1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Killing other players after missions?

BlueCheese

You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I'm fairly new when it comes to going on missions with other players. Up until now I've only done solo work but I've joined a lot of missions today, mostly setups for heists, and there has been some strange happenings that I don't quite understand.

I earned a lot of gold and platinum on the missions I went on (which is WAAY better than I expected) and here the thing that confuses me, after about half of the missions today the host, as in several different hosts in different missions, decides to kill the other players, I've been spared but the other 2 players have gotten gunned down immediately after the mission is over. Wtf is that about? Did the host feel like the other two did bad?

I mean, the missions passed so what's the point of killing your team mates? Am I missing something here? I feel like a total noob :D

Furry_Monkey

It's just people doing what they feel like - don't read anything into it. It's been like this as long as the game's been out.

I've just hosted a heist for you. You ungrateful bastard, you're not coming back for not the next one.

It's just people doing what they feel like - don't read anything into it. It's been like this as long as the game's been out.

Oh I see. Well I'm just gonna start running away as soon as a mission is over then. Well unless my game crashes before I have time to do so, it's been crashing aaaall day, during missions, during the lobby. PC sucks sometimes,

If someone so much as pulls a gun out on any member of my crew while I'm letting them run a heist with us, we kill them until they leave the lobby.

Which is a real shame, because I split all finales evenly.

• Like 2

If people were being little sh*ts during the Heist by knocking me around in their Kuruma or made us fail in the exact same spot in the exact same way three times, then yeah, I'll give them a 12 gauge sandwich when we spawn in freeroam.

• Like 3

I've only ever killed players after missions who were f*cking about or AFK. As far as the missions are concerned, we're team mates so f*cking act like it.

I've killed players during missions who try to mow down others or myself with their Insurgents/Kurumas.

Edited by Candy Suxxx
  • Like 2

I've only ever killed players after missions who were f*cking about or AFK. As far as the missions are concerned, we're team mates so f*cking act like it.

I've killed players during missions who try to mow down others or myself with their Insurgents/Kurumas.

Now that makes sense, a lot of the players that got killed after the mission seemd to either fall really far behind or be AFK so maybe the host was fed up. One guy did say that he had been trying to do the key codes setup like 6 times but it kept failing because the players just stood there or they didn't help fight off the enemies. Now I got business done, I was shooting like crazy and I got the key codes delivered! Yes, I'm happy I did good, don't care if it's a noob thing :D

Edited by BlueCheese

Go into passive before entering the mission if you're not put into a different session you will return to the session in passive.

Hope this helps.

ˆ what trefactor said... (Even when you spawn into another session you'll still be in passive mode)

Passive mode eh? I'll remember that. I don't wanna get killed after a mission for no reason, especially since I'm too lame when it comes to getting revenge :D Well that is if I'll be able to even join missions next time I play. It's been so bad today, game crashes in the middle of missions which I hate since it just looks like I left the job, total freezes when I try to accept an invite or even look at my damn phone too see what kind of jobs are available, can't even tab out out ctrl+alt+del when that happens. I just stopped accepting invites all together at the end.

Edited by BlueCheese

Alternatively, do missions solo from an Invite Only session.

• Like 1

Regardless if we just finished a mission. I still don't know you. If we haven't communicated and established trust or you aren't on my friends/crew list I will attack when we spawn in freeroam.

I suggest to prevent this, talk to the player you are working with and/or go passive before joining a job.

• Like 1

It's pretty much a dick move, particularly with heist setups when you're likely going to be in the next set up with these same people. Nothing new.

Regardless if we just finished a mission. I still don't know you. If we haven't communicated and established trust or you aren't on my friends/crew list I will attack when we spawn in freeroam.

I suggest to prevent this, talk to the player you are working with and/or go passive before joining a job.

Easier said than done since it's been like talking to a wall all day, I managed to have a conversation with one guy today, one guy. I don't know, might be language barriers in my case since I'm usually on when the rest of europe is on and there are a lot of people that don't seem to understand english from what I've seen and heard in chat. So maybe they have no idea what the hell I'm going on about when I try to be friendly during missions.

I never start anything without being in passive first. Then the idiots can't shoot after missions.

Easier said than done since it's been like talking to a wall all day, I managed to have a conversation with one guy today, one guy. I don't know, might be language barriers in my case since I'm usually on when the rest of europe is on and there are a lot of people that don't seem to understand english from what I've seen and heard in chat. So maybe they have no idea what the hell I'm going on about when I try to be friendly during missions.

I'm always friendly and super helpful during missions. Not freeroam though.

It's nothing personal, like others said go passive before joining the job. Players just have fun killing each other.

As for talking to others not working, it could be many things, no mic/mic muted/different language/no interest.

When I play it's usally on mute. so if you weren't friend/crew before or after doing a mission you are kinda in for a fight regardless.

Players just enjoy killing other actually players because it's completely different then killing NPC. It's supposed to be fun, try looking at it differently.

try finding like minded individuals to play with that have mics and friend them. The one guy you talked to all day did you friend him? Maybe you should have. Lots of people just don't want to talk and be friendly so friend the ones that are. If it goes south unfriend.

I don't know, this sort of thing used to happen all the time after those long Rooftop Rumble sessions back in the old days. You would spawn into a lobby next to the person you finished the mission with, and before you could even turn around, they would have a gun in your face--killing you without a thought a half second thereafter.

