2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

You guys are talking about news on tuesday as if you know Rockstar's schedule.

Damn guys i wasnt expecting sh*t this week but the way u f*ckers speak makes me want to buy tuesday too.

f*ck u guys!

Damn guys i wasnt expecting sh*t this week but the way u f*ckers speak makes me want to buy tuesday too.

f*ck u guys!

Whoa, dude.

Femme Fatale

f*ck u guys!

Need help untagling your panties?

Dee-account-with-1kbans

f*ck u guys!

Need help untagling your panties?

You took that comment the wrong way. Perhaps its your panties that need "untagling".

• Like 4

Payne Killer

I hope we see Steven Ogg in RDR2, as an outlaw or some bounty hunter similar to John "The Hangman" Ruth in The Hateful Eight.

• Like 1

LegacyKillaHD

I hope we see Steven Ogg in RDR2, as an outlaw or some bounty hunter similar to John "The Hangman" Ruth in The Hateful Eight.

....or how he was in Westworld. Nothing like a bad guy drinking some good ole milk while killing a loving family

z4ZgJz4.jpg

Edited by LegacyKillaHD

So nobody thinks game informer will be red dead 2?

As much as I would love that, I think its more likely to be a game due for release sooner than Red Dead. Unless there is a bunch of new info that they are intending to drop between now and the cover reveal (or within the issue), then I can't see the next bit of information coming that way. More likely that Rockstar will do it on their own terms, and GameInformer will pick up and run with the hype with whatever article they can produce.

• Like 3

Chalk-RedDead.png

At minimum we have to wait 200 days for RDR2 to release. It seems so far away.

Note: it's 200 days until fall (22nd September)

Yeah but if you consider the fact that it's been 145 days* since the trailer then that doesn't seem so bad, especially seeing as the time ahead will be full of Red Dead news.

*Give or take, someone mentioned it a few days back and I can't remember the exact number.

136 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes.

TheOriginalGunslinger

2:09... LOL! FAIL Stuntman. Ouch!

• Like 1

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Definitely suspect that the next few G.I covers will be a game released before RDR2 like a second God of war cover, Spider-ManPs4, Mordor shadow of war perhaps. R* could very well release another teaser/trailer possibly at E3 too Followed by a slew of screenshots down the line. even if a delay is imminent, sufficient marketing must continue right?

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Definitely suspect that the next few G.I covers will be a game released before RDR2 like a second God of war cover, Spider-ManPs4, Mordor shadow of war perhaps. R* could very well release another teaser/trailer possibly at E3 too Followed by a slew of screenshots down the line. even if a delay is imminent, sufficient marketing must continue right?

Theres no way in hell Spiderman or GoW is releasing this year. (The ladder is actually confirmed not to be)

I think its Red Dead

I'm not sure it will be Red Dead announced for GI this week. I was so hyped last month, and I'm hyped for info in March as well, but now I have doubts about a GI cover any sooner than May.

They usually announce a cover with the promise of a full spread of info, but they also launch an online hub on their website where other articles can be read about the game etc to tease us into buying the mag. To have all this ready it means they would have already gone to NYC to play the game within the last 6-8 weeks or so since it would take time to write and then get approved. The game itself was only announced 4 months ago, would the game even be ready for a "hands on" so soon?

Plus, when we were really hyped up last month, Matt Bertz (one of the main editors) tweeted at us "Felt bad you all got so hyped but I’m right there with you! Can’t wait for more RDR2 intel." Maybe they are being extra secretive or have been slapped with a big NDA this time, but I'd be extremely surprised to see RDR2 announced for the cover this week. Maybe my optimism is just draining :p

• Like 5

fib_ufo_small.png

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Theres no way in hell Spiderman or GoW is releasing this year. (The ladder is actually confirmed not to be)

I think its Red Dead

better look in to that first.. they are both set for 2017. What u think PlayStation just going to cancel these exclusives or delay them? Even if that happens they can still be featured. There are a few other title's that can be featured on the G.i. too.

Well, the game was actually teased and announced almost 5 months ago and not 4 (only a week away before 1 is added to 4). By mid April, it' going to be 6 months and we would have got 'things' by then, unless, well, the bad news of a delay is coming and we would have to wait later this year for the first batch of info. I myself have become more desperate for news and the wait is becoming dreadful day by day. Red Dead isn't just a video game, it's an experience, one that you only get every 7 years or more.

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 4

I thought they would post something about RD2 today. They have been silent since Friday. alas, More gta online.

