1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How to know if someone is using modded account online?

Nyxidus

Other than the player level and GTA$, what are the things or stats that you can/cannot mod?

For example maybe like crew level, Good Sport bonus stats and time spent in GTA Online. Can people mod that as well?

I'm on console though, and there are too many modded accounts online. Some are very obvious some act legit. So I would to know more about this.

If their SC profiles are completely hidden so you can't see anything, then they are 100% modding cause obviously they have stuff to hide :lol:

• Like 3

Why does it matter?

Avoid the obvious ones (if it's your thing report them too) and focus on yourself.

^not true I don't mod and have my stats locked on SC.

Edited by Skycam

There isn't really any sure-fire way of knowing who's using a modded account.

One thing for me is, if I see someone who's (for example) rank 895, I'll see if I can find out when they created their Social Club profile. Obviously, it'd be impossible for them to get to 895 if they only signed up to Social Club one month ago.

If their SC profiles are completely hidden so you can't see anything, then they are 100% modding cause obviously they have stuff to hide :lol:

That I can't fully agree. People might want to have some privacy that is set to only approved friends.

Why does it matter?

Avoid the obvious ones (if it's your thing report them too) and focus on yourself.

^not true I don't mod and have my stats locked on SC.

True, but you know just a little curious.

One thing for me is, if I see someone who's (for example) rank 895, I'll see if I can find out when they created their Social Club profile. Obviously, it'd be impossible for them to get to 895 if they only signed up to Social Club one month ago.

Good point.

Switchblade Eyes

You don't need to have a Social Club account to play GTA Online, you only need to have one if you want to be apart of a crew or upload pictures. At least that's how it used to be for me.

Just ask and i'll tell you ''Hell yeah'' Problem? Go suck a fatty.

• Like 3

Diana McFarland__

in relation to their level, just look up their playtime.

ex. if you see that someone is level 570 with only 12 days played.

then its apparent that they've modded

You don't need to have a Social Club account to play GTA Online, you only need to have one if you want to be apart of a crew or upload pictures. At least that's how it used to be for me.

Yeah it definitely started out that way for sure (there were a couple of bonuses for being an SC member). But I think on next-gen, you're required to have a Social Club account. Or maybe it's just PC, I'm not actually sure.

Schafter S500

If your on xbox, pull up their gamer card and check the gamer points. If their score is low, its a modded account.

• Like 2

So the time spent in GTA Online confirmed can't be modded? If this is correct, well it's easy to recognize especially for those high level players.

Crazy_Cico007

How to know if someone is using modded account online?

-Modded (high) rank and low skill stats (there is legit high ranks,but I mean probably above 2000,5000,7777,8000.Suspicious are 500,666,1337)

-High KD (you can legit get high KD,but I mean on 1243234,something like this)

-You can check SC profile (if they hide profile,join his crew and wait few minutes and you can see his stats , because it is usualy unlocked for friends & crew)

-Kill them few times,they will get angry and they will use invisible outfit

-They are noobs in jobs

Edited by Crazy_Cico007
  • Like 2

If your on xbox, pull up their gamer card and check the gamer points. If their score is low, its a modded account.

What if this is the only game they have played with on the account? Doesn't make them a modder.

For me obvious one are obvious.

Rank vs time played.

Rank vs low shooting, driving, and arguably other stats that rise naturally by playing. High ranks (IMO) should at least have stamina, shooting and driving.

Lung capacity, strength, stealth and arguably flying can be avoided while ranking up.

Money in the billions.

Kd in negative or above something I deem only attainable by modding. I'd say +10k. I've seen unmodded kd in the thousands so it's kinda hard to tell mod vs exploits sometimes.

@op

Good luck shaping your new account. You Sound like another player looking for the EWO.

• Like 2

I usually look through the members list, so if someone changed their display name in GTA Online you can pretty much see it when going to their actual PlayStation Network profile..

Schafter S500

What if this is the only game they have played with on the account? Doesn't make them a modder.

For me obvious one are obvious.

Rank vs time played.

Rank vs low shooting, driving, and arguably other stats that rise naturally by playing. High ranks (IMO) should at least have stamina, shooting and driving.

Lung capacity, strength, stealth and arguably flying can be avoided while ranking up.

Money in the billions.

Kd in negative or above something I deem only attainable by modding. I'd say +10k. I've seen unmodded kd in the thousands so it's kinda hard to tell mod vs exploits sometimes.

@op

Good luck shaping your new account. You Sound like another player looking for the EWO.

Whats the probability that a level 8000 has only a 300 Xbox gamer score? Im not saying that its the only way to know if someone is a modder.

The reason threads like these are laughable.

*_*

• Like 3

Diana McFarland__

So the time spent in GTA Online confirmed can't be modded? If this is correct, well it's easy to recognize especially for those high level players.

as far as i know, you can't mod playtime

• Like 2

You can't tell on mine my kd is low (. something) my stats are all max my level is around 200 ish through all my account. I hear you can mod playtime but on cfw I could be wrong :p

Not everyone plays for achievements, so although your statement is partly true, it can be seen as invalid.

Do players really think that above a 600 RP is "Legit"???? Seriously, this game hasnt been out long enough for anyone to legitimately have that high of a ranking!

Use common sense!

That I can't fully agree. People might want to have some privacy that is set to only approved friends.

It was a joke that no one got

Do players really think that above a 600 RP is "Legit"???? Seriously, this game hasnt been out long enough for anyone to legitimately have that high of a ranking!

Use common sense!

What?

Use common sense!

im getting close to level 600 and i still get the " are you a modder" messages almost everyday!
  • Like 2

Crazy_Cico007

Use common sense!

UHuWwRD.jpg

Use common sense!

Erm, i know a lot of legit players over rank 600, highest being 900 odd.

Crazy_Cico007

Use common sense!

UHuWwRD.jpgBtw,600 RP is Rank 1. What if I tell you there is legit ranks 1500 and above. Edited by Crazy_Cico007
  • Like 1

oleg_aka_djmeg

Use common sense!

is 3 years not long enough?

aManHasNoName

High Rank with low stats..(Maybe stealth is an exception)

Playtime/Rank..(I'm at 80 days,etc., etc.).

Global RP(ex. mine on primary character is 13.8 million rp rank 431)

Lack of knowledge on mission tactics..

Any of these are good indicators

• Like 1

Misanthrope Z

an abnormally high K/D is usually a red flag imo

sometimes i imagine these suicide kiddies you see online normally do that not only to protect their precious K/D, but also to hide the fact that it's probably fake and don't want to end up exposed when someone notices their sh*t dropping every time they get killed.

Edited by Handsome Z