2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Frantz Fuchs

Do we know when the first trailer was actually made? For all we know this could've been the E3 2016 trailer that was supposedly cancelled, or at least made a few months before release.

The next trailer is going to be only ~6 months from release and will give a much more accurate picture of what the game will look like.

Do we know when the first trailer was actually made? For all we know this could've been the E3 2016 trailer that was supposedly cancelled, or at least made a few months before release.

The next trailer is going to be only ~6 months from release and will give a much more accurate picture of what the game will look like.

Like a month and a half before release maybe?

Edited by Distrom

Frantz Fuchs

Could this be a nuke?

Dutch could be making a return if this guy's Actorsaccess page is anything to go by:

aaa.png

This might turn into a thunderstorm.

:whistle:

And it's gone.R* at it again.

Holy sh*t, that was only posted a few hours ago, looks like they read this thread every day :lol:

Hello R*

Can't believe they made the guy take that off his resume haa.

Come on rockstar it's only a matter of time before some members here find something more substantial. Better release something before that happens. :p

Could this be a nuke?

Dutch could be making a return if this guy's Actorsaccess page is anything to go by:

aaa.png

This might turn into a thunderstorm.

:whistle:

And it's gone.R* at it again.

Holy sh*t, that was only posted a few hours ago, looks like they read this thread every day :lol:

Hello R*

Rockstar marketing should spend more of their resources on actually doing marketing, rather than hiring people to scour the internet constantly, in order to eradicate the tiniest hint of actual info.

What they are doing is the *inverse* of actual marketing. Their new name should be Rockstar Anti-Marketing. The jerks.

I still absolutely cannot believe, cannot stand, that the game development budget for GTAV was $115M, while the marketing budget was an obscene $150M! 30% more $$, blown on their miserable, frustrating stealth marketing campaign. I will carry that anger to the grave.

To be fair, putting you worked on a RDR2 before X date or X reveal is no doubt a breach of contract. They are well within their right.

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Just one screenshot... that's all.

That reminds me, OneNewScreenshot was the account that leaked a screenshot of V back in the day. Memories.

what was the pic?

The one with the submarine?

Also, there was this asshole member that tried to convince everyone that the screenshot was fake.

Haha yeah the sub.

That was a proper leak, no sources required or files decrypted, just a good old fashioned leak. Whether it was intentional or not we'll never know. Imagine the Internet if it happened now with Red Dead. I guess they have things pretty watertight though considering all info that gets out about GTA Online, plus if the map turns out to be real...

Of course it was intentional! The same screen can be found on R*s site. It was probably a "sorry for the wait" gift

Ha we're all like drug addicts going thorough withdrawals while we wait for Rockstar to release anything new about RDR2. Those sadistic bastards must love torturing us.

• Like 3

Just one screenshot... that's all.

That reminds me, OneNewScreenshot was the account that leaked a screenshot of V back in the day. Memories.

what was the pic?

13141905.jpg

I hope theres alot of interesting gangs in this game. I hope theres a irish dead rabbits type gang, native americans and former slave gangs. Id love to see random shootouts and duels!

R* has hunted the profile already. Expected. hahah.

Rockstar, if you're reading this, this is the price for keeping us in the dark all these months. :evilgrin:

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 8

TheOriginalGunslinger

Still hoping that we can "rattlesnake" the bartender in the saloon. :D

Sonny_Black

It's just feel good and it is funny at the same time to know that they are actually out there haha!

NOW GIVE US A SCREENSHOT :colgate:

Edited by yeahmantiptap

I also can't rule out the possibility that someone here might be a Rockstar mole. We find something and within hours it's removed despite not making any headlines. I would start with British users like Kirsty and Reddagger. Remember that a mole would act just like another regular fan.

• Like 3

Dee-account-with-1kbans

I also can't rule out the possibility that someone here might be a Rockstar mole. We find something and within hours it's removed despite not making any headlines. I would start with British users like Kirsty and Reddagger. Remember that a mole would act just like another regular fan.

Its definitely not me.... :whistle:

I think we should fabricate a portfolio leak so they nuke innocent person's portfolio

if you have the power... :santa:

• Like 1

gwZr6Zc.png

Spider-Vice

Or one of the three guests viewing this thread right now. ;)

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Let's hunt down this mole and then tie him/her to the back of a horse and drag them all over the place. Just like in RDR1.

I was thinking perhaps he was only asked to remove it because he directly referenced a character which would be a pretty major spoiler, even if we've speculated about it beforehand. However, I've just noticed this one I linked back yesterday, which I didn't even tweet about, has removed it from his resumé as well:

Searched for the actorsaccess string with RDR2 and found another one https://www.stuartwilliams.info/resume It just says voice-over though, no character details.

