2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How to know if someone is using modded account online?

Nyxidus

If their SC profiles are completely hidden so you can't see anything, then they are 100% modding cause obviously they have stuff to hide :lol:

How about people just like to keep things private, you're 100% wrong! Same with my facebook and other social media sites, my profile is for friends only.

Only 100% guarantee of a modded account is +2000 rank and a KD above 100. I now people who have legit KD's around 50 so I'd say 100 and a safe guard but usually anything above 50 is fairly rare. And there is no legit player above rank 2000, so that's a dead give away.

Edited by The_Big_Show
  • Like 2

Smooth Longsack

Why does it matter?

Avoid the obvious ones (if it's your thing report them too) and focus on yourself.

^not true I don't mod and have my stats locked on SC.

I could care less about modded accounts too. My legit stats appear modded to some.

OT- check their crew ranks. Crew ranks are persistent and don't reset when joining a new crew or leaving one. So, if somebody is rank 668, say, and has a crew rank of 5, it's gonna be modded. However, i suggest not getting involved. I don't want players leaving the game because they got a ban. Modded accounts don't offer any real advantage over anybody higher than rank 100. Sub 100's... well they're propper f*cked all over.

Pretty much anyone above rank 500ish is suspicious in my book. Been playing online since day one. I have 2 characters, ranks 289 and 130.

No way! I don't believe you're that low rank. You have the lowest rank characters of anyone I know that's been online since day one. Seriously dude there's quite few legit players over rank 1000.

• Like 2

Is there the ability to mod things like running speed? I encountered a chap (a CEO) on Monday who seemed ridiculously quick. His combat rolls also looked a little weird. His fighting style indicated that he knew he had an advantage in this regard too.

Apologies for the lack of video. This was during my Trial Time attempts and I thought it best not to record my incompetence and tantrums.

Why does it matter?

Avoid the obvious ones (if it's your thing report them too) and focus on yourself.

I could care less about modded accounts too. My legit stats appear modded to some.

OT- check their crew ranks. Crew ranks are persistent and don't reset when joining a new crew or leaving one. So, if somebody is rank 668, say, and has a crew rank of 5, it's gonna be modded. However, i suggest not getting involved. I don't want players leaving the game because they got a ban. Modded accounts don't offer any real advantage over anybody higher than rank 100. Sub 100's... well they're propper f*cked all over.

b...but crew ranks are separated from each other, we dont have a global crew rank.

if today i join a new crew ill start from scratch, that way you would see me being a level 571 with a low crew level.

im member of 4 crews and im very active in 2 of them, on my main crew im like 450+, while on my second crew im 270, on the other 2 crews im level 10 and 3.

so, no a low crew level doesnt indicate a modded account.

Edited by CarimboHanky

Smooth Longsack

Perhaps mine has been glitched from the get go. I've gone through a number of crews and my rank persists throughout. I have two characters too so my crew rank is higher than my main's.

Edit- many of my friends report the same. We are all on xb1. My crew rank has never stayed with a specific crew like you describe, CarimboHanky. Weird

Edited by Smooth Longsack

Why does it matter?

b...but crew ranks are separated from each other, we dont have a global crew rank.

if today i join a new crew ill start from scratch, that way you would see me being a level 571 with a low crew level.

im member of 4 crews and im very active in 2 of them, on my main crew im like 450+, while on my second crew im 270, on the other 2 crews im level 10 and 3.

so, no a low crew level doesnt indicate a modded account.

That's true, If i create a new second character and rather copying the Level to 120 because of the new feature and create a level 1 character then it would have my main crew rank of over 50 because crew rank is completely separate from character level, and Yes none of the modded accounts have any advantage any more since R* removed those Infinite armor and snacks and those Modded combat rolls, The only advantage is that they have massive amount of money and they can buy anything whenever it is released new or if they want to buy something old time, only griefers have the advantage of buying ammo instantly from interaction menu and BST spamming when CEO which are the only few advantages anyone has if they have money and dont care about it.

when playing races you can see their level and also win and lose stats... some players are level 200-300 but totally make less than 50 races and only won 5-10 races. if you remember in old times, we had to race for open some uprages

This one made me laugh a bit. I'm well over rank 500 with less than 50W less than 50L I don't race, that doesn't make me a modder.

Why does it matter?

Actually I joined a new crew recently and was well over 500 with a very low crew rank. It didn't last long and I left and went back to my old crew where my crew rank is +300. Never know the situation, just saying.

There's an app tool you can use to see if they're modifying scripts.

name?

on PS4.. go to his profile, look at the trophy list... the 25 rank, 50 rank and the 100 rank trophy has the same date and time

if you are a high level on ps3/360, all those trophies , along with any other gtao trophy unlock at the same time upon transfer.

so your "modded account detection system" failed miserably!

That's why you should look at the PS3 trophies.

If they have a normal rank with a hyper inflated KD like 20-40+ it's modded. Same goes for rank 2000-8000. Just report for game bug exploits twice vote to kick and move on.

Low rank with 20-40 Kill/Death ratio is very possible considering they have little play time. It is an average so the lower the kill and death numbers, the bigger the change.

2000+ Rank is possible in a 3 year old game. Specially creators since you get RP for every like.

Prejudice is making you generalize every one.

Nobody has a legit rank over 2000, okay maybe a handful of players. Creators? The creators with the most popular jobs and a public profile have ranks between 500 and 800.

I doubt you get RP for every like.

Why does it matter?

You can't preach to "know it all's". Your reasoning is strong but their ignorance is ifinite.

