2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2: Discussion & Speculation (Part 1)

KyleCampbell95

I've noticed that this character hasn't been mentioned that much. He look's a lot like Marston compared to everyone else's speculations. This is what I could find.

QuPde.png

Isn't that character Dutch? He speaks in the trailer if I recall?

Yes Its Dutch

Ayy Lmao, that guy Kyle believes John's red shirt is a bandana...

Anyways, Is RDR2 going to be as rich as Call Of Duty and Tomb Raider or normal like Destiny?

John doesn't have a red shirt. And I get what you guys mean. I thought Dutch had a different hat.

kSK0jMo.jpg

Edited by KyleCampbell95

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Wonder will RDR2 take place after the botched robbery? Or Before..I hope the beginning of the game they show what happened to John and maybe the events leading up to it, then move into Arthur's story and how he gets mixed up with Dutch Gang.

mombo2811

Wonder will RDR2 take place after the botched robbery? Or Before..I hope the beginning of the game they show what happened to John and maybe the events leading up to it, then move into Arthur's story and how he gets mixed up with Dutch Gang.

why would they do that? its a prequel its not Red dead arthur redemption 2 lol

Edited by mombo2811

Vespid

L.A. Noire release date better come fast and go so that we get into RDR2 news season!

J.Dillinger Blackheart

why would they do that? its a prequel its not Red dead arthur redemption 2 lol look I'm not getting into this with you again, you clearly don't know what a prequel is or the many ways they can be done. Red dead Arthur redemption? You really thought that was funny huh? U actually laughed at that corny sh*t? Smfh.. when u realize this isn't another f*ckin John Marston story, let me know.

PapasHota

look I'm not getting into this with you again, you clearly don't know what a prequel is or the many ways they can be done. Red dead Arthur redemption? You really thought that was funny huh? U actually laughed at that corny sh*t? Smfh.. when u realize this isn't another f*ckin John Marston story, let me know.

It sure would be better if it was another John Marston story

J.Dillinger Blackheart

if that's how YOU feel? cool.. a story about john that everyone knows about? yea cool story bro.. RDR (the untold story) will be great :barf:

Edited by highzman420

DGSimo

John had his arc in the previous game. It'll be neat to see and meet up with our old friend, Mr. Marston, again but I don't want another game with him as the focus. We already had that so it'll be redundant.

I'm excited to see Dutch and the gang in their "prime" so to speak and Arthur thus far seems like quite the character so I'm glad he's the main.

DexMacLeod

My guess is after. Just from what we've seen in the trailer Dutch seems to be losing his way in regards to the whole "Robin Hood" thing and keeping a lot of the wealth for himself. I could see the gang turning on him pretty early in the story and the rest of it following Arthur as he tries to start and build up his own.

mombo2811

look I'm not getting into this with you again, you clearly don't know what a prequel is or the many ways they can be done. Red dead Arthur redemption? You really thought that was funny huh? U actually laughed at that corny sh*t? Smfh.. when u realize this isn't another f*ckin John Marston story, let me know.

Read this first

d081614748a493d354d863d71060738d.png

Hunter S. Compton

That raises a fun and interesting point. I definitely wouldn't hate it if John gets owned like in the prologue and then the rest of the game is about the downfall of the rest of Dutch's gang, and his mental deterioration. I would really like that! also I'm definitely in the camp that i will be f*ckin annoyed if John is any kind of real focal point.

I really don't think he will be, considering that the only GTA IV player character we see is Johnny Klebitz getting his face stomped in by Trevor. I feel like all this anger is making mountains out of potential molehills. I trust R* to, above all else, have a solid story.

Edited by Hunter S. Compton

saintsrow

its a prequel its not Red dead arthur redemption 2 lol

I'm looking forward to the new game, "Red Dead Arthur: Wheyre's Mah Moneh?" consisting of 100 missions in which Arthur shakes down a series of increasingly tough NPCs, to get his moneh back, leading to the exciting climactic final battle with the Boss DeadBeat. Damn, this game gon' be LIT.

EDIT: Rockstar didn't want to tie the game only to Arthur, so the new name is "Red Dead Collections."

Edited by saintsrow

Dick Justice

Isn't the game meant to be about finding Dutch's bag? I thought we figured that out.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/926557380841738241 - Andrew Reiner has come out and said the GI cover is NOT Superman, nor any other Rocksteady game.

Edited by Dick Justice

Spider-Vice

Who knows if it could be Rock related tho. (likely not, maybe we won't even get a GI cover tbh)

Jabalous

I am sure we will get a GI cover in one of these months. The game is too big and most anticipated to be simply covered first in a preview on the internet (i.e. IGN, Gamespot).

Spider-Vice

RDR1 didn't get one and I'm sure R* would've loved to advertise that game even more because it was the first one in the Red Dead series in years.

mombo2811

RDR1 didn't get one and I'm sure R* would've loved to advertise that game even more because it was the first one in the Red Dead series in years.

even more? Every game rockstar makes doesnt need a GI cover. Its like you guys have this thing in the back of your head saying that, ooo they had a gta 5 GI cover!? THAT has to mean that they will do it for every game they release after gta 5!!!!

