2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spaghetti Cat

Westworld (HBO Series)

Lubas

Watched two episodes.

So far so good.

El Dildo

especially considering the fact that we get to see Thandie Newton full-frontal nudity.

god DAMN milf of my dreams.

Raavi

That instrumental rendition of Paint it Black is just fantastic.

Kirsty

I'm starting to really like this series, just got caught up on all the episodes so far.

I've never seen the movie so I don't really know where the story is going, if it even still compares to that, but it's very mysterious and it feels like something big is going to be revealed soon. Watching the hosts slowly show some kind of human consciousness is very cool.

AlienTwo

I'm starting to really like this series, just got caught up on all the episodes so far.

I've never seen the movie so I don't really know where the story is going, if it even still compares to that, but it's very mysterious and it feels like something big is going to be revealed soon. Watching the hosts slowly show some kind of human consciousness is very cool.

They might be totally un related... or

The movie could be the park from 30 years ago... dundundun!

Craigsters

I started watching this on the weekend from HBO on demand here in Canada, I had 5 episodes to catch up on and still have to watch the 4th and 5th episode, might do that later on today, it was funny hearing soundgarden on a player piano during the first episode

Edited by Craigsters

Jonesizzle

Has there been any indication on how long they want this show to last? With the way things are going, I could see this wrapping up in one season and be perfectly fine with it. What a great show.

Miamivicecity

Has there been any indication on how long they want this show to last? With the way things are going, I could see this wrapping up in one season and be perfectly fine with it. What a great show.

I could see it going for another season, but wouldn't be disappointed if it wrapped up in 1. It just doesn't feel like the kind of show that can go on 5+ seasons IMO.

It's so high quality it would be a shame to see it lose its shine if it drags out too long.

Raavi

Five or six seasons going by their own timeline. They're setting up far too many different paths for it all just to conclude in one season.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1562520/how-many-seasons-hbos-westworld-already-has-planned

AlienTwo

Five or six seasons going by their own timeline. They're setting up far too many different paths for it all just to conclude in one season.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1562520/how-many-seasons-hbos-westworld-already-has-planned

This is part of why I have a lot of faith in this show, they have gone where not a lot of shows seem to go... they have a plan.

MIGta

In the latest episode when he went down to the basement did we see a silhouette of the Yul Brynner robot from the original film?

AlienTwo

In the latest episode when he went down to the basement did we see a silhouette of the Yul Brynner robot from the original film?

Looked like it 100%.

Craigsters

Looked like it 100%.

I thought the same thing, and doubted to mention it here, cause some might not know who Yul Brynne is, but glad others seen the same thing and seen the coincidence!..

Edited by Craigsters

Darth Yokel

Holy f*ck. I don't remember the last time that any piece of fiction had taken me by surprise as much this week's episode. Did anyone see that coming?

AlienTwo

Holy f*ck. I don't remember the last time that any piece of fiction had taken me by surprise as much this week's episode. Did anyone see that coming?

I had a suspicion as he kept missing things I thought he should see

Now I'm convinced that he's made in the image of Arnold, and I'm damn sure about the 30 year difference/dual timeline theory.

[\spoiler]

I'm convinced he's also build in the image of Arnold. Also, the 30 year difference/Dual timeline throwy seems guaranteed now.

Darth Yokel

I didn't follow the show that closely. I want to be surprised so I just watch one episode at a time and between that I move on with my life. I didn't follow any of the theories. Didn't even know about them.

Edited by The Yokel

AlienTwo

I didn't follow the show that closely. I want to be surprised so I just watch one episode at a time and between that I move on with my life. I didn't follow any of the theories. Didn't even know about them.

The dregs of having a life worth paying attention too, eh? ;)

Zoobz

Great episode.

Cool twist at the end. I figured he was a robot when he mentioned he couldn't see the door. Very convincing up till then though. He was testing on other robots and was wondering what happened to Elsie. Dr Ford is a Mastermind, all be it a crazy one at that.

AlienTwo

*Android.

They'll be in charge soon, we need to respect their proper naming conventions. ;)

Darth Yokel

The dregs of having a life worth paying attention too, eh? ;)

When I didn't have a life I knew about every LOST theory. I was obsessed. It wasn't a very good idea to be invested to such an extent. I discover that as I grow older I have to be more pragmatic with my attention. And I enjoy being surprised like this. It's a win-win. I'm glad that I wasn't aware of the theory about Bernard prior to watching this. It made that moment very powerful. I feel like that's the reaction that the creators of the show had intended.

Edited by The Yokel

Craigsters

About Ed Harris role see spoiler

I think he may be Arnold or Arnold imput himself into one of his creations to get revenge on Anthony Hopkins character, Am I assuming right?

Jonesizzle

This last episode explains why Bernard never uses his glasses... good god that annoyed me.

Red XIII

Thought I heard some Pink Floyd as well.

Sound garden, the cure, johnny cash and the rolling stones! This series has such great music and beautifully done all on piano.

El Dildo

This last episode explains why Bernard never uses his glasses... good god that annoyed me.

you could see that sh/t coming from a mile away as they were walking through the woods to the cabin.

I love how many more layers they're adding to this show than the original movie ever had.

Hopkins just keeps replacing the insubordinate people around him with the hosts.

we're going to reach a point where we have no idea who the f/ck is real anymore or how far back this thing goes...

Kirsty

Maybe I'm not concentrating hard enough, but it was certainly a surprise for me, loved the latest episode. As soon as he said "what door?" it started becoming clear and it was like a lightbulb went off lol. I'm with Yokel, not knowing a thing about it and staying away from theories made it even greater television. The acting is just superb, very glad I started watching this.

Also, I read they did other "worlds" in the movie, do you reckon we'll get other themes eventually?

Jonesizzle

I honestly felt like Bernard wasn't a host, they made him so believable and likeable I honestly never seen it coming. I just started digging into theories after this episode, but kept it pretty short to limit any spoilers.

Excellent show, I really hope they don't make us wait 'til 2018 for season 2.

El Dildo

see the problem I ran into is that - pretty much right after episode 3 - I've started assuming that more people are probably hosts than not.

just to be safe.

if I had the ability to construct AI lifeforms as good as those, I'd f/cking replace everyone around me, too ;)

we don't know how deep this rabbit hole goes. Hopkins 'himself' is probably just a host for his own brain which is sitting nice and safe in an isolation tank somewhere. what better way to essentially achieve immortality and invincibility? AW SH/T going deep with the fan theories.

Edited by El Diablo

AlienTwo

see the problem I ran into is that - pretty much right after episode 3 - I've started assuming that more people are probably hosts than not.

just to be safe.

if I had the ability to construct AI lifeforms as good as those, I'd f/cking replace everyone around me, too ;)

we don't know how deep this rabbit hole goes. Hopkins himself is probably a host for his brain which is just sitting in an isolation tank somewhere. what better way to essentially achieve immortality and invincibility? AW SH/T going deep with the fan theories.

So, on that note, is the board member a host? She and Ford both had the exact same 'Blood Sacrifice' line and it threw me a bit.