My personal opinion and not to offend anyone, but I think it's sort of backhanded and uncalled for. If they were just in the mission to collect a quick payout and were off dicking around instead of playing; trolling others during the mission; or just being a general pain in the arse, that's one thing and perhaps justified in many circumstances. However, if your group is playing well together during the mission and you're all keen to keep it going, I think killing your former teammates upon re-spawn is like stabbing them in the back or spitting in their face. It sends the message that you're just apt to pull off a quick kill at their expense and that you think of them as just an easy target.

Perhaps my view is old fashioned, but that's just me. There is nothing saying that you can't (and we know that others certainly will if one is not in passive) but there is something about the practice that screams "poor sportsmanship" to me unless they were doing some of the things that I and others mentioned above. Whenever this happened and I were host, I made it a point to not invite those back for the next mission or whatever else.

This also used to happen in crew versus crew events every now and then. It was always agreed upon that whilst in the lobby together, we would not fire upon or attack each other. However, some did not comply and this happened most often after the conclusion of the event. In that case, fighting back was a common fixture and those crews involved in this behaviour were blacklisted from being invited to future events.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 4

action_pumper

This all started with one ass clown taking a cheap kill. Then it spread like a virus with everyone expecting to be attacked, ergo they try to kill you first.

You can spot the dicks during the pac stan heist, they're the ones torching hostages.

I use the knife for those c%&ts but ya gotta be quick and spawn at the back.

Edited by action_pumper

Shadowfennekin

People who kill everyone after the Heist ends is why I turn on Passive before joining a Heist.

I only turn it off to shoot somebody if they were the cause for us starting over or being a Rambo. Or just not getting the meaning of STEALTH. They deserve a cap in their ass and some jet cannon fire too if they stay long enough for me to get one

• Like 1

For some reason I spawn in lobbies quicker then other players. So I always have the choice to shoot or run away first...

Got sick of being shot in the back sparing others...Now I kill before they realize they're out of the clouds.

Cackling Jack

If people were being little sh*ts during the Heist by knocking me around in their Kuruma or made us fail in the exact same spot in the exact same way three times, then yeah, I'll give them a 12 gauge sandwich when we spawn in freeroam.

Haha 12 gauge sandwich! Love it. On topic If they pull a piece on me then ill drop em like sh!t on a blanket.

• Like 1

So to sum it up, people are dicks. I don't even know if I like online that much anymore, it's crap like this that kinda kills it for me. I don't think it's fun killing other players regardless of the reason for doing it so clearly I don't belong in online, and it's not like I feel like accepting an invite to the next setup if the host just killed of the other players so it's kinda counterproductive, I mean good luck filling a lobby for a setup if you keep killing the people that help you. hmm, might go back to invite only and solo missions, I'm just not a multiplayer type of person :p

It's pretty much a dick move, particularly with heist setups when you're likely going to be in the next set up with these same people. Nothing new.

GTA0 should really be called "Dick Move City" because that's all it is.

Rockstar enables, and the dickhead players gleefully comply. Players are dicks and Rockstar is the Master Dick.

Passive before mission is the real defense, as people said above. On old gen, they would still try to run you over immediately. It got to be a reflex for me to jump up on the nearest wall, the instant I spawned.

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 2

HumbleCarLover

@bluecheese. Nah. Just come with me in one of my heists. Nobody will attack you, everybody is friendly and if not i kick them from my friendslist.

But so far, everyone is. And i have 200 friends, just sorted out 50 that arent playing anymore... I only accept friends that are friendly and communicate (at least to a certain degree) and willing to learn from me/the team on how to become a good heister..

But you sure make a ton of money while heisting, Pacific Heist gives around 380.000 /1hour 15min, - for everyone - Nothings beats that so far :)

If your interessted, i am playing on PC and my social club name is also JD_ROCKD. Write me a message if u want me to add you.

EDIT: btw i am almost always passive in open lobbies. If i forgot it and someone starts killing me i wont stop until they go and leave me and the team alone. And they are certainly not allowed to play in the rest of the Heist when i am the leader.

Edited by JD_ROCKD

You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I'm fairly new when it comes to going on missions with other players. Up until now I've only done solo work but I've joined a lot of missions today, mostly setups for heists, and there has been some strange happenings that I don't quite understand.

I earned a lot of gold and platinum on the missions I went on (which is WAAY better than I expected) and here the thing that confuses me, after about half of the missions today the host, as in several different hosts in different missions, decides to kill the other players, I've been spared but the other 2 players have gotten gunned down immediately after the mission is over. Wtf is that about? Did the host feel like the other two did bad?

I mean, the missions passed so what's the point of killing your team mates? Am I missing something here? I feel like a total noob :D

like someone said above i always put passive mode before i start something with randoms , because of that kind of dickmove that happens all the time in gta

Try getting spawned into the same block as everyone from a premium race... everyone wants to kill the person who won the $100k lol... passive mode is key.

• Like 5

Same here. In particular during Series A Weed I was manning the gun on the Technical, when the guy driving jumped it off the cliff just past the tunnel, which flattened my character. Then right after spawing in saw the Technical diring at me full speed and got flattened again on purpose. "Oops lol" as he said through his headset. "But enough screwing around".

Well I didn't join this heist so he could get cheap kills on me. I repeated the jump and flatten he did when I was driving the Technical this time around, but that got the Technical wedged and it caught fire & exploded. Kill score 1 to 2. While we got serious and completed the setup on the next try. I appeared back in free roam and I was in passive, as I'm there for heists not to kill or be killed. The host pointed a weapon at me as I was leaving passive, then put it away. So first I shot him, then I shot the other guy as he tried to run to make it 2-2. I took cover from both of them, and the cops until I could go back into passive..and we completed Steal Meth and the finale without any more drama.