2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
The Wandering Hunter

the favourite bike bonus

Gridl0k

Can confirm slot makes no difference btw, tried that.

I swear I've driven my Drag a ton more than Garg since it dropped but we'll see.

*Anyone* successfully changed theirs? Just for clarity. Locce I guess?

Gaffa

Has anyone tried looking at the contracts wall? I'm sure it tells you what your favourite MC is there, but I was wondering if here is also the place where that can be changed. Probably not.

Locce

First bike I rode after the update was my old Hakuchou, and I noticed that it was my favourite bike after doing my shopping spree. It changed to one of the new bikes, the Nightblade I think, when I tested some of the new bikes, but now it has stabilised on my Hakuchou since I would ride that one even indoors if I could. :p

Vicarious Mind

Any conformation if you can actually set a favorite yet?

SaltyGTAFMember

Any conformation if you can actually set a favorite yet?

I wish it was a option on the menu.

Piro

yeah I'm pretty sure it's not working as it should. Game still thinks my favorite bike is Zombie Chopper but since biker update all I use is Cliffhanger and Haku Drag

MusicMan05

I'm not sure about the timer. Here's my experience with the favorite:

• Purchased and modded the Chimera - Chimera is the favorite
  • Purchased and modded the Nightblade - Nightblade is the favorite
  • Purchased and modded the Wolfsbane - Wolfsbane is the favorite
  • Driven the Gargoyle for a few hours doing sell/buys - Wolfsbane is still the favorite

So a motorcycle that's been driven for maybe an hour is marked as the favorite vs one that's been driven for a few hours.... something is definitely off.

I think there's an easy solution to this favorite bike ability. The MC mechanic is LSC, minus the Sell option. How about in place of the Sell option they add a Favorite option that lets players manually set the motorcycle/quad as the players current favorite. This way there's a point in purchasing the MC mechanic.

Edited by MusicMan05

Gaffa

All I've been told is that it IS dependent on the amount of time you've used the vehicle.

I did a little test (this is the PC version). One character started off by having the Hakuchou Drag as their favourite, but I wanted to change that to the Nightblade. I needed to call for the Nightblade and ride it a fair few times (and nothing else) before that was then considered as the favourite bike.

On the other character, his favourite is the Zombie Chopper, but I'm seeing how long it'll take to get it to be what I'm currently using, the Gargoyle. Of course 'how long' won't be of any use to people.

KornbreadMaf1a

I'm with the don't this this is working as intended crowd.

The first bike I rode after the update was the Avarus and as soon as I got on it I got the notification that it was now my favorite bike and it is still listed as my favorite bike now even though the bikes I ride the most are the Zombie bobber and chopper. I know that I have used both Zombies significantly more than the Avarus yet my favorite bike never changes.

Ordering a bike through the MC president menu only orders a bike it doesn't set your favorite bike. I've seen people say you can change it yet no one has been able to tell anyone how you actually do change it.

Robaldinio

It's weird to find out that the game can/does actually track how much we use our different PVs. I always thought it would be cool if the stats that appear above our PVs in the garage included how many miles you had driven with each one.

Edited by Robaldinio

SaltyGTAFMember

I'm with the don't this this is working as intended crowd.

The first bike I rode after the update was the Avarus and as soon as I got on it I got the notification that it was now my favorite bike and it is still listed as my favorite bike now even though the bikes I ride the most are the Zombie bobber and chopper. I know that I have used both Zombies significantly more than the Avarus yet my favorite bike never changes.

Ordering a bike through the MC president menu only orders a bike it doesn't set your favorite bike. I've seen people say you can change it yet no one has been able to tell anyone how you actually do change it.

They knew they were wrong.

It chose a favorite bike without me being in a mc clubhouse.

It picked the first bike I rode as my favorite.

IamCourtney

I used my Akuma for the first day or two, played maybe 4 or 5 hours total, been using the BF400 since then and as near I can figure my favorite switched from Akuma to BF after roughly 4-5 hours of deliberate use.

Hominin

The favourite bike is determined by which bike you rode the longest since the update. It does not matter how long you have had your Batis etc. And it adapts quickly at the moment since the maximum amount of time you could have sat on one bike from the update up to now is not all that long. If your favourite bike is not the one that you want it to be, just ride around on your "true" favourite bike and the game will soon apply the bonus to that one. I find it quite nice that it does not count previous times, too, since it would have taken ages to switch from my good old Hakuchou to my good new Hakuchou Drag.

The interaction menu only lets you spawn a bike, and when you have your favourite bike selected it tells you so, but to my knowledge there is no option to manually override what the game has determined to be your favourite ride other than riding one bike until it becomes your favourite.

And no, the slot or garage the bike is parked in does not make a difference.

This would be the most logical behavior but i am starting to think there is a bug there. bought my nightblade and defiler. mostly rode the nightblade so that became my favorite. Once i learned about the "fav bike" thing i figured i might bump the defiler up so i can easily change my fav bike by riding it for 5-10min. have been riding the defiler ever since and avoiding the nightblade completely (use the carbon rs when i need 2 seats) and nightblade is still shown as favorite :/ It would be nice if there was some official information about this so we can know what we might be doing wrong or submit a bug report.

Punker104

There was a notification pop up on release saying the bike you put in slot 1 at ur clubhouse is your favourite bike. So I assume that's how they intended it to work but It just doesn't

Edited by Punker104

The Wandering Hunter

this seems glitched

they should just allow us to choose a bike, maybe with a delay between changing it

KingYellow

Bump,

Anybody figured out how to change the favourite bike. Mine is the chopper, but my cliffhanger is what I ride most being an MC.

