1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

Spider-Vice

Bone Tomahawk is a western horror, film. it's good, I recommend it.

I know that its just that what he said was totally unrelated to what I was talking about

He may have misinterpreted what you meant about droughts, assuming you needed something to fill that space.

Looks like the camera guy from IMDB stopped working for Rockstar in August 2016 and has RDR2 listed. Would cinematography be used mainly for cutscenes and possibly the trailer? Doesn't seem like the kind of position they'd want you to leave mid-project, mean it could be lot closer to completion than we think.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephrubino

Looks like the camera guy from IMDB stopped working for Rockstar in August 2016 and has RDR2 listed. Would cinematography be used mainly for cutscenes and possibly the trailer? Doesn't seem like the kind of position they'd want you to leave mid-project, mean it could be lot closer to completion than we think.

His name sounded familiar

last year some people said something about him and DLC

http://gtaforums.com/topic/842038-the-next-dlc-discussion-thread/page-112?do=findComment&comment=1068559296

http://gtaforums.com/topic/820262-the-story-mode-dlc-thread/page-219

Maybe he got fired? or the game is finished

Edited by Zello
  • Like 2

snip

What a coincidence he would pop up again now! You have a good memory lol. Definitely would have been kicked if he was really involved. I read the "emails" and a lot of the stuff seems wrong though.

Exactly. It feels more complete with that trailer than GTA V's first-ever trailer. Plus it In-game (In-engine) which could mean RDR2 was running/captured on the PS4. Geez i did not know IMDB does gaming. Always learning something new everyday.

LegacyKillaHD

Bone Tomahawk is a western horror, film. it's good, I recommend it.

I know that its just that what he said was totally unrelated to what I was talking about

He may have misinterpreted what you meant about droughts, assuming you needed something to fill that space.

No I just messed up, quoted the wrong response lol somebody posted about Magnificent Seven being a good western to watch which is okay but Bone Tomahawk is a little bit more fun of a movie

Give The Magnificent Seven a watch for a new western that is savage as f*ck.

An everything Sergio Leone.

This is what I was referring to

Edited by LegacyKillaHD
  • Like 2

They possibly had a hand in the mo-cap work as well. But, August 2016 was around the time when a lot of changes were reportedly going on. Some got sacked with The Benz, others sounded like they left for their own reasons. It's quite possible he was one of them. Lot of changes have went on around Rockstar over the past 2 years and it undoubtedly had an effect on their schedule and the development of RDR2, which is quite possibly why it's out this Fall and isn't already in our hands, or out in Spring.

• Like 3

interesting video about the Ben Hoffman guy

0:42 hmm....

• Like 3

I think most of Rockstar's mocapping is done in-house so I don't think that is RDR2 related, but still an interesting connection ;)

I think most of Rockstar's mocapping is done in-house so I don't think that is RDR2 related, but still an interesting connection ;)

He'd also need the mocap suits they use but still cool

• Like 4

Well, you saw an Environment Simulation and some riding mechanics. And you heard A narration. What we didn't see though:no facial mo-cap finesse, no characters directly speaking, no combat or fighting Scene, not a single bullet fired, no gunplay, no pew pew! Of course you can be faithful, but if they had shown some of what I mentioned it would have delivered a much more complete feel, which to me it didn't necessarily do.

Well, the first GTA V trailer had lots of stuff in it and wasn't just a teaser and in the end we had to wait almost 2 years for the game. But I know what you mean!Yeah I guess with the Benz fiasco and all things were different then. Also at the time people were on the verge of ddos-attacking the newswire because Max Payne 3 was priority then, R* had to act and Show something - even though the online part wasn't ready at all,which is the focus for games today, and thus 2 more years went by until the game was out! Or, people at R* simply wanted to spend more time with Max, rightfully so, before moving on again! Edited by Noclue_42
  • Like 2

Good day yall. It wont be bad to get so news today.

Note-Edit:Geez i will be 23 tomorrow, i dont want to get old!

Edited by BLOOD-MOND

We aren't getting anything until March at least, probably. And if we did it would be tomorrow and not today.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 1

LegacyKillaHD

They possibly had a hand in the mo-cap work as well. But, August 2016 was around the time when a lot of changes were reportedly going on. Some got sacked with The Benz, others sounded like they left for their own reasons. It's quite possible he was one of them. Lot of changes have went on around Rockstar over the past 2 years and it undoubtedly had an effect on their schedule and the development of RDR2, which is quite possibly why it's out this Fall and isn't already in our hands, or out in Spring.

I still feel that E3 2016 reveal was suppose to happen as Colin Moriarty noted and not to mention Take Two hyping there conference which led to pretty much nothing from them. Certainly possible, Spring 2017 release got delayed to Fall 2017...

Edited by LegacyKillaHD
  • Like 3

I still feel that E3 2016 reveal was suppose to happen as Colin Moriarty noted and not to mention Take Two hyping there conference which led to pretty much nothing from them. Certainly possible, Spring 2017 release got delayed to Fall 2017...If the game was already delayed secretly they probably won't delay it again?