Jabalous

Vice City, San Andreas, Bully, The Warriors, IV, Max Payne 3, L.A.Noire and V. Each one of these titles had an exclusive Game Informer coverage and Redemption was the exception, but not this time again.

;)

Edited by Efreet

Hunter S. Compton

Isn't the game meant to be about finding Dutch's bag? I thought we figured that out.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/926557380841738241 - Andrew Reiner has come out and said the GI cover is NOT Superman, nor any other Rocksteady game.

but arthur always has dutch's bag. seems like a pretty easy mission if you ask me.

Also I'm definitely in the camp of thinking that they will have a GI cover. It just seems like such a no brainer. As for the fist one not getting one... I think that's because the game literally came out 5 months after announcement (December '09 to May '10). Given the much larger interim period this time, they need to promote a little more to maintain interest. I think the GI cover about 5-6 months out from release would be the start of the rest of a larger broader marketing campaign.

For refernce, GTA V cover was December of 2012, and at that time the game was slated to be released in Spring of 13, so 5-6 months later (yes it was delayed until September). My point is, if it's going to happen, now is the time. I would say that if the next cover is not RDR2, i will no longer expect it. It will be the next cover, or not at all.

Edited by Hunter S. Compton

J.Dillinger Blackheart

even more? Every game rockstar makes doesnt need a GI cover. Its like you guys have this thing in the back of your head saying that, ooo they had a gta 5 GI cover!? THAT has to mean that they will do it for every game they release after gta 5!!!! 😂 Ohhh but u think a prequel has to have us play as John all over again telling the same old boring ass story of his huh? Smfh..why wouldn't there be a G.I. Cover? May just not be it's time yet maybe. Without a doubt there will be RDR2 G.I cover, when? Who knows.. But for such a memorable game as RDR, it would be foolish not to for the sequel imo.

Jabalous

Our fella Jason, who's a regular here, will have a supporting role in Redemption 2. All this time and he didn't say anything. Get him!

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/jasonhurt

Our longtime friends at Rockstar are still browsing this topic as demonstrated by the removal of Redemption 2 from the list.

Edited by Efreet

DGSimo

RDR didn't get one because Max Payne 3 got the cover story that year when both titles were revealed.

Who knows if they'll get a cover this year. I'll be curious to see what's revealed tomorrow or Tuesday given it'll have to be a 2018 game for sure.

Dick Justice

You've got the investor call on Tuesday at 4:30 in the afternoon. That leaves the entire day open for a potential announcement.

God, I'm setting myself up for disappointment again.

saintsrow

You've got the investor call on Tuesday at 4:30 in the afternoon. That leaves the entire day open for a potential announcement.

God, I'm setting myself up for disappointment again.

Rockstar brings two things into the world:

(1) Incredible, beautiful open world games,

(2) Massive disappointment via bad marketing

We hardcore fans get about a year of wonderful playtime out of each game, and about a year of bitter disappointment before each game, due to Rockstar's abysmal marketing. So overall, about half of Rockstar's total output is disappointment.

Sure, we have to pay $60 for the game, but the disappointment we get for free.

Gray-Hand

Serious question: Why do people say that Rockstar's marketing is bad when pretty much every Rockstar game is among the best sellers in whichever year they are released?

Jason

The Rockstar's marketing is bad thing comes from the fact that they basically do f*ck all till about 6 months from launch (which is fairly standard for a video game), but the issue is, and this is what makes people frustated is that they tend to announce their games 18+ months before they finally release. When they kick into gear and actually start advertising and promoting their games that talk pretty much vanishes, but in the meantime the hardcore fans have to endure long info droughts.

Edited by Jason

Dick Justice

To put it another way, it's the lack of marketing that frustrates everyone.

For the most part, their marketing is actually awesome. Only a few companies have a similar level of absolute rabidness when it comes to fans - notice how a simple tweet is enough to excite people for an upcoming trailer or announcement? It's also generally considered they don't need E3 or any other game event to market. Their trailers are consistently awesome and I'd dare say no other company gets people as excited over a batch of screenshots. But, as Jason said, it leaves fans in the lurch. All we have to do is debate about when -- or if -- their marketing department is actually doing something. So that's what we do.

DGSimo

Serious question: Why do people say that Rockstar's marketing is bad when pretty much every Rockstar game is among the best sellers in whichever year they are released?

Jason pretty much covered it. Their marketing isn't bad, it's just some who inhabit company or movie/game specific forums expect to spoon fed every detail about a project for weeks and months until release and when that doesn't happen then it's "bad marketing" and you have to put up with saintsrow schtick for awhile. Then you get within weeks of release and nobody cares or they start complaining they've been shown "too much".

It's not just games this attitude happens with but movies too and obviously Rockstar aren't catering their marketing to the select few here but the general public that obviously will make or break the success of the title.

Edited by DGSimo

Sensei ‎

I don't know if this has been brought up here before but someone made a post on NeoGAF saying that our protagonist looks a lot like the actor Taylor Sheridan. Now, as I am aware of all the buzz regarding Roger Clark, this guy right here shares more face similarities with Arthur than Roger himself, thoughts?

4mtctQv.jpg

Darrel

Tbh that looks exactly like him. Although its definitely rogers voice, right.

That resemblance though is dead on