Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,706 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Helegad

[III|REL] Refined GXT

Helegad

This project is basically a complete review of the GTA III GXT. I started this like a decade ago under the name "Spellcheck". It's finally just about done. Features:

- Fixed all errors, spelling or otherwise

- Various rewritten lines for accuracy in dialog and helpfulness in briefings

- Consistent colour coding, "styling"

Blue = Briefings and specific information

Grey = General information in gameplay, removed lines, and non-English text in dialog

White = Dialog, keyboard controls

Green = Good

Red = Bad

Yellow = Money

Pink = Race standing

"Mission Complete" version: Download

"Mission Passed!" version: Download

It's not totally finished yet. This is a stage I'm prepared to release it at (basically everything done), but there may still be some errors hanging around in there that I'll catch as I go. I'm also going to remove as many unused entries as possible later on. Check back every so often for a new version.

This mod is designed for high definition resolutions and 1.40 PS2 > PC restoration, as I'm not a fan of Rockstar's nasty habit of altering their games after release. Thus, Mafia surveillance and overused putas are in.

gta3_2016_09_30_17_45_51_56.png

gta3_2016_10_01_18_37_10_10.png

gta3_2016_09_30_17_39_20_87.png

gta3_2016_09_30_17_46_56_70.png

gta3_2016_09_30_17_47_48_37.png

gta3_2016_09_30_18_04_08_92.png

Known bugs:

- Rampage briefings are not shown

Edited by Helegad

Dealux

Looks good. More stuff to improve my game.

(Ambient)

Simple, but good.

Nihilist.

It may be one of the very few absolutely essential mods for GTA III which improve, not change the game. I'd love to see other III enthusiasts building GXT translations upon your work (of course with permission and credit), because of colour coding, which really adds a lot to the base game, even if it's just a cosmetic detail. That's very fine job you've done.

It's a shame I've replayed GTA III just few months ago, so for now I won't be able to experience the mod first hand. I've downloaded it just in case, to use it in the future, however for some reason I can't open nor unpack the archive (tested on two PCs with 7-Zip). Does anyone have the same problem?

Silent

I don't like how "Mission Passed!" is changed though - it grew to be kind of iconic in III era games.

Inadequate

Simple, but nice. Also I agree with Silent^.

Dealux

I don't like how "Mission Passed!" is changed though - it grew to be kind of iconic in III era games.

Yeah, but "Mission Complete" sounds better, more grammatically correct almost.

Helegad

I can't open nor unpack the archive (tested on two PCs with 7-Zip). Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for the kind words :) the archive is compressed with RAR5, so update your extractor.

It's a good idea for everyone to redownload every few days. I've uploaded five new versions since release, fixing little things as I test the script in-game.

Edited by Helegad

Dealux

Do this for the other GTA games as well.

BTW, did you change the lines in those Asuka missions (and any other similar instances) where R* changed some of the text presumably for censorship purposes but the audio remained the same?

Jinx.

Nope, he didn't. Noticed that a few days ago on my custom III.

Dealux

I think restoring those lines would make sense for this mod. I can't be bothered to edit stuff myself as I am focused on other modding aspects right now.

Helegad

I'm sure I did... I know I added "overused puta" in The Exchange...

EDIT: Yes, I did. FYI, Mafia surveillance is the original, not FBI, and this mod is designed to go with PS2 restorations. I should probably have added that to OP :p

Edited by Helegad

Mr.ClaudeFan

This one puts mine to shame. Great work, sir!

Mr.ClaudeFan

Sorry to spam, but I see that in the screenshots, the money counter shows the exact amount, with no zeroes at all. (Pretty sure there's a technical term for that but it isn't coming to mind unfortunately.) Can I ask what mod that is?

zmudziak32

I would like to stick Mission Passed, it used in all GTAs since GTA III. If you wanna stick to Complete rename Mission Passed to Job Complete like GTA 2.

Dealux

"Mission Complete" is the more formal way to say it. For that reason I think it sounds better.

Helegad

I would like to stick Mission Passed, it used in all GTAs since GTA III. If you wanna stick to Complete rename Mission Passed to Job Complete like GTA 2.