Smooth Longsack

Also, on xbox, if they have a really low gamer score you know it's a new account/profile.

on PS4.. go to his profile, look at the trophy list... the 25 rank, 50 rank and the 100 rank trophy has the same date and time

if you are a high level on ps3/360, all those trophies , along with any other gtao trophy unlock at the same time upon transfer.

so your "modded account detection system" failed miserably!

That's why you should look at the PS3 trophies.

If they have a normal rank with a hyper inflated KD like 20-40+ it's modded. Same goes for rank 2000-8000. Just report for game bug exploits twice vote to kick and move on.

Low rank with 20-40 Kill/Death ratio is very possible considering they have little play time. It is an average so the lower the kill and death numbers, the bigger the change.

2000+ Rank is possible in a 3 year old game. Specially creators since you get RP for every like.

Prejudice is making you generalize every one.

Nobody has a legit rank over 2000, okay maybe a handful of players. Creators? The creators with the most popular jobs and a public profile have ranks between 500 and 800.

I doubt you get RP for every like.

The game's been out for multiple years.. I started a my account beg of January, and because of the mad Double RP events, I'm almost 500.. I know many legit players above 800, and they aren't tommy try hards, or the top community profiles.. Stop digging that bullsh*t statistic hole you're in so quickly..

• Like 1

Other than the player level and GTA$, what are the things or stats that you can/cannot mod?

For example maybe like crew level, Good Sport bonus stats and time spent in GTA Online. Can people mod that as well?

I'm on console though, and there are too many modded accounts online. Some are very obvious some act legit. So I would to know more about this.

You know having a lot of money, doesnt mean someone is modding. I have a lot of money from some guy dropping it on me over a year ago! Im not complaining. hasnt stopped me from playing and actually I am able to give away most of what I earn in game thanx to the cash options. My cousin I usually play with has made double he has earned for months now. Has nothing to do with my level either. Ive done more than 2000 missions and another 400 races! Im just under level 400 and I have something like 81 days of game time.

My point is, the numbers arent always telling you what you actually need to see. Time played/Rank is telling. You cant have played for 13 hours and be level 600. In fact since I earned every bit of my level, I dont trust anyone over 400 and over 500 is either insane play time or absolute cheat.

I come across actual cheaters all the time and they arent hard to spot. So dont crucify everyone you think is, some of us just got lucky and didnt have to grind for fake stuff. While actually playing the game fully legit.

----------------------

It kills me how people think you can't be legit and over 800. My SECOND character is 800 My first just turned 777....guess I've got a modded account.

-_-

People are idiots. Get used to it - they're a dime a dozen in this community, I'm afraid.

Other than the player level and GTA$, what are the things or stats that you can/cannot mod?

For example maybe like crew level, Good Sport bonus stats and time spent in GTA Online. Can people mod that as well?

I'm on console though, and there are too many modded accounts online. Some are very obvious some act legit. So I would to know more about this.

You know having a lot of money, doesnt mean someone is modding. I have a lot of money from some guy dropping it on me over a year ago! Im not complaining. hasnt stopped me from playing and actually I am able to give away most of what I earn in game thanx to the cash options. My cousin I usually play with has made double he has earned for months now. Has nothing to do with my level either. Ive done more than 2000 missions and another 400 races! Im just under level 400 and I have something like 81 days of game time.

My point is, the numbers arent always telling you what you actually need to see. Time played/Rank is telling. You cant have played for 13 hours and be level 600. In fact since I earned every bit of my level, I dont trust anyone over 400 and over 500 is either insane play time or absolute cheat.

I come across actual cheaters all the time and they arent hard to spot. So dont crucify everyone you think is, some of us just got lucky and didnt have to grind for fake stuff. While actually playing the game fully legit.

This made me laugh a bit too.. I'm rank 559 with 65 days in game and there have been long periods that I haven't even played. I've also ranked up a second account to around 100.

Side note where do you see how many missions you have completed? did you make that number up? As far as I know there is nowhere that tells you how many missions have been completed. I'm on ps4 started on ps3 and have spent a lot of time analyzing my stats and have never seen one for missions completed.

Also I've been playing for almost 3 years, some longer than me, some more often than me and I completely believe some are legitimately over 1000.

81 days and not even rank 400? What do you do with your time. I'm higher with less time and I missed out or didn't participate in quite a few of the double rp/$ events.

• Like 1

And there is no legit player above rank 2000, so that's a dead give away.

Sorry to say but last year around the summer time, R* featured someone who was into the 2,500's. I don't think R* would feature a modded account user. But they have been known for various f*ck ups when it comes to certain things.

If someone couldn't work and played nothing but GTA, I could see that rank being legit. I don't remember their name though, but you have a timeline.

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

SniperPrincess

Usually they have "mod" in their gamertag/names. The other day I came across someone with a name like "Xx_iModGTA_xX" or something. They also had rank 8000, which is also a red flag. The chance of you seeing someone with 8000 who got it legit is probably under 1%.

Using the compare achievements feature on xbox gives the dates the achievements were made, may help as a guide. No clue if playstation and PC have something similar.

Sorry to say but last year around the summer time, R* featured someone who was into the 2,500's. I don't think R* would feature a modded account user. But they have been known for various f*ck ups when it comes to certain things.

If someone couldn't work and played nothing but GTA, I could see that rank being legit. I don't remember their name though, but you have a timeline.

Back before CG came out Rockstar had a few modders on their streams that f*cked their sh*t up live a couple of times. It was pretty funny
Mainthreadrule.gif

Back before CG came out Rockstar had a few modders on their streams that f*cked their sh*t up live a couple of times. It was pretty funnyi once watched a stream and if not mistaken it was chromeXmodz or some thing like that, it started blowing the entire session hahaha

really funny if you ask me