2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Banned for modding, 10 day ban only?

balojax

So i modded and i bought a biker club with some cash drops will i still have my biker club when my ban has lifted? Thanks

Tough.

• Like 1

should have been permanent if you ask me.

ya best hope this thread fades quick lest the forum just plain not like you very much.

• Like 1

yes the initial ban its just 10 days, but you are pretty much doomed to be permabanned in rapid succession...

most people that get banned because of money drops tend to get a 30 days ban just hours after their initial 10 days ban is lifted and a permaban hours after the 30 day ban is lifted.

also remember that trying to sell any vehicle bought with the modded money would trigger a ban too.

Yeah the character is tainted, best bet to delete and start again as soon as you can get online.

most people that get banned because of money drops tend to get a 30 days ban just hours after their initial 10 days ban is lifted and a permaban hours after the 30 day ban is lifted.

also remember that trying to sell any vehicle bought with the modded money would trigger a ban too.

Never heard of either of these examples and I could go on a particular account right now and sell a vehicle purchased with illegitimate money I'd gained myself and it wouldn't cause a ban - there's no detection in place for that.

• Like 1

Ha what a dummy

Idiot u break the tos and wonder why ur banned. Go play the game like it should or buy shark cards.

Edited by Quinn_flower

Never heard of either of these examples and I could go on a particular account right now and sell a vehicle purchased with illegitimate money I'd gained myself and it wouldn't cause a ban - there's no detection in place for that.

Hi yes, so will i be banned again? Or will it just be back to normal? I'm really confused, originally i started wanting to use like player model mods (which i never got round to do) for fun then i like found the money drop option i tested it and i couldn't figure how to stop it eventually i did and i decided to spend it (does it change anything if i used the money btw). And will anything happen when the ban gets lifted thanks.

Modding? should have been permanent

First time you do it you don't get a permanent ban. (Not going to do it again) next 30 day then permanent i believe.

Ha what a dummy

Idiot u break the tos and wonder why ur banned. Go play the game like it should or buy shark cards.

Hah i know why i got banned. I knew i probably was going to get banned, i have other accounts as well but i am wondering if i will get my stuff back and it will be normal when i come back if not its fine i can use my other accounts. Fair enough rockstar. I might buy ur sharkcards one day...

No idea why people cheat or buy shark cards to get money. Either you want to actually play the game and will enjoy earning the money or you think it's boring to earn it legitimately in which case you should find a game you do enjoy. Maybe now you have been banned you shouldn't bother playing it again and instead find a game you want to play.

Well actually you can get a permanent ban for your first or second offence, but "the usual routine" is 1st offence - 10 days, 2nd offence - 30 days and 3rd offence - permanent. Rockstar Games is actually somewhat lenient!

Make sure you've got no hooks, scripts or other mods in your game directory. Google "vanilla gta directory" and look at the results to see what a default GTA V folder should look like, and as long as you've not modified any RPFs (or anything with a CRC on it) you should be fine.

Most bans these days are coming from the script thread being open, which is a no-no online.

Yeah the character is tainted, best bet to delete and start again as soon as you can get online.

Cheers for the advice but by tainted, could i theoretically use it again with my stuff and not get banned again or like call rockstar and tell them to remove all my money, then i can at least keep the bike club? Thanks

The character isn't tainted.. It's an automatic ban and next time if you get caught again will be automatic too. But you are no more likely to be banned as anyone else. If you want money without a ban, glitch it.

You will keep the bike club - but if you used cash bag drops then you're almost definitely going to be reset to $20,000. Money earned through tunables never seemed to get 'detected' in the sense that Rockstar Games would remove it (resetting you to $20,000), BUT, modifying any tunable now will get you banned, as there's a write-watch on them.

I wouldn't say it's an issue to keep on using that account, just don't partake in any modding any more and to be on the safe side, any time there's 'suspicious things' happening in a session online, just bail out of it. Can't be too safe these days and the worst of it is, a cheater in the session could even send you to bad sport... <sigh>

You will keep the bike club - but if you used cash bag drops then you're almost definitely going to be reset to $20,000. Money earned through tunables never seemed to get 'detected' in the sense that Rockstar Games would remove it (resetting you to $20,000), BUT, modifying any tunable now will get you banned, as there's a write-watch on them.

