1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

BaileyPoints

^Alright... Anyways will the Switch be able to handle openworld games like RDR2?

If a game such as Skyrim is coming to Switch, then I don't see why RDR2 can't

TheOriginalGunslinger

Yes, apologies for going off-topic.

I'm sure we'll all be hyperventilating even if a screenshot dropped :D

• Like 2

Not entirely. See spoiler below.

ZlhkZi9.jpg

• Like 5

TheOriginalGunslinger

Not entirely. See spoiler below.

ZlhkZi9.jpg

That pic never gets old! :D Haha

Duduziinho1620

Rockstar gotta be kidding us with this lack of information about the game, the first time i played the first Redemption was in 2014 i guess? Died many times in the Hardcore mode which came with the GOTY Edition. Still have hope for something about Redemption 2 in my birthday though (03/20, i'll be 17 years old) :)

Rockstar gotta be kidding us with this lack of information about the game, the first time i played the first Redemption was in 2014 i guess? Died many times in the Hardcore mode which came with the GOTY Edition. Still have hope for something about Redemption 2 in my birthday though (03/20, i'll be 17 years old) :)

Could be worse... you could have played RDR in 2010. Which means you would have still been waiting for a sequel for 7 years.

If you were playing on PS3, I probably killed you a bunch of times. Though I didn't play that much in 2014 because the multiplayer was still broken. Then Rockstar did a patch to make an attempt to fix the online but they also gave everyone explosive rifles. A lot of us complained and so Rockstar made the online back to how it was originally. It was great until the multiplayer got infected again.

^Alright... Anyways will the Switch be able to handle openworld games like RDR2?

Because Skyrim is old tech from 2011 and the new iteration of the RAGE engine powering RDR2 is likely designed to push the current gen of consoles, including PS4 Pro and Scorpio, to their limits.

The Switch isn't supposed to a powerful console as that's not it's function and it's mobility sets it apart. I also think it shows that a game like Zelda can still be stunning due to its outstanding art design.

• Like 2

Skyrim, as brilliant as it was, was no technological feat or anything. It reused assets and textures all over the place, dungeons had only a few different themes, they used tricks such as putting wardrobes in the ground to turn them into tables, textures weren't particularly impressive or high resolution and it had some pretty meh animations. It wasn't considered a ground breaking game for it's visuals at all. Red Dead Redemption on the other hand, was. The typical Rockstar level of detail, reusing as few textures and assets as possible (although all developers will reuse at some point), great lighting, weather effects, animations, etc. They are very different beasts when it comes to the technical aspect. Funnily enough, just recently Todd Howard of Bethesda stated that he "couldn't say" what version of Skyrim on Switch was (the original from last gen, or the remaster on PS4/Xb1) and the only reason he would say that if it wasn't the remaster - the Switch is genuinely not a powerful console by today's standards but that's not what it's intended for.

Aaaaaanyway. Looks like another week of no information... Just some screens would be nice man. Remember they did those "Travel, Business and Leisure" pics (or something along those lines) with GTA V? Would love them to do the same with RDR2.

Dick Justice

Aaaaaanyway. Looks like another week of no information... Just some screens would be nice man. Remember they did those "Travel, Business and Leisure" pics (or something along those lines) with GTA V? Would love them to do the same with RDR2.

All too well. We got a great look at Franklin back when he was known only as "red car guy." Those screens were like a mirage in the middle of the 2012 info-drought. It was actually kind of horrible - we'd had nothing for months, then 10 screens followed by nothing for months. I think I'd kill for that at the moment though. At least a mention of the game on the Newswire, like when GTA V was finally mentioned in the Max Payne 3 Asked&Answered post.

Edited by Dick Justice

Dee-account-with-1kbans

lol are you seriously comparing a last gen port to a full fledged next gen game that looks too good for even a PS4 to handle?

My money's still on next week btw

Edited by DeeDogg_

Who bought his/her Hype Train ticket already? If the poll above is a good measure, then the train will be ready for boarding soon!

Toot Tooot.