Now when I am near death, I have to switch bikes.

wizooord

for PC,

I think i saw something about rockstar support answering someone, instructing to delete local user profile from documents folder? should reset fav bike, brightness settings and some other crap. back up your files and try idk might work

Gaffa

for PC,

I think i saw something about rockstar support answering someone, instructing to delete local user profile from documents folder? should reset fav bike, brightness settings and some other crap. back up your files and try idk might work

I'd laugh if Rockstar Support actually recommended doing that, considering most of the GTA Online data is stored on the Rockstar servers. Why favourite bike info would be stored locally but not other data eludes me.

Halal Cyborg

How exactly do I know I'm getting this bonus?

I always call in my hakachou from the motorcycle president tab and it comes up first but how do I know it's active?

Forza Harrd

How exactly do I know I'm getting this bonus?

I always call in my hakachou from the motorcycle president tab and it comes up first but how do I know it's active?

Scroll through the motorcycles when you pull open that menu, the menu will tell you which one is favorite.

brose_sfr

sold my "favorite" bike (bobber) & rode around on for a couple hours and no new bike was set as my favorite. filled the empty slot in my garage and still nothing. repurchased a bobber & it's now my "favorite" again. #icry

The Wandering Hunter

for PC,

I'd laugh if Rockstar Support actually recommended doing that, considering most of the GTA Online data is stored on the Rockstar servers. Why favourite bike info would be stored locally but not other data eludes me.

this is rockstar we're talking about

anyone tested?

Parth13

for PC,

this is rockstar we're talking about

anyone tested?

Nah, that doesn't work, Because i delete my Local profile everyday before starting the GTA because local cache conflicts with server data and sometime times me out of the online, which upon clearing cache gets solved.

so if my bike had changed i would have known,

My first favorite was Hak.drag which i bought even before i bought a clubhouse, as soon as DLC dropped i Replaced my normal Hak with Hak-Drag and instantly it became my Favorite bike,

then later on Avarus was my Fav as i bought it and it stayed like this, at this point i had bought all of the bikes added and released in the DLC but the favorite bike didnt change from avarus,

A day later i bought my normal Hak back and it became my favorite. it stayed like this for few days, i still kept driving all the bikes but none of them changed to Fav.

Then suddenly my Defiler bacame my Favorite 2 weeks ago and it is still the favorite bike even if i drive it less than my Vortex and Hak.Drag.

so the SO-Called-Tracking-System added by R* is broken and we can't do anything about it other than keep trying to make our really favorite bike truly favorite.

Gridl0k

^ Have you bought a new clubhouse or other biker property in this time?

Parth13

^ Have you bought a new clubhouse or other biker property in this time?

Yeh, i keep changing my clubhouse from Paletobay to Vespucci beach from time to time and after there was another property available to purchase i bought a sixth 10-car property and purchased any previously sold bikes as well as new released bikes (Daemon, Shotaro)

none of them changed to Favorite in time of the buying or driving, so probably the problem is in the Favorite bike Tracking code.

Edit: i think i own everything that i wanted to buy in the biker update, i even own every businesses and only 3 of them are running, the only thing that is out of the reach is the Favorite bike Option, i would like mine to change to Vortex but the thing is broken so it's best to wait until R* fixes it in Next Update (IF it is coming and R* thinks about fixing all the broken things in game for first time).

Edited by Parth13

SickBoy

sold my "favorite" bike (bobber) & rode around on for a couple hours and no new bike was set as my favorite. filled the empty slot in my garage and still nothing. repurchased a bobber & it's now my "favorite" again. #icry

This is my problem, I bought the Zombie Chopper for my main, and the Bobber for my second char, but after a while of testing the out and customising them (long enough for them to become the favourite for each character, respectively), I came to prefer the Bobber and so sold both, and bought the Bobber for my main and the Chopper for my second. This was a day after the update dropped, and since then my main has ridden the Bobber by far and large, the most out of any vehicle I own, yet the Chopper remains the favourite. If there was a guaranteed way of swapping them round, I'd gladly re-purchase each bike to do so, just so I can have my favourite bikes as my favourite bikes, but unfortunately I don't think there is and I'm simply not wasting the money.

Edited by ScottishPunk

Cant-B-Faded

I don't have a clubhouse. Is there a quick way to check which bike is my favorite?

AndrewTfromNZ

In stats under vehicles

Semaj 2JZ♢

It really is a bummer this is messed up for people. It should be a selectable option. Like, apparently the 'bike in slot 1' hypothesis. Really hoping it gets 'fixed' in one way or another, because the added bonuses are quite beneficial.

On the plus side, before bikers I only had the 801RR for DO, 10 sec wheelie, purposes. I immediately bought a clubhouse and grabbed the HD and it became my favorite after customizing it at the Alamo Sea LSC. Couldn't be happier as that is what I wanted to be my favorite anyway. 😊

Shadowfennekin

I hope they fix this. I haven't touched my Nightblade in weeks.

Been riding the Sanctus and Shotaro exclusively.

Sanctus was moved to slot 1, no bonus. Kept it there since I bought it and still it has yet to register as my favorite.

Really, I want the Shotaro as my "fav" perks of looking awesome, being fast, and big insurance bill instead of the pathetic insurance bill the Nightblade gives players