"Silent likes this"

You guys should start up a f*cking fan club :lol:

I've made a Mission Passed version for yous. Check the OP.

Helegad

It may be one of the very few absolutely essential mods for GTA III which improve, not change the game. I'd love to see other III enthusiasts building GXT translations upon your work (of course with permission and credit), because of colour coding, which really adds a lot to the base game, even if it's just a cosmetic detail. That's very fine job you've done.

It's a shame I've replayed GTA III just few months ago, so for now I won't be able to experience the mod first hand. I've downloaded it just in case, to use it in the future, however for some reason I can't open nor unpack the archive (tested on two PCs with 7-Zip). Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for the kind words! The archive is RAR5, not RAR. Update your software :)

Dealux

Dude. What the hell did you do with the text instructions for some of the rampages (mostly in Staunton)? Why did you empty the strings? No instructions show up in game for some of them. I'm assuming you did this by accident or you were planning to change the text.

Either that or I was on an old version. Can you verify whether you did in fact delete the instructions? It felt weird not getting them but luckily I knew what I had to do since I've completed those so many times now.

Helegad

I didn't delete the instructions. I'm guessing it's like Taxi Driver where the string must start with a certain modifier for it to work. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Dealux

Yeah. There's no hurry.

BTW, are you planning to do this for the other games (VC, SA)? That would be sweet.

Edit: I found a typo. Double Cleff FM should be Double Clef FM (one "f").

Edited by ΣΓ

Helegad

Thanks, I'll fix that too.

Ruvix

Just found this
In the PS2 Version of the game Asuka talks about Mafia and the subtitles match with what she says.
In the PC Version of the game Asuka talks about the FBI and the subtitles don't match.

Dealux

He fixed those AFAIK.

Jitterdoomer

Reupload these again, the files are broken after download.

Edited by Jitterdoomer

Helegad

Mod updated to 1.05. I've fixed the Insane Stunt details bug and ZT- has kindly provided some grammatical changes for the credits.

So far I can't work out what is causing the Rampage briefings to only appear once though...

Edited by Helegad

Claude_Lib

Probably something in SCM.

---

About a week ago I thought that I had enough of these RET, ENT and LMB, and decided to fix the button prompts. While at it, I also edited several help texts that tell the player what buttons to press. So, if you want, here are my correction:

FEC_BSP	BackspaceFEC_CLK	Caps LockFEC_CMP	Look Left and Right combinationFEC_DLL	DeleteFEC_DOT	Num .FEC_DWA	DownFEC_END	EndFEC_ETR	Num EnterFEC_FWS	Num /FEC_HME	HomeFEC_IRT	InsertFEC_JBO	Joy ~1~FEC_LAL	Left AltFEC_LCT	Left CtrlFEC_LFA	LeftFEC_LSF	Left ShiftFEC_LWD	Left WindowsFEC_MIN	Num -FEC_MSL	Left Mouse ButtonFEC_MSM	Middle Mouse ButtonFEC_MSR	Right Mouse ButtonFEC_MWB	Mouse Wheel DownFEC_MWF	Mouse Wheel UpFEC_NLK	Num LockFEC_NMN	Num ~1~FEC_NUS	Not UsedFEC_OKK	OKFEC_PGD	Page DownFEC_PGU	Page UpFEC_PLS	Num +FEC_PSB	Pause/BreakFEC_RAL	Right AltFEC_RCT	Right CtrlFEC_RFA	RightFEC_RSF	Right ShiftFEC_RTN	EnterFEC_RWD	Right WindowsFEC_SLK	Scroll LockFEC_SPC	SpaceFEC_STR	Num *FEC_TAB	TabFEC_UNB	Not BoundFEC_UPA	UpFEC_WRC	ContextFET_APP	APPLY THE NEW SETTING WITH RETURN, ENTER OR LEFT MOUSE BUTTON.FET_CIG	CLEAR WITH BACKSPACE. CHANGE WITH RETURN, ENTER OR LEFT MOUSE BUTTON.FET_MIG	ADJUST WITH LEFT AND RIGHT BUTTONS OR MOUSE WHEEL.FET_RIG	BIND A NEW BUTTON FOR THIS ACTION OR PRESS ESCAPE TO CANCEL.

