2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dee-account-with-1kbans

• J.Dillinger Blackheart

• Spider-Vice

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

October 16 2016 First teaser October 17 2016 Second teaser October 18 2016 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMING FALL 2017 FOR XBOX ONE AND PS4 October 20 2016 Debut Trailer Re

HOLY SH*T!     ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS 2!

Dee-account-with-1kbans

what? people, there is absolutely no chance that this is not a new red dead game

Exactly. The idiots are out in full force today

Oh great, namecalling. Cute. You are free to express your BELIEFS but that don't make them the only truth.Coom

Except it isnt a belief but a blatant fact. Theres a difference. ;)

Proof for a fact or GTFO.

Common sense is all the proof I had. R* updates all their websites with their logo on a red background? What the f*ck do you think it is?

Warriors HD, MC5 with reversed color palette (see my avatar), Bully 2 with new colors, rebranding, Agent with new colors, GTA 6 (with red tone this time).

..Yeah sure. Good luck with GTA6 Bully 2 Warriors HD and whatever the f*ck lol.

If you actually think its anything other than red dead then you need help. Its f*cking blatant

EDIT: f*cking what? Rebranding? You think theyll shove a rebranding in your face for 10 full seconds and plaster it everywhere on social media with no context? Are you in denial or something?

Edited by DeeDogg_

How about making an actual proper Red Dead series forum now, eh?

Change the background and all that. The creative people on here should get on it. I'll pay money! Well, the money part was a joke but seriously, I know you guys could make a badass Red Dead Forums.

GTANet did have a Red Dead forum a while back. I believe it was shutdown due to a lack of traffic/user activity. I'm not certain, someone else may be able to correct me.

Edited by Original Light

Yeah sure good luck with RD3 after that horrible experience they had with RDR2.

If you actually think its anything other than red dead then you need help. Its f*cking blatant

Now it's confirmed that Red Dead is a religion for some people. Same blind beliefs. Same attacks on non-believers.

what? people, there is absolutely no chance that this is not a new red dead game

Exactly. The idiots are out in full force today

Oh great, namecalling. Cute. You are free to express your BELIEFS but that don't make them the only truth.Coom

Except it isnt a belief but a blatant fact. Theres a difference. ;)

Proof for a fact or GTFO.

Common sense is all the proof I had. R* updates all their websites with their logo on a red background? What the f*ck do you think it is?

Warriors HD, MC5 with reversed color palette (see my avatar), Bully 2 with new colors, rebranding, Agent with new colors, GTA 6 (with red tone this time).

EDIT: f*cking what? Rebranding? You think theyll shove a rebranding in your face for 10 full seconds and plaster it everywhere on social media with no context? Are you in denial or something?

GTA 5's background is yellow, GTA IV is black, so techivally, it could be GTA 6, but it's not its turn, and I wouldn't expect another GTA game for a while. And there's no reason to have a logo scratched/damage for a GTA game, theme wise I mean.

Bully's Background is yellow/blue. But we've never seen another Bully game, so they could just go with Red background for the next one, but again, no reason for the worn out logo.

The only two games that would match are Red Dead, and.... Table tennis. The latter really does fit the worn out logo.

Could be one or the other really, could be none of it.

Really hoping for Red Dead, but I won't expect anything and spare myself a possible huge disappointement.

• Like 1

Was this mentioned before? Someone did inspect element on the photo and the title seems to be Retribution, there's also Redemption 2.

So this is definitely not a remaster.

Richard Power Colt

Is anyone staying up all night

There's nothing really that indicates we'd be getting more info tonight. Edited by Richard Power Colt

I don't think there's going to be another Table Tennis game. It was simply to test RAGE and optimize the engine for future games, while also making a nice little game out of it on the side. I'm 90% certain it's about a Red Dead Redemption sequel. If it's not, well... I'd be surprised.

• Like 1

Everything leads to this being a new read dead game

- Zelnick saying that Red Dead is a permanent franchise

- Red Dead Revolver and Read Dead Redemption recently being avaliable on CG consoles.

-The background of that photo has the same theme as Red Dead Redemption

- Ex-Rockstar employee hinting from Reddit saying "Really Dumbass Really? two." when asked about Rockstar's next game.

