1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

What else would Mr.Krover know other than the 'two words?

The two words: "Just kidding."

• Like 2

Oh...

I have something for you all! How do you paste an email picture on here? The voice actor who "didn't play a main role but is uncredited for a cowboy in the game" just emailed me back...

I want to show you all to see what he had to say and it was his legit email that was on his Twitter account.

Tease.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Oh, it's not a tease my friend... ;)

vHZJhja.jpg

What does he mean by Rockstar and something about "don't want out before E3"? Hinting at a Rockstar E3 build up?

I was trying to get something out of him (I knew I wouldn't) but then he said he'd get fired and another voice actor would take his place. Then... What threw me off was when he mentioned something about Rockstar doesn't want anything out before E3...

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 4

Wait a sec... he did two words of voice work but he knows about some kind of information embargo before E3? And he doesn't want to lose his character even though he's not meant to be credited?

We know the email is real because it's on his Twitter account, but this is kind of odd, as he goes on about not wanting to be fired yet is talking quite openly about his involvement, albeit with lack of actual details. I hope he doesn't get in trouble now. Thanks for posting Gunslinger.

And if it's legit... 3 months of silence to go ;_;

• Like 3

TheOriginalGunslinger

Wait a sec... he did two words of voice work but he knows about some kind of information embargo before E3? And he doesn't want to lose his character even though he's not meant to be credited?

We know the email is real because it's on his Twitter account, but this is kind of odd, as he goes on about not wanting to be fired yet is talking quite openly about his involvement, albeit with lack of actual details. I hope he doesn't get in trouble now. Thanks for posting Gunslinger.

And if it's legit... 3 months of silence to go ;_;

Very odd indeed. And, no problem! :)

I personally don't think Rockstar will be at E3 but hey, one can wish. If they do actually go I can probably picture "Trailer 2" being shown at Sony Playstation's conference and not Microsofts.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Waiting until June would just suck completely.

That's would be an 8 month wait since trailer one.

Waiting until June would just suck completely.

That's would be an 8 month wait since trailer one.

Suffer in silence, hardcore fans. You deserve nothing.

None may question the way and wisdom of the Great Rockstar.

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

That's... very interesting. Also let's remember the likelihood of RDR2 being at E3 is bigger due to the huge Sony partnership this time around. However, it will be a world of pain if we still have to wait three months for the info blowout to begin...

Also, I feel like he already said too much despite him "not wanting to get fired"... Hope he doesn't get in trouble with R*'s paranoia :(

• Like 6

TheOriginalGunslinger

I honestly hope I don't get this guy fired. :O

:/:/:/

E3 would be weird for them, no? Not just cause of the usual Rockstar don't go to E3, but it's a fairly poor way to get meaty information out about your game, it's mostly just trailers and gameplay videos to everyone who doesn't attend. Even if true, I think we'll hear something before then.

• Like 3

Frantz Fuchs

It wouldn't surprise me if full marketing doesn't begin until E3. That's 4-5 months before release which is plenty for a R* game.

To be honest, RDR simply has to be at Sony's conference with the partnership. "Hand crafted to take full advantage of PS4", sounds like Sony is paying R* to optimise it for PS4 Pro so we could possibly get 4K.

• Like 2

E3 would be weird for them, no? Not just cause of the usual Rockstar don't go to E3, but it's a fairly poor way to get meaty information out about your game, it's mostly just trailers and gameplay videos to everyone who doesn't attend. Even if true, I think we'll hear something before then.

Agree, E3 doesn't make sense for Rockstar. Why would they be part of a week of big gaming news? That's not how Rockstar rolls.

Maybe this guy is really getting paid to be Rockstar's disinformation source. Didn't work. We're smarter than that. :p

I'm still betting on May 2017 for release of a couple of meager, noncommittal screenshots or art; just scenery. At least I'll finally have something to use for my PC wallpaper.

Nothing coordinated with E3. Hedge: Unless they let Sony do something, as mentioned above. Won't be Rockstar doing it.

Spider-Vice

E3 isn't impossible just because it's Rockstar. It's very likely Sony doing it for them. It'd be Andrew House talking about RDR2 as he did about GTA V NG.

• Like 4

If we have to wait until E3 that's terrible.

They will definitley say something before then, and also Sony will at e3.

I'm guessing this guy may have heard something going down at e3, but he doesn't know when rockstar will drop info themselves via newswire. No one does!

