1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

what where your favorite survival mode hiding spots until r* patched t

hugh750

what where your favorite survival mode hiding spots until r* patched them in late 2013 or early 2014 (i forget when they patched it so you could use your favorite hiding spots), in the boneyard my favorite spot was the rooftop, and in the sandy shores survival mode my favorite spot was on top of the 24/7 store.

i know part of my thread's title was chopped off. :lol:

Edited by hugh750

I don't think my hiding spots have ever been patched :lol: Well, except for wallbreaching through the jet fuselage in Boneyard. I mostly play Sandy Survival and that either behind the fence on the bin or behind the bin in the small garage.

What an incredibly narrow and specific question, OP.

i think it was pretty much to the point. :lol:

In the rail yard one there is a building with some overhead cover and a train cart that you could jump in for ground cover. It was my best spot and i used it to finish that survival many times fair and square.

I may edit in a picture of it but I'm not sure..sorry for the quality I'm still not sure how to upload screenshot but this place..

Bwc9x6n.jpg

Edited by Skycam
  • Like 2

I never knew there were spots that had been patched, but in the past, I used to always take cover behind the white cabin in Boneyard. It was quite easy to complete the survival solo without much effort. However, I stopped doing survivals for the longest time, tried it again a few months ago, and was surprised at just how much they have increased the accuracy and aggression of the NPCs. Hiding behind the cabin could no longer save me from the deadly accuracy of the choppers, and I have yet to be able to complete it solo since this discovery.

"Hey those f*ckers are climbing on a rooftop on an abandoned airfield to fend off waves of attackers including armed helicopters, patch that sh*t up!"

-R* employee of the year 2013

In the rail yard one there is a building with some overhead cover and a train cart that you could jump in for ground cover. It was my best spot and i used it to finish that survival many times fair and square.

I may edit in a picture of it but I'm not sure..sorry for the quality I'm still not sure how to upload screenshot but this place..

Bwc9x6n.jpg

i haven't played the railyard survival mode with my current toon but with my previous toon i could use the railcar as a hiding spot and that was last year.

and i'm on xbox 360. :lol:

^It's the only spot that was reliable for me. On the ps3 is where I used it. Only played a couple on ps4 and players would be hiding in walls getting all the kills so I stopped playing them because that's no fun.

I never really liked them to begin with because it felt like to much time for such a little reward.

Edited by Skycam

^It's the only spot that was reliable for me. On the ps3 is where I used it. Only played a couple on ps4 and players would be hiding in walls getting all the kills so I stopped playing them because that's no fun.

I never really liked them to begin with because it felt like to much time for such a little reward.

i myself have never encountered wall breachers in survival mode, just in free roam.

I only encountered it a couple of times during the one rail yard survival, that was the only one I liked to play.

Not sure about wall breaches n, stuff but my favorite hiding spot I used in most survivals was always those big a## metal dumpsters for cover. when those idiots run towards on foot I would shotgun em in the face using blind fire and An assault shotgun. Fighting off Those helis though that's a different story!

Edited by hellfury66

i tried the railcar while doing the railyard survival still works for me on 360 today.

Edited by hugh750

DentureDynamite

"Hey those f*ckers are climbing on a rooftop on an abandoned airfield to fend off waves of attackers including armed helicopters, patch that sh*t up!"

^^ The facts lead pretty close to the truth right here.

In effect, R* also patched the back left dumpster (with 'sloping' trash in it) in "Processed" (west-most shed) by adding bushes galore right up to it in the PC/PS4/XBox One, letting NPCs 1) easily get close enough to you to shotgun you at near point-blank range without being seen, and 2) camp in the bushes and fire "blindly" (read: headshot or mini-gun you) in seconds; kind of like how gang members don't need to be able to see you to shoot right at you. (Neither of us can see each other, but I step out for a second, and the AI gang NPC fires right at me, each shot scoring damage. I, on the other hand, have to guess where he is behind the bush, forcing me to use more rounds and making it much easier to get killed):

Honestly, I can't help but wonder if R* is gearing up to ditch these older game modes by removing any motivation to want to play them. I used to enjoy them...but not with the BS AI double-standards that R* continues to employ throughout GTA Online and less-than-subtle changes they made that only benefit their NPCs.

I should add that NPCs can also sometimes spawn inside the shed right behind you...leaving no doubt about just how ridiculous many of the Survivals have become.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Behind the white cabin on Boneyard, until the AI became Super EffectiveTM.

