1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

In today's update I can now almost guarantee Roger Clark's involvement with Rockstar and the game.

I messaged Kirsty the other night after finding this to get a second opinion on posting in the thread as I didn’t feel comfortable directly linking to the source and sending unwanted attention to the account out of respect of their privacy. Kirsty suggested either ignoring the find, or mentioning it in a way without directly linking to the account.

After thinking about this, and with how easy this was for me to find, I thought I’d share now like this before somebody else does without consideration. If you decide to look into this yourself I ask you to do the same as me and leave them alone.

I was searching Rogers following list again looking for any casting related accounts that might help us find any RDR2 related casting calls, when I noticed an account that I previously ignored as just being personal related with nothing to do with the game and our search. I actually noticed a few days ago the account interacting with Roger and again I thought nothing of it, so I finally decided to look into it the other night to see if the account could be following anything relatable to the game.

The account is 7 years old with the only tweet being the interaction with Roger the other day, it’s clear to see that this person is Rogers partner who doesn’t really use Twitter very often. They are following 115 accounts mostly being environmental, political and what I presume to be personal, including Roger. Near the bottom of the list that runs chronologically from newest follows > oldest follows, the one account completely out of the ordinary for this person to follow that Roger and the other actors aren’t following… Rockstar Games.

Unfortunately I can’t get an exact time frame of when they started following Rockstar as there is only the one tweet to compare to (as you scroll through Twitter account feeds you can see in-between tweets with dates 'Roger Clark started following Steve J Palmer and 3 other accounts' and figure it out that way) but for it to be so far down on their following list indicates that they have been for a while. Now why would Rockstar Games be the only gaming related account that Rogers partner follows if not for his involvement with them, almost as if they’re looking out for Roger in official RDR2 media…

With everything else that we’ve found so far on Roger, this can’t be a coincidence. It’s looking more and more likely for him to be involved with Rockstar, and with being linked to the actors that previously worked on RDR and are speculated to return in RDR2, the game too.

Until we get more official media to look into and compare with we can’t be entirely sure of the extent of his role, although I do believe that he will be appearing in a lead role.

I think that’s more than enough research into this guy from me for now - I can’t imagine him being that fond of me. Sorry Roger! :blink:

Hopefully Kirsty will verify this.

Edited by Neudd

Spider-Vice

c69d4af7919e41509f9cac21a04197c5.png

This one had me scared for a while. Nobody wants a game based on the Kardashians or anyone related to them.

Kanye West? ;)

In today's update I can now almost guarantee Roger Clark's involvement with Rockstar and the game.

I messaged Kirsty the other night after finding this to get a second opinion on posting in the thread as I didn’t feel comfortable directly linking to the source and sending unwanted attention to the account out of respect of their privacy. Kirsty suggested either ignoring the find, or mentioning it in a way without directly linking to the account.

After thinking about this, and with how easy this was for me to find, I thought I’d share now like this before somebody else does without consideration. If you decide to look into this yourself I ask you to do the same as me and leave them alone.

I was searching Rogers following list again looking for any casting related accounts that might help us find any RDR2 related casting calls, when I noticed an account that I previously ignored as just being personal related with nothing to do with the game and our search. I actually noticed a few days ago the account interacting with Roger and again I thought nothing of it, so I finally decided to look into it the other night to see if the account could be following anything relatable to the game.

The account is 7 years old with the only tweet being the interaction with Roger the other day, it’s clear to see that this person is Rogers partner who doesn’t really use Twitter very often. They are following 115 accounts mostly being environmental, political and what I presume to be personal, including Roger. Near the bottom of the list that runs chronologically from newest follows > oldest follows, the one account completely out of the ordinary for this person to follow that Roger and the other actors aren’t following… Rockstar Games.

Unfortunately I can’t get an exact time frame of when they started following Rockstar as there is only the one tweet to compare to (as you scroll through Twitter account feeds you can see in-between tweets with dates 'Roger Clark started following Steve J Palmer and 3 other accounts' and figure it out that way) but for it to be so far down on their following list indicates that they have been for a while. Now why would Rockstar Games be the only gaming related account that Rogers partner follows if not for his involvement with them, almost as if they’re looking out for Roger in official RDR2 media…

With everything else that we’ve found so far on Roger, this can’t be a coincidence. It’s looking more and more likely for him to be involved with Rockstar, and with being linked to the actors that previously worked on RDR and are speculated to return in RDR2, the game too.

Until we get more official media to look into and compare with we can’t be entirely sure of the extent of his role, although I do believe that he will be appearing in a lead role.

I think that’s more than enough research into this guy from me for now - I can’t imagine him being that fond of me. Sorry Roger! :blink:

Hopefully Kirsty will verify this.

I'm amused at your findings Neudd. Real A class detective work. Bravo!

gajrajgchouhan

This one had me scared for a while. Nobody wants a game based on the Kardashians or anyone related to them.