It's so tedious.

• Like 2

TheOriginalGunslinger

If this gets delayed until Spring 2018...

Faints.gif

Actually, I don't think anybody would be shocked at all.

• Like 2

• Like 12

fib_ufo_small.png

I will actually be shocked if it's pushed to 2018. it's true that every game that R* published in the past 9 years got its own share of the delay train, but the situation was completely different than the present as they were running out of their bandwidth by working on multiple publicly announced projects at the same time, let alone assigning one studio a whole project. A large chunk of the rumors about bad management and crushed developers originated from that period (2009-2012) when they were working on RDR, L.A.Noire, Max Payne 3, early Agent and their DLCs, and even GTA V.

Now, it seems that they have learned the lesson and rather than working on multiple things at the same time and making promises to the public, they started to assign all studios to work on one single publicly announced project. They wouldn't lose anything if RDR2 got delayed because it would sell like if nothing happened, but it would create a bad reputation as everyone would stop believing any first date they carelessly throw at consumers.

• Like 3

Dee-account-with-1kbans

I think its Red Dead

better look in to that first.. they are both set for 2017. What u think PlayStation just going to cancel these exclusives or delay them? Even if that happens they can still be featured. There are a few other title's that can be featured on the G.i. too.

None of them are set for 2017. The spiderman game doesnt even have a name. A dev for GoW said dont expect it this year. Although I do think the cover may be for Middle Earth

Clickbait title from Silentc0re incoming

"RED DEAD 2 CHARACTER REVEALED!"

just joshing

Edited by DeeDogg_
  • Like 3

Spider-Vice

I don't believe in a delay at all. With all the information gathered I think they've handled this announcement much better. It's just that Rockstar's modus operandi is really annoying.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Phatgordo13

I don't believe in a delay at all. With all the information gathered I think they've handled this announcement much better. It's just that Rockstar's modus operandi is really annoying.

Agreed. We're 7 years removed from RDR? 4 removed from GTAV? A delay would only prove every cocaine rumor I've ever heard about R* to be 100% valid.

I did stop by to see how things were going. Pretty much, as expected. :lol:

Is it......crrrrrazy to start thinking we're on a course for an E3 dump? I know I know.....R*.....but I'm not necessarily saying they'll be at E3. I mean, maybe? They are just as likely to do their own info dump on the first day of E3 because....of course they would. A GI cover story wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities if to just tease a bit more before larger promotion commences. That being said, if I had to wager a guess when full scale promotion kicks in I would have guessed....you know.....JUNE.

x1x8blG.pngxLE0acU.pngU8hagTN.png

There's no evidence for a delay at all (yet), it's just wary fans who've been through it before.

• Like 4

God of War hasn't even had 1 cover story yet and I'd suspect that one would slip to 2018 anyway despite a lot of progress made on the game.

I expect the cover reveal this week and to be Mordor but they've been a little quiet at GI about the cover and Mordor alledgly is getting a bunch of previews from other outlets this week which means a GI cover might not be a lock...

Indeed. I'm not ready to call an RDR2 delay yet, and I agree that Rockstar handled the original teaser announcement OK, and in a proper time frame for a non-delayed RDR2.

HOWEVER, this IS Rockstar marketing we're talking about, the trollmasters of AAA gaming. So I'm also sure there will not be a peep about RDR2 at E3, and that the covers and interviews won't happen until June 2017 issues of the mags (published in May) and we won't get any additional RDR2 info or screenshots or trailers until May. My *humble* opinions.

Indeed. I'm not ready to call an RDR2 delay yet, and I agree that Rockstar handled the original teaser announcement OK, and in a proper time frame for a non-delayed RDR2.

HOWEVER, this IS Rockstar marketing we're talking about, the trollmasters of AAA gaming. So I'm also sure there will not be a peep about RDR2 at E3, and that the covers and interviews won't happen until June 2017 issues of the mags (published in May) and we won't get any additional RDR2 info or screenshots or trailers until May. My *humble* opinions.

Even though you're probably right about no info for a while, I hope you get proven wrong by Rockstar.

• Like 3

Frantz Fuchs

In other news, as of now RDR2 is the 2nd most pre-ordered game. With no release date and just one trailer no less.

In other news, as of now RDR2 is the 2nd most pre-ordered game. With no release date and just one trailer no less.

Where did you get that, VGchartz?

Frantz Fuchs

Where did you get that, VGchartz?

Yeah, I know the numbers are not 100% accurate but the general trend is.