What's strange though is that a lot of voice actors seem to do this for most games, not just Rockstar but any, and they put it up until they are asked to take it down again; don't they have to sign contracts? It seems weird none of them would realise they can't list it, but maybe they are allowed to, until the company files a complaint? Ethan Korver is still also strangely listed on IMDB and his tweets not taken down, so I wonder is that because he's not meant to be credited in the first place, or whether it's just spread too quickly already.

I would start with British users like Kirsty and Reddagger.

*cue Pink Panther music*

fib_ufo_small.png

"Wikileaks, if you're listening, I hope you can find those RDR2 screenshots and character bios that Rockstar has been hiding."

I was thinking perhaps he was only asked to remove it because he directly referenced a character which would be a pretty major spoiler, even if we've speculated about it beforehand. However, I've just noticed this one I linked back yesterday, which I didn't even tweet about, has removed it from his resumé as well:

Searched for the actorsaccess string with RDR2 and found another one https://www.stuartwilliams.info/resume It just says voice-over though, no character details.

What's strange though is that a lot of voice actors seem to do this for most games, not just Rockstar but any, and they put it up until they are asked to take it down again; don't they have to sign contracts? It seems weird none of them would realise they can't list it, but maybe they are allowed to, until the company files a complaint? Ethan Korver is still also strangely listed on IMDB and his tweets not taken down, so I wonder is that because he's not meant to be credited in the first place, or whether it's just spread too quickly already.

I would start with British users like Kirsty and Reddagger.

*cue Pink Panther music*

Are you implying that maybe some of these "leaks" have been planted deliberately in a spate of misinformation to throw us off the track? If not, can I imply that instead? Join us, we get to wear tin foil hats.

I could of sworn I read somewhere that some of the people putting up this info wasn't the actual actor involved but the advertising agency or agent. So could be that they are bending the rules as much as they can to show off their client a bit more. Sort of "Hey, my client is involved in a major part of this new major triple A game title. How much can we negotiate for him to appear in this herpes commercial?"*

*NB: There is no evidence that any Red Dead Redemption actors are due to appear in herpes commercials. Any relevance to such commercials either present or future is unintentional and should be ignored.

In other news, saw how much today Rockstar has paid white hat hackers to show them their security issues. Over $90,000 in total.

https://hackerone.com/rockstargames

Interesting that all of Rockstars ones haven't been released of what they were. I mean, most of the ones on there don't specify but the odd one does. Also fascinating to see some of the guys helping the most have also helped other major sites like the US Department Of Defence, Uber, General Motors, etc. If you've got some spare time and this kind of things interests you, worth a read to see what kind of security flaws were identified and fixed. One was even about someone able to gain access to downloading local files on the US Army website. I'm sure it was nothing major but still....yikes.

Edited by Chalk
  • Like 2

Chalk-RedDead.png

I also agree it could be the agencies, they need to recruit other actors like you said, so it'd give them a reason to flaunt the rules of information embargos or whatever. It surely didn't take them long to delete it, less than a day, so they must get these kinds of complaints regularly and someone is definitely on the ball with reporting them.

I'll definitely wear that tin foil hat alongside you Mr Chalk, anything could happen nowadays, you never know who is watching. Deliberate leaks might be more commonplace than we realise, as we're just sitting here chewing on whatever we can, though I personally find it a strange strategy. I'd take even a screenshot of a tree right now over this.

Hey Jabalous, you've found all this stuff so far... I think you're putting up a smoke screen by trying to blame us, it must be YOU! :O

The Hacker One usage is certainly interesting too. I've not seen them be so open about acknowledging their vulnerabilities before. I'm guessing they really want to tackle what's been happening with GTA Online, in effort to make RDR2 even more watertight. And it's a good thing, we don't want the community turning into spoiled brats over this game as well.

• Like 2

fib_ufo_small.png

Not as big as Dutch find, but I think it's interesting. We may meet with A German psychiatrist in RDR2. Another day, another profile:

http://rogergrunwald.com/resume/

Untitled, in-production. Better hide the title, but reveal the role.

The last few months boiled down to two lines:

Us- Rockstar can we have info

Rockstar- No

gajrajgchouhan

Not as big as Dutch find, but I think it's interesting. We may meet with A German psychiatrist in RDR2. Another day, another profile:

Nice find, man.Better take a screen shot and save it in PC.

Where do people find these resume anyways ?

He's also on ActorsAccess, with a character name of "Menchen"

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/Roger_Grunwald

fib_ufo_small.png

Spider-Vice

I'm on mobile but to keep the page use a service like archive.is and save the link.

Great finds!

Edited by Spider-Vice

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

He's also on ActorsAccess, with a character name of "Menchen"

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/Roger_Grunwald

That could definitely be his character's name, which is of a German origin.

A tribute to the German of Redemption, Andreas Muller:

muller.jpg

"You f*cking cheat!"

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 3