Kanye West? ;)

WEST !! RDR2 CONFIRMED !!! 🐎

So I watched The Magnificent 7 last night for the first time and I'm not really into western movies however this movie just restored the hype I had when RDR 2 was initially announced. It's gonna be great to see how this game turns out. I think this forum is gonna explode as soon as Rockstar start releasing screenshots.

TheOriginalGunslinger

When they finally decide to start the marketing again there's going to be so much for us to look into. Trailers, screenshots, the official website, the cover art, previews & reviews.

Hopefully we get to watch them paint another E3 art mural in June. :lol:

maxpayne3-banner-1-640.jpg

Such an underrated game showed up above. I loved Max Payne 3.

Kanye West? ;)

Or maybe Whiskey in the saloon ;)

Edited by Jabalous

TheOriginalGunslinger

So, if it is a prequel, are we looking at a possibility where 3 out of the 7 (given that many playable characters) betray the group? Maybe the 4 (Dutch, John, Bill and Javier) seek redemption on the 3 traitors throughout the story depending on scenarios. What if we actually play as 4 characters until the ultimate act of betrayal when Dutch, Bill, and Javier leave John at the botched robbery.

None of this is true but still speculating is kinda fun until we hear actual real news.

[Edit: Hopefully "Titles" make a return to multiplayer. Loved rocking my "The Good" above my head :)]

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

TheOriginalGunslinger

Anyone manage to cop a Red Dead Redemption 2 poster yet? Walked right in and was given one for free. Check your local game stores!

red-dead-redemption-material-promocional

• Like 8

Does anyone know why there are always loads of guests reading all the time?

Rockstar spies? lol

Does anyone know why there are always loads of guests reading all the time?

Rockstar spies? lol

Just checking for news lol it was like that with V too

Apparently RDRNetwork on Twitter has created attention to this part of the forum especially after linking to our recent resume discoveries. Out of 11 guests, you would guess that there's at least one Rockstar spy at a time unless, well, he's/she's already here writing on, moderating or administrating the forum.

:whistle:

• Like 2

BUT THE BENZ

Jab is one of those spies...

Btw I had an idea, could Michael Madsen be our hefty looking protag? someone should do some detective Work and See if he had time to shoot with R* and all.

Any of y'all seen this? This interesting mini-documentary is about our lord and savior, John Marston... or at least the actor that did the voice for him.

Thanks for posting this, never seen it, and it's really nice to see how the voice behind such a legendary game character is also a genuinely good guy.

I think the fact that he walked away from it after doing Red Dead Redemption has made the John Marston character even better than it was. In the gaming world there are plenty of voices that you instantly recognise, and as great as that can be using the experience and expertise of someone who has done a huge amount of other work, I personally found it better to hear a voice you didn't recognise and haven't heard again since.

Maybe its just me.

• Like 2

Dageron RUS

Personally, I don't believe in RDR2 deep backstory telling for John and whole Dutch gang. This is just annoying because this story is already referenced and de-facto told in RDR, and we love it as it was told. Mystery around John's past is a proper detail for his personality. We know that being in gang was something like being a revolutionery for him, we know his relationship with Dutch and Bill, friendship with Javier, as well as case John met Abigail.

R* won't deeply involve in this backstory telling again just because it is not only unnecessary and useless, but also can damage original RDR appearance. It is still possible that they can reference major characters of an old game, as they did it in famous prequels for GTA III and Vice City, for sure I mean Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. Meeting or referencing old characters like Dutch, Bill, Javier, as well as John and Abigail, is nice, but not for pointing whole story towards them.

It is possible that they can reference John as Niko was referenced in GTA V by Lester, or Tommy Vercetty in GTA SA by Ken Rosenberg.

• Like 3

Sandman7744

I think we should start looking into noshir dalal being a possible character in this game. He's friends with nearly everyone mentioned to appear in this game

Personally, I don't believe in RDR2 deep backstory telling for John and whole Dutch gang. This is just annoying because this story is already referenced and de-facto told in RDR, and we love it as it was told. Mystery around John's past is a proper detail for his personality. We know that being in gang was something like being a revolutionery for him, we know his relationship with Dutch and Bill, friendship with Javier, as well as case John met Abigail.

R* won't deeply involve in this backstory telling again just because it is not only unnecessary and useless, but also can damage original RDR appearance. It is still possible that they can reference major characters of an old game, as they did it in famous prequels for GTA III and Vice City, for sure I mean Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. Meeting or referencing old characters like Dutch, Bill, Javier, as well as John and Abigail, is nice, but not for pointing whole story towards them.

It is possible that they can reference John as Niko was referenced in GTA V by Lester, or Tommy Vercetty in GTA SA by Ken Rosenberg.

I agree with you, but Marston, Dutch and Williamson being at the front of the first artwork indicate nothing but that they should be playing a central role to the story, unless R* played it right and deliberately wanted to fool us into thinking this way whereas the reality will be different. I'm still not fond of retelling the same story that we all knew from the original Redemption game and this is assuming that RDR2's story will be mainly about Dutch's gang in their heyday. The reality could be different and we might lead a protagonist(s) who pursues his own interests and isn't directly affiliated with a group, or at least this is what I hope it would turn out to be.

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 1

Father Girth

What "mystery" is there about John's time in the gang? It's not like he never talked about it in-game. There's plenty of exposition he gives about it during the course of the game as well as the detail about Dutch saving John from hanging that DGSimo mentioned a few pages back.

Dageron RUS

I agree with you, but Marston, Dutch and Williamson being at the front of the first artwork

And can we really be sure theese guys on poster (guy shapes to be honest) are actually John, Dutch and Bill?

Speculation, I guess, the same idea was "running CJ", "rich Tommy Vercetty" and "homeless Niko" in first GTA V trailer.

What "mystery" is there about John's time in the gang? It's not like he never talked about it in-game. There's plenty of exposition he gives about it during the course of the game as well as the detail about Dutch saving John from hanging that DGSimo mentioned a few pages back.

Yes, that is what I mean. We got John's story already, and we don't actually need deep details about his past. Mentioning word 'mystery' was related to theese deep details.

Edited by Dageron RUS

I agree with you, but Marston, Dutch and Williamson being at the front of the first artwork

And can we really be sure theese guys on poster (guy shapes to be honest) are actually Marston, Dutch and Bill?

Speculation, I guess, the same idea was "running CJ", "rich Tommy Vercetty" and "homeless Niko" in first GTA V trailer.

Thousands of fans believe that these are the same guys from Redemption. It's very difficult to prove otherwise especially with our most recent discovery of an actor doing Mocap for Dutch character, which was removed within hours since it was discovered.

Edited by Jabalous

Dageron RUS

Introducing Dutch is fine, but actually that doesn't mean game should be devoted towards him at all (and his gang). He could participate in RDR2 even the same way as Vice City characters involved in Vice City Stories, I mean, Umberto, Diaz, Gonzales, as well, as Lance Vance (who had major role in both VC and VCS).

Edited by Dageron RUS

Apparently RDRNetwork on Twitter has created attention to this part of the forum especially after linking to our recent resume discoveries. Out of 11 guests, you would guess that there's at least one Rockstar spy at a time unless, well, he's/she's already here writing on, moderating or administrating the forum.

:whistle:

Yep, RedDeadNet is us. I made it as a "sister site" to GTANet and have been tweeting out things that get shared here since these are our official forums. It may add a bit of traffic. Links are in my profile if you want to follow ;)

• Like 2

Father Girth

I'm thinking March is out at this point as I just saw Yan tweeted that cars will most likely be held back in tomorrows GTA Online update, presumably to release one a week. That takes us into April unless they conencide with some RDR2 news which would be surprising.

Edited by Father Girth

Spider-Vice

Car releases might not mean much, but it can be a hinderance, so yeah.

When new RDR2 info comes

maxresdefault.jpg

I think we should start looking into noshir dalal being a possible character in this game. He's friends with nearly everyone mentioned to appear in this game

Damn that's a great find Sandman that shouldn't go unnoticed! I couldn't find any links until I realised you must be using Facebook. Like you say he's friends with them all - Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Roger Clark, Gabriel Sloyer, Peter Blomquist and Cali Moore.

noshir-dalal-26.4.jpg

Check out all the games still under NDA on LinkedIn that he's worked/working on!

Most noticeably this:

rguwrFf.png

That's a long time to still be working on a game. Not sure if that's too recent to be for RDR2 though.

Also take a look at his resume and go down to Motion / Full Performance Capture. Notice how for most games under NDA he states who he's working for, but one company won't let him. :monocle:

Edited by Neudd

BUT THE BENZ

imagine you actually have 7 characters to choose from (once they're all recruited and together) and you could at least play/start half the missions with any character you'd like. a good amount of missions will dictate you the character I'm sure, for story sake, but it would be nice to choose and try different approaches from various angles.

lel.... "can't wait until I can talk about it!" ...sounds, wrong

Sandman7744

Damn that's a great find Sandman that shouldn't go unnoticed! I couldn't find any links until I realised you must be using Facebook. Like you say he's friends with them all - Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Roger Clark, Gabriel Sloyer, Peter Blomquist and Cali Moore.

noshir-dalal-26.4.jpg

Check out all the games still under NDA on LinkedIn that he's worked/working on!

Most noticeably this:

rguwrFf.png

That's a long time to still be working on a game. Not sure if that's too recent to be for RDR2 though.

Also take a look at his resume and go down to Motion / Full Performance Capture. Notice how for most games under NDA he states who he's working for, but one company won't let him. :monocle:

yeah I can already picture him playing that Native American on the right hand side of the cover art

Edited by Sandman7744
  • Like 1