I wouldn't say it's an issue to keep on using that account, just don't partake in any modding any more and to be on the safe side, any time there's 'suspicious things' happening in a session online, just bail out of it. Can't be too safe these days and the worst of it is, a cheater in the session could even send you to bad sport... <sigh>

WOOOOW! Your so helpful thank you soooo much. +rep for you mister, never gonna mod again but you wrote a lot of useful info cheers bro.

I've been out of the game for a little bit, is there still a relatively safe $2k drop script?

this is all i see everyday in the support site...

people that get banned once because of modded money that end up getting banned again upon being released of their previous ban.

i can confirm as im not on pc.

Gotta say, it's funny how people on this forum defend glitching for money but harshly condemn using mods for money.

It's cheating either way, the only difference is the method and how Rockstar deals with it.

Gotta say, it's funny how people on this forum defend glitching for money but harshly condemn using mods for money.

It's cheating either way, the only difference is the method and how Rockstar deals with it.

It's no the same thing. I suppose next you'll claim that tax avoidance and tax evasion are exactly the same.

• Like 1

Money Glitch (from faulty coding) = Finding a nice amount of cash that has been dropped in the streets of a busy city

Money Modding = Taking cash from the wallet of the person standing in front of you

Huge difference. :p

A bug/glitch (that doesn't give you an advantage over another player) within the game is the fault of R* and their programmers; who cares if people take advantage of that.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 3

Money Glitch (from faulty coding) = Finding a nice amount of cash that has been dropped in the streets of a busy city

Money Modding = Taking cash from the wallet of the person standing in front of you

A bug/glitch (that doesn't give you an advantage over another player) within the game is the fault of R* and their programmers; who cares if people take advantage of that.

Exactly. Say someone has been plying this game for years, just grinding away like a good soldier. An opportunity arises that enables them to grab some quick cash and break away from the grind briefly. Be stupid not to take it. Don't have to grab some insane amount that will NEVER be needed either. Big difference in jumping out the gates with everything handed to them.

I find it funny that the guy asks "will I still have my motorcycle clubhouse after my ban?", yet people see the question "do I deserve to be banned for life?"

I created a modded money account with custom colours and a bunch of unavailable clothes. I made it with another modder online so it got a 10 day ban. I was advised in a dedicated modding forum that you can be susceptible to further bans and it would be best to just delete the account so I did.

Nobody asked my opinion on modding but as everyone else gives theirs, I have no problem with people money Glitches or money modding (creating a money account on last gen to transfer). Similarly I have no problem with people making their level 8000 and kdr stupid high because it gives them no advantage. They're more likely to be easier to compete against. The only problem I have is with hidden body parts and things like unlimited combat roll (even though I've never encounter it on ps4) that do give you an advantage.

If things are going to cost stupid money and they close off the only chance people have of testing fully upgraded cars and bikes then people are obviously going to look for ways of getting expendable money so they don't care if they don't like it.

I find it funny that the guy asks "will I still have my motorcycle clubhouse after my ban?", yet people see the question "do I deserve to be banned for life?"

I created a modded money account with custom colours and a bunch of unavailable clothes. I made it with another modder online so it got a 10 day ban. I was advised in a dedicated modding forum that you can be susceptible to further bans and it would be best to just delete the account so I did.

Nobody asked my opinion on modding but as everyone else gives theirs, I have no problem with people money Glitches or money modding (creating a money account on last gen to transfer). Similarly I have no problem with people making their level 8000 and kdr stupid high because it gives them no advantage. They're more likely to be easier to compete against. The only problem I have is with hidden body parts and things like unlimited combat roll (even though I've never encounter it on ps4) that do give you an advantage.

If things are going to cost stupid money and they close off the only chance people have of testing fully upgraded cars and bikes then people are obviously going to look for ways of getting expendable money so they don't care if they don't like it.

LOL true.

Edited by balojax

I've been out of the game for a little bit, is there still a relatively safe $2k drop script?

Not really, all scripts get detected now, i knew mine would but i was prepared to waste that account for a few hours of fun. Lol

Really? Well noone has ever explained to me what mod menu's do, but it sounded like people just making money appear out of thin air.

People get all riled up about modded money (see post above, as if I personally attacked someone, oh dear) but at the same time don't think there's anything wrong with exploiting the code of a game to acquire money they're actually not supposed to have. Now if you're telling me that what modders are doing is taking money from other players, then yeah, that's a big difference. If that is not what you're saying, then the end result is the same, except that I suppose a menu is easier and quicker to use to get wealthy quick.

Depending on the method used, there might be differences, yeah. But with the information I've got, that still doesn't explain the outrage about one while there's general acceptance for the other. Then again, it seems to be the exact same scenario in north american politics right now. Maybe people just like being outraged and arbitrarily deciding that something is bad while something similar isn't. Okay.

Edited by BlackMilk

Really? Well noone has ever explained to me what mod menu's do, but it sounded like people just making money appear out of thin air.

People get all riled up about modded money (see post above, as if I personally attacked someone, oh dear) but at the same time don't think there's anything wrong with exploiting the code of a game to acquire money they're actually not supposed to have. Now if you're telling me that what modders are doing is taking money from other players, then yeah, that's a big difference. If that is not what you're saying, then the end result is the same, except that I suppose a menu is easier and quicker to use to get wealthy quick.

Depending on the method used, there might be differences, yeah. But with the information I've got, that still doesn't explain the outrage about one while there's general acceptance for the other. Then again, it seems to be the exact same scenario in north american politics right now. Maybe people just like being outraged and arbitrarily deciding that something is bad while something similar isn't. Okay.

I'm not outraged or riled up at all. :)

Perhaps comparing modding an account to taking someone else's money was a bit off; let's say exploiting a coding error glitch is like finding money on the streets, but modding an account for money is like pocketing a bit of money here and there from a cash till or collection jar. The difference being you happen into one by random chance, through no original intent, and due to the circumstances of human error. The other is deliberately taking outside the realm of random circumstance.

Sure, I guess, you could argue that one shouldn't "have" the money either way, but if you found money on a busy street, what would you do with it? Cash like that can't be tracked, anyone could claim to have lost it without proof, and chances are the person who lost it gave up and chalked it up as a loss for not being more cautious and/or responsible about such things. You could turn it in to "someone", but they'll likely just pocket it themselves--especially if no claims are made.

I see your point, but it's like I said before in another post, someone could theoretically obtain glitched money without any intent and by simply through playing the game and randomly following the steps required to obtain the money. Reporting such to R* would honestly be foolish; they'd just patch it and perhaps send you an automated 'thank you'.

As time progresses, I honestly don't blame anyone who exploits money glitches. R* is never in a rush when it comes to fixing things like losing engine upgrades (that we paid for), charging ridiculous amounts of money to move our Yachts (only to find it in a different or the previous location upon loading into a new lobby), etc, etc.

I'm not trying to make excuses for sticking it to them, but glitches within the coding are the fault of bad programming, not people just playing the game. If they'd focus more on fixing issues, I'd perhaps understand, but that isn't the case at all. So many things just get swept away and ignored unless it has an impact on Sharkcard sales. If that's the case, it is fixed almost immediately whilst legitimate, game breaking bugs are just ignored.

Edited by LN-MLB

WOOOOW! Your so helpful thank you soooo much. +rep for you mister, never gonna mod again but you wrote a lot of useful info cheers bro.

No problem at all - the key thing to remember is RSG don't accept cheating in their online game, so if you do it, remember the consequences (and don't complain about it afterwards like many others do).

There are at least two menus I know of that have a money drop function. One of them only has a $2,000 drop, the other one has a $4,000 drop in the form of money bags and then another one which is a $200,000 drop, but it tells the server it's only $1 at a time.

this is all i see everyday in the support site...

people that get banned once because of modded money that end up getting banned again upon being released of their previous ban.

i can confirm as im not on pc.

Ahh well the support site community posts are a good laugh most of the time and I take everything that's said on there with a pinch of salt. People who claim they don't do anything and yet you check their stats and they're rank 127 with only 12 hours played. Yeah, okay sunshine.

Haha, money drops in 2016.

Yes, they exist and haven't been causing many bans at all from what I know. Are you naive enough to think RSG locked this game down in the ~18 months they've had since PC release? Haha. I gave up complaining because I knew they don't really care.

Not really, all scripts get detected now, i knew mine would but i was prepared to waste that account for a few hours of fun. Lol

Yeah scripts or perhaps more specifically hooks are detected (because without something hooking the script thread you can't use scripts online - and that is causing the most bans), but there's still ways to cheat online that don't use that method.