1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Activities in Gta Next

heycorcverseneborc

List of indoor / outdoor activities and sports  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which one / ones would you like to see added in gta next ?

• Air hockey
    • Amusement parks
    • Athletics
    • Baseball
    • Base jumping
    • Basketball
    • Beach volley
    • Body building
    • Bowling
    • Boxing
    • Camping
    • Canyoning
    • Caving
    • Dancing
    • Drag Racing
    • Fishing
    • Flat wall climbing
    • Fly boarding
    • Football
    • Go-kart
    • Gymnastics
    • Hockey
    • Horse riding
    • Ice skating
    • Jetpack flying
    • Kayaking
    • Kitesurfing
    • Monster jam
    • Motocross
    • Mountain climbing
    • Paintball
    • Partying
    • Rafting
    • Sailing
    • Skateboarding
    • Skiing
    • Snowboarding
    • Snowmobiling
    • Soccer
    • Squash
    • Surfing
    • Table tennis
    • Trekking
    • Volleyball
    • Windsurfing
    • Wingsuit flying
    • Wrestling
    • 8 ball pool
    • Other ( please explain )
    • All of them

The most popular activitys until now are:

Amusement parks, Bowling, Boxing, Drag Racing, Go-Kart, Moto Cross and 8 ball pool.

Not bad.

I wonder where yoga is?😂

• Like 1

they should bring back the gang respect system from gta 2 but refine it in a way that it affects multiple endings. So basically whoever you consistently work with will eventually trust you completely and support your criminal empire while all the other gangs are out for your blood, so you'd have to wipe them all out in a climatic penultimate mission or something.

Ruling Vice City with the Haitians as your main allies might give you a different outcome than say the Cubans, Colombians, Mafia or the Russians.

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Shyabang Shyabang

Paintball

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Skateboarding... so it can be cut out again... or maybe 3rd times the charm?

Posted (edited)

BMX was great in V, but a bit more time into coding a few tricks. Would be great and probably not take that long. Let us flip at least.

Edited by DarkDayz
  • Like 1

There should be a jelqing minigame to increase the size of your character's member. Enhanced & Expanded.

• KEKW 1

CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)

More ped interactivity and actions.

(Fanboy glasses on) This is an area where Watch Dogs 2 really did much better in GTA 5

Pedestrians in that game did a greater variety of actions than in GTA 5 (which just felt recycled), and the actions they did made sense - like you would find a guy kicking a soccer ball near a park, or a variety of different buskers near tourist areas.

Additionally, peds reacted realistically to certain situations around them. Like, a car crash would end up with an argument, or a homeless guy might react in a crazy negative way to passing peds. It's so fun to play around with the AI in that game.

Finally, the game gave you a variety of emotions/lines you could say to peds. While it's slightly awkward, it definitely functions and you get a bunch of different reactions. 

It felt like you were part of the game environment, rather than an overpowered god.

RDR2 was definitely an improvement in this regard; if GTA VI has that crazy level of ped detail, it would make the game so much more fun. GTA V just feels predictable in terms of this.

Edited by CynicalMexican
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

With all signs pointing to Vice City being a main location in the game, I would imagine there's a very high likelihood that we'll see some sort of Disney/Universal studios-style amusement park in the game.  The Orlando Disney park footprint alone nears the size of GTA V's map (~40 mi² for Disney, ~49 mi² for V's San Andreas), so they could utilize a decent portion of "Central Florida" to have fun with their version of the park.

Edited by bakerach

• 3 weeks later...
Shyabang Shyabang

Soccer/football (in first-person point of view or like in the GTA games)

Edited by Shyabang Shyabang

Shyabang Shyabang

Jai alai

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jai_alai

Year-round jai alai operations include Miami Jai-Alai Fronton (the biggest in the world with a record audience of 15,502 people on 27 December 1975) and Dania Jai Alai.

