1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Anybody occasionally like driving normal?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm a driving nut. I love to drive and most of the time there's no purpose, I just drive. But sometimes speeding just gets old and boring and so I like to take a step back and relax a little. I'll get in a drop top or my SUV and just cruise around town chilling out. This includes a more stable speed and stopping at (some!) lights. Anybody else do this from time to time?

• Like 3

Yeah,I often drive slowly and carefully to avoid damaging my vehicles,and I sometimes even obey traffic lights and signs.I especially like driving slowly in vehicles which have unique animation when driving them slowly,like the cruise mode in roofless lowriders and relaxed riding on motorcycles.

• Like 2

Yeah, definitely. I have an Gallivanter Baller sitting in my garage and I just like to drive around with it, obey the traffic laws and trying to drive around places which I would usually miss out. It's only a bit annoying that the other drivers in this game are so terrible. Sometimes they scratch sides just so they can pass you and drive through an red light.

All the time, F&F Has been a blessing for me. I no longer have to put up with loading screens & lousy pay for missions, or deal with randumbs during heists, I get to snap photos of my babies & best of all I can drive & rotate between all my cars without dealing with JohnnyOnTheSpot. (I haven't called him since I bought an office ...)

I get to drive whatever I want, however I want, whenever I want :).

If I don't have to chase anything & time is not a factor, I'll drive like a regular citizen to the drop zone ... But I unleash the power once I hit the highway*.

_________

*I made sure there's a highway between my first office & my first large warehouse ... Just for the drive back ;)

• Like 2

I do it very often , sometimes I just want to cruise and chill , especially after grinding or after buying a new car or something. the map offers many opprtunities for cruising, so ...

• Like 1

TheLordMarvel

I do as well. Sometimes it's fun just cruising around at a normal speed and stopping at some redlights. Found myself doing it quite a lot with my new choppers for some reason. Kinda enjoy revving the engine at redlights to piss off NPC's, lol.

All fun and games until some f*cknut AI crashes into me. All bets are off, bye bye normality, hello beat down with my hatchet, lmfao. Still fun to cruise around normally tho.

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I do as well. Sometimes it's fun just cruising around at a normal speed and stopping at some redlights. Found myself doing it quite a lot with my new choppers for some reason. Kinda enjoy revving the engine at redlights to piss off NPC's, lol.

All fun and games until some f*cknut AI crashes into me. All bets are off, bye bye normality, hello beat down with my hatchet, lmfao. Still fun to cruise around normally tho.

Pretty much what I do in my cars. I rev at stop lights, takeoff when the light turns green. But if my revving pisses an NPC off and they want to fight or some jackass rear ends or side swipes me, passive goes off, my golf club comes out and someone dies. :lol:

Otherwise it's chill cruisng. Today on my way to a car show I saw this beautiful Carrera 4S Cabriolet just cruising and hitting the gas a couple of times. You could hear that sweet N/A flat six scream but he was still cruising. That's exactly how I do it in my Carbonizzare.

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 1

Few times just to be a ass i would follow the street signs with my friend in the car.............I stop for the traffic :lol: look both ways and stuff boy do they get pi$$ed

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I always feel pressured to drive fast when it comes to cruising with friends though. But I've gotta say, getting into the habit of driving like an NPC - which started way back in IV - made me a lot better at driving fast and erratically. You know how to make proper lane changes even at 100 mph and how to trail brake. I've had idiots with high powered weapons in tuned cars chasing after me in my stock Coquette. Oh it was gold, I took those winding Vinewood back roads everyone bitches about and floored it, they were left so far behind and yet they still persisted on chasing me. People seem to hate corners and can't brake to save their lives, I find them enjoyable so go fast as hell through them.

I don't have a drop top, so I take my Windsor out while using that golden embroided jacket, driving around downtown or Vinewood Hills.

And when the night comes, I go to take SuperVolito Carbon for a quick ride then a night ride in a T20, blasting through the suburbs then out to Blaine County

• Like 1

Vikki_Suicide

I've been known to obey traffic regulations from time to time. Only issue is sometimes the darn red lights just bug me and I quickly hop through before resuming my normal reign of driving.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Yeah some stoplights suck especially if you have one and then just a couple yards ahead there's another. f*ck that sh*t I'll usually pass through it like it's green. I mean waiting is part of the experience but let's be honest, who enjoys constant stop and go traffic especially when the in-game day only lasts 48 minutes and there's stuff you want to see before the day/night is over?

Me too I often drive better than NPC since in San Andreas with modded traffic & cars. Now its HD, with fp view and beauty HD scenery out there. But in V I smack my front bumper every 10 minutes

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Me too I often drive better than NPC since in San Andreas with modded traffic & cars. Now its HD, with fp view and beauty HD scenery out there. But in V I smack my front bumper every 10 minutes

I hate how easy it is to scrape the front and back of your car when driving onto inclined tarmac. It not only sounds horrible but leaves a big scratch. I get it at least every day, pita.

I'm trying to learn how to fly my helicopter normally. Like, I can get where I'm going flying like a maniac, but imagine you had real passengers (normal people lol) and you didn't want to terrify them. I like to try to fly in a smooth and deliberate manner, like you would see a real one flying in the sky. In first person mode (except landing, visibility isn't realistic enough for safe landing).

First person mode is when I like to drive cars normally, too. Some cars feel great in fp, you can really feel the balance. Others are almost impossible because you can't see out of them.

I do this quite a lot - mostly in solo/Invite only, for obvious reasons.

When shooting footage for videos / taking 'action' photos I often drive normally to avoid damaging the car. I wish there was a 'reset damage' option like on Forza (or even better, the ability to change the damage and dirt levels from 'nothing' to 'full' like in The Crew) :)

Driving in the hills with the radio on and the sun setting is actually pretty cool too. Three years after release and I still have moments in sessions that remind me that very few titles can compare to this game's environment.

• Like 1

Yeah sometimes I prefer to cruise around, it´s fun and more realistic.

Few days ago I found this guy on Youtube. Don´t ask me how I found this. This video is little bit weird. Some kind of relaxing video but some kind of cool. Guy driving around the map and roleplaying real life.

• Like 1

If I'm popping to the shops, getting a haircut, or buying some clothes or just taking time off. I'll take it easy and obey the rules of the road. Been doing it since the days of The Simpsons Hit & Run.

slimeball supreme

I like to do this, but it's also pretty cool just walking around. Loved to do that in LC. Even though the street map isn't as complex in LS, there's still a level of enjoyment to be had.

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

These videos (by Ocelot) pretty much illustrate how I drive:

Except; I have a lead foot, I cruise at a slightly faster pace than traffic and sometimes blip the throttle, so I'm one of those drivers who would likely get a ticket in real life. I also pass on the left if the car in front of me is going too slow and nothing is oncoming. And making turns I tend to floor it as well, same with when the light turn greens at a stoplight. So yeah, I'm not totally sane when it comes to driving but I still like to follow the most important rules. :lol:

I typically don't have the patience for driving at a completely normal pace all of the way unless I'm really roleplaying. Even then as soon as I get on the highway it's WOT.

Edited by Scaglietti

Yeah,I often drive slowly and carefully to avoid damaging my vehicles,and I sometimes even obey traffic lights and signs.I especially like driving slowly in vehicles which have unique animation when driving them slowly,like the cruise mode in roofless lowriders and relaxed riding on motorcycles.

Same here! I also have a habit of driving normally quite often in missions or freeroam jobs, but end up gunning my bike's engine to the objective while avoiding to crash or damage it :lol: