3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Gnocchi Flip Flops

[Vehicles] The Official B*tch & Moan Topic

Mach1bud

The new moving belt on the Franken Stange (and upcoming Tornado) is awesome...

...What isn't awesome is the 100 or so other vehicles capable of having blowers yet their belts don't move.

MGCrash

The sheer fact there isn't a f*ckin supercharger. You can turbo a car for days but no superchargers? I get in the long run you want a turbo but if I'm in my Dukes driving down the highway I want that supercharger whine when I rip those tires, not a turbo whistle.

Also. The idea we got SUPERCHARGER HOOD MODS. Talk about being a ricer. Reasons like that is why my Dukes lacks the blower.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The sheer fact there isn't a f*ckin supercharger. You can turbo a car for days but no superchargers? I get in the long run you want a turbo but if I'm in my Dukes driving down the highway I want that supercharger whine when I rip those tires, not a turbo whistle.

Also. The idea we got SUPERCHARGER HOOD MODS. Talk about being a ricer. Reasons like that is why my Dukes lacks the blower.

I never want a turbo.

I was driving my Lynx yesterday and remembered how the F-Type R is supercharged. Like so supercharged you can hear it whining when you accelerate. I want that so bad on my Lynx but all you can add is a sh*tty turbo that makes the car sound like it's letting out loose farts.

J-Scott-D

^^ It sounds like there's a hippie in the passenger seat shaking a tambourine.

Nacho Z

The only car I know of with a supercharger is the Tampa, it should be an option for everything.

MGCrash

Speaking of tampa. Why is it so damn quiet? Out of all the muscle cars to be loud the Tampa is the quietest? You'd think a car thats based around a Dart/Boss 307 it would be louder than hell.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Me and Arthur were cruising around in the Dukes and Tampa last weekend. We swapped cars halfway in and I was like what in the world? It is so quiet. Compared to my Dukes which you can hear a mile away, it sounded like... air. It just sounds like nothing. You gun it and it sounds to chillax. And it's not that fast or slippery at all. Very disappointed, glad I got the Dukes and didn't waste any money on the Tampa.

AUScowboy

Soooo...whats up with that new bug that removes engine upgrades if you drive a car out of the garage instead of calling for it. Was that even proven? Is there a fix/solution, or was it just a bunch of bull?

It's f*ckIN' WITH MY SLEEP DAMMIT...

hank_wayne

A few pet peeves on vehicles that prevent me from buying them.

1)forced spoiler on the comet

2)lack of completley top down option for stallion.

3)forced louvers on tropos rallye.

If there were options to remove these, id buy them in a heartbeat

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Soooo...whats up with that new bug that removes engine upgrades if you drive a car out of the garage instead of calling for it. Was that even proven? Is there a fix/solution, or was it just a bunch of bull?

It's f*ckIN' WITH MY SLEEP DAMMIT...

It's true. It happened to my Bestia and recently my Futo. Had to reupgrade. And of course I used it to detune one of my cars for a pet peeve of mine:

Why can't I downgrade my engine for a bone stock one if I modded it before. There is a stock transmission option so why is there not a stock engine option? Dumb sh*t.

And why f*cking why when you lift off the gas but don't hit the brakes do cars stop so fast. When you lift off the gas the car should keep rolling, not act as if you're braking. Stupid sh*t.

Rewdalf

I love what they did with the Virgo.

To anyone who looks at it and thinks "meh, just a boring old car"

MENJrcv78kSLdPYQY1zDoA_0_0.jpg

It has unique engine sounds. Not sure how many people are aware of that. It seems like the car isn't very popular because it looks more "boring" than the other muscle cars.

But I always have a place for it in my garage.

The "turbo" also sounds more like a supercharger, while the engine is more grumble-y than other muscle cars.

What I hate is that this is only unique to the Virgo.

Much like the Stirling GT's rumble.