Now I just don't bother with Survivals.

• Like 3

Processed is still the easiest one, but I enjoy doing Boneyard from time-to-time just to see the rednecks shootin' from the hip like in the old west. Dead, dead, dead...

Processed best one but good team vs bad team most swing factor, crummy players that get killed in early waves will drag u down later....if all players hide behind cover, play their position chances good make it to level 10.

Edited by derek0514

SaltyGTAFMember

Survival?

What is that, a wussy version of a 1 vs 50 fight club mode I play with the npcs use guns and I use my fist?

Edited by DoucheBagForum
  • Like 3

Bwc9x6n.jpg

If you have the PC version, you could just press the F12 key to screenshot it. Otherwise, you could've used Snapmatic or maybe a Rockstar Editor. Not that hard, really.

Back, maybe 15 or 20 years ago, when GTAO first came along, I played a lot of Survivals. I enjoyed them and, as you can see, I survived them to speak about this topic.

One of my favorite things to do was to move dumpsters into strategic positions using grenades, and specifically, stickies.

Railyard, Sandy Beach, and the Pier had great locations to dumpster duck.

Rockstar, at some point, changed this, making the same dumpsters I used to push around, immovable.

I was infuriated, because they were the basis of my whole strategy AND it allowed me vantage spots that other players couldn't get to.
On Processed, you can still blast the old cars/vans out of position, but they react queerly and never go where you want them to.

So, while I still enjoy a good Survival (current favorite is the Sawmill), I rarely play them anymore.
Mostly because low levels let me do all the killing, often die quick, and always take the Health and Armor pickups. Grr!

I'd welcome a new Survival! Ideal places would be the Lost Compound, the old Hotel (from Cathouse), or even at the Shipyard, near Simeon's garage.

Good topic, OP. Thank you & cheers! :)

A5GD2g5TJkyfh-hhN1KlxQ_0_0.jpg

Bwc9x6n.jpg

If you have the PC version, you could just press the F12 key to screenshot it. Otherwise, you could've used Snapmatic or maybe a Rockstar Editor. Not that hard, really.

Yeah I suppose I could have taken a snapmatic. I know how to upload and use those but I'm not sure how to do it with screenshots from the ps4. I think i read i could go through twitter but not only do I not know how I don't have a twitter.

Edit: It was much easier and faster to just use my phone to take the picture at the time.

Second edit: I know how to take screenshots, it's super easy with the ps4, I have a couple of good ones. The problem is I don't know how to upload them to imgur from my ps4. \/

Edited by Skycam

Who needs Twitter nowadays anyways? There are YouTube videos on how to take screenshots on the PS4 with Rockstar Editor. They're your friends. ;)

On topic, Legion Square Survival where we could steal parked vehicles around the Legion Square park and provide them as cover. Too bad R* here decided they're considered too easy and de-spawn them permanently, rendering it too difficult to complete all ten rounds.

facepalm.jpg

Edited by M.K.N.

Shadowfennekin

Oh. I used the rooftop method that got patched. Haven't played a Survival since, more worthwhile to do other modes than waste thousands of dollars in ammo and get 30 k.... if you even survive.

to be fair, it was too easy doing this

this was the first job I ever played with my friends, I was a super low level cos I got the game a little late and all 3 of us did it without dying

I was pissed when it was made out of bounds but it makes sense really

that employee deserves the award

Boneyard - Behind the white trailer or in the back under the tin shed behind the red abandoned car.

Railyard - In the boxcar.

Processed - Any of the dumpsters in the sheds. Roof monkeys may get kills in the early rounds but after round 4, they die like pigs going to slaughter (tha bad ones anyway).

Sawmill - On to of the smokestack for early rounds (1-4) then indoors for later rounds.

Maze Bank - The small garage on the street level below in the later rounds.

Legion Square - The underground carport.

Last but not least... Industrial Park... On top of the main building for all rounds. I used to HATE this one until I realized that with full snacks, full armor, you could pretty much own the whole thing from up there as long as you're careful.

to be fair, it was too easy doing this

this was the first job I ever played with my friends, I was a super low level cos I got the game a little late and all 3 of us did it without dying

I was pissed when it was made out of bounds but it makes sense really

that employee deserves the award

This pissed me off too. I still get up on out-of-bounds objects for kills while keeping an eye on the timer but it just seems dumb.