2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Hero

Real time clock

The Hero

So Kristian. asked in the SkyGFX thread about a real time clock (http://gtaforums.com/topic/750681-skygfx-ps2-and-xbox-graphics-for-pc/?p=1069100931 ).

Here it is (source included):

http://files.rockstarvision.com/realtime.zip

Works with III/VC/SA 1.0. It keeps the clocked synched to the system time so to change the time in the game you have to change your system time. Weather logic has not been changed so i guess it will take quite a while for the weather to change.

Have fun :)

Dealux

OMG. You did this for me. I know it's a basic mod but thank you. I'm going to do some testing to see if it conflicts with time restricted missions in any way (will you actually have to wait 1-2 hours to kill Salvatore for instance?).

You should have a site or something set-up for donations. I would like to donate something from time to time (but not until October 14 when my paycheck is due). Clearly you're doing a lot of great work that needs to be rewarded.

The Hero

I'm not sure how these timers work. Might be they're f*cked now. Also other missions that are time dependent. The recommended way to work around that is to just remove the mod for these missions I guess.

Hm, I don't have anything against donations of course...let's see how this works. I don't want to give out my paypal email to the whole world.

EDIT: added a donation email address to paypal now: aap [at] rockstarvision [dot] com

Edited by The Hero

hoxi

Wow, nice!

Reyks

Awesome work as always aap!

I'm guessing the time won't advance by 6 hours anymore when saving the game if this mod is installed right?

Dealux

Countdown timers work fine (they don't seem to be related to clock time). However, time dependent missions will obviously only unlock at the right time. I did a quick test and it seems that "Sayonara Salvatore" does indeed require you to wait for 3 hours. Changing my system's clock manually doesn't seem to do the trick though. I will let the game run for three hours during that mission soon to see what happens. Salvatore may not show up at all.

I'm wondering if this kind of mod would be possible for IV. It would probably break V in many ways but GTA IV is probably doable.

The Hero

Reyks: Nope, as i said it's tied to system time now. No wonder Ken Rosenberg can't get any sleep...don't play at f*cking 1PM!!!

Edited by The Hero

Dealux

No wonder Ken Rosenberg can't get any sleep...don't play at f*cking 1PM!!!

lol I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.

I'm planning on completing III in one sitting with this mod and I will probably record myself doing it (but not until next year) but having to wait hours for some missions will make things tedious lol. I guess I'll just use that time for breaks and stuff.

X-Vector

I'm wondering if this kind of mod would be possible for IV.

Well, there's this.

Haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it'll work with 1.0.7.0.

SilverRST

The Hero, I appreciate you created a time clock script for GTAIII Era. However, the sync to system time is not that really good

because of free times and some play in night times and all, so it's a good suggestion to create a .ini for editing the ingame clock in ms.

For example, let's say 30.000ms ingame clock equals 30 seconds in real life world. It's kinda tedious to wait that long to transit the daytime to nighttime and

vice versa if all was truely 60.000ms/60 minutes in real world.

This may give you some ideas on how to improve your clock script:

https://nl.gta5-mods.com/scripts/time-scaler

Edited by SilverRST

Dealux

Huh? Either I'm too sleep deprived or your post makes little to no sense. This just makes the clock in your game sync with your real computer clock. Nothing fancy here and it works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that you're talking about something else entirely and the purpose of this mod is pretty clear, but I am not against .ini options though.

The Hero

I am not against .ini options though.

But I am.

If you want to change CClock::ms_nMillisecondsPerGameMinute (unsigned int), you can just use cheatengine or whatever. The addresses are 0x8F2C64, 0x97F2B4 and 0xB7015C for III, VC and SA respectively.

Edited by The Hero

SilverRST

Huh? Either I'm too sleep deprived or your post makes little to no sense. This just makes the clock in your game sync with your real computer clock. Nothing fancy here and it works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that you're talking about something else entirely and the purpose of this mod is pretty clear, but I am not against .ini options though.

I meant an edite-able option to change the clock in milliseconds.

thalilmythos

There is allready a cleo mod with that made by MKKJ look around in the script and plugins section for the topic called "minor feats set" and you will find it, sorry to go off topic, but i had to say it, because i'm using it myself and it gets the job done.

Reyks

You can use the "HowManyMinsInDay" option in MixSets to increase how many real-life minutes there is in a day, I leave it at 48 minutes so it matches the GTA V/IV day cycle, but you can set it to anything you want.

Edited by Reyks

fannys

Weather logic has not been changed so i guess it will take quite a while for the weather to change.

Has anyone done this? It is clear that everyone has his own taste and settings, but it would be interesting to play in the pouring rain for an hour. My weather is sunny all the time.