Yeah, it's very likely a delay already could have happened, since they seem to have favoured the month of May a lot for past releases outside of GTA, including RDR1, MP3 and LA Noire. I know delays can happen all the time in this industry since they want to only release games when they are ready, but it certainly looks better for them from all points of view if they don't do it publicly.

• Like 3

Interesting...We call it Soft launch then Secret Delay. Anyway we ought to get something on the first day/week of March.

Note-Edit: I heard all Rockstar studios have multiple projects in developments but then when it comes to working on a sequel to a big IP all these projects are put on hold to support the lead studio(s).

Edited by BLOOD-MOND
  • Like 1

Looks like some others want to get in on the action after Jabalous' IMDB finding yesterday. We now have Patrick Sinclair listed for digital effects and network management. If it's true, he has a lot of game credits to his name including GTA, but it's strange as it stays in his bio that he's for private hire, rather than actually working for R*.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6161168/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ql_1

Sinclair can often be seen in the special thanks in many leading video games or as an adviser. His primary work is pre release and after release support for repairing broken code, glitches and managing network issues. His company works with many lead game development companies when deadlines are close and production is behind.

• Like 8

I still feel that E3 2016 reveal was suppose to happen as Colin Moriarty noted and not to mention Take Two hyping there conference which led to pretty much nothing from them. Certainly possible, Spring 2017 release got delayed to Fall 2017...Colin elaborated on that via GAF where he had heard from one friend to the other where it likely all originated from the reddit rumour, I.E. Raidens bullsh*t. Like Colin said he's no longer really tied or involved with game journalism anymore since leaving IGN So he doesn't really have those contacts or insiders anymore.

Take Two at E3 in a big way was demonstrated with Mafia 3 since they recreated a large section of New Bordeux on the show floor and had nothing to do with Red Dead.

Edited by DGSimo

Looks like some others want to get in on the action after Jabalous' IMDB finding yesterday. We now have Patrick Sinclair listed for digital effects and network management. If it's true, he has a lot of game credits to his name including GTA, but it's strange as it stays in his bio that he's for private hire, rather than actually working for R*.

Sinclair can often be seen in the special thanks in many leading video games or as an adviser. His primary work is pre release and after release support for repairing broken code, glitches and managing network issues. His company works with many lead game development companies when deadlines are close and production is behind.

The Red Dead franchise ought have some lawsuits

😁😁. Thanks for the updates Kirsty 😊😊

Edited by BLOOD-MOND

7/8 protagonists,selectable in 3's could make for massive re-playability and God knows how many different potential endings. Could be a real movement towards making semi-unique play throughs as convergence of differing narrative lines could garner different story lines, interesting.

This is an interesting idea. If you could select 3 characters from 7, this would lead to 35 different combinations! Let's say that each character has his/her own base story-line, it would be cool for their story-line to change slightly based on the other characters you've picked. This could lead to up to 35 different story combinations. Meanwhile, the characters you haven't picked go on their individual base story-lines and you hear about them during your travels through the west.

Just a thought.

7/8 protagonists,selectable in 3's could make for massive re-playability and God knows how many different potential endings. Could be a real movement towards making semi-unique play throughs as convergence of differing narrative lines could garner different story lines, interesting.

This is an interesting idea. If you could select 3 characters from 7, this would lead to 35 different combinations! Let's say that each character has his/her own base story-line, it would be cool for their story-line to change slightly based on the other characters you've picked. This could lead to up to 35 different story combinations. Meanwhile, the characters you haven't picked go on their individual base story-lines and you hear about them during your travels through the west.

Just a thought.

Given the relatively shallow GTAV storyline with just 3 protags, I can imagine RDR2 SP consisting of 35 different story combinations, 2 missions each.

For a given protag selection, after 2 missions, the end screen pops up: Game Over. Do you want to go to RDR Online? :p

Woody Jackson is employed in the same way. IIRC he doesn't actually work for Rockstar, he is just hired by them for their games.

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Im very disappointed in R* for not keeping their games' visuals distinct. Looking back at the trailer, it just looks like a beefed up GTAV. The graphics are great but the artstyle is uninspired and drab. Lets hope that trailer 2 shows less similarities.

I'd be even more disappointed if they just copy pasted the awful PS2-like explosions, crappy fire, and physics too

I highly doubt we'll have any say in who the protagonists are. I'd bet we have a limited choice when it comes to who's in our Posse, though. Something like a more meaningful version of GTA V's Heist crew selection.

Im very disappointed in R* for not keeping their games' visuals distinct. Looking back at the trailer, it just looks like a beefed up GTAV. The graphics are great but the artstyle is uninspired and drab. Lets hope that trailer 2 shows less similarities.

I'd be even more disappointed if they just copy pasted the awful PS2-like explosions, crappy fire, and physics too

I hope it has its own unique art style, we can't really judge from a one minute cinematic trailer tho

Most likely just be a more cleaned up version of Redemption. It's not like R* is going for an unrealistic 'semi cartoon' look. They go for realism. That's why what we've seen looks like a browner and less clean version of GTA 5. Because the 19th century was browner and less clean looking than the 21st. But the sky is still blue, grass is still green, people still looked the same naked.