Edited by Shyabang Shyabang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure why people are attracted to these minigames so much. 
I don't particularly believe the random minigames are an incredible addition to the franchise. Some things make sense, like skydiving or maybe a little arcade game to make the setting feel deeper like in San Andreas, but I'd rather have actually engaging side activities than sh*t like tennis.
Is there anybody here who played tennis in GTA 5 or basketball in San Andreas for more than 5 minutes before never touching it again? 
If I wanted to do those things in a videogame, I'd just play an actual sports game. GTA is a crime simulator, and in that regard it feels quite lacking beyond the main story (in GTA V even the main story feels quite lacking in it at times).
Throughout all the titles I've played, there were barely any fun criminal side activities. 
So far in GTA 5 you can smuggle weapons as Trevor and hunt bounties but I haven't seen much else. 

I'm very surprised Rockstar could never bother to make worthwhile thrilling side missions or activities about managing your criminal empire. Managing assets and liabilities, making money to cover periodic payments, trafficking drugs, weapons, planning robberies, assassinations, etc. The world is your oyster, but despite the stellar quality of the franchise, I feel like Rockstar hasn't utilized its features to the fullest. 
There's cranes and bulldozers in GTA V and the most Rockstar figured out to do with them was make you move around a f*cking container. Imagine all the cool destructive things you could do with the industrial vehicles in rampage missions, throwing cars onto people or something, but nope, shuffling containers it is. 

If there's gonna be good side activities in GTA 6, I prefer they be fun and not just golf or some sh*t

• Like 5

MiamiViceCity1986
37 minutes ago, MetroFloaty said:

I don't particularly believe the random minigames are an incredible addition to the franchise. Some things make sense, like skydiving or maybe a little arcade game to make the setting feel deeper like in San Andreas, but I'd rather have actually engaging side activities than sh*t like tennis.
Is there anybody here who played tennis in GTA 5 or basketball in San Andreas for more than 5 minutes before never touching it again? 
If I wanted to do those things in a videogame, I'd just play an actual sports game. GTA is a crime simulator, and in that regard it feels quite lacking beyond the main story (in GTA V even the main story feels quite lacking in it at times).
Throughout all the titles I've played, there were barely any fun criminal side activities. 
So far in GTA 5 you can smuggle weapons as Trevor and hunt bounties but I haven't seen much else. 

I'm very surprised Rockstar could never bother to make worthwhile thrilling side missions or activities about managing your criminal empire. Managing assets and liabilities, making money to cover periodic payments, trafficking drugs, weapons, planning robberies, assassinations, etc. The world is your oyster, but despite the stellar quality of the franchise, I feel like Rockstar hasn't utilized its features to the fullest. 
There's cranes and bulldozers in GTA V and the most Rockstar figured out to do with them was make you move around a f*cking container. Imagine all the cool destructive things you could do with the industrial vehicles in rampage missions, throwing cars onto people or something, but nope, shuffling containers it is. 

If there's gonna be good side activities in GTA 6, I prefer they be fun and not just golf or some sh*t

Clearly there’s an interest in them otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist no?

While I agree there should be more criminal activities it doesn’t make much sense to double down on the minigames since they’ve been apart of the series since San Andreas.

Personally I enjoy most of the mini games as they offer a nice break from the GTA norm. I like creating chaos as much as anyone, but that can get old. Especially since we do most of that in missions so I like to play pool, bowling, darts, tennis etc to break things up. If a GTA game has those things in bite sized chunks then I don’t need to fork out money for a sports game do I? 

Other open world games like Just Cause, Far Cry, Watch Dogs etc get boring to me so fast because they don’t offer a similar experience. It’s one way and one way only.

There’s really no reason why GTA VI can’t have those criminal activities you mentioned AND the minigames  people enjoy.

• Like 2

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

On 9/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, MetroFloaty said:

great post bro, perfectly captured what gta has been missing. Another bowling/tennis mini-game in VI isn't gonna cut it, we need some extra juicy stuff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 4:56 AM, Shyabang Shyabang said:

Karaoke

I love yakuza 0 (or most yakuza really) for this. they haves so many minigames and is so ambient and fun. dark storyline and goofy side quests. perfect games.

and I would say I wants pinball in GTA 6

• Like 1

Shyabang Shyabang

One of the fun things about street chess is the trash talk...