Edited by Jabalous

Who bought his/her Hype Train ticket already? If the poll above is a good measure, then the train will be ready for boarding soon!

Toot Tooot.

Where do I buy a Hype train Ticket? I bought one when the trailer came out but I've seemed to have lost it

Toot Tooot.

Where do I buy a Hype train Ticket? I bought one when the trailer came out but I've seemed to have lost it

The twist is that anybody posting here should already have bought his/her own ticket. You only lose it when you abandon writing here regularly, which you actually haven't.

Maybe a bad joke of mine. :p

I can't wait to have a countdown topic and such closer to the release date. We should prepare our own posse in anticipation. We all have tickets for the train, but we're running on fumes right now, we can't add any more fuel until we get that info drop.

God I hope this game isn't delayed.

Hoping for some info very soon. I can only watch that one minute trailer so many times.

So, GI issue for this month is most likely going to be about that game called Shadow of War which was revealed a few days ago. That leaves us with a big hope for May issue next month. Perfect time before T2's next conference in May.

Hoping for some info very soon. I can only watch that one minute trailer so many times.

Well we certainly got a certain flavour of info from Rockstar, just wasn't necessarily RDR2 related ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 1

Watching that trailer again R* did a good job hiding details. No hints at all no clue who the main character is because their face is all covered up. No numbers or anything at all in the trailer that leads us to closer to info anyone remember the 2405 house from GTA V? Sure it ended up being nothing but that was fun speculation.

Edited by Zello

Spider-Vice

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60149/Coming-Soon-to-GTA-Online-Special-Vehicle-Races-New-Cars-Modes-More

I am finding one thing interesting though. Rockstar talked about GTA Online updates to come through this Spring and Summer. We all know what comes after Summer and what game is in that time period...

• Like 3

Activision Blizzard buys Take-Two Interactive , and we get info for all RDR2 and future Rockstar projects. Plus unlimited dlcs for RDR2.

Note-Edit: Jokes aside, we really need to get info sooner now, Rockstar strategy is so outdated tbh.

Edited by BLOOD

We all know what comes after Summer and what game is in that time period...

FALL IS RED! FALL IS DEAD! FALL IS OURS!

:r*:

Fall aint Winter?

If we go by our hemisphere, fall begins towards end of September, and then winter begins towards the end of December. So between that would be their window for releasing RDR2, though my bet is October. If they had said "holiday 2017" it would be December.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Toot Tooot.

Until we board... I'll still continue to post this at times when it's appropriate.

KkI2gS9.gif

:D

TheOriginalGunslinger

In all serious though, I can't wait to hear more! Even if it's just a few screens... That alone would wet my appetite. I don't wanna know "too, too" much you know? (Actually, yes I do! :D) Haha

What I'm most interested in is the characters. There are all sorts of whacky people in the west. Look at Seth from the original Red Dead Redemption. Man, he was weird... lol

• Like 2

It's either a RDRForumer playing with us, or it's real. An actor named Ethan Korver is now listed in Cast of RDR2's IMDB page. Checking his own page on the website, it lists several other games where he played as an actor or just for voice performance, apparently small-time roles. His role in RDR2 is simply named 'Cowboy'. Go to IMDB and check it out yourselves.

• Like 1

More gta online rubbish on the newswire.

To be honest it's ridiculous they are not promoting their first ps4/xbox one game. Apart from one short ass trailer.

They should be teasing us until they are ready to release something substantial, at least!

Is a few screenshots too much to ask for. Gta v is 4 years old for gods sake.

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

It's either a RDRForumer playing with us, or it's real. An actor named Ethan Korver is now listed in Cast of RDR2's IMDB page. Checking his own page on the website, it lists several other games where he played as an actor or just for voice performance, apparently small-time roles. His role in RDR2 is simply named 'Cowboy'. Go to IMDB and check it out yourselves.

At the end of the day IMDB can also be edited like Wikipedia, so it's always worth it taking it with a pinch of salt. People can mess with us via there.

I just tweeted that guy from IMDB. Let's see if he responds.