ATUTOR	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Paramedic missions on or off~w~.ATUTOR3	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Paramedic missions on or off~w~.	BOATIN1	Jump into a boat and press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~take the wheel~w~.BOATIN2	You can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ if you are near a boat to ~h~get in it~w~.BOATIN3	Jump into a boat and press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~take the wheel~w~.BOATIN4	You can press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ if you are near a boat to ~h~get in it~w~.	CAM_A	Press ~h~~k~~CAMERA_CHANGE_VIEW_ALL_SITUATIONS~~w~ to ~h~cycle through the camera modes~w~ when on foot or in a vehicle.	CTUTOR	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Vigilante missions on or off~w~.CTUTOR2	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Vigilante missions on or off~w~.	DIAB2_4	~g~Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~g~ to ~h~activate the jingle~w~.DIAB2_6	~g~Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~g~ to ~h~activate the jingle~w~.DIAB2_7	~g~Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~g~ to ~h~activate the jingle~w~.	DRIVE_A	Have an Uzi selected when entering a vehicle then look left or right and press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~.DRIVE_B	Have an Uzi selected when entering a vehicle then look left or right and press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~.	EBAL_1	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~enter or exit a vehicle~w~.EBAL_1B	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~enter or exit a vehicle~w~.	FTUTOR	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Firefighter missions on or off~w~.FTUTOR2	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Firefighter missions on or off~w~.	GA_6	Park it, prime it by pressing ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ and LEG IT!GA_6B	Park it, prime it by pressing ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ and LEG IT!	GA_7	Arm with ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~. Bomb will go off when engine is started.GA_7B	Arm with ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~. Bomb will go off when engine is started.	GREN_1	The longer you hold ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~, the further you will throw the grenade.GREN_2	The longer you hold ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~, the further you will throw the grenade.GREN_3	The longer you hold ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~, the further you will throw the grenade.	GUN_1A	Press ~h~~k~~PED_CYCLE_WEAPON_RIGHT~~w~ and ~h~~k~~PED_CYCLE_WEAPON_LEFT~~w~ to ~h~cycle through your weapons~w~.	GUN_2A	Press and hold ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ to ~h~auto-target~w~, press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~! Try shooting the targets...GUN_2C	Press and hold ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ to ~h~auto-target~w~, press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~! Try shooting the targets...GUN_2D	Press and hold ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ to ~h~auto-target~w~, press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~! Try shooting the targets...	GUN_3A	While holding ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~, press ~h~~k~~PED_CYCLE_TARGET_LEFT~~w~ and ~h~~k~~PED_CYCLE_TARGET_RIGHT~~w~ to ~h~switch target~w~.GUN_3B	While holding ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~, press ~h~~k~~PED_CYCLE_TARGET_LEFT~~w~ and ~h~~k~~PED_CYCLE_TARGET_RIGHT~~w~ to ~h~switch target~w~.	GUN_4A	While holding ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ you can walk or run while remaining locked onto a target.GUN_4B	While holding ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ you can walk or run while remaining locked onto a target.HELP15	When on foot press ~h~~k~~PED_LOOKBEHIND~~w~ to ~h~look behind~w~.HELP2_A	Press ~h~~k~~PED_SPRINT~~w~ when running to ~h~sprint~w~.HELP4_A	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ACCELERATE~~w~ to ~h~accelerate~w~.HELP5_A	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_BRAKE~~w~ to ~h~brake~w~, or to ~h~reverse~w~ if the vehicle has stopped.HELP6_A	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HANDBRAKE~~w~ to ~h~apply the vehicle's handbrake~w~.HELP6_C	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HANDBRAKE~~w~ to ~h~apply the vehicle's handbrake~w~.HELP6_D	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HANDBRAKE~~w~ to ~h~apply the vehicle's handbrake~w~.HELP7_A	Press and hold ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ to ~h~target~w~ with