I'm finding it very difficult on imaging that this isn't Red Dead. And if it isn't a new Red dead then it's probably a game set in the Wild west.

• Like 4

Wow. Popped back in here and there seems to be a lot of negativity and people bashing each other. Everyone in here is excited for whatever gets revealed! Let's all just be friends and Rockstar fans <3

Wow. Popped back in here and there seems to be a lot of negativity and people bashing each other. Everyone in here is excited for whatever gets revealed! Let's all just be friends and Rockstar fans <3

But... but Shark Cards and Online :(

• Like 2

Won't be surprised of a trailer which doesn't reveal release date nor even PLATFORMS lol

And I think Spring 2017 is waaay too optimistic, honestly I'm not expecting this game being released before holidays 2017, counting all delays and other sh*ts that gonna come...

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Yeah sure good luck with RD3 after that horrible experience they had with RDR2.

Now it's confirmed that Red Dead is a religion for some people. Same blind beliefs. Same attacks on non-believers.

Are you deliberately obtuse and obnoxious?

EDIT: Horrible experience with Red Dead 2? Care to elaborate? Redemption is a critically acclaimed masterpiece and made R* bank

Edited by DeeDogg_

I don't think there's going to be another Table Tennis game. It was simply to test RAGE and optimize the engine for future games, while also making a nice little game out of it on the side. I'm 90% certain it's about a Red Dead Redemption sequel. If it's not, well... I'd be surprised.

Makes sense. Sure hope you're right, cause I've never been a ping pong fan.

• Like 1
Dee-account-with-1kbans

GTA 5's background is yellow, GTA IV is black, so techivally, it could be GTA 6, but it's not its turn, and I wouldn't expect another GTA game for a while. And there's no reason to have a logo scratched/damage for a GTA game, theme wise I mean.

Bully's Background is yellow/blue. But we've never seen another Bully game, so they could just go with Red background for the next one, but again, no reason for the worn out logo.

The only two games that would match are Red Dead, and.... Table tennis. The latter really does fit the worn out logo.

Could be one or the other really, could be none of it.

Really hoping for Red Dead, but I won't expect anything and spare myself a possible huge disappointement.

lol. Its obviously red dead. Nothing you said points towards anything else infact it actually contradicts some claims. Its obviously a new red dead.

We have brains for a reason :)

C'mon guys no need to be bashing each other over what this is, despite it clearly being Red Dead, we'll all get our confirmations tomorrow or in the next two days, so just hold it tight until there.

how many more hours?

Dude you should chill with the questions, everyone knows as much as you do :p
  • Like 1

lol. Its obviously red dead. Nothing you said points towards anything else infact it actually contradicts some claims. Its obviously a new red dead.

We have brains for a reason :)

We sure do.

Why is yours thinking backwards is what I'd like to know, though.

The question shouldn't be "what points towards anything else?", but "what exactly points toward Red Dead specifically in such a manner that anything else should be excluded"?

Edited by Moonshield
Let's try and avoid quote trains
  • Like 1
Dee-account-with-1kbans

We sure do.

Why is yours thinking backwards is what I'd like to know, though.

The question shouldn't be "what points towards anything else?", but "what exactly points toward Red Dead specifically in such a manner that anything else should be included"?

Well, everyones been expecting a new red dead since 2014. And R* posts a picture with their symbol on a red background on all forms of social media without any context. And if thats not enough proof for you, then I dont know what to tell you

Which also begs the question, why wasnt this posted in the gaming section titled "New Bully being teased?" Why are big sites like IGN and gamespot titling their articles with "New Manhunt being teased?"

Its just common sense and R* knows what they're doing. If they were teasing Bully or something else, they wouldve made it a bit more obvious

Edited by DeeDogg_

I cannot see any reason as to why people would think this is teasing anything OTHER that Red Dead. It has exactly the same color scheme and style as Redemption.

It's like Rockstar showing a background with "Grand Theft Auto" in the GTA font on it and saying it's not a GTA teaser.

And really, I'd rather have a new IP like Agent be teased than a sequel. Red Dead's fine and all but original ideas from AAA developers are scarce in today's industry.

EDIT: Oh and if Rockstar says anything about a "Red Dead Online" my wallet is going to close and stay closed.

Edited by Mac Tonight
  • Like 1