E3 isn't impossible just because it's Rockstar. It's very likely Sony doing it for them. It'd be Andrew House talking about RDR2 as he did about GTA V NG.

It seems like, just intuition, that if Sony is going to mention / feature RDR2 at E3, Rockstar will separately put out a trailer or something, of their own, probably before E3. Maybe kind of like they put up the Max Payne 3 banners on Hotel Figueroa.

• Like 1

The sad thing is, it's so easy to get away with this marketing "technique" of silence because as soon as new info comes, the Internet will break and we'll be bursting with joy. They don't have to care about our anguish up until that point, because they know it'll all be forgotten in the end and essentially it'll be worth the wait.

A new game is coming, that's all that matters, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if we hear nothing until E3. SURELY something will come before then. A segment at the Sony conference makes a lot of sense, but as the start of a campaign? It just doesn't seem Rockstar's way.

• Like 4

TheOriginalGunslinger

Shame that the commenting section was disabled on the Rockstar Newswire speaking of the Newswire. Was it because some of the GTA Online squeakers complaining every single day and trolling?

AKA these type of players...

bughunting.gif

Suddenly a voice actor, who even only had two words recorded, knows when we will get news and it's going to be in E3. Be real, this guy knows nothing, but sure he loves the attention he's been given lately.

• Like 3

J.Dillinger Blackheart

It would make sense for a E3 reveal of gameplay or something. But I dont even really want get myself to hung up on this possible E3 reveal hype rn. I just need a got damn RELEASE DATE! Delayed or not.

Spider-Vice

Suddenly a voice actor, who even only had two words recorded, knows when we will get news and it's going to be in E3. Be real, this guy knows nothing, but sure he loves the attention he's been given lately.

Might be, but hey, at least what he said isn't too unrealistic.

(Given Rockstar's history) and how they handle information release and marketing, it's as unrealistic as saying news would drop once I send this post.

Spider-Vice

(Given Rockstar's history) and how they handle information release and marketing, it's as unrealistic as saying news would drop once I send this post.

Don't see why (meant the E3 part). I think RDR2 might be at E3 with Sony, Sony seems to be really invested in the partnership. But I do believe we will get something before then that actually kicks off the campaign.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 1

Yeah, some disconnects in that short email. As Kirsty said, why would a guy with "two words" in RDR2 know anything about Rockstar marketing plans, or the rest of the game, especially, for example, the map? To prove legitimacy of this source, we need one tiny unique piece of corroborating evidence that could only come from an insider.

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 3

Agree, E3 doesn't make sense for Rockstar. Why would they be part of a week of big gaming news? That's not how Rockstar rolls.

That's simply not true. Since 2001 Rockstar has had plenty of appearances at E3 from exclusive trailers and gameplay reveals to booths and buses set up on the show floor. The only thing that has really changed is that Rockstar's output has dwindled to a single title and unless they've got a partnership with one of the big 3, IE Sony and the GTAV bundle, there's little point to show up.

But let's nip this whole "Rockstar don't do E3" thing as its factually false.

• Like 3

I think the argument here should be whether E3 will be the "start" of the marketing campaign, or just as a bonus a long the way. I agree it makes sense for RDR2 to appear at E3 with Sony after we've got new a trailer or perhaps a GI cover, but as the first bit of information since the announcement? I definitely wouldn't agree that's a good place to start.

• Like 5

I think the game being unveiled at E3 to be perfect. That way more people will know about it.. Since E3 will be open to the public. If rockstar wows with a bit of gameplay they might break records yet again at release. Hoping its not delayed.

They can show up at E3 in some form or another, but they won't wait for that moment and, aha, here's a new a look into RDR2.

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 1

Spider-Vice

They can show up at E3 in some form or another, but they won't wait for that moment and, aha, here's a new a look into RDR2.

Oh, that we can agree on. Yeah, I don't think they'll be starting at E3, at least I hope not.

TheOriginalGunslinger

And... It's gone.

My image was removed or something. WTF? And, apparently I can't even sign into my Imgur account.

• Like 1

A user on Twitter (@marcelo0g111) has DMed our RedDeadNet account saying he sent a private message to Ethan Korver to ask what his "two words" were.

He replied to say they were "Howdy" and "Wait".

...maybe he's trying to tell us something, lmao.

• Like 3