the sniper rifle.HELP7_D	Press and hold ~h~~k~~PED_LOCK_TARGET~~w~ to ~h~target~w~ with the sniper rifle.HELP8_A	Press ~h~~k~~PED_SNIPER_ZOOM_IN~~w~ to ~h~zoom in~w~ with the sniper rifle and ~h~~k~~PED_SNIPER_ZOOM_OUT~~w~ to ~h~zoom out~w~ again.HELP8_B	Press ~h~~k~~PED_SNIPER_ZOOM_IN~~w~ to ~h~zoom in~w~ with the sniper rifle and ~h~~k~~PED_SNIPER_ZOOM_OUT~~w~ to ~h~zoom out~w~ again.HELP9_A	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~ the sniper rifle.HELP9_B	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~ the sniper rifle.HELP9_C	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire~w~ the sniper rifle.HM2_1	Use the RC buggies to destroy the armored cars. Press the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~detonate~w~.HM2_1A	Use the RC buggies to destroy the armored cars. Press the ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~detonate~w~.KM1_8A	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~activate the bomb~w~, remember to get out of the way.KM1_8D	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~activate the bomb~w~, remember to get out of the way.LM2_2A	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~punch~w~ and ~h~kick~w~ or ~h~swing the bat~w~!LM2_2C	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~punch~w~ and ~h~kick~w~ or ~h~swing the bat~w~!LM2_2D	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~punch~w~ and ~h~kick~w~ or ~h~swing the bat~w~!LM3_1A	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~honk the horn~w~ and let Misty know you are here.LM3_1B	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~honk the horn~w~ and let Misty know you are here.LM3_1C	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~honk the horn~w~ and let Misty know you are here.LOOK_A	Press and hold ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_LOOKLEFT~~w~ or ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_LOOKRIGHT~w~ to ~h~look left~w~ or ~h~right~w~ while in a vehicle. Press ~h~both~w~ to ~h~look behind~w~.L_TRN_1	You can ride the L-train around Portland. Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~enter or exit the train~w~.L_TRN_2	You can ride the L-train around Portland. Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~enter or exit the train~w~.PBOAT_1	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire the boat cannons~w~.PBOAT_2	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire the boat cannons~w~.RADIO_A	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_CHANGE_RADIO_STATION~~w~ to ~h~cycle through the radio stations~w~.RADIO_B	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_CHANGE_RADIO_STATION~~w~ to ~h~cycle through the radio stations~w~.RADIO_C	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_CHANGE_RADIO_STATION~~w~ to ~h~cycle through the radio stations~w~.RADIO_D	Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_CHANGE_RADIO_STATION~~w~ to ~h~cycle through the radio stations~w~.RCHELPA	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ or drive the RC car into other vehicles to ~h~detonate~w~.SIREN_1	Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~toggle sirens on or off~w~.SIREN_2	Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~toggle sirens on or off~w~.SIREN_3	Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~toggle sirens on or off~w~.SIREN_4	Tap ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_HORN~~w~ to ~h~toggle sirens on or off~w~.SPRAY_1	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire the water cannon~w~.SPRAY_4	Press ~h~~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~~w~ to ~h~fire the water cannon~w~.S_TRN_1	You can take the subway trains across Liberty. Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~enter or exit a train~w~.S_TRN_2	You can take the subway trains across Liberty. Press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~ to ~h~enter or exit a train~w~.	TTUTOR	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Taxi missions on or off~w~.TTUTOR2	Press ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~~w~ to ~h~toggle Taxi missions on or off~w~.	TUBE_2	To board a subway train, press ~h~~k~~VEHICLE_ENTER_EXIT~~w~.

There are several duplicates, but that's because originally, on PS2, the game didn't have keypress variables like ~k~~PED_FIREWEAPON~, so it had several variants of one line, mentioning different gamepad buttons, depending on what layout was used.

I have difficulties with the DRIVE_A (DRIVE_B) line. In the game, the player only needs to have an Uzi in his inventory, it is equipped automatically when entering a vehicle, so there is no need to select it manually beforehand. However, my English skills do not allow me to properly reflect this detail.

Edited by Claude_Lib