3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

pep legal

[SA] Traffic & Travel

arthurkiraa

First time posting here, want to say I'm loving this mod but I got a question: Can I have some beach/park folks riding a quad on the beach, for example?

I added a entry on Driver Pool called parkDrivers (ID=4) and set the designed drivers IDs on it, then i changed the quad's driver ID to the one I created, but i'm stuck on the attributes (considering i didnt do anything wrong til here). Testmode tells me on Santa Maria Beach that area: SMB type: LEISURE. I'm still only reading the manual so I don't know if the ini recognizes SMB as an area's attribute or something and how to set it. I want to see it only on that area, not in the whole leisure region. Even if i keep the quad on any of the driver pool default lists i can't see it anyway.

_F_

The mod has a lot of potential but right now to be honest it´s very buggy to be used :S

The mod sort of messed up the road paths, now cars going off road, wiping down street posts and stuff. Not just this location, I´ve noticed other places too

gNYJTuQ.jpg

Then this mod somehow overrides my custom handlings, now all cars are really really slow to accelerate and don´t turn at all. Also for some reason there is a lot of explosions on the streets, that´s very uncomfortable.

Also the cars in traffic are extremely slow and many times just head on crash each other. Sometimes the city or highway turns into a ghost town, not spawning any cars at all. But then after driving around a bit it spawns only Bravuras, very strange.

Edited by _F_

eagle152

Yeah all of these bugs were mentioned, but author seem to ignore them.

Mysterdogg

@_F_, if I'm not wrong, there's an option called "soft handling", that function it's responsable of the issues you're experiencing with your custom handling lines.

About the issues with this mod, yeah, as @eagle152 said, those bugs, problems & issues has been mentioned here by many of us but just imagine how hard should it be for one single person to fix them, I don't think that @pep legal ignore them but it's no so simple to solve them all.

In my opinion, it's better to use this mod until Traffic & Travel finally works as promised. 

Edited by Mysterdogg

Leinad
8 hours ago, Mysterdogg said:

@_F_, if I'm not wrong, there's an option called "soft handling", that function it's responsable of the issues you're experiencing with your custom handling lines.

About the issues with this mod, yeah, as @eagle152 said, those bugs, problems & issues has been mentioned here by many of us but just imagine how hard should it be for one single person to fix them, I don't think that @pep legal ignore them but it's no so simple to solve them all.

In my opinion, it's better to use this mod until Traffic & Travel finally works as promised. 

I'm agree with you, I've tested this mod I have all those bugs. I did the that you said use the real traffic fix mod, and truck & trailers mod because you can configure with ini file all the trailers, towrucks and emergency cars, the bad thing is that this mod doesn't have heli and plane traffic.

Mysterdogg
2 hours ago, Leinad said:

the bad thing is that this mod doesn't have heli and plane traffic.

There are always alternatives, @Leinad;)

mrbekirr

there is a bug i found. sometimes, the car or the bike doesnt work with wasd. like, when i press w, the bike goes back, when press s, goes front slowly etc.

and i wanna know that if i can turn off the option which makes some cars slow as hell, is it possible?

pep legal

This Mod is dead !

A "reborn"  forked version is WIP.

Edited by pep legal

LaDiDa

Looking forward to it!

Marsi4eg
On 1/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, pep legal said:

This Mod is dead !

A "reborn"  forked version is WIP.

If so, can you please upload and share a link in first post to the last stable "Trucks & Trailers 2.2"?

It was really good before all those unnecessary enhancements that caused bad bugs

Junior_Djjr

It will be infinitely easier and better to create this mod using MoonLoader.

Plugin-sdk is a very good choice too, especially since you can store several informations within each car instance, and you can use thousands of native game functions no longer being semi-limited by opcodes. If I was doing this mod, I would use plugin-sdk for sure, even Real Traffic Fix that is a LOT simpler I want to convert it.

Here a unofficial fix, that in fact is not really a "fix". I just removed the "fixed" traffic behaviour, which basically causes almost all the bugs we know. I tested for 30 minutes and the mod was great now.

https://sharemods.com/wyp4rn3nys3k/Traffic___Travel.7z.html

Here is my complaint: let people choose what they want. A lot of people just want trailers and aircrafts, and your other traffic behavior "fixes" caused more problems than helped — plus, big FPS loss.

Reading the code, we can note the infinity of things that this mod does to the game, in short, it is very intrusive.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

eagle152

Does this fix the "script suddenly affects mission cars" too?

kkjj

Is it now compatible with RTF?

Junior_Djjr

I just removed the cars trying to jump a path node to the other (I didn't understand what PepLegal wanted doing this, this make cars create "shortcuts", so driving in the sidewalks etc.) and speed controlling that made the cars very slowly here (practically stopped, maybe because of low FPS, idk).

I'm using it with Real Traffic Fix and it looks all okay.