My point is, there are a few unique sounds and effects, but they're rarely used.

I understand the Stirling more. The old Benz it was based off of made a pretty distinct growl, but the Virgo's effects could easily be pitch shifted and applied to a number of cars (because lets face it, we all know some cars have slightly-adjusted existing sounds instead of their own unique ones...)

AUScowboy

So...isn't that garage/upgrades bug like bad enough to hotfix? JFC man. I'm expected to remember every time? WTF C* (wow, i usually make fun of the C* meme, but here i find it totally justifiable).

MGCrash

The sheer fact you have to buy a car over and over just to get that one thing you want. For example the Bobcat has a bullbar and a bed cap, I want them both at the SAME time but no I have to buy over and over and over.
Is it too hard to impliment a way to buy the damn things? These Benny cars I can buy stuff for daaaays without getting the actual car over and over (Thank god cause it costs me millions per car)

Rewdalf

The sheer fact you have to buy a car over and over just to get that one thing you want. For example the Bobcat has a bullbar and a bed cap, I want them both at the SAME time but no I have to buy over and over and over.

Is it too hard to impliment a way to buy the damn things? These Benny cars I can buy stuff for daaaays without getting the actual car over and over (Thank god cause it costs me millions per car)

Pretty sure for those cars with multiple addons, you can only have one at a time.

Which is just so monumentally stupid.

Is it really that difficult to allow them to be toggled in LSC?

I'm so glad I've got my 255 body style Stratum... The fact that you can't just equip the spoiler, or the splitter, just seems so dumb.

MGCrash

Pretty sure for those cars with multiple addons, you can only have one at a time.

Which is just so monumentally stupid.

Is it really that difficult to allow them to be toggled in LSC?

I'm so glad I've got my 255 body style Stratum... The fact that you can't just equip the spoiler, or the splitter, just seems so dumb.

With the help of mods back in the old gen I got a car with all of it's addons. I was so happy.

Edited by MGCrash

Mach1bud

It has unique engine sounds. Not sure how many people are aware of that. It seems like the car isn't very popular because it looks more "boring" than the other muscle cars.

The "turbo" also sounds more like a supercharger, while the engine is more grumble-y than other muscle cars.

My point is, there are a few unique sounds and effects, but they're rarely used.

I understand the Stirling more. The old Benz it was based off of made a pretty distinct growl, but the Virgo's effects could easily be pitch shifted and applied to a number of cars (because lets face it, we all know some cars have slightly-adjusted existing sounds instead of their own unique ones...)

The Virgo actually shares it's engine sound with the Rat Truck. I agree though I love unique engine notes. I want more.

Rewdalf

The Virgo actually shares it's engine sound with the Rat Truck. I agree though I love unique engine notes. I want more.

Does it make the same grumble when you let off the gas?

If so, I may actually have to buy one of those now...

Mach1bud

Give me a few mins to make 100% sure but yeah I am pretty sure it does. I drive both often but my memory has failed me in the past lol.

Rewdalf

Give me a few mins to make 100% sure but yeah I am pretty sure it does. I drive both often but my memory has failed me in the past lol.

The real shame is that you can't 100% restore the Rat Truck.

Yeah, it's called a Rat Truck because it's a Rat Rod, but I want the stock bed dammit!

Mach1bud

Yeah, it's called a Rat Truck because it's a Rat Rod, but I want the stock bed dammit!

Technically if it were 100% restored it wouldn't have that V8 under the hood either, and it would have a different engine sound 😛.

But yeah I agree again it would be nice to at least have the same bed mods as the Rat Loader.

Edit: Just tested both. I was wrong. They are extremely similar, but unfortunately the off throttle decel sound is different for the Rat Truck. It's just "normal". However, the Rat Truck is louder, while having a turbo whine with no blowoff valve. The Virgo does have a unique decel and turbo noise.

They are pretty similar overall though.

