2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

TheOriginalGunslinger

Would be awesome to see Ricketts in his prime.

I'm all for this. Sadly, a new voice actor is needed.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Would be awesome to see Ricketts in his prime.

I'm all for this. Sadly, a new voice actor is needed. They could have a younger sounding actor playing a younger Ricketts.

If the left one is John, the other one can't be Ricketts. They haven't met until 1911 in Mexico.

• Like 4

TheOriginalGunslinger

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction.

We will probably get Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories mobile/tablet news before anything Red Dead Redemption 2 related (even if it's a couple of screens).

Chinese Takeout

I believe it's settled now:

rdr1.jpg

From left to right: John Marston, ?, Dutch, ?, Bill Williamson, ? (maybe Ricketts or Escuella), ?

I was hoping for a completely new set of characters, but no issue as long as the writing is of a high quality. It's either the story of the gang leading to the events of Redemption, or we will only meet them during the events of the game. Them being at the center of the promotional art tells me it's the former case. After all, 'Redemption' title could change with new Red Dead games and this was named as such because it's, uh, a prequel.

'Unforgiving Heartland' (People don't forget, nothing gets forgiven; John Marston).

No.

If the left one is John, the other one can't be Ricketts. They haven't met until 1911 in Mexico.

That's right, but who knows, they mightn't be all from the same gang. More like a collection of shadowy figures (The Legends of the Heartlands, hmmmm). Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but notice that the recognizable members of Dutch's gang aren't placed adjacent to each other. There's a guy separating between Marston and Dutch and so is the case between Dutch and Williamson. That could be a sign of something (R* and their little details). There's also an unpopular theory that the Ricketts-looking man is actually Red Harlow of Revolver.

No.

Why?

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 2

Frantz Fuchs

That's right, but who knows, they mightn't be all from the same gang. More like a collection of shadowy figures (The Legends of the Heartlands, hmmmm). Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but notice that the recognizable members of Dutch's gang aren't placed adjacent to each other. There's a guy separating between Marston and Dutch and so is the case between Dutch and Williamson. That could be a sign of something (R* and their little details). There's also an unpopular theory that the skinny guy is actually Red Harlow of Revolver.

No.

Why?

John and Ricketts didn't know each other

• Like 1

J.Dillinger Blackheart

I think story is going to revolve around the mysterious guy dead center..Whoever he is. But maybe at the same time, tells the story of past & present John, Bill & Dutch etc in some way.

Again, it's correct that Marston and Ricketts didn't meet until Mexico, but remember that the men on the art aren't necessarily part of the same gang. They look more like a collection of characters, with three being easily recognized as members of Dutch's group. All we know from Redemption is that the old gang featured Marston, Dutch, Williamson, Escuella and Abigail as prominent members before it was disbanded. There was no mention of other characters, but of course R* can make up something and introduce us to new members in order to serve the narrative. It's a mystery, but I can see the gang acting in the background of the story and they will be tied to the narrative closely, but we won't be playing them.

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 1

Perhaps the 7 figures are just a preview of Red Dead Online, or the fact it might surround 7 outlaws. I think the poster might be more of a hint than who the characters actually will be. The poster is definitely recognisable figures, there's no doubt about it even if they didn't connect until RDR1, but the 7 at the end of the trailer are all different, and you can't match the burning oil fields guy with any of them either.

• Like 6

fib_ufo_small.png

TheOriginalGunslinger

It's cool to play as old characters but I'm surely not the only one hoping for a set of brand new characters in this "Unforgiving Heartland". I wanna see a new story of "Redemption" from another posse.

Or...

If it is Dutch and the gang I wanna see how these guys actually met each other and how their bond and friendship grew until you know... *cough* botched train robbery *cough*. Like, I wanna see who met who, when and where, and how their gang became known...

• Like 3

Dee-account-with-1kbans

The GTAForums Cycle.

Discuss things that have been discussed for months--->Find small information (like Mocap/Voice actors)----> Anticipate news for the following week------> get letdown----->repeat

Edited by DeeDogg_

Perhaps the 7 figures are just a preview of Red Dead Online, or the fact it might surround 7 outlaws. I think the poster might be more of a hint than who the characters actually will be. The poster is definitely recognisable figures, there's no doubt about it even if they didn't connect until RDR1, but the 7 at the end of the trailer are all different, and you can't match the burning oil fields guy with any of them either.

I still think that the scene of the 7 men at the end of the trailer is a reference to a Multiplayer posse. That or the models were placeholders because the actual story models (Dutch and the rest) weren't ready yet (unlikely, or a wild theory). I guess we are not far away from knowing what, who, when and why. It's just a matter of a few weeks.

:r*:

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger

I hope it's not a reference to a multiplayer posse because the original Red Dead Redemption max limit for posse members was 8. If it decreases by 1 then that would be kinda strange.

I think this part is likely underrated. We have automatically assumed the 7 in the picture are the same 7 that appear towards the end of the trailer. An easy assumption given that there is 7 in both. However if the guy right at the end of the trailer standing in front of the oil fields, the one also presumably doing the voiceover that "When the time comes, you've gotta run and don't look back", is NOT one of the 7. Then who is he? Could he be the playable character whilst the rest are minor NPCs? Could it be somewhat of a father figure to our character who has been killed and the story revovles around going and finding his killer? The game is still called Redemption after all. Or is he the one we have to kill to find that redemption?

