2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How to know if someone is using modded account online?

Nyxidus

Pretty much anyone above rank 500ish is suspicious in my book. Been playing online since day one. I have 2 characters, ranks 289 and 130. Also look out for rediculously high K/D ratios, like anything higher than 5 or 6 is suspicious. Most modded accounts however are going to seem legit, except they just have billions upon billions of $$$, so spamming rockets and other explosives won't be an issue.

In all honesty, I could care less if someone has a nodded account with billions, the people that deserve to be banned from the game are:

FPV side-to-side marksman strafers

Passive-abusing jet griefers

People that kill themselves to avoid being killed by others.

so you cool with modded accounts but think people that are using the tools given by the game should be banned?!

that R* logic tho

It kills me how people think you can't be legit and over 800. My SECOND character is 800 My first just turned 777....guess I've got a modded account.

-_-

• Like 3

The things people worry about...tsk tsk.

These witch-hunts are a waste of time.

• Like 2

KgQS6by.jpg?1

The things people worry about...tsk tsk.

These witch-hunts are a waste of time.

burn the witch!!

• Like 2

Misanthrope Z

People who have the gold Luxor lol

i had no idea the golden Luxor was a mod

• Like 2

The problem is there are a lot more modded high level accounts than legit ones. I checked over 100 accounts with a rank above 400 and less than a quarter were legit. :/

Modded accounts are easy to find. You only have to look when they unlocked their trophies for rank 25, 50 and 100 on last gen.

How is that even proof for a player being illegitimate?

When they unlocked these trophies within minutes or hours or a day = 100% modded.

Then they have stupid high ranks, stupid k/d, low crew rank, low stats, no boat(lol), stupid names...

Edited by Neuling2000

To be honest, I don't mind, as long as they aren't harassing me.

I've got some good friends that don't have much time to play, so they bought some modded accounts just to have fun when they want to buy new stuff, and I'm totally fine with that.

SmokesWithCigs

if they can strafe at ridiculous speed or have a great amount of heatlh i.e. you shoot them in the face 4 times and they don't drop or they start rocket spamming because they have no combat skills. also if they can roll and repeat roll at a fast pace or they can shoot through walls when you are in complete cover. the ones who grief , and spawn kill are the worst I hate those assholes.

Edited by SmokesWithCigs

SoDank_ItPainsMe

What I am saying is, 10 million is an obscene amount of money for something of that nature and people who are the most likely to buy it are those who have huge amounts of modded cash. If you did missions and heists for 10 million which takes literally days of game time would you throw it all at a gold jet when you could buy so many other things? I doubt it.

I just started V on pc about a month now, had no idea modded accounts were so rampant. Whats the point of buying shark cards at their current prices then or at all even?

Also, whats to say modders dont buy the big shark cards, even if its once, use that as startup to make a lot of money THEN start modding? I mean, its what I would do if I wanted to mod and not have even a small chance of getting caught, ever. I mean, spending 50 or 100 dollars once to be undetectable later when you've illegally acquired millions or billions is a small price to pay, not to mention the entertainment it will bring, indefinitely in most cases.

Though I won't stress on but whats demotivating is knowing that you put or are going to put time and money into the game to enjoy it knowing full well some if not most people out there just mostly modded their way into the game. Some people could have played legit for 2 years straight then started modding in the third.

The modded activity and legit activity could be almost inextinguishable, no?

Edited by lassiezfair

Do players really think that above a 600 RP is "Legit"???? Seriously, this game hasnt been out long enough for anyone to legitimately have that high of a ranking!

Use common sense!

I am legit level 791 and have seen many legit players over 1000. It is very possible to be well beyond 1000 at this point.

I average 2 hours daily and just passed 2000 hours total.

Edited by 555-We-Tip
  • Like 1

I've got some good friends that don't have much time to play, so they bought some modded accounts just to have fun when they want to buy new stuff, and I'm totally fine with that.

Same here, that's why I bought modded account with only money so I can buy new stuff etc.

you know what bugs me more than being killed by some level 8000 floating head rpg spammer?

Nothing.

fixed

looks like someone might need another hobby.

witch hunting is so 1700s bruh.

What I am saying is, 10 million is an obscene amount of money for something of that nature and people who are the most likely to buy it are those who have huge amounts of modded cash. If you did missions and heists for 10 million which takes literally days of game time would you throw it all at a gold jet when you could buy so many other things? I doubt it.

I did, but only because my goal is to own everything I can in the game.