Edited by Mach1bud

Rewdalf

Technically if it were 100% restored it wouldn't have that V8 under the hood either, and it would have a different engine sound .

But yeah I agree again it would be nice to at least have the same bed mods as the Rat Loader.

I guess restomod would be a more accurate.

The V8 is still welcome, but something that looks more like the original truck would sit better with me.

It's mostly just missing the fenders... I don't know why there's no option for it to have any...

001.jpg

I get that we already have the Slamvan, but a Benny's Rat Truck would be wholly welcome.

I'd probably have something like this but without the pinstripes.

1939-chevy-pickup.jpg

1939-chevy-pickup-rear-three-quarter.jpg

Edited by Rewdalf

Mach1bud

^I edited my previous post with my findings Rewdalf.

Rewdalf

Well the lack of blow-off valve is welcomed.

There needs to be an option to keep or remove that.

Also I appreciate going through the effort to check. I'm sort of in an automotive class right now. I should probably be paying attention.

I keep turbos off of certain cars that just don't sound right with them.

Like my Thunderbird replica Peyote and non-lowrider Tornado.

Don't want them hissing and whining as I try to cruise.

ZeroSafe

The Ruiner had a digital speedometer with a blue tint, Imponte badged floor mats, Imponte badging on the headrests, and colored seat trim (I recall seeing red trim, can't remember if there were other colors).

This still annoys me to this day.

From a cool looking interior that gives another reason to own one of those to some stupid copy-pasted muscle car interior. I know first person view was Rockstar's first attempt at it but they could have at least put a bit more effort into making cars not boring.

I hope that some day we'll be able to bring the Ruiner into Benny's so I can recolor the gauges/dials to blue and apply a more fitting pattern. Until then I'm staying out of first person whenever I drive it.

JesusFR33K

2XrdKPw.gif

I feel there needs to be a bitch and moan topic solely in relation to vehicles because there are a lot of vehicle related quirks that piss you and I off I'm sure. Credit for the banner: Franceska.

Bitch away!

Personally I hate how Rockstar feels the need to jack up the rear axle of classic muscle cars. The Dukes, Sabre Turbo, etc. It's so tacky. I don't want that look. You could give me the option to have that look but I don't want it stock. I love classic muscle cars to be 100% factory looking, even if they're restored. I'm very picky when it comes to that. I am a factory car nut, all of my cars look as factory as possible. Which brings me to another qualm. Forced kits. The Feltzer. And then exaggerated body parts like flared arches on the Windsor. Little things like that can really piss me off.

Im irritated that the vigero ISNT jacked up in the back. All muscle cars should be raised in the back with fatty tires. They should use the buccaneer for inspiration. The sports classics are fine with level suspensions. Ultimately the option to change it to individual preference would b nice. R* has forgotten their Midnight Club roots.

Voit Turyv

Reanimating old names:

- the right way (Manchez, Phoenix, Stallion, Stinger sort of)

- the wrong way (Windsor, Vortex, Alpha, Jester)

MGCrash

Reanimating old names:

- the right way (Manchez, Phoenix, Stallion, Stinger sort of)

- the wrong way (Windsor, Vortex, Alpha, Jester)

Only one I disagree on is the Windsor, while yes it's not the same car (Or hell same brand as the SA version) The name still fits the car

DISTRICT7642

The Lampadati Furore GT should be lowered more.

[...]

1. Someone probably mentioned that before, but I f*cking hate how Rockstar put "Classic" into an older generation of some car. It sounds like the "Classic" cars (Coquette, Youga etc.) were produced in modern times, but with old bodies, just like in f*cking Brazil.

2. More bitching on interiors:

>Brioso R/A

>late 2000s compact car

>1990s van/pick-up interior

>Stinger & Stinger GT

>1960s sports cars

>mid-2000s sports car interior

>XLS

>2010s luxury SUV

>same thing as the Brioso R/A

>Duneloader

>1940s pick-uptruck