3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How does scoring work in Parachuting?

economywater

Clearly there's something more going on than just hitting the center of the circles for 15 points. I just nailed EVERY circle for 15 points -AND- was the first one to finish (perfect landing) and I came in second place!? How does that work?? I had a perfect score & was the first on the ground! Can someone please tell me exactly how the scoring works for Parachuting, because Rockstar is keeping it a complete mystery to me. Thanks

Are you talking about GTAO?

It's what you describe. Points take priority, so someone with 305 points gets first over someone with 300 points even if it takes them twice the time. If the points are equal, then time is the deciding factor.

So if you nailed every circle as well as the landing and came first, it might have been a bug. The same thing has been reported in races by other people.

• Like 1

Are you talking about GTAO?

It's what you describe. Points take priority, so someone with 305 points gets first over someone with 300 points even if it takes them twice the time. If the points are equal, then time is the deciding factor.

So if you nailed every circle as well as the landing and came first, it might have been a bug. The same thing has been reported in races by other people.

It seems like there are extra points being awarded for landing first also though. If another player and I both nail all of the circles & do a perfect landing, the person who lands first usually ends up with either 5 or 10 more points. I just can't figure it out. There is something going on with that last circle (the one on the ground) that we're not being told about. If you look at your score right before you land and then nail the landing, you'll see that you can actually get more than 15 points.

And yea…twice yesterday I nailed every circle for 15 points AND was the first one down on the ground with a perfect landing and somehow someone behind me swooped in and won? I cannot make any sense of that whatsoever.

Edited by economywater

I think what you may be running into is that although you are hitting center and landing first, you are assuming your opponent jumped at the same time as you, you both have separate timers, but the times from both are used in measurement, and compared against each other, if target points are the same the ruling refers back to the times, it may simply be that you may need to pick up the pace. Try wingsuiting the first and maybe the second target and I promise you will cut 2 or 3 seconds of your time. if you are not familiar with the wingsuit technique look up dedmedic on youtube

I think what you may be running into is that although you are hitting center and landing first, you are assuming your opponent jumped at the same time as you, you both have separate timers, but the times from both are used in measurement, and compared against each other, if target points are the same the ruling refers back to the times, it may simply be that you may need to pick up the pace. Try wingsuiting the first and maybe the second target and I promise you will cut 2 or 3 seconds of your time. if you are not familiar with the wingsuit technique look up dedmedic on youtube

Wait, so the clock doesn't start for all jumpers at the exact same time? I can sit in my helicopter for a minute while all the others jump & still have the fastest time? What's the point of the 3,2,1 countdown then?

The 3-2-1countdown is your personal point of reference, you notice that you are the only one in the helicopter? your go prompt may be visually slightly different than your opponents. and no you can't sit there, you all have a timer it is just not in exact synchronization with each other. as I said, pick up your pace. you also have to consider lag, distance from your server, internet connection, many things can change what you think you see, but a timer is a timer, and if you lose, you lose. pick up the pace.