a prequel vs a story of "Jack fighting being like his father, and struggling to get with the times"

I see jack unable to give up the old ways and being dead in the end too, tbh, that, or even worse, captured without incident. Or, perhaps Jack is the law by then. But the real "lore knowers" here might have some more to say. Prequel and continuation theories, lemme see those!

Picture speaks a thousand words, and this post (just above) is certainly compelling for prequel, OR remake/remaster. However, the shadow figure on the far right looks female to me in some ways, though not entirely.

Edited by TheHumanIsland

so tomororw title reveal

thursday trailer?

Lol dude stop it, you are a black hole when it comes to information/leaks.

This.

Seriously, they act like they know nothing of the series.

What would be the reason Rockstar returns to John and Dutch's gang instead of new characters though?

How about a very interesting story that we don't know much about but have been teased with in the previous title.

I could come up with more, but when thinking about it, that's a pretty good reason, isn't it? It's basically how prequels work...

Edited by FRANKlEBOY

It's good I can wake up later tomorrow, so I don't need to wait that long for 2 PM BST. :p

What would be the reason Rockstar returns to John and Dutch's gang instead of new characters though?

They could be new characters.

People see John and Bill but cowboy's shadows are fairly generic, guy on front could be asian or an indian or a rogue confederate for all you can see.

• Like 3

People see John and Bill but cowboy's shadows are fairly generic, guy on front could be asian or an indian or a rogue confederate for all you can see.

i would agree, if not for the bill williamson hat, and the fact that the bulky figure of bill matches the silloquette

if not for that, i would agree with you on the others

2.png

i still think Dutch is in the middle and the guy to his right is John, i mean look at those gloves, those matches Johns

Edited by greenrock

An Indian in RDR? I don't see it happening...

hindu13nw06.JPG

;)

• Like 3

Nearly 4 hours till my birthday. I hope R* gives me something special because I'm an entitled Lil bitch

Hey you said it not me

• Like 2

Guess tomorrow will be the last puzzle for us with their arts.

greenrock, could you please stop repeating the same thing over and over again? You posted this last page, posted it twice already here, one of the posts was hidden because... guess what, it's spam!

• Like 6

I'd rather have the silhouettes replaced with visible characters than a title reveal, if given the choice. I'd like to see who these 7 new characters are. I'm really hoping for a mixed bag of ethnicities: Caucasian, African American, Chinese, Mexican, Native American...and a mix of male and female.

i expect title and press release announcement tomorrow

Not before the GTA V Story DLC with North Yankton and Tommy Vercettrain. You have too much hope.

i expect title and press release announcement tomorrow

Not before the GTA V Story DLC with North Yankton and Tommy Vercettrain. You have too much hope.

Title isn't too far fetched. Press release? Yeah.

BUT I can see them dropping a title with a few short paragraphs telling us the basics, and to expect more info 'soon'

Let's all remember this before we consider Marston coming back: http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/6/19/4406600/small-town-man-John-Marston

No one can equal him.

Wow never seen this articale before. Cheers for the link. Rockstar once again with the perfect casting. Even without the game he has a really unique sounding voice and seems like a cool dude. Hopefully R* managed to get him onto the new game.

The twilight of the old west is really just a trope, much like all the other Rockstar stuff, it's hollywood based, and in reality, the wild west lived on long after 1920. You could go 20 miles away from any "civilized" place and be in a mining town full of gunslingers for years. You can STILL find places like that in the middle of the western states, tiny little dirtball ass towns.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwilightOfTheOldWest

RDR took place, literally quotable "during the twilight of the old west", as they said back then, and there it is, the trope which fueled the entire thing.

It's a sequel. Starring Jack. That's where my money is. My only question is if it will be more realistic, or remain fake movie stuff with a clint eastwood vibe. =)

RDR was a movie thing, not a historically accurate thing - and that west still lives to this day. And the real cowboys and gunslingers didn't go away until the middle of the century, and, again, some still exist out there in the sticks in the western states and eastern mountains.

So, I guess we can't jump too much to conclusions based on what we think we know, since none of us knew about any of this game being a Trope from the start and not some historical thing at all, until Right Now.

PS: that phrase shows you just how many people are fed information to blog by the game companies "make sure your say twilight of the old west!" style. Because that phrase being in all of those posts is certainly not organic.

Man, finding all that has kinda made me cynical about it all.

Edited by TheHumanIsland