This whole conversation reminds me of when GTAV had its first trailer and everyone was looking for any minor details which could be hidden. The fact is that most of the scenes were just random scenes of people going about their every day life. In only a few of them did they contain the playable characters, but you couldn't really tell in what capacity they all related. I think thats similar to what we have the RDR2. We know that the 7 riding horses must be at the minimum, important NPCs. Exactly how they relate to us as the playable character/s, we won't know until at least a second trailer or more info. Sure is fun to speculate though.

EDIT:

I still think that the scene of the 7 men at the end of the trailer is a reference to a Multiplayer posse. That or the models were placeholders because the actual story models (Dutch and the rest) weren't ready yet (unlikely, or a wild theory). I guess we are not far away from knowing what, who, when and why. It's just a matter of a few weeks.

:r*:

I don't think its (or at least I hope its not) a link to MP posses. Sure, there's no doubt that MP posse will play a part in this game. But I think the first trailer isn't the play to spruik it if you want people to take the game as a serious SP adventure. Also, if the actual story models just weren't ready, they wouldn't of released the trailer. There was no reason for them to release the trailer at that time. They could of waited another month for everything to be perfect and no one would of be any the wiser. The trailer was released because in the eyes of Rockstar it was perfect and couldn't be improved on. The fact that we're still dissecting this nearly 6 months later is testament to that.

Edited by Chalk

Chalk-RedDead.png

Christ, be careful when you say things like that. They ignite riots around these parts!

It's a good shout though, the burning scene with the voice over could be the SP tease, and that last bit an Online tease. Sorta similar to what they did with one of the gameplay trailers for GTA V where they added the Online tease with the jet at the end that sent everybody coocoo.

• Like 2

The trailer kinda shows us a bit of a story the people in the town and the posse on their way to rob it.

Dick Justice

Christ, be careful when you say things like that. They ignite riots around these parts!

It's a good shout though, the burning scene with the voice over could be the SP tease, and that last bit an Online tease. Sorta similar to what they did with one of the gameplay trailers for GTA V where they added the Online tease with the jet at the end that sent everybody coocoo.

Am I wrong in thinking that the guy in the burning field is the same as the guy in the middle of the horse riding pack? They have the same jacket, hat and black bandana.

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess we have to remember that Trevor (or his final model) wasn't even in the first GTA V trailer, so we might be clutching at straws and reading too much into things for sure. It was practically only a teaser instead of a trailer as we got no information from it. I only think we should try and pick someone from it because they supposedly plan to release it sooner than the wait we had for GTA V when we knew a lot of things were going to change. Burning oil fields guy feels like the strongest contender to me as this was when the voice over came in with that line, it focuses on him a tiny bit extra than the other people we see in the video and it seems like a cutscene. Kind of like when Michael was balcony guy.. it was his voice and we saw his likeness in the trailer, and everyone thought it was Tommy Vercetti haha.

The 7 outlaws at the end might just be NPCs, true, but there's just something about them that makes them look so random and customised that they might be Online characters. The far right one I have always been convinced is a lady.

We're definitely covering old ground here though haha.

• Like 2

fib_ufo_small.png

TheOriginalGunslinger

I swear... ONE screenshot alone would be alright at the moment.

• Like 5

Just one screenshot... that's all.

That reminds me, OneNewScreenshot was the account that leaked a screenshot of V back in the day. Memories.

• Like 3

fib_ufo_small.png

Dick Justice

The GI cover reveal this month hurts. I was resigned to the fact that it was going to be Shadow of War, as they're doing a full gameplay preview on the 8th and GameInformer also teased that date. The fact that it isn't that or Red Dead makes it even worse for some reason. Maybe it's because I'm now thinking that it could have been Red Dead... And I like Uncharted too, but I got my fill of that last year.

Anyway, so I know this has been discussed to death, just wanted to leave this here.

burning_field_guy.jpg

Lemoyne outlaw

I swear... ONE screenshot alone would be alright at the moment.

sure that would be awsome. but like with a lot of things if you get a little of one thing then you would keep begging for more.

That reminds me, OneNewScreenshot was the account that leaked a screenshot of V back in the day. Memories.

The one with the submarine?

Also, there was this asshole member that tried to convince everyone that the screenshot was fake.

Edited by Distrom
  • Like 2

The one with the submarine?

Also, there was this asshole member that tried to convince everyone that the screenshot was fake.

Haha yeah the sub.

That was a proper leak, no sources required or files decrypted, just a good old fashioned leak. Whether it was intentional or not we'll never know. Imagine the Internet if it happened now with Red Dead. I guess they have things pretty watertight though considering all info that gets out about GTA Online, plus if the map turns out to be real...

• Like 2

fib_ufo_small.png

gajrajgchouhan

Could this be a nuke?

Dutch could be making a return if this guy's Actorsaccess page is anything to go by:

aaa.png

This might turn into a thunderstorm.

:whistle:

And it's gone.R* at it again.

And it's gone.R* at it again.

We're just helping Rockstar out here. We turn up the leaks, Rockstar destroys the evidence, and we're back to normality. Team work!

fib_ufo_small.png

R* I know you are reading this forum, so since we're helping you with those "unfortunate" leaks, you should give us a screenshot or something in return. :r*:

TheOriginalGunslinger

Remember JSticks "something" showed actual gameplay like a week or so before back in 2013?

His whereabouts are still unknown to this day.

R* I know you are reading this forum

FOR GOD SAKE PLEASE BRING THE BOW & ARROW INTO THE GAME! ;) Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger