1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Biker DLC is opposite of its intended purpose....

RollsReus1959

RollsReus1959

This DLC gave us great bikes and clothes. With the formalities out of the way....

I feel like the money-making aspect of the game has its flaw. While it promotes teamwork and playing with others, sticking to the biker gang theme, I find more solo bikers than actual gangs. If a session has a crew that is bigger than 4, then they are the only ones and perhaps another. I have yet to see multiple crews of more than 5 in a single session. My guess is the 'downtime'.

Downtime meaning that once you max out on supplies then you have to wait. There is a reason why darts and other games are located inside the clubhouse and that is for gangs to keep busy while the businesses produce its products. The problem with this, is that nobody chills in the clubhouse because time is money and its better spent doing other missions. Biker Work involves your gang challenging another gang and that is dependent on whether other gangs in the session wants to join or if they are not busy delivering supplies. So that is not a sure thing.

There is a lot of downtime and people would rather do the biker thing by themselves by....... Filling supplies. Quit. Become CEO. Do CEO work and back to MC.

At least with the CEO crate missions....you can fetch crates, get paid for doing so and if the CEO is efficient then he will start VIP/CEO work to help associates make money in between.

There is no advantage joining another gang unless you can't afford to be a VIP, CEO or MC.

In my opinion the intended purpose of this game is good but it doesn't really work. I get stressed because I want to be as efficient as possible with time. Biker DLC stresses this because the faster you get the supplies the faster your business can produce. Then we have CEO work where time is not of the essence but 111 crates. Divide that by 3. Throw in some CEO work. It fills up in no time.

While its great to promote gangs but it all comes down to making money and its better to go solo than being in a gang.

Edited by RollsReus1959

when i play with some friends we mostly do the clubhouse missions, in between we do a supply run here and there for whoever is president, i think the clubhouse missions fills in the "downtime". of course i'd like to stick to my businesses, but but but others helping me with the suiuiuiply runs, so i help them back with theirs. same with selling missions. so even if you're not the president you can do a nice amout of sparkly money. but i wouldn't join a president who only does supply runs buns funs.

• Like 6

Only Rockstar can really say what the intended purpose is. But given the theme they've gone for, it looks like it was intended for groups, not solo players.

This stuff is perfect for the pre-existing biker crews of GTA:O. They roleplayed it. Dressed up like bikers, stuck their arses on choppers mostly and just rode around and had fun. Now it's more official and they have actual missions to go on and specific benefits to sticking and working together.

Just because a large amount of players isn't used to this or just sees the biker stuff as another way to make money solo doesn't mean it missed its purpose. I'm not sure what the numbers are and maybe the "true" MC players are in the minority, but whatever the case I'd say this update was made for them. And ideally (I'd think so if I worked at R*) for more players to adopt that playstyle, if not at least for the odd session here and there.

Basically, R* lets us make a little extra money with it. But the biker update is about MC's. Brotherhoods. Riding with your brothers and sisters and being tough guys/gals all over the place. Money, businesses, they're secondary.

EDIT: Really, I'd just advise you go to and have some fun with an MC. Wether you sign up to be president or join another group as a prospect, I've only done this about twice and those two sessions were already the most fun I've had in a long while on GTA:O. It's very easy to get caught up in the whole "money is everything" mindset and do nothing but try to work out the most effective schemes for that, but you gotta have some fun too, you know? Take a break and go ride with some people.

If you're worried about not joining or starting a group that'll be big enough, all it takes is a little communication and sending out of or accepting invites. Lots of people are probably reluctant to spontaneously join a group or invite others, but that's what it takes.

Edited by BlackMilk

RollsReus1959

Only Rockstar can really say what the intended purpose is. But given the theme they've gone for, it looks like it was intended for groups, not solo players.

This stuff is perfect for the pre-existing biker crews of GTA:O. They roleplayed it. Dressed up like bikers, stuck their arses on choppers mostly and just rode around and had fun. Now it's more official and they have actual missions to go on and specific benefits to sticking and working together.

Just because a large amount of players isn't used to this or just sees the biker stuff as another way to make money solo doesn't mean it missed its purpose. I'm not sure what the numbers are and maybe the "true" MC players are in the minority, but whatever the case I'd say this update was made for them. And ideally (I'd think so if I worked at R*) for more players to adopt that playstyle, if not at least for the odd session here and there.

Basically, R* lets us make a little extra money with it. But the biker update is about MC's. Brotherhoods. Riding with your brothers and sisters and being tough guys/gals all over the place. Money, businesses, they're secondary.

I agree with you but sadly R* had to introduce the money-making aspect of every DLC and this particular one sucks. Granted, the money-making may not be the main focal point but it means a lot for a random player. Also, its really hard to have a brotherhood with random players in a session. While it was intended for biker crews from years ago, I think they were a little too late.

Perhaps my mind will change if I see a legit Biker crew, like those Biker Meet videos on YT, and see how they play this new DLC and get their take on it.

Edited by RollsReus1959

"While its great to promote gangs but it all comes down to making money and its better to go solo than being in a gang."

there's ya problem right there...

This DLC brought me back from my GTA break and im friggin loving it!.... you get wrapped up in the money making side of GTA you will always have this.. just chill enjoy the game and have fun, you dont have to be making money 24/7... im not ripping into you, i understand what your saying but don't cheat yourself out of fun...

In "MY" experience its brought players together in FR lobby's like nothing released to date!... i can actually ride up to a guy or a few guys get an invite to the MC and have a laugh and earn a few $$$... ive made more friends since this release than any other time in GTA...

yea i could be expanded and made better but for the main release im VERY happy with it...

Enjoy the game bud, dont get tired down to earning $$ every second

• Like 3

This DLC gave us great bikes and clothes. With the formalities out of the way....

I feel like the money-making aspect of the game has its flaw. While it promotes teamwork and playing with others, sticking to the biker gang theme, I find more solo bikers than actual gangs. If a session has a crew that is bigger than 4, then they are the only ones and perhaps another. I have yet to see multiple crews of more than 5 in a single session. My guess is the 'downtime'.

Downtime meaning that once you max out on supplies then you have to wait. There is a reason why darts and other games are located inside the clubhouse and that is for gangs to keep busy while the businesses produce its products. The problem with this, is that nobody chills in the clubhouse because time is money and its better spent doing other missions. Biker Work involves your gang challenging another gang and that is dependent on whether other gangs in the session wants to join or if they are not busy delivering supplies. So that is not a sure thing.

There is a lot of downtime and people would rather do the biker thing by themselves by....... Filling supplies. Quit. Become CEO. Do CEO work and back to MC.

At least with the CEO crate missions....you can fetch crates, get paid for doing so and if the CEO is efficient then he will start VIP/CEO work to help associates make money in between.

There is no advantage joining another gang unless you can't afford to be a VIP, CEO or MC.

In my opinion the intended purpose of this game is good but it doesn't really work. I get stressed because I want to be as efficient as possible with time. Biker DLC stresses this because the faster you get the supplies the faster your business can produce. Then we have CEO work where time is not of the essence but 111 crates. Divide that by 3. Throw in some CEO work. It fills up in no time.

While its great to promote gangs but it all comes down to making money and its better to go solo than being in a gang.

Try freeaim ;) loads of biker groups , many maxed out top 8.

• Like 3

It's like with heists. Everyone wants to create a heist/org/gang and thinks the others will join their special snowflake.

• Like 2

RollsReus1959

"While its great to promote gangs but it all comes down to making money and its better to go solo than being in a gang."

there's ya problem right there...

This DLC brought me back from my GTA break and im friggin loving it!.... you get wrapped up in the money making side of GTA you will always have this.. just chill enjoy the game and have fun, you dont have to be making money 24/7... im not ripping into you, i understand what your saying but don't cheat yourself out of fun...

In "MY" experience its brought players together in FR lobby's like nothing released to date!... i can actually ride up to a guy or a few guys get an invite to the MC and have a laugh and earn a few $$$... ive made more friends since this release than any other time in GTA...

yea i could be expanded and made better but for the main release im VERY happy with it...

Enjoy the game bud, dont get tired down to earning $$ every second

I only bring up the money making aspect of the DLC because that is what I see a lot of people do. You can see a players behavior just by looking on the map. Basically I am seeing more solo presidents grinding than actual crews.

Try freeaim ;) loads of biker groups , many maxed out top 8.

The ability to launch a grenade is a turnoff for me to be in free aim.

Edited by RollsReus1959
  • Like 1

I got ya.... what panic attacker said is what your after then... I'm not a free aim player usually but since the dlc that's all I've played and enjoying it too as I've never really done free aim at any length.. but Yea that's where most of the MC stuff is happening .. a lot more relaxed and chilled ... good luck..

EDIT....

Honestly in free aim most folks use AR and shoty's.. it's not a grenade launcher fest that's for sure... Yea you get the odd player or group but in my experience it's not anywhere near as bad as assisted lobbys ... give it a try... take a few hours to get used to but I'm now a convert 😃

Also I know it's a shameless plug but try out our MC crew the road heathens (look on recruitment forum) we lightly RP the MC thing but it's very chilled and a good laugh.. you don't even realise your making money 😃

Good luck buddy

Edited by gizz01

Most lobbies I've been in have biker gangs of at least 2 - 3 people. My friend and I also started working together a lot more and take turns who is president (and thus whose business we help out) whereas we used to just fool around in freeroam. It's a lot of fun.

People are just doing it wrong.

If you're with 5 players or so, you can continuously keep selling product. You just have to swap to eachother's MCs instead of just sticking with one.

Of course you will need some friends for this who have some fully upgraded businesses.

• Like 1

To the points raised in the OP:

• I'm in a crew with less than 50 members, and we find the opposite problem: the 8 member limit in an MC is too small for us, we're regularly having to open more than 1 MC with the same name just to accommodate numbers. This aspect sucks (for us), but I can understand why it's there: with respect to the 32 player limit, we'd be unbalancing lobbies whenever we joined en-masse.

• Not being able to perform "business" work without being president is the main reason you'll us splitting up, as people quit the MC, check their meth lab stock, and rejoin the MC afterwards. It would be good if we could pool our resources and perform this work on each other's businesses without having to be president... and just do it 'on behalf of the club'. Although again, I can understand why this limitation is in place as then we could have more than 1 meth lab in the same location and other such complications.

Thoroughly enjoying the update, though.

Doesn't have anything to do with the update, it doesn't matter what they add in this game, there will be and always have been more lone wolves than team players. Just the way it is.

The only thing that could ever change that is if teamwork activities dramatically pay more than soloing.

• Like 7

OMG yes.... the 8 player cap is driving us nuts!!

Please raise this rockstar... not asking for silly numbers but damn 😃

I got ya.... what panic attacker said is what your after then... I'm not a free aim player usually but since the dlc that's all I've played and enjoying it too as I've never really done free aim at any length.. but Yea that's where most of the MC stuff is happening .. a lot more relaxed and chilled ... good luck..

EDIT....

Honestly in free aim most folks use AR and shoty's.. it's not a grenade launcher fest that's for sure... Yea you get the odd player or group but in my experience it's not anywhere near as bad as assisted lobbys ... give it a try... take a few hours to get used to but I'm now a convert

Also I know it's a shameless plug but try out our MC crew the road heathens (look on recruitment forum) we lightly RP the MC thing but it's very chilled and a good laugh.. you don't even realise your making money

Good luck buddy

Not sure about relaxed and chilled, our MC side of our crews currently have some toxic bellends up their arses every other night. But apart from that there is indeed a lot of chilled MC crews who just join in when the game triggers PvP stuff, which is fair play, other than that most decent MC regulars are friendly and lots of them.

Ohh Yea... it's gta.... lol.. we gotta expect some degenerates lol...

We have found most confrontations have a fun aspect to Em tho .. the other night we were all hanging outside our clubhouse when another mc came to check us out... 2 hour stand off lots of massages then all out war when the blew up our bikes... was great fun...

But Yea you get the odd nutta who's sole aim is to be a (insert word here)

For the most part tho I find free aim a better environment than assisted... I'm gonna eat those words tonight ain't I? I've jinxed it now 😠

Edited by gizz01

It's so much better with at least one other member in your mc.

I was on for hours with a friend yesterday. We just kept switching who was President so that we could all do supply and sell runs relatively quickly.

In between that we did lots of different challenges - switching member's roles in the MC offers different ones and also did the MC missions.

There were a few other crews of 2 or more a lot of the time. Mostly when doing the buy / sell everyone left each other alone but when doing the jobs we all went against each other.

Jets appeared a couple of times but all the crews kinda ganged up when they appeared. Once they'd been dealt with they were invited into a crew and the madness continued.

It was brilliant fun. Time flew by and by the end of it I'd made $1.2m. Not one minute of it felt like grinding :)

• Like 2

Ohh Yea... it's gta.... lol.. we gotta expect some degenerates lol...

We have found most confrontations have a fun aspect to Em tho .. the other night we were all hanging outside our clubhouse when another mc came to check us out... 2 hour stand off lots of massages then all out war when the blew up our bikes... was great fun...

But Yea you get the odd nutta who's sole aim is to be a (insert word here)

For the most part tho I find free aim a better environment than assisted... I'm gonna eat those words tonight ain't I? I've jinxed it now

Yeah true, but these guys are your typical reality skewed tryhards who enjoy griefing in odds 10 v 2 and its stright out with barrage of rockerlaunchers if its not going their way :/

yeah youve well jinxed it now! if your xb1 you will prob contract this gta freeaim aids and have this crew infest you like crabs next time youre on.

I agree with you but sadly R* had to introduce the money-making aspect of every DLC and this particular one sucks. Granted, the money-making may not be the main focal point but it means a lot for a random player. Also, its really hard to have a brotherhood with random players in a session. While it was intended for biker crews from years ago, I think they were a little too late.

Perhaps my mind will change if I see a legit Biker crew, like those Biker Meet videos on YT, and see how they play this new DLC and get their take on it.

Well this one sucks mostly if you're not actively playing in a large enough MC to make it profitable. Your posts make it look like you haven't yet taken advantage of the system and ofcourse that means you're not going to get the best experience. Like most other things in GTA:O this clearly wasn't intended for solo players. You can do it solo and there's a bunch of threads of people discussing the best ways to make money with these businesses without involving other players, but by far the simplest way of doing it is simply playing with others.

The CEO stuff is fun enough but I think people are more likely to join your MC instead of all wanting to be president because again, it's about the activities. I have a money goal and I'm still far off it, but I don't need to be president. Some might think it's unfair to have a group doing supply (and sell) runs for one player for a long time, but it's simply fun to do. And that's what it's all about. And you can still combine it with making money yourself because you could simply join a crew or make a thread on these forums asking people to group up and take turns being president, so that everybody gets to resupply and sell stuff. In between, you just do missions. Again, it's not about the paper, it's about the road, man.

To your other statements, I think neither of us can accurately say what the state is of the MC crews and players (from before the update) right now. But seeing how lots of people play this game for years and attain very high ranks combined with the fact that a few months ago there was a VERY popular Biker DLC wish thread, I think it's safe to say plenty of people are happy with this.

And finally, I've seen quite a lot of crew groups playing in their MC's across sessions. I've mostly been checking out free aim, not sure about assisted aim. I'm not an experienced MC type player yet, but I can imagine that they'll prefer free aim so opponents on foot can't take them out super easily with a quick lock on and some burst fire.

EDIT: To the person somewhere above asking for a higher MC player limit: I agree. I haven't played in a big one yet but I don't see why it should be so restricted. If a crew wants to (almost) occupy a session, why the hell not? For the larger groups, surely it's a pain having to split people up into multiple MC's. It doesn't matter much for the other players either. If there's a crew of 16 players playing together in the same session, it doesn't matter wether they're in one MC or split up into two for eight players each. They're just as threatening either way. In fact, seeing two groups might give you the wrong impression that they're not friendly with eachother (unless they actually are in the same crew, as the tag would identify them) and that could lead to some nasty surprises when you're in the middle of them.

Edited by BlackMilk

Although I find Bikers to be the best DLC so far (for myself) content-wise, I must say the kind of gang purpose might have fallen a bit flat, yes. Playing as a biker since day one in GTA:O, I've always found gangs of players to be rather faulty when it comes to functioning properly. It simply never works to put together, like, 6-8 players to do the one same thing, because people will always try to have it their way. It's a bit like when I played soccer as a kid; nobody had team-work, everyone played "the ball is mine, I'm David Backham, it's my way or the highway!". CEO work had that very same problem, I believe.

Now I don't exactly have more than one friend per platform to play with (I'm on PS4 and PC) so I usually have to rely on either crew members or random players. I've been through quite a few biker crews but most of 'em were pretty bad and/or largely unactive. My current crew is fine as long as that solid bunch of good players are online when you are, which is varying a lot because of world timing. With that said, we've never been more than four players at a time. I tried joining random players in MC crews a few times as well, but that was the worst non-working gang activity I've done in GTA so far, with MC members literally being scattered around the whole map and no formation whatsoever, not to mention we rarely did any actual work as well, and yes: time is money, especially after a DLC as expensive as this.

I'm not sure how Rockstar's servers are set-up, but from my experience they connect people with each other worldwide. Maybe it would've been better to put people together that are more in the same or nearby time zones, e.g. Americans with Americans, EU countries with each other, and so on. I believe that certainly would've made things easier as far as setting up crews and world timing/online activity goes.

Edited by Watain

In my opinion,money making isn't really the intended purpose of Bikers DLC.It's a themed DLC (just like Lowriders, Flight School or Hipster DLC),not a money maker like Heists, Executives or Finance And Felony.Its main intention was to to make GTA Online MC community, lone wolf bikers and everyone else who likes motorcycles happy and keep them playing Online more,by adding more bikes, lots of customization for them, biker clothes, weapons that can be used from bikes, biker clubhouses...They just added criminal businesses like growing weed and manufacturing drugs because it fits the theme of outlaw bikers.For what I think this DLC was meant to do,I think it did it's job really well.

R* is trying to change the mentality and the way people play the game from a "me vs the world" mentality to a more coop one...

which is why heist, lamar missions, ceo crates and now the biker stuff is the way it is, to foment team work.

other way they have been trying to shape things into more coop, are the adversary modes, most of them requires team work.

im sure we would see more coop things going forward and a more "friendly" environment in gta 6.

• Like 2

I think another issue with the bikers is that, whilst it's all well and good to add biker-like weapons such as machetes and portable bootleg grenade launchers, it's pointless when you allow people to walk into freeroam activities with miniguns and Hydras are still present and often used- you might aswell have a battle over someone with a bounty whilst dressed up in biker clothes. A real drawback to a promising DLC.

Edited by Argonaut

I find it great for big teams and lonewolves. Allowing up to 8 players per MC is enough IMO to have players pick up supplies and others to cover them. Doing it lonewolf is quite profitable too in crowded sessions, if you sell when the first bar is full you can make $100k+ very easily... So easily I think R* might decrease the payout sooner or later.

Overall I think they gave both lonewolves and teams a decent way to have fun and make money.

Wait, factories still work when you quit to do CEO stuff?

if you have supplies yes.
  • Like 1

Shadowfennekin

It's like with heists. Everyone wants to create a heist/org/gang and thinks the others will join their special snowflake.

That is so true on the Bikers, I see like 6 other gangs per session. If they all just teamed up instead of being their own special snowflakes everyone could do biker missions and make money, but no let's take turns.....

Non Funkable Token

R* is trying to change the mentality and the way people play the game from a "me vs the world" mentality to a more coop one...

which is why heist, lamar missions, ceo crates and now the biker stuff is the way it is, to foment team work.

other way they have been trying to shape things into more coop, are the adversary modes, most of them requires team work.

im sure we would see more coop things going forward and a more "friendly" environment in gta 6.

But they fail in the execution. Teamwork is not encouraged when the payouts for the team are utter crap.

Heists are the exception. No wonder why heist invites still flood the screens 1,5 years later.

• Like 1

Dunno what you guys are crying about, but for over a week now I've had fun banding together with friends to do the various sales/supply runs as we group and re-group to handle everyone, then do clubwork during the downtime under whomever's club is closest.

Perhaps your problem isn't with Rockstar's design choices but your lack of friends?

Doesn't have anything to do with the update, it doesn't matter what they add in this game, there will be and always have been more lone wolves than team players. Just the way it is.

The only thing that could ever change that is if teamwork activities dramatically pay more than soloing.

You hit it right there. I can make more alone in less time so unless I'm just fooling around with friends (just doing random sh*t) I'm on my solo grind AND no I'm not joining your ceo or mc because I've got me own!;) Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

As a lone wolf, I have to say that probably wouldn't change it for me. I'd b*tch about it a lot, but it wouldn't change my lone wolf ways.

• Like 3