Different from Real Traffic Fix that limits distance when applying physics to vehicles, Traffic & Travel applies physics even in distant vehicles, and one of the things that most cause FPS loss is that physics. Not only GTA SA, I realized this even in the Unity Engine, and current games like GTA V also use fake physics.

I asked a way to disable the physics again if the car is far away again, but no response...

If anyone could help us in this, both Real Traffic Fix and Traffic & Travel can have a great FPS improvement. But for now, do at least what the Real Traffic Fix does: apply physics only if the vehicle is around ~100 meters nearby.

kkjj

So it means using TT and RTF together will not cause problem, right?

Edited by kkjj

Junior_Djjr
3 hours ago, kkjj said:

So it means using TT and RTF together will not cause problem, right?

I don't know, PepLegal should know to answer this better because I don't know exactly what T&T does (in fact this mod does a lot of things).

pep legal

Spoiler
1º	CWaterLevel::RenderHighDetailWaterRectangle_OneLayer (@ 0x6E91D0)

2º	CCollision::TestSphereTriangle (@0x4165B6)

3º	CCollision::TestLineTriangle (@0x413AC0)

4º	CCoronas::RenderReflections (@0x6FB630)

5º	RpGeometryForAllMaterials (@0x74C790)

6º	D3D9AtomicAllInOneNode (@0x7575F0)
509º	CCarCtrl::SteerAICarWithPhysics (@0x437C20)

Above is shown a summarized list from a total of 1400 functions in descending order of CPU time.

Steering functions have negligible effects on CPU usage.

The first one is 1800 times heavier than the 509 one.

The sixth one is 100 times heavier.

After that I went to the practical side and did some FPS comparatives (disabling Frame Limiter of course) : again...almost zero difference.

But...I'm running on a Ryzen...so I must repeat those tests on a more limited CPU.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT :

Ok...made a mistake considering car physics impacting only Steering...

...In fact... Collision is the killer.

After disabling that Ocean square (which truly has a big CPU usage), I've redone the measurements.

With Car Physics enabled, Collision processing takes 11.8% of gta_sa.exe usage.

With Car Physics disabled, Collision processing takes 5.0% of gta_sa.exe usage.

But again...that difference, in FPS, can only be noticed when running on weak CPUs.

Keep in mind that 100% of gta_sa.exe usage is not 100% of CPU core usage.

Actually gta_sa.exe takes only something between 16% to 24% of a CPU core....all the rest is shared among D3D9.dll , NTDLL.dll ,Video Driver, Sound, etc.

But all those modules run in gta_sa.exe address space, so Task Manager put all of them into gta_sa.exe cpu usage account.

Edited by pep legal
Tests redone

GN_08

Is it just me or this mod forcing actor or peds stealing and jacking cars like their own, i have some issues while playing with mission, wrong side of the tracks, big smoke run towards his car instead riding with me in Sanchez haha

Junior_Djjr
On 2/1/2019 at 2:36 AM, pep legal said:

But again...that difference, in FPS, can only be noticed when running on weak CPUs.

So my i3 3250 3,5GHz that runs Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield 1 and BeamNG.Drive smoothly is a weak CPU.

And not only noticeable, but laggy.

Is the main problem of Real Traffic Fix, even limiting in vehicles that appear in 100 meters several people stop using the mod because it is laggy, and here I improved the game FPS limiting to 50 meters, but on highways the traffic goes crazy.

pep legal
Posted (edited)

Since I'm playing with oranges...and you're talking about bananas, nothing can be said.

...but I've put my hands on a thing like this :  shi* laptop

...and now we can have the proper conversation.

Scenario

- that shi*t machine.

- the new version of T&T (not released yet).

- limited to spawn 20 cars (default T&T limit is 35 cars)

- 1024 x 768 x 32 / no Anti-Aliases / mid setup

- Silent Patch.

- SALodLight (in a very conservative setup).

- SkyGfx (PC vehicle and PC building pipeline, No dual-pass)

- Modloader with Improved SA Default Cars only.

Test 1 :  T&T with car physics disabled (cars movement is awful)

FPS = 18 ~ 22 (avg 20)

Test 2 :  T&T with car physics enabled (cars movement is smooth )

FPS = 17 ~ 21 (avg 19)

Conclusion : Even running on a "toaster", car physics has very little impact on FPS.

Edited by pep legal

'stote
On 1/12/2018 at 9:42 PM, pete9516 said:

"Copyright :

You can distribute T&T everywhere !

You can take any part of T&T code for you own project without any restriction...provided that you give the usual credits for Pep Legal - GTAforums .com"

really...

so if we are allowed to use the code, how should we decrypt it?? since the cleo script won't show up if we open it with sanny builder

You can read the file with sanny builder you just have to check the "IGNORE UNKNOWN" in the settings button