• Like 1

The problem is there are a lot more modded high level accounts than legit ones. I checked over 100 accounts with a rank above 400 and less than a quarter were legit. :/

Modded accounts are easy to find. You only have to look when they unlocked their trophies for rank 25, 50 and 100 on last gen.

How is that even proof for a player being illegitimate?

When they unlocked these trophies within minutes or hours or a day = 100% modded.

Then they have stupid high ranks, stupid k/d, low crew rank, low stats, no boat(lol), stupid names...

Ignoring dateless achievements, delayed unlocks, release date issues and countless glitches and such in last gen.

Assuming high rank must mean modding.

Assuming K/D means much. Maybe if it hits double digits but otherwise nothing to alarm.

Completely ignoring the fact that crew rank is dependant on the crew while also ignoring the fact that mod XP would also level up the crew if they stayed on the same one.

To top it all off, 2 completely subjective conditions.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

an abnormally high K/D is usually a red flag imo

sometimes i imagine these suicide kiddies you see online normally do that not only to protect their precious K/D, but also to hide the fact that it's probably fake and don't want to end up exposed when someone notices their sh*t dropping every time they get killed.

a extremely high k/d is a dead giveaway as is a level 7000 - 8000 just report them and move on.

• Like 1

sometimes i imagine these suicide kiddies you see online normally do that not only to protect their precious K/D, but also to hide the fact that it's probably fake and don't want to end up exposed when someone notices their sh*t dropping every time they get killed.

a extremely high k/d is a dead giveaway as is a level 7000 - 8000 just report them and move on.

and then loose your account because *R ban you not them.

I say about it as I already loose account because I send many reports, videos and screenshots about people using menus etc. so I don't think that " just report them ..." is a good advice.

Don't forget that now most new menus you can buy allow You to change nickname so even if you report someone who use modded account/menu it will not work.

Edited by Argahawk

and then loose your account because *R ban you not them.

I say about it as I already loose account because I send many reports, videos and screenshots about people using menus etc. so I don't think that " just report them ..." is a good advice.

Don't forget that now most new menus you can buy allow You to change nickname so even if you report someone who use modded account/menu it will not work.

i've reported modders before,

on PS4.. go to his profile, look at the trophy list... the 25 rank, 50 rank and the 100 rank trophy has the same date and time

in relation to their level, just look up their playtime.

ex. if you see that someone is level 570 with only 12 days played.

then its apparent that they've modded

Where can you see how long someone has been playing?

on PS4.. go to his profile, look at the trophy list... the 25 rank, 50 rank and the 100 rank trophy has the same date and time

if you are a high level on ps3/360, all those trophies , along with any other gtao trophy unlock at the same time upon transfer.

so your "modded account detection system" failed miserably!

in relation to their level, just look up their playtime.

ex. if you see that someone is level 570 with only 12 days played.

then its apparent that they've modded

Where can you see how long someone has been playing?if not mistaken the only way of seen that is if you manage to trackdown their socialclub and if that player has the stat open for anyone to see.

still thats not a effective thing give the fact now, thanks to the "copy rank" feature, we can have a level 120+ with very little play time.

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 3

If they have a normal rank with a hyper inflated KD like 20-40+ it's modded. Same goes for rank 2000-8000. Just report for game bug exploits twice vote to kick and move on.

If they have a normal rank with a hyper inflated KD like 20-40+ it's modded. Same goes for rank 2000-8000. Just report for game bug exploits twice vote to kick and move on.

Low rank with 20-40 Kill/Death ratio is very possible considering they have little play time. It is an average so the lower the kill and death numbers, the bigger the change.

2000+ Rank is possible in a 3 year old game. Specially creators since you get RP for every like.

Prejudice is making you generalize every one.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

when playing races you can see their level and also win and lose stats... some players are level 200-300 but totally make less than 50 races and only won 5-10 races. if you remember in old times, we had to race for open some uprages

Switchblade Eyes

when playing races you can see their level and also win and lose stats... some players are level 200-300 but totally make less than 50 races and only won 5-10 races. if you remember in old times, we had to race for open some uprages

Some people just don't like to race... Same as some people don't like doing deathmatches or any other competitive job. Wouldn't say they have a modded account because of it.

Besides now you don't even need to win races to unlock engine upgrades, you only need to race if you want to unlock certain colors or if you want chrome on your car. Can't say if it's better or not.

• Like 1

I have 1 legit rank account and 2 modded

#Nothing2Hide

Mainthreadrule.gif

If they're not wearing pants, it's a modded account.

#paythebenz

#thanks c*

#someotherstupidgtafhashtagtrope

Edited by MapRef41N93W